w/c 6th ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w/c 6th ?

maeall...just thot Id start da fred orf .....its very early doors and pitch black...oh and a tad on the cold side but apart from that just like a summers day!nope you all have a good one gorra go ..tatty bye
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: w/c 6th ?

MAE ALL....

Mick...tatty bye...haven't heard that expression in ages. Hope you have success with your detecting. Stay warm out there.

Off to get our coffee started...will check back laterish....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,well tatty bye to you too Mick(whatever it means haha PQ,not sure if you seen it but Mick made you a birthday thread in general,the chicken chow mein was OK but needed more chicken so it wasn't very filling,sent Brady to Panda Express for a small honey,walnut shrimp(my fave) sneezing my arse off this morning,grrrr,it did rain a bit last night so maybe it brought down something who knows? Hope Det checks in today,haven't heard from him in a bit,off for more coffee too,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Sunday!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly...thanks for the heads up, I'll go have a look now....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mick...thank you for the Birthday thread. That was really sweet of you. :hug:
          Last edited by porqoui; January 6, 2019, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Its me ...back again ...today wasnt all that rewarding ,but it was a nice day out ,with a friend so who cares ..I heard a noise behind a clump of trees in the field ...went for a nosey ..4 monkjacks playing ...reall y nice to see ..hope you all had a good day.

I started a petition to ban people from collecting autographs.

So far I've got 5,000 signatures.

My girlfriend caught me trying to stick a tiny blonde wig and a guitar onto a wasp. "Don't, you'll make him Sting." She said.

Last night at a party, I nearly choked on a shoestring !

I couldn't believe that someone had laced my drink.

Old Pike Recipe :
            Dig a pit in sand 3ft deep.
            Place a layer of well rotted manure in pit.
            Now place a layer of damp newspaper.
            Place the Pike on top of newspaper.
            Repeat layers of damp newspaper and manure.
            Cover with sand.
            Light a large wood fire on top of pit and leave for several hours.
            Once the fire has died, clear the embers and scrape away the sand.
            Eat the damp newspaper and manure as it will taste better than the Pike.

I was in McDonald's and they gave me the wrong order.

After a brief argument with the cashier, I shouted, "I want to speak to someone above your pay grade."

So she called over the cleaner.
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mick...sounds like the perfect day to me. Had to look up Monkjacs (Monkjack is the eleventh studio album by Scottish musician Jack Bruce...that didn't seem right.)

But Montjack (Muntjacs, also known as barking deer and Mastreani deer, are small deer of the genus Muntiacus did.) LOL montjack.jpg

Shepards pie the other night was such a hit we're having it again tonight. Hope you all have a peaceful evening...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening friends!

No rain, just sun & wind today
                We joined the crowd at Costco today so we could reload the fridge & freezers, ha ha!

Mick, sorry you didn't find any treasures today but a walk out in nature is nice especially when you see the wildlife

PQ, I said happy birthday to you on FB yesterday but not here. I will go find Mick's thread. I hope you had a fab day!
                I see there are huge snowstorms out west that are heading this way. The weather folks said we will be getting rain instead later in the week. I guess that's good.

Pauly, have you ever tried making chicken chow mein or lomein at home? I make it quite often with about 1000% less salt & it's good.
                I hope you are not getting sick, no one needs that.

Det, check in buddy!

Hello to Sam, Cyn & Pie!

Have a nice night everyone.
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

and good morning to all ...Monday morning it is ,the start of the working week ..or the traditional start ..there isnt too much difference nowadays!Did we all have a good weekend then?hope so.Found nowt yesterday as I said ,but a good day out nevertheless. ok lets make a start ..

hiya Lav how are you then today?hope all is well..my favourite low cal food is lesco..I love it ..all I do is replace all the meat with chicken...chuck in a tin of tommies ,peppers,onions ,garlic ,chillies mushrooms ..in fact any thing ..yesterdays newspaper the lot ..stir it up and let it simmer..serve with rice ...saw your pic of the budding hide the body twins ...Id get them off that train of though rapido!! have a good one

hiya ppqp...hows you then? ok I hope yep they are the ones ....thanks for the info.........one good turn deserves another ...So was your shepherds pie made with lamb? in that case ..it is right because shepherds look after lambs..any other meat ..it is called Cottage pie ..the info you learn on here eh?are you back in work now?

hiya pauly hope you are well.did you manage to find your arse after you had sneezed it off?...I usually bulk all my chicken meals out with veg and spices ...trouble is once Ive done it I cant remember what I put in ..its probably the only list I dont make!have a good day..

hiya det you ok mate ..its time to sign in on the register ..

hiya pie sk sam and tee gee you all well ?

right folks short and sweet ...off we go ..

