10 March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 March

mae all....howare we today then? all good I hope ...well a turn up for the books...look at this its happening now...

20190310_104145.jpg

20190310_104033.jpg

its less than2 weeks ago and we were in glorious sunshine!!..its going to turn to rain soon..

Jeeves is dossing in the garage ...meanwhile .......

20190310_101239.jpg

still snottering and snivelling around but feeling a bit better.

and good morning to you Lav ....I note your post!!! I think it's a side effect of being female. We take care of everything & everyone else so we may as well include ourselves .....hmm..as we speak Julie is in bed with a mug of coffee ,and a tomato and cheese omelette for breakfast ....Rabbits have had theirs ,dishes washed, carpets vacuumed floors swept..bins emptied ,washing machine on ,rabbit hutch cleaned out .........just sayin.....:welldone: hope you enjoy the play today..despite the hour less sleep for yall..have a great day ..

hiya sk ...how are you feeling today? any better ? hope so ..Yes years sago they used mustard plasters ,for all kind of aches pains coughs..probably kinda like the travelling Doctor Locum panacea ..one cure for all..

hiyatree ...best of luck for today ..you are right about the pics ..people being people are really nosey ,and would take more interst in your pics than concentrate on the hoose ..it also gives a chance for dialogue not house orientated ..thats a nice pic ..yes thats us in la la land Really ? we were there too..where did you stay ..blah blah ..less concentration on the job in hand..hope it goes well for you

hiya pauly hows you then today?good I hope ..so Kell got a black car?she should have got one like this .....that would have been interesting!!you have a good day

1024px-Las_Vegas_Metropolitan_Police_Ford_Explorer.jpg

hiya Sam the man ...you doing ok mate? hope so ...

hiya pie ...hows thehounds of the baskervilles? keeping you busy?

right peeps ..takeit easy and have a good day.

"Lost Mary Queen of Scots papers found in storeroom"

Police Scotland say she can have them back if she presents herself at the Museum of Edinburgh with two proofs of personal identification and a recent utility bill as proof of address.

Where does a Jamaican detective work in London?

Scotland Yardie.

World malaria awareness day is on 25th April, I've taken up running to do a big charity event on the day. I didn't think I'd enjoy running ,but I've got the bug.

A sexy woman went up to the bar in a quiet rural pub...She gestured alluringly to the bartender who approached her immediately. Seductively signalled that he should bring his face closer to hers.

As he did, she gently caressed his full beard. "Are you the manager?"

She asked, softly stroking his face with both hands. "Actually, no," he replied.

"Can you get him for me? I need to speak to him?

" She said, running her hands beyond his beard and into his hair.

"I'm afraid I can't," breathed the bartender. Is there anything I can do?"

"Yes. I need for you to give him a message," she continued, running her forefinger across the bartender's lips and slyly popping a couple of her fingers into his mouth and allowing him to suck them gently.

"What should I tell him?" the bartender managed to say.

"Tell him," she whispered, " there's no toilet paper, hand soap, or paper towels in the ladies room

Two blonde guys were working for the city works department. One would dig a hole and the other would follow behind him and fill the hole.

They worked up one side of the street, then down the other, then moved on to the next street, working furiously all day without rest, one guy digging a hole, the other guy filling it in again.

An onlooker was amazed at their hard work, but couldn't understand what they were doing. So he asked the hole digger, "I'm impressed by the effort you two are putting into your work, but I don't get it why do you dig a hole, only to have your partner follow behind and fill it up again?"

The hole digger wiped his brow and sighed, "Well, I suppose it probably looks odd because we're normally a three-man team. But today the guy who plants the trees called in sick."

A woman has a problem with her closet door, it was falling every time a bus was passing by.

So she called a repair man.

The repairman comes and sees that indeed, the door falls out every time when a bus passes by.

"OK, I am gonna see what is going on, just close the door behind me" and he steps into the closet.

At that time the husband comes from work, opens the closet and finds the repairman.

Husband: "What the hell are you doing here!"

Repairman: "Well, you are not going to believe it, but I am waiting for a bus!"

Way back in the time of the samurai, there was a powerful emperor. This emperor needed a new head samurai. So he sent out a message to everybody he knew for them to send a message to who they knew, and so forth.

