last one of 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

last one of 2018

mae all ...how are we then ...here we are the last week of 2018 fred started....for some its been a good year others not so good ...some we have lost from here for whatever reason but in the main we have done pretty goo ...so lets start 19 on a good note ...its foggy here ,raining ,but thats nothing in comparison to some I dont usually do new year resolutions ,but this year I will there a few things I want to change ,but nothing spectacular ...one thing that isnt a resolution is not to drink...that is a given ..
    so here we go ..a brew on the go ...rabbits are home ..its great to see them and they seem pretty pleased too..

hiya Lav ,hows you then? good I hope ..thanks for the nice words ...yes I will dig some more pics out ...Diet has started ....78 days till we go to Sri Lanka ..and I fully intend to enjoy that !glad you enjoyed the theatre ..we were there a couple of weeks before we went to GC ...it was a great night out ..as for the tidying up ..jeez my mum would have been tidying up now ...she was a great believer in sweeping out the old year

hiya pie ..hows you then ? I sent you a pm ...but basically the same as everyone else has said here ..this little group is for us ..you want to moan then do so ..its about support ..in all forms ...:thumbsup:

hiya ppqp ...tree down? we never even put one up ....so you have another week off ? good for you use it as you see fit but enjoy it ...and yep I dont float ..now wheres that broomstick..

hiya sk hows you doing today then? are you ok?hope so ..

hiya Pauly ...hows you ? good I hope ..when I was in GC the bougieswere in full bloom and I come back to a stick!Im going to try and get an orange one they look good ...hows little un doing?

hiya Det how are you mate ? good I hope despite being a bit hillbilly (chilly ) in the van..yep Im back into exercise mode ...well Im never really out of it ..but just intensified ...not Hit tho ..

have a good one friend

hiya teegee you doing ok? hope so

right peeps be well

I took my new girlfriend home to meet my parents the other day. After saying hello my Dad pulled me to one side and whispered "you could have done better than that son. She's the ugliest pig I've ever seen! She must weigh 23 stone. Covered in spots. lips like a cod, shes got a beard, shes cross eyed, got a bald head, size 15 feet and she fcking stinks!!"
    I said "there's no need to whisper dad she's deaf!..."

a little verse

Mary had a little lamb
    Peter had a Pup
    But Johnny has a crocodile
    and it ate the fckers up.

Last night I got extremely drunk and fell asleep at the wheel.

It cost me my job as a roulette dealer.

I have just started a new business. I make tiny houses to rent out to homeless insects. It's going well I already have ten ants.

How many eyes has Dick van Dyke got?

Three - a left eye, a right eye, and an um-diddle um-diddle um-diddle eye
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: last one of 2018

Mae everybody,Mick,an orange bougie would be cool I just always get the dark pink cuz pinks my fave color! Romeo seems to be better,thanks fir askingPQ,gonna keep my tree up til NY even though it's a stick basically like Mick's bougie,I've absolutely never had a tree dry out so fast! Hubs did everything right,cut part of the bottom,water,even used some tree preservative stuff he bought,crazy.Pie,hope today you feel a bit better,this is honestly a strange feeling time for lots of people,even peeps without our affliction,the only way out is through,feel free to bitch! I have a vent,a few weeks ago the manager hired this flamboyant guy cuz nobody was applying and she was kind of desperate,anyway he was totally overcharging people and driving them away,she talked to him about it yet found out he was still doing it so she fired him,well he sent a bunch of texts threatening to sue her,get her fired,on and on then yesterday wrote a yelp review saying that he worked there and heard customers tell him they caught funguses cuz all the combs are dirty,nobody washes their hands,just total lies! What a little creep! Trying to get the posts down cuz it is a conflict of interest cuz hes pissed cuz he got fired,always drama I swear,then someone got shot and killed in our parking lot yesterday,jeez,OK no more vents for me today,just writing this got me all lathered up haha,much love to all and wishes for a super,sober,Sunday!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

THANK YOU!! I was sure enough in trouble yesterday. Posting here started a turnaround though. Then I left the house, aired up the tires, bought some new eyeshadow, visited with friends who brought me up to speed on neighborhood happenings, and then at some point, realized that I wasn't trapped in my own head anymore. That's where all the trouble is anyway, right?

I feel more peaceful, but sapped of energy. From battling demons, maybe? Gonna take it slow today.

