Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24th March

MAE ALL....

Kicking off this week's thread. Brews all around. Will be back in a bit.....:smile:PPQP

Re: 24th March

Mae everybody,PQ,thanks for the kickoff still waking up here so big waves to all and wishes for a happy BF Sunday!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Oy oy ABerooos!

PPQ, thanks for the bootup.

Mick, what a gorgeous place you found! looking forward to more pics.

feeling ok after moving furniture yesterday and getting my coffee inputted in prep to go do some more.

Refuge meet/meditate last night was just me and the facilitator which was fun. got into some deep/insightful convo.

going to make some red quinoa which should go nicely with leftover curry from the IP.

Sam, what you been up to? fiddling much?

be well loves
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Mick, what a shame the place is so shabby looking, LOL Ha ha!!!!
        Have a wonderful time

PQ, hello to you & hope your day was good!

Pauly, same to you

Det, I made 'roasted' baby tomatoes in the IP today - go figure!
        Sounds like you are doing OK & that's great!

I got my chicks moved out to the chicken house today, they seem happy in their new place. I won't mix them in with the older hens until they can defend themselves. Better safe than sorry.
        Nice day today, it went up to 63.

Hello to Sam, Pie, Cyn & SK - please check in SK, we are beginning to worry!

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all -

Just another wild weekend... 6 inches of snow on Saturday, big tree limb came off one of the red oak trees onto the front lawn (our hi-wind damage, Lav - but it could have been worse!). warmer yesterday, so snow is melting Hubs took a train from NYC which stopped short of it's destination, so I picked him up and we drove another hour to a performance being given by a friend - (an 82-years-young friend who was just spectacular). That took up most of the day - thank goodness for the IP and. 20- minute chicken paprikash. Then more taxes to 11 pm. Must complete and send them in today... what a pain in the neck, literally!

Mick, I know it will be hard, but please just TRY to have a good time!!

Lav, hoping the chicks are doing well.

Pauly, you are sweet - sorry I don't write much theses days - hoping for more calm soon.

Det, lucky them to have your strength at their service.

SK - where are you??? Take care

PPQ - wow, fabulous news on being 'heard.'

Pi and Sam, hoping all is well.

Off to the races; wishing all a great week to come --

Comment

Hiya all..hope you are well ..we are in a place called Mandy... went to the fish market this morning and the botanical gardens this afternoon..it was a lot better than it sounds

20190325_082309.jpg
            20190325_174821.jpg20190325_162742.jpg
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick the pics were awesome thank you should call this the IP thread haha, everyone has one but me,maybe one of these days tho,be back later after the hellhole,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Monday!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Popping in to wish everyone a Marvelous Monday. Will check in after work....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Evening all
                  been a good day, not sure what I got accomplished? Mick, great pics, where are you now?
                  Pauly, missed something, what IP's? Stocks? Like I said, missed something.
                  TG, finally finished my taxes the other to take to accountant. Afraid to see what the final result will be.
                  Det, played at a wake this weekend, been going to too many of these things.
                  Lav, chicks must be happy! Glad to see these temps go up a bit
                  PQ, hope you had a good day at work.

Hope everyone is doing okey dokey
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL...

Det...I think it's kinda nice when it ends up just being you and the moderator. You can get into some in depth conversations, it's like your own private therapy session. Hope the muscle aren't aching too much today.

Lav...roasted baby tomatoes, and the egg dish you showed us earlier, you're really getting me interested. I wonder how baby back ribs would do in it? Glad you're getting some warmer weather and was able to move the chicks. They must be getting big. Heard on the new tonight that Correl has changed how they manufacture pyrex and they're starting to blow up in the ovens.

Mick...so did you have fish for breakfast? The pictures of the scooters you sent me, do you hire them out or can you drive them yourself. I googled Mandy and all I got was pictures of a girl!

Pauly...I don't have an IP either but Lav's menus are starting to change my mind. Hope work was ok today.

Sam...IP stand for Instant Pot. It's a pressure cooker that can also be used as a slow cooker. Lav has been coming up with very interesting ideas. I haven't even looked at my taxes! At least I don't have to file business taxes anymore.

Bit of a down day today. Get shit on if I answer program questions and get shit on if I don't. I just can't seem to win. Oh well, tomorrow's a new day. Have a restful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Looking forward to waking up tomorrow morning on my 10 year AF anniversary :yay:
                      I'm so happy to have met all of you along the way, really.

Sam, IP = Instant Pot, the new fabulous way of cooking everything & anything
                      Mick is sunning his scalp in Sri Lanka this week, lucky dog.
                      The chicks are happy & seem to be enjoying their new, spacious condo outside, haha!

Pauly, hope your day wasn't too bad.

Cyn, wow, you had that much snow? Glad that limb didn't land on your house, scary.
                      I hope you can schedule in a breather for you now
                      The IP is a lifesaver, for real. I bought one for my daughter for Christmas & she's loving it too.

Mick, thanks for all the pics. They're almost as good as being there in person. I hope you're taking care of your head in all that sunshine

PQ, busy day today?

Hellos going out to Pie, Det & SK. We haven't seen SK here, I haven't even seen her on FB. Hope she's OK.

Have a nice night everyone!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi All
                        CONGRATS LAV. !!!!!! on a milestone that I am sure you never thought possible.

Always good to see the successful results of members that have broken away from the destruction of alcohol addiction
                        Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                        AF 5-16-08

Comment

late greetings ABeroooos!

Mega Kudos Lavande!!!! what a wonderful thing to witness xoxoxoxo

oh my, big day. last day of training and I'm running solo tomorrow to hopefully write my first contract. will be exciting.
                          I also somehow ended up with an afternoon coffee date with a lady that's a fitness instructor here.

PPQ, sorry to hear the day was rough. tomorrow is reset time.

Mick, lovely fish and flowers, so nice and exotic. loving it.

Tree, wowsers! glad yer good and well.

Pauly, comon... all the cool kids are doing IP ;P really though a crockpot will do tons of great affordable meals as I'm sure
                          you already do.

ribs in the IP? heck yeah! brown them first, or make them tender and then brown them? hmmmm. I think either way might work.
                          we must experiment.

Sam, good to see you amigo. hopefully you'll have more cheery music venues on the horizon i hope.

so late! must wind down...

be well loves and zzzzzzzzzz
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Caysea, great to see you amigo! What you been up to?
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Happy tenth lav!!!!!!
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                              X