A year passes, and only three people show up: a Japanese samurai, a Chinese samurai, and a Jewish samurai. The emperor asks the Japanese samurai to come in and demonstrate why he should be head samurai.

The Japanese samurai opens up a matchbox, and out pops a little fly. WHOOOOOOSH. The fly drops dead on the ground in 2 pieces! The emperor says, "That is very impressive!"
    Then the emperor asks the Chinese samurai to come in and demonstrate why he should be head samurai. The Chinese samurai opens up a matchbox and out pops a little fly. WHOOOOOSH. WHOOOOOOSH. The fly drops dead on the ground in 4 peices! The emperor says, "That is really impressive!"

Then the emperor asks the Jewish samurai to come in and demonstrate why he should be head samurai. The Jewish samurai thinks, "If it works for the other two...." So the Jewish samurai walks in, opens a matchbox, and out pops a little fly. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSHHH. A gust of wind filss the room, but the fly is still buzzing around.

The emperor says in disappointment, "Why is the fly not dead?"

And the Jewish samurai replies - "Look closer, that fly has been circumcised!"
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 10 March

MAE ALL....

Mick...head up, Sri Lanka is in sight. Glad you're feeling a bit better.

Wishing all a Super Sober Sunday....:smile:PPQP

Comment

morning all
      incredibly soggy here, but today is pose to warm up, then maybe we'll have snow like you, Mick, later in the week?? March is a funny month to be sure. Running out of firewood, hay, and time to finish taxes!!

washing machine won't spin any more, watch a video on how to repair it, might give it a go before running out and buying a new one. The era of the repair shop is gone with big box stores taking over. Now all the machines seem to be computerized, ours is 30 years old. Can't wait to see the mess I'll create in our small domicile.

PQ, plat finished! Lav, baby chicks not babies any more? hens been laying away. lots of hawks been circling around. we have a raccoon that visits our bird feeder but so far has not ventures to the hen yard. have an electric strand at top and bottom around the yard. Pauly, looks like a good car to buy re Mick's post! Flip the lights if you're late.

well, off to a second cup, waves to Pi, SK, TG, DET and anyone and everyone
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick and Sam they actually do sell those old cop cars at auction hubs says they're a good buy cuz even tho the miles are high,they were serviced regularly,Kellz car is a black,Hyundai something, hey I'm making progress PQ,gonna make hubs smoke chicken breasts for dinner,Kellz throwing a belated birthday party for Lou but they're serving pizza and hubs don't do pizza so we'll eat first,time change is killing me,hubs is all up ready to go,I'm still in pj's grrrr,had an awful,awful dream very graphic and detailed,still trying to get it outta my head,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Sunday for us all!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Mae all - same old here, love to all - will be back to normal soon,I hope!!!

Comment

Greetins Abbers,

Had a fun time at the play, our granddaughter is getting braver with each production. She loves being on stage, haha!!
            We had a nice dinner together afterwards, always fun

Mick, snow, yuck! I am officially done with that nonsense - at least I hope it's done for the season.
            We drove home in a fairly dense fog. It's hard enough to see at night on these back roads but with the fog you can't see deer or someone's escaped cow. So many of those poor things get hit at night around here.
            Room service doesn't work in my house, it's fend for yourself around here, LOL

Hey PQ, I know you have another day off, enjoy

Sam, my hens are giving me 7-8 eggs/day right now. Not sure what the other 4 or 5 are doing, haha!! The chicks are growing fast just like they always do. The farmers have been having a hard time all winter getting straw & hay for their animals. Last year was so wet, the hayfields did not do so well.
            I think your 30 year old washer deserves a decent burial, haha!!!

Pauly, sometimes dreams are very disturbing & just don't make sense. Don't waste your time & mood worrying about them.
            I hope Lou's party was fun

Cyn, thinking about you & hope you are taking some deep breaths hourly - very helpful!

SK, how are you today?

Pie & Det, hello to both of you.

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

heya ABerooos!

oh my, so busy and need to get caught up here.

Mick, thanks much and it doesn't look like you'll be detecting much in that weather.

SK, glad yer on the mend dear.

