One Step at a Time - January 2019

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Re: One Step at a Time - January 2019

AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy New Year everyone. Sorry for the late start. Better late than never.
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

to all my Stepper friends!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thank you cowboy for the reminder. I have been searching for the perfect image for a couple of days. I never found what I wanted to start the year off with. So, I just went to bed last night without starting it off. Ha, ha

I was in bed by 10:00 last night. We were woken up at midnight by all the fireworks and explosions. Went back to sleep, woke up at 7:00 and it was too cold so I decided to sleep in! Just finished a big breakfast that hubby cooked for us. What do you think? Nap time? :rotlf:
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], Nora Nora Nora! :heartbeat: Thank you for posting our new thread. Happy New Year to you and your family! You are not too late at all. Thank you for being the best thread and forum leader, ever! Sending much love to you from Wisconsin!

Comment

I just want to give a big shout out to everyone. This is a thread for EVERYONE. Feel free to stop by with one comment or feel free to stick around. We are all on this journey together and we can do this one step at a time.

​Did you like how I managed to get 'one step at a time' in that? LOL
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy New Year. I am so dang cold. Have not been able to get warm today. Imagine if I lived where it really was cold. Ha ha

I don't remember if I told you that our bathtub is backed up. Sigh Will call our landlords tomorrow. Can you imagine the cost if a plumber came out today? Well, I didn't get the ton of stuff accomplished like I was going to. But, I feel better today than I have in a month. So, maybe doing what I wanted for 4 days was the ticket!
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy January Steppers!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-oh no!! A backed up bathtub??? YIKES!:egad::egad:

Comment

Well - you all know about my phone phobia that I have developed. I have to go call my cousin so wish me luck. He has called probably 5 times this weekend. He's a phone person. We haven't talked in years and then I talked to him & his sister a couple weeks ago. Long story short - the bad sheep cousin (drugs, violence, prison, drugs, sobriety) and I am going to go return his call(s).
                        phone.gif
                        Last edited by NoraC; January 1, 2019, 02:20 PM.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I'm back. He didn't answer.
                            [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION] - how you doing? Is Mark home yet? I don't know what time he left yesterday. Are you glad to be back to work tomorrow?
                            [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION] - did you celebrate with your girls?
                            [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION] - I'm glad that you had a good holiday season. Now you can sit back & relax. Ha ha Good that you are working from home for a few days.
                            [MENTION=6149]Paul[/MENTION]y - did the boys stay up all night with you? Such cuties you have.
                            [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] - I know you didn't stay up all night. You were in bed before I was.

Did anyone watch the Rose Parade? I never watch it but hubby's sister's BIL and SIL worked on float back in 1978. The SIL posted a pic on Facebook today. I remember because I, this very shy 19 year old recently married, went out to lunch and to see the floats with my new MIL, SIL and my SIL's MIL. All I can remember about the day is being nervous and feeling out of place. Ha, ha. Oh, how much time I wasted worrying about things that didn't matter.
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
                              Happy New Year. It is 70 degrees here and rain. I'll trade Nora. Well, I have that phone problem too! My counselor said could I call 2 people this week? I said ok, but idk if I will. I don't know who I would call. Maybe I could call my kids, thats 2 people right?? hahaha..Nora, did you try a plunger on your tub? That has worked for me before..I haven't watched the parade...dd2 and her bf came over for awhile. I made her hamburger helper which she likes a lot but will not cook....I heard today is national hangover day. Glad it isn't me....gonna watch tv a bit...later

Comment

Working...
                              X