• Show
Clear All

January 2019 Army Manoeuvres

:heartbeat:
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Re: January 2019 Army Manoeuvres

Happy New Year Army!!!

Wishing you success in your endeavors, good health, the strength to face new challenges and contentment within yourselves. And good luck! We can all use some good luck!!!!

Last edited by stirly-girly; January 1, 2019, 07:01 AM.
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]............you've re-found your picture posting
      Happy New Year to you, darling.
      Watching the New Year's Day concert from Vienna.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
        [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]............you've re-found your picture posting
        Happy New Year to you, darling.
        Watching the New Year's Day concert from Vienna.
        Hiya Jackie dear!! Yep, found out how to do the pictures. Easy peasy after all.

Hope you're enjoying the concert. Your dress for the wedding is perfect!! The colour will look great on you and I'm sure you'll find just the right hat. I love hats too, although I never wear them. Very seldom see a hat over here. Just too hot, I guess.

I've just taken a lovely shoulder of lamb out of the oven and the house smells divine. Got my favourite music station on to keep me company. Enjoying my first New Year's in my apartment!

Took a quick read back - looks like everyone enjoyed Christmas. Good to see Starty and Tabbers!! Hope you will both be around more often. (says she who hasn't posted for some time....)

Had Christmas at younger son's new apartment with his boys and Mr. Stirly. Although he hasn't moved in there yet since no divorce or custody papers have been signed. It's a bit of a mess but I'm hoping things will straighten out soon.

Again wishing you all a good year. I think that's about all we can wish for anymore. Health to all and continued sobriety for those AF and strength for those who still have an AF goal. It can be done. Make 2019 the year you did it!!!!

Comment

Afternoon all and happy new year again. Great to see you back Stirly and yes I have started 2019 doing it. Got up at 5 am and hiked to the top of a mountain to see the sun rise. Bit cloudy and misty but still very mild, 12km hike followed by cooked breakfast handed to me. What better way to start the year. It sure beats staying in bed with a hangover. Himself was still in bed when I got back. I will cook a roast later but that’s it for the day. Reading and Netflix are all that I have planned. Hope you enjoy the wedding Satz and Mary that you enjoy dinner with the inlaws. Keep checking in Tabs and Starty, good to see you both back. Few more awol, Anon and Sweetie, hope you both are ok.

Comment

Happy New Year Rusty - and yes, a great way to start the year!

Hope all is well with Mrs. A and that Mr. A is improving and at least comfortable and not in pain.

Looking forward to hearing of the wedding [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] !

Going to have a wee nap. I don't usually have one simply because I'm never home in the afternoon (only on Sundays) but the lamb seems to have made me sleepy so off I go for a bit. Will catch up with youz laterz...........

Comment

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]......that sounds like Heaven.
              [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION].....big piece of beef going in shortly.
              [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].........have the best day and rock that hat.
              If anyone wants to pop round. I've got 12 mince pies, a Christmas cake and a bloody great bit of Stilton and a fair bit of camembert to finish.
              Every year we watch the Vienna New Year concert and every year we swear we'll go one day.

Came out of the do last night to walk smack bang into a service user from where I used to work. This man was last seen in a hospital gown in a corner shop, blood running down his arm where he'd pulled his drip out trying to buy a bottle of vodka and getting it. I hadn't seen, heard or even any news about him in two years and to be honest thought he was dead............and there he was right in front of me. Alive!!!.......Not only had he been to re-hab and embraced it. He now chairs AA, goes to AA and is heading toward a year sober.

And I know a lot of people think social media is hokum but this is amazing. Got to the works do about 9ish and there's one of the lads with the most beautiful black Staffordshire Bull Terrier (for a moment I thought we'd gone dog friendly). Anyway turned out he'd found this wee chap frantically running up the road with no collar, no lead and just brought it with him. Friendly, waggy, beautifully looked after. So anyway the lad posted his picture on FB and it was shared throughout the town..........by 10.30pm his frantic owners had got in touch. He'd slipped his collar and run off. Very happy owners and one slightly dissapointmented young lad that had in his head where they'd put his bed in his house.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Happy New Year Army,hope 2019 brings happiness and health to all
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning All,
                    Up early to get out in the garden before the heat is upon us again.

Terrifies me to see dogs on the loose JC. The owners must have been beside themselves. Reuniting lost animals locally is the only thing I share on social media these days.
                    Right, there's enough light out there now so Crocs on and into the garden. Check in later.
                    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Happy New Year to the Army

I hope this is the best year for all of us :heartbeat:
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Evening, epic fail on the no sugar today. In-laws brought cakes and it would have been rude...tomorrow will be day 1 for me :happy2:

Love the sound of that hike Rustop... didnt venture outside the door all day, will make up for that tomorrow..
                        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Much better day than last New Year's Day 2018 when I found out Jenny had left her fiance. Tbh my anxiety was running at full pelt 'til I heard from her today.

Got the trees and the decorations down. Cannot be doing with them hanging about.........let the discussion begin about the 12th night.

Mr JC back at work tomorrow, I'll prolly not see him 'til midnight.

Keep an eye out for Luther........cracking start. BBC at its best.

Wonder how Satz and her hat are doing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I thought that wedding was on the 3rd. Jeez I'm hopeless with dates.

Don't know about the twelfth night but Mum always got the decorations down before the new year in case the old year's luck passed on into it....and if that happened I'd just top myself now to save time.

The five am gardening session is starting to take it's toll.

The most exciting thing that happened today: I got a mini vacuum adaptor set to vac out my window tracks.........
                            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Exciting Bridge!!!

Morning.
                              Decorations are always up until the 6th here. Womens Christmas. Im ready to take them down now, but Im overruled.
                              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                              X