Thanks for the last start up of 2018, Mick. Pauly, you meet some interesting characters! PQ, Lav, SK, :hug:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...not making any NY resolutions but am planning on trying to eat healthier. Since getting the cold/flu earlier I've had a tough time with my breathing. Quitting smoking has been front and centre on my mind daily and I keep thinking of my Jan 5 quit date. Perhaps I'm ready. We're getting a cold blast coming through this afternoon so am heading out shortly to restock groceries so I can relax and play games later.

Pauly...I used to keep my tree up till NY but getting back into my routines took priority. That's the pits about the co-worker and I know how difficult it is to get those posts taken down but it can be done. A shooting in the parking lot, how awful! I'm glad you're ok. When I hear of things like that I'm grateful for our gun control laws in Canada.

Pi...hope the mindless activity yesterday helped. Let us know how you're doing today.

Going to treat myself to breakfast while I'm out. Seems I've done more cooking last week than I did all of 2018! LOL Will probably pop back and see what everyone else is up to. Have a Super Sober Sunday all....:smile:PPQP

X-Post Pi...so glad to hear you got out of your head! LOL You did all the right things, proud of you!
        Last edited by porqoui; December 30, 2018, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Thanks, PQ. I was thinking of you last night when I made a grilled cheese for dinner. Comfort food, and all that! So, you're lining up on slaying the smoking beast, eh? I'll be rooting for you!

Comment

Mick, thanks for the 2018 jokes.

I'm wishing all of you a prosperous and healthy 2019!
            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Well did I ever have a noisy 7 hr marathon visit from my grandsons, geez! I think they must be sugared up or something.
              The younger guy was rude & just mean today, not liking that a bit. He was rude & nasty to his mother when she got here so I didn't have to report anything to her, haha!
              They really are better off when they are back in their school routine.

Mick, this year has not been pleasant for me on many fronts so I am ready for a brand new year.
              I had a scary fit of coughing while we were out for dinner last night. I think the chopped fresh tomato roasted on top of the flatbread with pesto was responsible. I am going to stay away from fresh tomatoes all together. It's not fun feeling the back of your throat suddenly on fire & your lips going numb ;(
              I don't even think I need to be tested for a tomato allergy, my body is giving me signals loud & clear. I just want to stay healthy & alive in 2019, ha ha!

Pauly, never a dull moment for you at work, oh boy!
              That jerk never should have been hired, what a shame. I'd spread the word loud & clear about him.
              A shooting in the parking lot? That's too close for comfort. The last hospital I worked at had a credit union in a large trailer parked at the back door of the hospital. Yep, for sure one day it got robbed & the whole hospital went into lock down - that was fun.

Pie, glad to hear you got yourself out & about & away from the stinkin thinkin
              We've all been there & done that I'm sure. It's what makes us human. I'm so grateful that we now have the tools to handle those situations.

PQ, you've picked a quit date, yay!!! That's the first step
              Have you decided on using any medication or nicotine replacement products? They save my sorry a$$ when I quit - made all the difference. I wish you the very best & don't forget to apply the same rules & tools you've learned when you stopped drinking - they work!

Hello SK & I wish you a Happy & Healthy New Year too!

Hello to Cyn, Det & Sam.

Have a nice night everyone!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Heya ho ABeroooos!

fighting off a head cold here but I'm swinging hard. not a biggie, just a cold so far.

Pauly, what an ordeal for sure. bout all I can say is good grief.

Pie, so glad you are sounding up after a trial.

not much energy due to up blowing my nose last night. Trying to cheer myself up by watching the classic '1984'.
                Yes, I have a strange way of cheering myself up I know.

shouts to SK, Lav, PPQ, Sam, Tree

that's 'bout it for the moment. early zzzz for me

be well loves
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

morning all ...how are we today then...hopefully all is well...despite the colds allergies crap co workers and breathing issues ..Well this is it the last day of 2018,for me its been a mixed bag ,my brother ,Julies dad ,my health (tho Ididnt say too much about that ) a mixture of plusses and minuses dependant on how you look at them ..A dry day here today the rabbits are out playing ,it is so nice to see ..Even at the rabbitery? or whatever you callit where I board them ,they said that everyone was admiring them ...its not often you see 2 dutchies so close ...especially different colours ..