Lav, sweet about your granddaughter. Sounds like she'll be over her stage fright in no time.
              I never did!

well, I'm in the process of moving my crap into a condo not far from here. Pauly will know but I'm
              on Bonanza WAY out east. Got some utilities on and still have to schedule internet hook up.
              Amid the craziness I managed to go on a coffee date with a nice woman yesterday had a lovely time.
              Otherwise, in training at new job, hitting the gym and Refuge several times per week. All seems to be
              steaming along as it should.

Treegirl, sounds like you have loads of household things going on also.

Pauly, ditto Lav on the dreams. it's just your subconscious sorting things out. sometimes eating something
              that doesn't agree with me will give me insane dreams or nightmares. no fun I know.

so tired and i hope I sleep well. been tossing and turning a lot with all that's going on. Oh, got a couple weird
              pics... will post shortly.

gnight loves
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

morning all,
                well my career as a washing machine repairman was short lived./ couldn't get the pump off the motor shaft, rusted on there, so I could get to the part I needed to replace, a $12.00 part!! but it looked like I was going have to replace the pump as well and who knows what else by the time I destroyed other parts tearing it off.. it looked soooooooo easy in the video. actually it was easy till that happened.

I sure hope it drys out soon, got just a few days of hay left and my supplier hasn't been able to get into his field to get my order. farm drama......

be well good friends..
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,Sam,sounds like a pain! Hubs used to be able to fix our old washers but these new ones-forget it!Det,so yer still in Sunrise like me? I like it over here regardless of what people say,sure as hell wouldn't want to live in Summerlin or something where I'd be forced to take the freeway everyday! Lou's party was fun,luckily kids he invited showed up,some people were drinkin beers but nothing crazy,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Monday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

mornin all ..how are we today then?hopefully all well ...weather has changed again ...its blowy ,raining ,and the peskies are in the house whilst me the great is still snottering around the place its certainly banjoed me...but there again we all know that man flu is a crippler...

anyway a brew...

hiya det how are you doing then mate?...sounds like you are pretty busy moving etc..Bonanza..jeezyou aint moving to the wild west are you...the Ponderosa yeehah take care mate

Specsavers sheepdog advert - YouTube

Sub - Should've gone to Specsavers (Das Boot) - YouTube

Specsavers Vet - YouTube

hiya Lav ..your remark about not seeing the deer or cow made me think of these adverts !!!hows you then? no snow here today either!! so some of your hens are laying quite a few think the rest are having a yolk ..have a great day...

Sam sam not the washing machine man..hope it all works out mate ...I know that feeling well ..seen the vid .........easy peasy...and then the wheel falls off..the 12 buck cheap bit ...become pretty expensive .

hey pauly ..howzyoo then? hope all is good in your world today.hows the kellcar doing?

hiya ppqp ...howare you doing?hope all is well with you.......

right thats it from snottery me...

A man has been found dead at the peak of a mountain in the Glencoe area of Scotland.

Police say that there's no truth in the rumour that it was his round next.

Two confirmed bachelors sat talking. Their conversation drifted from politics to cooking.
                    "I got a cookbook once," said the first, "But I could never do anything with it."
                    "Too much fancy cooking in it, eh?" asked the second.
                    "You said it," he replied, "Every one of the recipes began the same way - Take a clean dish and........."

Paddy’s in a rocket with Murphy.

Murphy said, “D'you know Paddy, if we kept going in this rocket we’d go to infinity.”

Paddy said, “Infinity? Where in Ireland is that?”
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...one more day to go. Good luck tomorrow.

Lav...I did enjoy my day off. Got close to 50F with lots of sunshine. Managed to even get my hair cut today.

Det...so glad to hear you've found a place. Sounds like you're doing ok and wow you even managed a coffee date amid all that chaos. Good job.

Sam...hope you didn't quit your day job. Here's hoping it dries up soon for you. Are you calving?

Pauly...I'm glad Lou's party was a success and that everyone showed up. Doing KFC for supper tonight, figure I'm still on my day off. LOL

Mick...was wondering why the youtube vids. LOL I hope you took it easy today and looked after that man flu! I really needed a time out from adulting, so glad I booked today off.

SK, Pie...hope all is well in your worlds.

Wishing all a good evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Had a mostly sunny, 50 some degree day, nice. Long range forecast doesn't show any more freezing weather so I'm happy

Mick, you definitely have more interesting ads than we do here, haha!!
                        I read something about the storm moving your way today, hang in there & be sure to hold onto your hat!!!

