X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - February 2019

I forgot to start a new month!!
    Where is everyone?osteroops:

Last edited by NoraC; February 2, 2019, 01:22 PM.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Re: One Step at a Time - February 2019

Hi all,
    Happy Friday. Nora, let us know how the dinner goes. Hope you have a good time. Maybe it will warm up and you can keep the pets out. A big warm up heading through soon......Liz, that is awful about the fire. Good nobody was hurt. Funny about the mixer. When I was little my grandma had a hand crank one I loved. I know you miss Lucy. It is so tough......haven't been doing much. Working in the yard. Will be glad when dd2 gets back from Atl. She moves to a different airbnb tomorrow. I am glad, as the one she is in the guy has called me twice. First time to talk about the key, which he could have put that in a message, and then tonight wanting to know how we liked the place. I didn't answer, but will send him a message later...going to watch some tube....b

Comment

Haha Nora, I posted in January! Sorry about that. I was just wondering what everyone was up to this weekend? I'm working tomorrow. I'll go shopping with Erin tomorrow after work to try on bridesmaids dresses for my nieces wedding. You probably all know how much I love weddings!

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone and Happy Groundhog's Day!
        [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-:heartbeat:Thank you for starting us off on a new month. I hope it warms up for you. It got down to -39F without the windchill on Wednesday. The temp is supposed to climb to 43 tomorrow. YAY!!How is little Savannah? Does she already have a beautiful collection of earrings? OOOHHH please post a pic if you can/want to do so.
        [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]-I know you'll be cheering on the Pats tomorrow, as will my mom's entire family, as they are from Maine. Smart move in not agreeing to babysit for your friend's dog. I know home much you miss Lucy. I shared a dog for many years with the long-time partner of my best friend. She died in 2003 and I have never cried so hard in my life. I shared this little dog, whom I adored, for 7 years after my friend died, but I finally had to give it up because my friend's partner was always trying to have a romantic relationship with me! He admitted to me that he was always more attracted to me than he was to my friend (she was a lot older than I was) and I just couldn't get him to leave me alone. He is 91 years old now and he's always been a leech and a self-centered pig. Giving up that dog was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, but it was all or nothing for me. I needed Mike out of my life for good. When that little dog died in 2016, I cried and cried. I also needed him out of my life because he was a HUGE trigger for my drinking. Staying sober was much easier once I cut him out of my life. [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION], do your sisters and/hubs ask you about your drinking anymore? You haven't mentioned it in a long time. I hope they have seen the light. Hugs to you! Enjoy the Super Bowl! :-)
        [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION], -I love hearing the stories on how simple things like curling irons, mixers, etc. are wonderful toys for your children and grandchildren. When my great-niece and nephew were visiting my mom, mom was worried that they would be bored while she and my nephew watched the NFL playoffs. She has no toys in her little apartment. The kids are 5 and 7 and they had more fun just pushing her office chair and walker all over the apartment. Mom said they had a ball. LOL
        [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-did you see the picture of the hand mixer on FB? My mom had one of those! I remember it well. So glad dd2 will be at an Airbnb that you like.
        [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]-how was your visit with your son and his family? Did you all get cabin fever with the severe weather?

A big shout to lovely people I miss.. [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]...check in, please!

I am off to work out and then I'm going to lunch and a meat raffle with my dear friend. [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], I know you would be dying to go to the meat raffle. I have a chance to win half a cow. Just kidding, sweetie.

Big hugs to everyone and Happy AF Saturday!

Comment

I used to play with my Mom's hand crank mixer. Wow - that brought back memories. Kids are pretty good at making anything a toy. Or at least we used to when I was little.

Well hubby is about to go get in the hot tub. It is raining outside and cold. I decided to stay in here covered in my blanket. Brrr, brrrr

Bird - that guy was a little too pushy from the first bnb. I'm with you, don't call me unless you have to. Ha, ha Is daughter coming home tomorrow or staying until Monday? I forget how long the drive is.

Liz - I totally flaked on remembering it was a new month. I was standing in my office at work and suddenly announced - Oh my gosh, it's the first! Little did they know that I was worried because I hadn't started a new month here. LOL

Rusty - you do such interesting things. How fun - a meat raffle. Do they hang it up in front of you to raffle it off. :rotlf: uke: I'm just kidding. I hope that you win something. I can remember years ago, my work would give out turkeys for Thanksgiving. I would stand in line to get my turkey and I can remember the foreman saying - let me look for a big one for you. So, I've had my share of meat. LOL
          I hope that you have a wonderful lunch with your friend.
          Thanks for sharing about the friend you had to cut out of your life. So glad that it helped you on your path to sobriety.

Pauly - what are you up to this weekend? Are you babysitting? Lou looks so grown up now and Romeo is such a cutie pie. I don't know when I'll see Savannah again. Probably not this weekend. J spends most of the time at her Dad's house when C is working so we don't get to see them very often.

