3 Mar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 Mar

mae all ..quick start to the day...hope we are all well ? its daft o clock here,pitch black ,windy and raining ..apart from that lovely ....Julie was really upset yesterday...she phoned me up in tears ..she had lost her mums bracelet ..18 carat rose gold ..I searched the house the garden everywhere she retraced her steps back to the supermarket ..while she was there someone handed it in to customer services !!restores faith in human nature to an extent .hope you are all ok ..off digging ...

I saw my son and his friends playing hide and seek today...
    ...I couldn't believe what I was seeing, so I shouted at them to get inside immediately and play xbox like normal kids

Exam' questions:

In which battle did Napoleon die?
    # his last battle.

Where was the Declaration of Independence signed?
    # at the bottom of the page.

River Ravi flows in which state?
    # liquid.

What is the main reason for divorce?
    # marriage.

What is the main reason for failure?
    # exams.

What can you never eat for breakfast?
    # Lunch & dinner.

What looks like half an apple?
    #The other half.

If you throw a red stone into the blue sea what it will become?
    #It will simply become wet.

How can a man go eight days without sleeping?
    #No problem, he sleeps at night.

How can you lift an elephant with one hand?
    #You will never find an elephant that has only one hand..

If you had three apples and four oranges in one hand and four apples and three oranges in other hand, what would you have?
    #Very large hands.

If it took eight men ten hours to build a wall, how long would it take four men to build it?
    #No time at all, the wall is already built.

How can u drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it?
    #Any way you want, concrete floors are very hard to crack.

Latest Advice from My Stockbroker

I asked my stockbroker what I should be buying.

He said, "If Trump remains in office much longer then canned goods a generator, water and ammunition are a good buy".

Now I Know Where Chickpeas Come from

A young lawyer attended a seminar on motivation and the benefit of several revenue streams. Inspired by the talk the young lawyer decided to try his hand at part-time poultry farming to earn some extra income. To start the poultry farm he bought his first lot of one hundred chickens.

A month later he returned to the dealer for another hundred chickens because all of the first lot had died.

Another month went by and the young lawyer returned again for another hundred chickens because the second lot had also died.

The chicken salesman was very alarmed at the new farmer's string of bad luck; besides if word got around town, others might think the quality of his chickens was poor and that would be disastrous for business. So he asked the part-time farmer, "So do you think you are having a string of bad luck or just what seems to be your problem"?

"I think I now have a sense of where I'm going wrong", said the young lawyer and now nearly a full-time farmer. "I think I might be planting my chickens just a little bit too deep".

A tired salesman pulls into a hotel around midnight.

Exhausted after a long day's trip he asks the clerk for a single room. As the clerk fills out the paperwork, the salesman notices a gorgeous woman sitting in the lobby. He tells the clerk to wait while he disappears into the lobby. After a minute he comes back, with the girl on his arm.

Lying to the hotel clerk, he says, "Fancy meeting my 'wife' here. I'll need a double room for the night".

The next morning, he comes to settle his bill and finds the amount to be over $3000.

"What's the meaning of this" he yells at the clerk? "I've only been here for one night"!

"Yes", says the clerk, "but your 'wife' has been here for three weeks"!
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 3 Mar

morning all,
    chickpeas, eh Mick? another rainy dreary day. Feels like it has been raining since last May.

been trying to complete a survey on 90 acres, plat by the 13th, but oh oh the wind and the rain. too wet to drive out in the fields now.

gearing up for St Patty's day, lots of muzak practices.....

all what's new in my world, and oh yeah, taxes!!!!
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, just a quick hello,was so sick yesterday after drinking a pea protein shake! Dunno if I can add peas/legumes to my list of alleegans or if there was something in it that just didn't agree with me,totally awful and I'm just gonna chill today, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Sunday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...good luck with detecting today. I'm so glad Julie got her mom's bracket back. I bet she was relieved. Although it's still -4F out there it isn't bitterly cold, no wind. Looks like are temps are going to turn around starting tomorrow. Here's hoping.

Sam...I'm still trying to figure out the chickpeas joke. Hope the fields dry up so you can get your plat done on time.

Pauly...oh that's rough. Good plan on just chilling out today.

Quick trip to the grocery store and now pulling a Pauly and chilling. Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good one....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hello all -

Mick, I hope it was a good day of detecting! PPQ, goes to hear about the meeting, and even more glad that the weather seems it's turning a rich warmer... yay! Lav, you'll definite,y have to stock up if those boys keep coming over! Are you ready for tonight's snow? Let's hope it isn't much. Pauly, I have real sensitivities to most of those shakes,.. it might not be the pea protein; could be one of the emulsifiers or other stuff - I also can't deal with the prebiotics that they put in - the only one I can use is Amazing Grass... suits me fine. So sorry you were sick - hope you are better. Sam, so much rain, uuugh, sorry. Hope it dries out eventually... I hear ya on the taxes.