ok a brew then Im nipping out to the shop before the locusts descend ..I need kale for those 2

hiya Det ...a cold you surprise me ....we as men dont get colds its a heck of a lot more than that !!ha ha..cant understand why you would want to blow up your nose ..take care friend .

hiya Lav ..tommyatoes now? oh no!! hey you dont have to wish for health in 19 ..you will be good ...so the kidz were wazzed up were they?too much telly games or sugar...you take care now ..

hiya Sk ....19 isthe year for you not to fall ,break anything or suchlike!! you take care also ..

hiya ppqp ....good for you on the smoking front ..I wont pretend its easy ,as an ex smokers will tell you ,but it is definitely worth it ...you can break that cycle ..you know where we are for support we will help as much as poss..didyou get all the shopping done?

hiya pie ..hows you today then ?glad you got it sorted out in your bonce....well done ..its having and using the tools you have gained ....Not quite sure of the connection between grilled cheese and ppqp....

tee gee wherever you are hope you are well ..likewise Sam the man

hiya pauly ..thats some blort your boss hired ...glad Romeo is ok ,are you havin the familee with you for the New Year?

right folks that smalot... just wrote this little verse

Midnight approaches we sing Auld Lang Syne,
                  The end of 18 ,memories left behind ,
                  19 approaches we ring the bell,
                  Bless each and every one of you ,I wish you well.

I took my wife's Christmas present back to the shop today and got her a bigger size, the girls thought it was funny as fck.

They've never had a scarf returned before.

Little known fact, before the invention of the crowbar, crows had to do their drinking at home

Mary had a little lamb.

The rest of the details are a bit woolly.

I love this point in the family Christmas holiday when Pantomime starts.
                  "Look behind you!"
                  "Oh no it isn't!"
                  "Oh yes it is!"
                  "I'm fcking telling you, it isn't, you had the TV remote last time I saw it!"

When you get older does tossing and turning in the night count as exercise

I was on the beach in France when the authorities accused me of people trafficking using small boats and cautioned anything I said would be taken down in evidence.

I just shouted out to sea: "Come in Number 7 and 11, your hour is up!" .

At breakfast this morning.
                  “Dad are we Scottish?” Asked my 5 year old son.
                  “Shut up, drink your Scotch and eat your porridge”. I replied.

The wife and I were on holiday in the USA. We were in this diner . The waitress waddled over and I asked her "What's this 'Fat Texas' challenge ?"

"Oh, that's our 6lb burger challenge. You finish the entire burger, you win $1000 and your picture on the Wall of Fame."

"That sounds like it would be fun to try," I replied. The burger came out 10 minutes later, and I was really curious to see this absolutely massive sandwich.

A crowd gathered around and cheered as the huge burger got down to it's last few bites. "Oh my, I've never seen anyone even get close to finishing this before," an onlooker gasped. Anyway, after it was over, the manager came out and presented a cheque and said, "OK, let's take your picture for the Wall of Fame."

"I really think that's kind of embarrassing," I replied... "I think we will just take the money."

However, my wife was absolutely thrilled to have her face up there on that wall.
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,hope there's nothing too serious going on with you? Now it'll bug me yep,the manager shouldn't have hired that guy in the first place! None of the girls wanted to work with him but of course she hired him anyways cuz SHE wouldn't have to work with him cuz the shift was an evening/weekend shift,I guess hes still sending her strange texts,went to see my boys last night for a bit and Romeo clung to me,Louie was hyper cuz they were making slime haha,I haven't seen them much this week cuz Kells bf changed jobs this is gonna suck but I think I'm gonna have him just bring them by earlier on the days they both work,I'll be missing a huge part of my life if I'm not on Nan duty! Pie,so glad you got outta your head the other day,I absolutely hate that feeling! PQ,I feel like I cooked a lot this past week too,sorta over it,Lav,sorry your grandson had a 'tude think they all go through that phase,Det,it's been a bad year for colds here! Something in the air maybe,or just too cold who knows,I'm over that too! Much love to all and have a safe,BF NYE,,I'll be in bed by New York time!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

PQ,I hope your January 5 quit date is easy for you,I wanna quit smoking but every time I try its a half passed try,maybe try Lab's advice and get the nic replacement doo dads

Comment

Well, another done and a new one just begun, See you all next year!
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...moving your post over to this thread....