I agree that I miss Glassie & Techie.

I wish more people would feel welcome to post here. This thread is for anyone and everyone. We are here to help each other whether it's day 1 or day 1000.
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I liked a post from Belle - Tired of Thinking about Drinking

Waking up feeling great? It’s something that you don’t get tired of when you’re sober. Do you know how many times you woke up trying to remember what you did the night before? Or feeling sick, hungover, exhausted—but mostly feeling disappointed and discouraged and hopeless. When you move away from day 1, that stops. When you move away from day 1, you feel better. There is a sort of a standard trope in the sober world that says: "You never wake up wishing that you’d drank the night before," but it’s true. There are some evenings where your brain will torment you about the idea of drinking. But there is never a morning when you wake up and think: "Wow, I really should have drank last night." We wake up in the morning thinking: Holy Good Fucking God I’m so glad, I feel Fucking Fabulous, I can Fucking count on myself, I’m so Fucking proud of myself. Should there be some more swearing? I don’t know, what do you think? How about: I wake up. I’m sober. And I’m a Rock Star. I’m a Sober Rock Star.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

We have had quite a day of rain and wind. Of course, nothing like everyone else is experiencing but pretty amazing for around here.
              I was walking between buildings yesterday when the first bolt of lightning lit up the sky. EEEEKKKKKKK I am not a fan of thunder storms. I looked around but I was smack dab in between the buildings. And a couple seconds later that thunder roared and rumbled on & on.
              I continued on to the machine shop muttering to myself about being out in the rain. I told the Quality Manager and the Scheduler to have a good weekend because they wouldn't be seeing me again. I wouldn't be going out in the rain.
              When I walked back into the assembly building - they all looked at me in excitement. "are you ok?" "how was it" "I asked them if we should go out and make sure you were ok". :rotlf: They had all seen me walk thru from my office and out the back door right before it hit.
              It was pretty funny how dramatic I was when I walked in. I threw my hands up in the air and said the sky lit up and I had nowhere to go. Ha, ha
              I really am very shy but I see these people everyday. And I also have gotten to the age of - who cares? :harhar:
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                Good Morning, Everyone and Happy Groundhog's Day!
                [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-:heartbeat:Thank you for starting us off on a new month. I hope it warms up for you. It got down to -39F without the windchill on Wednesday. The temp is supposed to climb to 43 tomorrow. YAY!!How is little Savannah? Does she already have a beautiful collection of earrings? OOOHHH please post a pic if you can/want to do so.
                [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]-I know you'll be cheering on the Pats tomorrow, as will my mom's entire family, as they are from Maine. Smart move in not agreeing to babysit for your friend's dog. I know home much you miss Lucy. I shared a dog for many years with the long-time partner of my best friend. She died in 2003 and I have never cried so hard in my life. I shared this little dog, whom I adored, for 7 years after my friend died, but I finally had to give it up because my friend's partner was always trying to have a romantic relationship with me! He admitted to me that he was always more attracted to me than he was to my friend (she was a lot older than I was) and I just couldn't get him to leave me alone. He is 91 years old now and he's always been a leech and a self-centered pig. Giving up that dog was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, but it was all or nothing for me. I needed Mike out of my life for good. When that little dog died in 2016, I cried and cried. I also needed him out of my life because he was a HUGE trigger for my drinking. Staying sober was much easier once I cut him out of my life. [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION], do your sisters and/hubs ask you about your drinking anymore? You haven't mentioned it in a long time. I hope they have seen the light. Hugs to you! Enjoy the Super Bowl! :-)
                [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION], -I love hearing the stories on how simple things like curling irons, mixers, etc. are wonderful toys for your children and grandchildren. When my great-niece and nephew were visiting my mom, mom was worried that they would be bored while she and my nephew watched the NFL playoffs. She has no toys in her little apartment. The kids are 5 and 7 and they had more fun just pushing her office chair and walker all over the apartment. Mom said they had a ball. LOL
                [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-did you see the picture of the hand mixer on FB? My mom had one of those! I remember it well. So glad dd2 will be at an Airbnb that you like.
                [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]-how was your visit with your son and his family? Did you all get cabin fever with the severe weather?

A big shout to lovely people I miss.. [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]...check in, please!

I am off to work out and then I'm going to lunch and a meat raffle with my dear friend. [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], I know you would be dying to go to the meat raffle. I have a chance to win half a cow. Just kidding, sweetie.