Since it was nearly 40 today and sunny, I dug into (literally) some of the outside work... 3 hours of fast work in the snow, but I think I made good progress... it doesn't look so derelict now! But I am tired!!! Glad I got it in ahead of the snow and single digits that will be coming now for the next days...basement is almost picture perfect... but still have office boxes to relocate (so the closet can actually be seen as a closet... ah well.
          Hello to SK, Pie, and Det - hoping all is well...
          Take care all!

Comment

Thanks Cyn,it probably isn't the pea protein itself but yea something in it cuz I have had it happen with other types too,sad cuz it actually did taste good surprisingly

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Yes sireeee it's snowing like crazy out there & has been for at least 5 hours. Looks like this is going to be a big storm, swell.
              My doctor's office just called & canceled my 8:30 am appointment, fine with me

Mick, wow, so glad to hear Julie found the bracelet. There are still a few good people left in the world.
              So did you get out to find any good stuff today?

Sam, we're getting all snow, no rain. Guess it doesn't matter in the long run because it all turns into mud, right?
              Getting ready for the Irish craziness - better them than us!!!!

Pauly, I have had difficulties with protein shakes off & on. I used the pea protein for several years & suddenly it didn't agree with me. I switched over to Dr Myers animal protein shakes & they ended up being disagreeable too. I don't know what's up with all that? Did your food sensitivity test show anything?
              For now I'm sticking with a smear of my homemade almond butter on wholegrain toast

PQ, I swear it looks like Canada outside my house right now, haha!!!
              I hope you are having a nice evening.

Cyn, congrats to you getting all that outside work done, good job!
              Take a breather once in a while. You're making me fell like a real slouch, LOL

Hello to SK & Pie, hope you are both well.
              Hey Det, what's up with you?

Well, have a nice night everyone.
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick meant to say that's great Julie got the bracelet back! Jewelry is so sentimental to me regardless if its valuable or not,which I'm sure the bracelet was,Lav,ugh I never want to feel like that again,I only do the protein shakes for the amino acids and as a bridge between breakfast and lunch but it won't be that one again,food sensitivity didn't show anything along those lines,PQ,last night was chicken noodle soup in the crockpot,tonight is ravioli Sam,hope your weekend was good,waves to everyone,woke up late so scrambling a bit! Have a great BF Monday!

Comment

Happy unhung Monday ABeroooos!

slightly behind here and catching up.....

PPQ, some really challenging weather up there still I see. i think I'd be having super hot curries for breakfast.

Pauly, have you tried an all natural whey protein that is not sweetened with malitol or other sugar-alcohol sweeteners?
                  That is universally the best tolerated complete protein I'm aware of. i use one from Jarrow Formulations and while it's not
                  100% perfect ingredients-wise it's pretty darn good.

Mick, any treasures from the weekend?

my lunch with friend the other day went really well and while he considered ordering wine he decided not to while I was there
                  which was A OK by me.

Sat was a good combo of things for me... went to gym, then Refuge class, then a few of us went to a sports bar and watched the
                  UFC.

SK, you're seeing a speciality for the vertigo/ear connection?

Mick, that's a lovely reminder that altruism is still alive and well.

Lav, sounds like hunkering-down is the right call. I'll score an IP for sure
                  after i get moved into a place with space to put it.

weather here got nice and sunny again and will be this week too.

this is going to be a bit of a crazy month as i need to move out ASAP. everythings fine here but the house sold so I gotta
                  find a rental. Sure hope my insurance licensing gets approved very quickly for work... going to be rough to settle a rental
                  contract with no steady paycheck. ack!

off to help my uncle run a load to the dump. many more loads to follow I'm sure. isn't moving fun? weeeeeeeeee

be well loves
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE, Mick, thank goodness an honest person found it. I would have been broken hearted too, it sounds so precious.

Yes, Det I am seeing an ENT. You are spending your time wisely and having fun. Yay to that.

Cyn, that was a quick sale! You do have some support there and you have done this many times. Moving does suck.

Lav, I love the snow when it's pristine. Hate when it turns to brown slush. Will you get shovelled out? Pics of the chicks are so sweet.

Pauly, I was wondering what the allergies testing showed. Avoiding what's bad for will give you better days.

PPQ, glad you had a chill day.

Sam, you are dealing with two evils; mud and taxes. I would hate the combination. Hope the fiddling can distract you.

DDtook my car key which has me p.o'. I need to deliver my rent check and pick up a parcel, not to drive to Mexico!

See you later.
                    Last edited by SKendall; March 4, 2019, 11:37 AM.
                    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

a quick jump in folks its Julies birthday so Ive been runny around like a loony ..going out for tea ...hope you are all ok .found a cracking coin yesterday will put some pics up in the morning ..
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...No snow again today, thanks for taking that off our hands. We're slowly starting to warm up, actually made it up to 20F today.