Frank walked through the forest when he heard a cry for help. He found a dwarf, stuck in a trap. He freed the dwarf, and the dwarf granted him two wishes.

'My first wish' Frank said, 'is a bottle of beer that will never be empty'.

And flash, there was the bottle. Frank opened it, and drank it empty. The next moment, the bottle was full again. Frank was very happy.

'What is your second wish', the dwarf asked?

Frank replied: 'I want another bottle'.

A male patient is lying in a hospital bed with an oxygen mask over his mouth and nose. He is still heavily sedated from a four hour operation. A female nurse's aide appears to sponge his hands and feet.

"Nurse," he mumbles from behind the mask, "are my testicles black?"

Embarrassed, the young aide replies, "I don't know. I'm only here to wash your hands and feet."

He struggles again to ask, "Are my testicles black?"

Reluctantly, the aide pulls back the covers and raises his gown. She holds his penis in one hand and his testicles in her other hand, takes a close look at his genitals and says, "There's
                  nothing wrong with them!"

The man pulls off his oxygen mask and says slowly, "That was nice, but listen closely: Are...my...test...results...back?"

Two antennas meet on a roof, fall in love and get married. The ceremony
                  wasn't much, but the reception was excellent.

Two hydrogen atoms walk into a bar. One says, "I've lost my electron." The
                  other says, "Are you sure?" The first replies, "Yes, I'm positive..."

A jumper cable walks into a bar.
                  The bartender says, "I'll serve you, but don't start anything."

A sandwich walks into a bar.
                  The bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve food in here."

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.

A man walks into a bar with a slab of asphalt under his arm and says: "A beer
                  please, and one for the road."

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One says to the other: "Does this taste
                  funny to you?"

"Doc, I can't stop singing 'The Green, Green Grass of Home.'"
                  "That sounds l ike Tom Jones Syndrome."
                  "Is it common?"
                  "It's Not Unusual."

Two cows are standing next to each other in a field.
                  Daisy says to Dolly, "I was artificially inseminated this morning." "I don't
                  believe you," said Dolly. "It's true, no bull!" exclaimed Daisy.

An invisible man marries an invisible woman.
                  The kids were nothing to look at either.

Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

A man takes his Rottweiler to the vet and says,
                  "My dog's cross-eyed. Is there anything you can do for him?" "Well," says the
                  vet, "let's have a look at him." So he picks the dog up and examines his eyes.
                  Finally, he says, "I'm going to have to put him down." "What? Just because he's
                  cross-eyed?" "No, because he's really heavy."

Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. There are five
                  people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mom or my dad or
                  maybe my older brother Calvin, or my younger brother, Ho-Chin. But I'm pretty
                  sure it's Calvin.

I went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find any.

I went to the butcher's the other day and bet him fifty bucks that he
                  couldn't reach the meat off the top shelf. He said, "No, the steaks are too
                  high."

A man woke up in a hospital after a serious accident.
                  He shouted, "Doctor, doctor, I can't feel my legs!"
                  The doctor replied, "I know you can't - I've cut off your arms!"

I went to a seafood disco last week and pulled a mussel.

Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, but, when they lit a fire in the craft, it sank, proving that you can't have your kayak and heat it too.

What do you call a fish with no eyes? A fsh.

Two termites walk into a bar. One asks, "Is the bar tender here?"

A Few Answers to Commonly asked Pregnancy Questions by Both Men and Women.
                  First, the questions from women:

Q: Should I have a baby after 35?
                  A: No, 35 children is enough.

Q: I'm two months pregnant now. When will my baby move?
                  A: With any luck, right after he finishes college.

Q: My childbirth instructor says it's not pain I'll feel during labor, but pressure. Is she right?
                  A: Yes, in the same way that a tornado might be called an air current.

Q: Is there anything I should avoid while recovering from childbirth?
                  A: Yes, pregnancy.

Q: Do I have to have a baby shower?
                  A: Not if you change the baby's diaper very quickly.