Big hugs to everyone and Happy AF Saturday!
                Thank you for thinking of me [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION]. I’m doing ok, getting ready to host a few folks here for the BIG game. Happy February to all you Steppers XOXO
                “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Hi all,
                  Watched a scary serial killer show just now. Hope I don't have nightmares hahaha. Went out to the Indian mounds today, there were a lot of people. It was pretty warm out. Don't think I had been out for a couple of days, had been working in the yard. Dd1 coming over for the game tomorrow. Dd2 won't be home until Monday. She will have to get up early and get home as she has a class at 11. It takes 1-2 hours depending on traffic.........Lizann, bet you had a great time shopping for the dress. I have to take dd1 to get one for graduation soon.......Rusty, I almost went to see a groundhog today, but I woke up too late. That is too bad about that Mike guy, sad about the dog. I didn't see the mixer pic.....Nora, that is scary about the lightening! I am shy too, but at my last workplace I had been there so long I just would say anything hahaha. I liked the Belle thing. She is pretty good. I did her pen pal thing for a year. I have spent so much money on recovery stuff..well, more tv(not scary)

Comment

Rusty, I totally get why you gave up the dog. I think that was really the only choice given the circumstances. A shame that guy couldn't be more respectful that you didn't didn't feel the same way about him. How sad about the dog! I have never heard of a meat raffle. What exactly do they raffle off? I mean I assume it's meat, but how is it presented? I find that very interesting. No Rusty, my drinking hasn't been mentioned in quite awhile. It still feels like the elephant in the room. I didn't tell my TS that I was going out with the hospital group until after the fact, because I know it would've come up. You know, because a lot happened there.
                    Nora, I don't particularly like lightening and thunder either. Just plain scary. At least you provided everyone with a little entertainment/excitement. Thanks for sharing that post from Belle! I actually had a drinking dream last night, it was very upsetting! Like they say in AA, consider it a freebie. I didn't drink. That feeling just stays with me.
                    Techie, enjoy the game tomorrow and more importantly the company and the food!
                    Bird, where would you go to see the groundhog? Im glad the weather is a bit warmer there now. Here too. Such a nice winter day, 35 and sunny, just the way I love it! I don't like to watch scary stuff. I hope you don't have nightmares!
                    Erin and I had fun shopping, even though it was kinda quick. The dress looked beautiful on her. She can put on anything and look good. Don't know if I mentioned, but she wanted to try it on to see if there was a little "extra" room to grow into or if she should order a bigger size. You know, just in case she is pregnant then:welldone: that is the plan, but we shall see. It was a bit of a struggle conceiving with Logan.
                    Pauly, I guess you had to work today? I suppose Saturday's are really busy.
                    Glassie, sure do miss you here and hope you're doing ok!

Comment

We don't watch the game but I hope you all enjoy it. Hubby does watch the half time show once in a while. I think he likes looking at pretty girls. Ha, ha

Liz - I meant to say that it was definitely the right decision to not dog sit. I wouldn't risk it around Logan either. Glad you had a good time looking at dresses. I'm sure she looked gorgeous. You have such pretty girls. Also exciting news about trying for baby. My friend's son & DIL just had a procedure today where they they took her eggs. They already have his sperm. They do whatever they do and will implant it on a set date in March. They are planning for a November baby.

Bird - I saw some show advertised and I decided I better not watch it. I can't remember which one it was but I knew it would creep me out.

Techie - wonderful to see you.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
                        This from Mrs. D is Going Without today

Little by little.
                        Little movements towards change.
                        First time 5pm rolls by and you don't pour yourself a drink.
                        First Friday night without booze.
                        First entire weekend spent sober.
                        First time you wake after 8 uninterrupted hours sleep.
                        First time you look in the mirror and notice a change.
                        First time you move into your day feeling positive and strong.
                        First BBQ without drinking.
                        First sober wedding.
                        First Christmas.
                        First birthday.
                        First concert.
                        First time something simple hits you as something glorious.
                        First time you feel pure unadulterated joy.
                        First time you cry gutteral tears.
                        First time your anger hits you like intense rage.
                        First time you tell someone your truth.
                        First time someone shares their truth back.
                        First time someone says you're brave, you're amazing, you're an inspiration. I'm so proud of you.
                        Little by little. Inch by inch. Step by step. Hour by hour. Day by day.
                        Little movements towards monumental change.
                        Just take the little steps. Notice the firsts.
                        Enjoy the change.
                        You've got this.
                        Mrs D xxx

thought it was nice...be back later....nice day out, slept 11 hours

Comment

Good morning and happy Sunday! Stayed up way to late last night, more like early this morning talking to a distant relative on Facebook messenger. But it was nice to re connect or should I say connect. It's hubby's fathers great grand niece. She lives in Chicago and was asking about the family here. Seems she doesn't have much family.
                          Have a great AF Sunday everyone!

Comment

Cross post Bird. Snapped a picture of that and saved it on my phone! Thank you, it is great!

Comment

Bird - Thank you for that post from Mrs D. I love it. Just great.

Hope everyone is having fun watching the game. I flipped to it and see that it started. I don't know anything about football. I'm just trying to see when the halftime show starts. Ha, ha
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                              X