Pauly...I could go for ravioli tonight but alas it's probably breakfast for me.

Det...it does sound like you're going to have a crazy month. So glad you're feeling so strong in your quit, I know you can handle it.

SK...I hope your ENT can get things sorted out for you.

Mick...nice that you actually found something after heading out in that weather. Happy Bday to Julie.

The day just flew by. Nice not having the boss around, he's not due in till Thursday, so I played cards this afternoon. Off to figure out my dinner and then relax. Have a good evening all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Our big snowstorm turned into a rainstorm sometime overnight so there was much less snow to deal with today, yay!
                          A young neighbor plowed our driveway because he's a nice guy
                          My morning doc appointment was switched to the afternoon so I was happy about that.

Mick, Happy Birthday to Julie, hope you had a nice dinner out.

Det, is there any chance of finding a temporary spot to park yourself for a bit? Once you are settled with work then you could go find a rental you like.
                          You will love finding geeky things to do with the IP ~ I can envision that now, haha!!

SK, when are you seeing the ENT? I hope it's soon so you can get back to driving yourself where you need to go.
                          The chicks are doing well, I'm sure they have doubled in size in just a week's time.

Hello to PQ, hope it's warming up a bit for you.

Hello Cyn, did you get any snow from this last storm?

Hello to Pie & Sam, hope you are both well.

Pauly, I have found that I have to keep switching foods if I want to avoid problems. Some days I just don't know what to eat because I feel good & don't want to mess myself up, ha ha! Sounds weird but it's the honest truth.

Have a nice night everyone!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mick, hope you have a stellar Bday tea with the Mrs. Can't wait to see the coin.

Lav, what nice neighbors! yes I'm sure I'll be doing strange things with the IP. like using it to get
                            stains out of socks. I'm sure it can do that....

yes, thought about moving the trailer to a park but I'm thinking I can swing this in one gymnastic leap.
                            we'll see soon anyhoo.

Food can be tricky indeed. When I can afford it I'm getting both my DNA and microbiome sequenced. So
                            much these tests can show us now including some very serious polymorphisms for foods that we wouldn't
                            suspect as problematic.

PPQ... you played cards at work? that rocks! LOL

well, had a lovely session at the gym and a lovely meditation at the Shaolin kung fu school (they do lots of neat things there).

I'm thinking an early zonk-out is in order.

gnight loves
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

mae all ...how are we today then? all good I hope.Well I feel like a stuffed pig this morning ,so Iwont be eating too much ,nice evening but you know that feeling after when you are bloated and full?Seems like strom Freya has now passed ...last night there was snow on the rabbit hutch..!!not a lot just enough to say theres snow ..
                              ok brewtime ..

hiya Det ,how are you today mate ? all good I hope ...Ive seen the shaolin kung fu twice..also went to the temple when I was in China..was going to say its a completely different way of life ...but that is exactly what it is if that makes sense..hope you get the trailer sorted out mate

hiya Lav how are you then?all good I hope .yes we are in between storms at the moment!! the rabbits arent so pleased they dont get out much in it

here is the coin I found on Sunday ..it is a King Charles the first threepenny piece ...it was minted in York between 1642 and 45 ...it is in pretty good condition ..

a.jpg

20190304_081730.jpg

I also found a medieval spindle whorl....at the risk of boring you silly I put this on to explain how it worked....

Spin Like a Viking - YouTube

heres the one I found probably about 8-900 yrs old .

20190305_062707.jpg

20190305_062712.jpg

ppqp...20 degreez ..whats going on here then? no boss full aft of cards ...not bad at all!an excellent result I would say..hope similar today!

hiya sk how are you doing .? have you any luck on the ent front yet? I hope so ..

hiya tee gee ...busy busy are we ? good luck on the sale

hiya pauly ..my boogie is def growing ..Ive got purple leaves on it and little buds !!hosw are you doing today then? ok I hope..

right everyone take it eazee...

The boss came in and said, “How’s it going?”

“I’ve got no complaints.” I replied

Now he’s told me he’s laying me off.

Apparently, that wasn’t the answer to give when you work in a complaints dept.

Bad news: My wife took the wrong medication today.

Good news: She's protected from heartworms & fleas for the next three months.

I went to one of those parties where you throw your car keys on the table and take pot luck over how your night will end.
                              I ended up driving home a 1979 Datsun Cherry.

A man goes to see a fortune teller. She said, “My dear, I see lots of money coming to you.”

“When?!" asked the man excitedly.

“Very soon!” replied the fortune teller. “Very soon!”

The man left the fortune teller with a spring in his step ...

... and got knocked down by a cash-in-transit van.

I was delivering a pallet of knives to this factory. Warehouse lad says to me he'll go and get the forklift.
                              I thought to myself. Shouldn't that be the knifelift?

Comment

Working...
                              X