Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - March 2019

Welcome to March

Last edited by NoraC; March 2, 2019, 11:18 AM.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Re: One Step at a Time - March 2019

Hi all,
    Finally managed to get out today. Except for the doc hadn't been anywhere for a week. Its raining but I have some raingear. Went to a park and the library.The kids are about to be on spring break. Dd1 has shows all weekend, so I might go again. Not much going on, working on another pine needle basket. ...Liz, have you thought about getting a puppy? ...be back later

Comment

Happy March!!
      [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-thank you for starting us off! You are SO on top of things! Thank you for being here for us as our fearless and wonderful leader!:heartbeat:
      [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-so glad you were able to finally get out but I wish the weather had been nicer.
      [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION]-March means Spring will be here in 3 weeks but you might be on your way into winter in OZ? Are you getting more excited for your new grandson as the days draw near?

I have wasted nearly half a day with getting my internet problems fixed but the technician finally came! Problem solved but of course it put me behind schedule.

What is everyone up to this weekend?

I will be with my mom most of tomorrow. My sister is away in SC for a little vacation so my mom hasn't had any visitors all week. Early Sunday morning, I leave for Canada and will be gone until Wednesday night.

Happy March to all my other friends here: [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION], [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], [MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION] (hope you are doing well), [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION], [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] and anyone else I missed...Happy AF Friday and Weekend!

Comment

Happy March. Looks like a snowy weekend in my neck of the woods. [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], I've thought about another dog, but I Just don't know. I miss Lucy terribly. Another dog might not be as good as her and it's always a big deal to get a dog sitter when we go away. Mark wants to get a dog when/if he comes home, a big one. I'd be ok with that.
        Rusty, enjoy your mom this weekend. I was going to take Logan over to my moms today, but the cleaning lady was there. Maybe next week. We are planning on lunch out on Sunday.
        Did a little shopping for pillows, curtains and wall decor for the living room. I didn't really find anything but I ran into my co worker in one of the stores, too funny really.
        Wishing you all a quiet AF night.

Comment

Hi all,
          Taking dd1 shopping this afternoon for her upcoming conference and a dress for graduation. Got her pics last night, I went ahead and bought them, but really I think the ones I take will be better. I watched the Blues Brothers last night. I guess I never watched it before cuz I thought it looked kinda corny. Really nice out, the cats are having a fit for me to go outside. I need to get the garden ready for the freeze up that is gonna happen. Also I have been cleaning the pool up, so will have to drain those lines again so they won't freeze.....Rusty, glad you got your internet fixed. What a pain. Have a good time at your moms....Liz, I know what you mean about the pets and travel. There are plenty of times I want to go but don't because of the cats. That is funny you saw your co-worker out shopping. Where I moved from was very small and when you went shopping you would always see several people that you knew. I was glad to move somewhere that wouldn't happen, but damned if I have seen a couple people I know at the grocery, people from the high school dd2 works for...haha.....Waves to Nora, Paulie ,Glassie, have a good day.....b

Comment

Good morning and happy Saturday. It's snowing here and this time we got quite a bit. I will see if the neighbors dug my mom out, if not we will head over there to do it. She'll do it herself if she feels up to it, but we worry about her back. Really Mom! Hopefully hubby will finish the patching/ painting of the crown molding and then we can move the furniture back. What's everyone else up too? [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], have fun shopping! I thought your daughters picture was beautiful! I felt like some of her personality shone through.

Comment

Where is everyone today? [MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION], I hope you're ok. You've been kind of quiet lately. Sending hugs your way!
              Guess I'll just talk to myself tonight. Hubby and I finally got the living room back together. Just need some pictures, pillows and my chairs.
              Turns out one of my moms neighbors dug her out. This snow is getting to her and there's more on the way tomorrow night. I hope work isn't cancelled for Momday. Hubby is Watching 48 hours and it's kind of scary. Think I'll go read a little.
              Hope everyone is ok and had a good AF Saturday,

Comment

Hi all,
                Well got dd1 all ready for her trip to Kentucky except for shoes. A blazer, dress, some t shirts, a suitcase. I was so tired from that, hope my energy is back soon, Then friend from Colorado called, said it was snowing like crazy, she was drinking and kinda being a little bit of a pain in the ass, I could barely get a word in. Storms moving in today, supposed to be bad, I am going to the theatre, today is the last day of the show.....Lizann glad your mom got dug out. You livingroom looks fab!