Sam, I hate throwing away big appliances, honestly. They almost give us no choice these days. I did have a guy here a few times to work on my Jenn Air range & my old Kenmore fridge, he did OK. I hope you get your hay soon, it's tough right now.

Det, you found a condo, great! I'm happy for you & everything does seem to be falling right into place, yay!!!

PQ, 50 degree weather is perfect for me, not too cold & not too hot
                        I'm enjoying the later sunset too. Glad you made the most of your day off!

Pauly, what's up with you today?

Cyn, take a breather now that your house is ready to show. I'm sure you will have an interested buyer very soon.

SK, Pie hello to you both!

Have a decent night everyone!

Lav
                        Last edited by Lavande; March 11, 2019, 06:29 PM.
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hiya all ...well I feel absolutely rubbish..sneezing and snottering everywhere.went to bed early last night and feeling a wee bit better..so hopefully couple of days and it willbe gone .We are in another storm at the moment..storm Greg or Gregor or something ..rabbits arent too impressed no matter what its name is!!
                          Off to make another hot lemon!

Tell the Punchline first.

How do you ruin a joke?

The budding actor's agent finally gets him a part. It is only one line, 'Hark I hear a cannon!', but it's the part that could launch his career.

He practices the line over and over again for days before the performance. He can't mess this up - his career could depend on this. He tells his parents and all his friends he has a part in a brand new production and gets them all to come to the opening night.

Finally the day arrives. He arrives at the theater and the security guard at the actors' entrance asks who he is. He boasts proudly "I'm the guy who says 'Hark I hear a cannon!'". To everyone who asks, he grins and says "I'm the guy who says 'Hark, I head a cannon!'" - the makeup crew, the electricians, the set designers, the costume designers, everyone - "I'm the guy who says 'Hark I hear a cannon!'".

The call comes to him to go stage-side and wait for his cue. He stands there repeating his one line over and over again, 'Hark, I hear a cannon!'.

Eventually he gets his cue to go on stage.

Suddenly he hears a loud BANG.

"What the fck was that?!"

This married couple was on holiday in India. They were touring around the market place looking at the goods and such, when they passed this small sandal shop. From inside they heard a gentleman with an Indian accent say, "You foreigners! Come in. Come into my humble shop."

So the married couple walked in. The Indian man said to them "I have some special sandals I tink you would be interested in. Dey make you wild at sex like great desert camel."

Well, the wife was really interested in buying the sandals after what the man claimed, but her husband felt he really didn't need them, being the sex god he was.

The husband asked the man, "How could sandals make you into a sex freak?"

The Indian man replied, "Just try dem on, Saiheeb."

Well, the husband, after some badgering from his wife, finally gave in, and tried them on. As soon as he slipped them onto his feet, he got this wild look in his eyes, something his wife hadn't seen in many years!!

In the blink of an eye, the husband grabbed the Indian man, bent him violently over a table, yanked down his pants, ripped down his own pants, and grabbed a firm hold of the Indian's thighs.

The Indian then began screaming, "YOU HAVE DEM ON DE WRONG FEET!!!

Two Martians land in the middle of the night in a closed gas station.

They get out of their space ship. The Martians go up to a gas pump. One says to the other," I think these are Earth people." "Take me to your leader!" says the first Martian.

No response.

The second Martian whispers to his partner. "I don't think we should screw with this one."

The first Martian says "Don't worry. Take me to your leader or we are going to blow you to kingdom come!!!"

No response.

With that, the first Martian takes out his laser gun and zaps the gas pump. It blows up and so does the gas station and the Martians are thrown into the air and land in a tree.

The second Martian says to the other, "I TOLD YOU, WE SHOULDN'T FCK WITH A GUY WHO COULD WRAP HIS D.CK AROUND HIS NECK AND STICK IT IN HIS EAR!

Comment

morning all
                            Mick, sorry to hear you're under the weather in several aspects. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Wow several days of dry, going to get a little wood cut today amongst other things. and of course taxes!

not much shakin here, on first cup
                            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody Mick sorry you're sick,feel better hi Sam,not much shakin here either,piece of crap sleep so I'll just wish everyone a great BF Tuesday!

Comment

Working...
                              X