X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

March 2019 Army Thread

It's here, SPRING!

white-rabbit-with-a-carrot_a-G-13882246-0.jpg

Been a busy week - out after school so not getting in til late and i get banjaxed so early... cos I get up so early. Hope yis are all well.

Happy Friday. Sad Saturday cos the wind and rain is back This nice weather has me thinking why on earth do I live in a country that can be so wet and gray so much of the time when I genuinely feel so much better when it's sun - needn't;t be warm, but bright blue skies, banishes any melancholic blues

Re: March 2019 Army Thread

Good morning RC, thanks for starting us off. Waves to everyone else. It has been very spring like last few days here, love it but have not forgotten that it was this time last year we had the big snow. Very busy day ahead so better get a move on. Catch up later.

Comment

Morning to the March marchers and Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Hapus!

Thanks for starting us off [MENTION=18049]RunningCourage[/MENTION] :hug:

Had a fabulous couple of days when the weather was gorgeous........went back to Baltic yesterday.

I'm home. We came home mid-evening yesterday. Became blindingly obvious yesterday afternoon to de-camp last night rather than to faff on at 7.00am this morning and get Mr JC to work on time today.

The kitchen is looking rather gorgeous. Had a teeny concern about a dark corner in one corner but the fitter's just arrived and sorted it.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

And some exceedingly good news (well to us)...........the S&H's best mate became a father for the first time on the 27th Feb. A beautiful little girl weighing in at 9llb 5oz (4.22 kilos) a whopper. Delighted for him and his wife.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning all!

Totally get that feeling RC. I really suffer in the winter with SAD. This year not so much as I think its been brighter generally. I remember going to Scotland to see Chill a few years ago and I remember feeling that the sky was so grey and nearly crashing down on my head. It felt very oppressive. Would you consider moving elsewhere?

Delighted your kitchen it sorted and you are pleased. It makes such a difference.

Rustop back to dull here now. But still not too cold. I even managed a hot flush while walking the dogs this morning :haha:

Oh how I am going to love not being at work so much

Comment

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]
            A whole new world, eh? I'm thrilled for you.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Thank Jax my first job is to take Casey to the hairdresser. Lovely doing it in the week than having to squeeze it into the weekend when it is rushed. I stay with him while he is done and it take a good couple of hours. Nice just to enjoy the experience rather than worrying about everything else I have to fit in to the day while also being knackered

Comment

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]
                Bess barely 'speaks' to us after she's had her hair done.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

So this is where all the cool kids hang out...

Hello

It's nice to welcome this new month with what appears at the onset, a lovely mild day here.
                  It has been downright soggy here with storm after storm bringing their life giving water. I do love how quiet it becomes as the blanket of grey drifts into the valley, then the excitement of wind, giving voice to the trees.

But...it sure is nice to see a break today. It's a great day to clear out some gardens! No hangover, no doom and gloom. Peace.

"March came in that winter like the meekest and mildest of lambs, bringing days that were crisp and golden and tingling, each followed by a frosty pink twilight which gradually lost itself in an elfland of moonshine."

Comment

Just checkin into say hello. Thanks for starting the new thread running courage.glad our settled JC. Hope you love the new kitchen. Congrats onnthe baby too. Rusty-hopenyourenfeeling better I know what you mean about the weather and haveboften wondered why I live somewhere where it is so dreary all the time. Hope you enjoyed your day starty- it’s so much nicer to do things at your own pace. Hello moon. Yes Coll kids hang here!

Off to a weekend yoga workshop so have been preparing for that. Made food for the kids whilst I’m away and also for me to take for my lunches and dinners. I’m so tired the past few days. Probably a lot to do with the weather.
                    Hope everyone is having a nice Friday. Off to peruse this site and wfs before picking up DS and starting the dreaded witching hour.
                    MinStar
                    Last edited by MinStar; March 1, 2019, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Evening,
                      The kitchen is gorgeous in fact.........
                      gonzalez -Haven't Stopped Dancing Yet original video 1979 - YouTube
                      Its far too lovely and new to use.........give us a day and it'll be business as usual. There will be cake sometime when I get the hang of all the buttons and knobs and read the manual.
                      Our bedroom can wait 'til later in the year.

[MENTION=24344]moon[/MENTION] big wave and a big welcome to the Army.

[MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION].....nice plan for the weekend.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

AUTUMN!
                        Thank God! It might be cool enough to walk from A to B without feeling like you are swimming through humidity. In reality it is still bloody hot and we have the air conditioner on as I speak.
                        Yesterday I got so desperate to get all of the interlopers out of the house that I took a flex day and asked a wiccan practitioner that I know to come around and cast a spell on their bedrooms :harhar:
                        I envy you that new kitchen JC. I know exactly what I would do with mine if I had the dosh. But much better to spend it supporting a house full of people that I don't even want here. Non?

A big welcome to @moon Isn't it a lovely feeling to get up early (because you can) and actually see and enjoy what is around you (because you can)? I hope you find the tools to jump the inevitable hurdles and stay the course.

Hiya Minstar Nice to see you busy and happy.

Big hey ho to Arsy Starty and Rusty.

I would so love to do what you've done Starts. I have no balance at all any more. I thought about approaching the all-powerful ones for a new arrangement but they don't 'like it' here either. I think they are just being lazy myself. And apparently Í value my life' is not a good enough reason to work less. There has to be a family disaster/let's wait until there is a problem.

Big surprise yesterday when a group of friends dropped by. Some turned up with wine, which is fine, they don't drink much. Another lady turned up with them that I don't know that well. When offered wine she said 'No I don't drink, not sure I ever will again. I'm only one year dry' I nearly fell over. You would never guess, as is so often the case. She said she was on 16-20 drinks a night. Would wake up and check the Vodka bottle and find it 3/4 empty. Then think to herself that the 1/4 bottle left wouldn't be enough for tonight....and off we go again. Said she was ill for 3 months after quitting, mentally and physically. Boy wasn't that close to home. I bolted to make us a pot of tea and tell her I thought alcohol was disgusting etc etc. You just never know, do you??
                        Ok I'm off for two solid days of pottering. My favourite thing.
                        Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; March 1, 2019, 05:34 PM.
                        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

[MENTION=22365]rus[/MENTION]top I just say last months posts too. I see you are doing the Marie Kondo as well. Strikes me that the charity shops will be on overload at the moment. Dare I say it, lots of bargains? Or will we just leave the free space in our homes as is the original brief.

JC, I think we are as homebody as one another. I do actually just want to bolt back home if the shopping goes to long in Woolworths.
                          Anyway, I'm still sitting up here in bed like Queen Muck. Why should I hurry off? Did all the housework yesterday.
                          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Welcome to Moon and Minstar good to see you sounding well and busy

Jax, Casey doesnt like his hair being done but he puts up with it albeit with a very woe is me face. But he feels lots better when its done...I think.

Bridge, over here by law they cannot refuse flexible working requests just like that. If there is a solid business reason for it not to happen they have to justify it. I gave them a solution but they found another that they felt would work better ie the job share which was fine. I also gave options re other roles that I could do. Is it the same there? If so, put a case together and see what happens.

Off to meet Chill today for a meander in the woods

Comment

Good morning everyone. :welcome: Moon and Minstar. Congratulations on the new kitchen JC, may you enjoy many happy hours in it. Any chance of collecting rent money from the lodgers Bridget? Maybe you are and I missed it. Just want to feel more organized in the house and the book was this months pick for my book club. Tired this morning, was chauffeuring my older daughter last night, she’s home for a long weekend. I remember Chill from years ago, tell her we said hello Starty.

Comment

Working...
                              X