And, from men:

Q: My wife is five months pregnant and so moody that sometimes she's borderline irrational.
                  A: So what's your question?

Q: Is there any reason I have to be in the delivery room while my wife is in labor?
                  A: Only if the words "alimony" and "child support" scare you.

Q: Our baby was born last week. When will my wife begin to feel and act normal again?
                  A: When the kids are in college.

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,funny jokes haha sorry you didnt find nowt but at least you got to spend time out and about PQ,hubs smoked two whole chickens yesterday and I made a big tray of baked zucchini,yellow squash and peppers it all turned out really good,hope your Sheppard's pie or cottage pie was yum! back to a normal workweek finally but not in much of a mood this morning,hope it passes,had to change a lightbulb in my bathroom and was standing on the sink when one foot went into the sink and knocked it out! Now hubs has to fix it,the things that hold it look pretty old and rusty anyway,what a morning so far haha,Lav,I'm not much of a Chinese food person anyways,that was just a quick pick the other day cuz Kell reminded me of it,Sam,hope you're drying out a bit,Det,wish you'd check in,Pie,hope you're staying busy with lots of sales,SK,hope you're well,much love and wishes for a great BF Monday!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Is it okay to just pop in for the jokes? 'Cause that's what I'm doing. Thanks for the funnies, Mick!

Comment

MAE ALL...wow, that was a looonnnggg day!

Lav...the huge snowstorms are all around us with nothing in Calgary. The Alberta Clipper is on its way though, temps dropping to 17F tonight, it'll be a cold morning. They're predicting a skiff of snow on Wednesday and then nothing till the end of the month. Fingers crossed. You're a braver woman than me going to Costco!

Mick...yes it was actually cottage pie but I've never called it that. I don't eat lamb. Yup back to work today and although it was a long day it was fairly quiet. Hopefully will be able to ease into the routine again.

Pauly...your supper sounded really good. My shepards pie was good but now I want roasted veggies! It's going to be an easy scrambled eggs and toast for me and then bed. You take it easy in the bathroom, it's a death trap don't you know. Hope your mood improved, just ease back into it like I'm doing. LOL

Pi...yes it's ok to pop in for the jokes. I'm sure that's what the other 94 viewers were doing. LOL

Det...thinking of you and hoping everything is ok.

Have a peaceful night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Folks

Sunny & cold this morning, Brrr. This afternoon we had a few minutes of sleet then it stopped, oh boy.

Mick, I was determined to keep the boys off of the iPads & whatnot the other day. So they invented the 'hide the dead body' game. See what happens when you leave them up to their own imaginations? Ha ha!
                          I found a nice spinach spaghetti at the store & sautéed some veggies in EVOO to mix in - very good. I dropped a 6 lb chicken in the Instant Pot & 36 minutes later it was done to perfection

Pauly, you need to come to the east coast someday & experience really good Chinese food in Philly or NYC. Their Chinatowns have so many good places to eat, yum
                          I hope you have a good week & everyone stays healthy. I once broke the faucet in my kitchen by leaning too hard on it trying to clean the windows above the sink. Ended up getting a better one, LOL

Hi the Pie, laugh away

PQ, looks like we are both lucking out on the sn*w so far this winter, yay! I hope our luck holds out!!!
                          I was just reading that 22 years ago today we had 30+ " of snow dumped on us. That was damn awful. I had to have YB & his partner take me to work in the police car because the highways were officially closed, ha ha! I wasn't about to get stranded out there in my little car.

Hello to Cyn, SK & Sam.

Det,are you OK??

Have a nice night everyone!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi all - sitting here in a motel on the north tip of Long Island... drove here last night, then met the movers at 7 AM and unpacked all day. Whew, I am tired! But I just wanted to pop in here to say hi to all . Wishing everyone good days.
                            Last night as I was driving here I saw the sky was still light through 5:30, bonus!

To the light!

Comment

Originally posted by treegirl View Post
                              Hi all - sitting here in a motel on the north tip of Long Island... drove here last night, then met the movers at 7 AM and unpacked all day. Whew, I am tired! But I just wanted to pop in here to say hi to all . Wishing everyone good days.
                              Last night as I was driving here I saw the sky was still light through 5:30, bonus!

To the light!
                              My long day doesn't seem so long anymore! Glad you're safe and sound. Have a rejuvenating sleep.

Comment

Working...
                              X