"Happy New Year’s Eve, all! Sorry again to be away... visiting with family flows into every moment of each day. Truly I am pooped and truly I am ready to go home... staying here today and then we will get on an early flight tomorrow, hopefully home by midnight tomorrow night. These c-country itineraries are tough.

Glad to read back a little and see all is perking away with everyone. Mick, welcome home! Pi, I completely understand, come here and vent away — stay strong, it’s so worth it. PPQ, I played one game with family, something I never do... it was a games of “accents” (Utter Nonsense?) we laughed and laughed. Det, brrrr, hope you got warm! Pauly, I have been confused about days and dates this whole month; I’ll be glad to welcome January. SK, sounds like you got something fun in the mail from a friend of ours! Lav, such a nice thing to see the show and have dinner- - wonderful memories. Hello to Sam and any others I missed, apologies.

I will be thinking of you all with gratitude as we welcome a New Year (although I hope to be catching a few zzzzs as the clock turns!)

Cheers all -"

Good to hear from you and I bet you'll be glad to be home. Safe travels and Happy New Year to you and yours.

Pi...I ended up clearing and cleaning out the living room space. Had to make room for a new printer the boys were going out to buy. That's one way to get my butt in gear.

SK...same to you! Here's to an "accident" free year.

Lav...to be fair I said I was thinking of Jan 5th for my quit. I think I put it out there as I know all of you would encourage me to take the plunge! Like the saying goes, nothing changes if nothing changes! I was put off with the medication (Champix) but my twin managed to quit with the nicotine patches and I figure I can draw on her experiences to help me through. Glad you survived the 7hr marathon and you're right, everyone needs their routines.

Det...you take care of yourself. I'm always a little nervous when you get sick as we know how you've dealt with it in the past. But the past is the past and you have such a solid new beginning. Hope you got some decent zzzz's last night.

Mick...yes life has been a mixed bag for all of us and look we all survived! We don't need details just know that we're here for you re health issues. Glad it's a dry day and the rabbits are out playing. They are special as the rabbitory people can attest to. Didn't realize you were an ex-smoker. Did you use a patch? medication? any advice would be appreciated. Popped out this morning just to get some nibbles for watching NY events on TV tonight. Temp dropped to 3F but it's sunny and bright out.

Pauly...not sure who said it but I agree you should get the word out about wierdo! For every post you see comment about the truth. It'll be a quiet NYE for me too and being awake at the witching hour is debatable! LOL Will be looking at the patch as I know how successful just deciding not to can be. I've got some tools from here to use though.

Sam...all the best to you. Hope the new year is a positive one for you and your family.

Wishing everyone I missed a Happy New Year and looking forward to continuing our friendships.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

It's 7:30 pm here on the east coast so I'm guessing Pauly is still up, ha ha!!!!
                            We took ourselves the Swiss chocolate maker nearby & brought home a can of dark chocolate covered pretzels & some other interesting hand made chocolate. That's our NYE bash, chocolate & no alcohol, LOL

Mick, happy New Year to you fella, I hope it's a wonderful & healthy one for you.
                            I think many of us have had family & health issues to deal with this year. The good news is we're still here to enjoy each other's company

Det, another cold?? Are you skimping on your vitamin C or what? I sincerely hope it doesn't develop into anything more. You deserve a healthy 2019 too!

Pauly, it's weird when you've spent so much time with the grandkids & suddenly they are in school or otherwise too busy for you. I miss seeing them too.

PQ, sorry, I didn't mean to jump the gun about your quit date. It just makes me happy to see another person pulling the plug on those damn things. No, it's not easy but definitely worth the effort. Besides saving a shit ton of money you will enjoying breathing, smelling & tasting with ease!
                            I didn't want to risk taking Chantix either since it's known to mess with people's moods. The nicotine replacement products definitely help keep you from climbing the walls, ha ha! That's why I swear by them. Whatever you choose, I wish you good luck

Cyn, you must be exhausted with all the work & traveling. Get home safe & get some rest!

Pie, SK & Sam, I hope you all are doing OK tonight.

Here's to a wonderful 2019 for all of us. I wish we could eat these Swiss chocolate pretzels together :hug:

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav,my phone loves to change your name to "Lab" haha,enjoy your chocolate! PQ,sorry I jumped the gun to on Jan 5th too,guess I just read it wrong,Mick,happy NY to you,you're probably already in bed by now,maybe not I'm still unsure of the time difference,see you all in 2019!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X