Comment

[MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], what kind of a storm? We're getting snow, I guess maybe you're getting rain? Enjoy the show. Sorry you're friend was being a pain. Those drunk calls not good anyway you look at it. She probably doesn't even remember today.
                  Happy Sunday everyone! Gotta go fight the crowds at the supermarket

Comment

Hello Friends! Writing to you from the sky, on the way to Vancouver via Seattle.

Liz-so glad someone was able to shovel your mom out yesterday! Your living room looks great! I am anxious to see your pillows and chairs.

bird-what kind of storm are you expecting? Best of luck to dd on her trip.

NoraC-are you OK? What's going on with you?

Pauly-what did you do this weekend?

Big hugs to you, Glassie. Miss you!

Ahh...here comes the food. better shutdown the laptop.

Happy AF Sunday to all.

Comment

Hello all.

Rusty - when you were talking about the food coming, I was imagining the way it used to be. They served hot meals. Do they do that anymore? Funnily enough we have some little plates from Continental Airlines. I guess when they went out of business they sold them or gave them away cheap? I have no idea but my parents have had them for as long as I can remember and now I have them.
                      Did you have a good visit with your Mom? How is she doing?

Liz - I already fought the crowds at the supermarket. I had to make a stop at our local market first. Luckily that went ok. Sometimes there is a language barrier. I should be working on my Spanish. Then I had to go to Ralph's (Kroeger's).
                      Do you have the self-serve checkouts back there? Our supermarket has changed their set-up so that sometimes theey don't even have a checkout stand open and you have to use the self-serve. They said that you can request they open a checkstand for you but I haven't done that yet. So far I haven't had a whole cart full but it's still irritating when you don't want to use it. My brother always refuses to use the self-serve because he worked in the grocery industry and he feels it's taking jobs away from people.
                      I am so glad that someone shoveled for your Mom. I can't believe that she would even attempt to do it herself. Except I do believe it because 10 years ago, my Mom was that stubborn and going to do things herself.
                      Yahoo that you got the living room back together. I'm sure that is a big relief.

Bird - I hope that you do get back to normal soon. That was a really bad flu you had. Just don't overdo it.
                      That is so exciting that dd1 is graduating. I totally forget what the conference is she is going to.
                      I hope your storm isn't too bad.
                      [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] - what is going on with you? Anything exciting? I still can't get over the snow that you all had. Did Louie make a snowball?
                      [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION] - how goes your home office? Did you get it all settled the way you want it? Are you still decluttering? I am still trying.

One of our cats is sick. Guess we will be visiting the vet tomorrow. He has been vomiting for about 4 days now. We thought he was better but he got sick again so time for the vet.

:checkin: to Techie, NoSugar, Min, and to all that pass by
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
                        Had fun at the theatre hahaha. Glad the tornados didn't get us. The horn went off in the middle of the play. Glad to be home and really glad the lights didn't go out, as they always seem to when the weather is bad. ..guess I will watch some tv and to bed early again....Nora, I hope your cat is ok. I do not like the self service grocery but it seems there is only one checkout open anymore that is not self check out. I think we should get a discount in the self serve aisle.....Liz, looks like the storm is headed your way next......Rusty, Seattle, my place of birth. Have a safe trip.....

Comment

Wow, I can't believe all the regulars are still here! That's a pleasant surprise.

Nora, I'm sorry about your kitty cat...I hope he will be okay.

Gonna take a look around here...it sort of looks like all the trolls and spammers are gone?

I hope everybody is enjoying a sober Sunday evening!

Comment

[MENTION=12165]fennel[/MENTION], Fennel!:thumbsup:Great to see you! How have you been doing???? We have missed you here.:hug: What is new with you? How is your mom? Are you seeing anyone? YES, this place has changed. The spammers are gone. I am sending you a PM.
                            [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-when I said "food", I meant the free pretzels and the snack boxes...which you have to purchase. I brought food with me but was in the mood for pretzels. My mom is doing really well, thanks for asking. Sorry about your sick kitty. :-( I posted a few pictures of Vancouver on FB.
                            [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-I don't like the self-service idea, either. Fortunately, we only have self-service at Wal-Mart. Our family-owned grocery store in my town doesn't have self-serve, but, they do not pay their people well and just in the last few months, they have been seriously short on cashiers at the check-out counters.

Big hellos to all my other friends here: [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION], [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION], [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION], and anyone else I missed, Happy AF Monday!

Comment

[MENTION=12165]fennel[/MENTION], I just tried to send you a PM, but your mailbox is full.

Comment

Working...
                              X