• Show
Clear All

April Army Thread 2019

No fooling us ehh????

a feeble attempt at an April Fool joke
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Re: April Army Thread 2019

Morning Jax and all to come. Happy April! Spring is my favourite time of year. All seems to be renewed and the weather is perfect for being outside. Somehow managed to lose my voice over the weekend. Really weird as no sore throat and not feeling ill at all but voice has just gone. Ah well, no phones for me today :haha:

Comment

Ha ha JC, thanks for the start up of the new month, may it be a good one. Rushing for work, catch up later.

Comment

Evening All,
        Funny, Starty. Whenever I lost my voice like that I was really angry or stressed about something. Hopefully not for you.
        Today was tres usual... the days that I find most challenging because they are just another day.
        Oh well, should be grateful for them.
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Happy April troops.

Now go figure - off on me hollibags and I goes and comes down with a sore throat/cold thingumy. :haha:

It's...... manflu time again!

Comment

Originally posted by RunningCourage View Post

It's...... manflu time again!
            :egad::egad::egad:
            It' something to do with relaxing, letting down your guard, defences are low & all the germs getting in (or something)
            Last edited by satz123; April 1, 2019, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Good morning all. Sorry about the sore throats folks, Dr Satz has diagnosed well there. What a change here this week, forecasting frost and even snow in places!! No thanks, well ready for Spring at this stage and last week was so so nice.

Awake at silly o’clock and lying here trying to make out if it is raining or not. If it is no walk, my furry friends won’t come with me. Half thinking of putting the waterproofs on and going myself. Anyway get well Starty and RC, waves to everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                No fooling us ehh????

a feeble attempt at an April Fool joke.
                Good morning Army and Happy April!!

Jackie - I loved your joke - very cute bunny - I have a skirt in the same pattern!!

Good to see the regulars still in the barracks and great to see you back [MENTION=21798]Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB)[/MENTION]. Hopefully Spring will find you back on the AF track and enjoying the benefits of life without AL. You already know what it's like and you know how to do it - I guess you just need some incentive.

[MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION] - huge congrats on over 200 days sober. Don't you just love seeing that number get bigger!!

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] - hope your voice is back. A neighbour lost hers for 10 days simply because she was run down. Came back when she got stronger.

[MENTION=18049]RunningCourage[/MENTION] - hope you're feeling better soon. This past winter and now into Spring has been one of the worst ever for illnesses and viruses. Hopefully sunshine and warmer weather will put an end to them.

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] - I expect you will be doing even more hiking now that the weather is improving. Wish I had more time to get outside myself but life is more than hectic at this point.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] - still coping with kids and job but still running, I assume. We can do so much more when not tied to a bottle!!

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] - I know what you mean about Rosie and how she has changed your lives. I still miss my Freddie even after 4 years. I think Rosie came to you just at the right time!

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] - I guess you will be moving into fall and cooler temps. I must admit I don't know much about the weather in your corner of the world. Do you get really cold winters or are the temps more moderate? We get as low as 0 to -2C but usually are around 5 to 8C during the coldest part of winter. Had a horrible winter this year with more rain than I can ever remember and high winds. We are really looking forward to Spring this year!

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - thank you for the PM! I know I should try and check in more often but my time is so limited. Right now I am stealing a few minutes from my bookkeeping chores to log in here. The phones will start to ring in a few minutes and e-mails will need to be answered, products ordered and customers' orders readied. Then after working almost 12 hours, I head off to see young master Alvertos for a bit, then home to cook something, tidy up the house, talk to my special friend, Skype with my sister or Mom and head to bed by 9:30. The last couple of months have been even more hectic as younger son applied for and got exclusive custody of Alvertos which means he has his boy 24-7. Alvertos in now 2 years and 4 months old and is a good boy but a handful nevertheless. Last week he was sick and couldn't go to daycare so Mr. Stirly and I took care of him for 3 days. That meant after 4 hours at younger son's place, I came back to the store and had to catch up on what I couldn't do while I was out of the office. Then babysat Alvertos Saturday night to Sunday afternoon so his dad could have a break. I need a break as well. I seriously need a few days off but it's not going to happen and work will get even busier in the next month or so til at least the end of July. Fun and games!! Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining - I'm sober and work is going well but younger son's soon to be ex has been causing unending problems that sap our strength and leave us wondering what will come next. However, we have our darling little boy and he is being taken care of properly and that is what we are concentrating on right now.

I must be off to tend to business. Wishing you all a good day, a productive week and a very happy Spring/Fall.:flowersglow::flowerspop::flowerspin:

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Morning,
                  I've got woman flu but it'll not stop be seeing Joseph tonight.
                  The S&H played the Pharoah in the school version when he was 14.........and being a proud mammy.......he was better than this.
                  Song of the King (Seven Fat Cows) Joseph Technicolor Pharaoh - YouTube

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION].......good to see you, sweetheart. You need to clean your in-box out.

[MENTION=18049]RunningCourage[/MENTION].......its true what Satz says. England and Wales don't break up until next week.

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]........yep more snow and ice on its way. Luckily I haven't put my Granny boots away yet.

Waves to all must go and look tragic with a box of tissues on the settee.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi, Army! I always like your movie and TV recommendations. I stumbled upon a really good one that you might enjoy if you haven't already seen it: Occupied
                    In the near future, Norway is occupied by Russia on behalf of the European Union, due to the fact that the newly elected environmental friendly Norwegian government has stopped the all important oil- and gas-production in the North Sea.
                    I am really enjoying it (and of course, binging on it because I never am able to do pleasurable things half-way...) with the only downside being that I have to use the closed captioning (much is in Norwegian and Russian) so I can't knit while watching. It is on Netflix here.

Comment

Is the Army out on a mission :egad:???

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                        Is the Army out on a mission :egad:???
                        Been out to see Joseph & his Dream Coat at the local theatre...........fabulous from beginning to end. Must be the umpteenth time we've seen it but it never tires.

You'll have to give Baptiste a try..........some of English, some French, some Dutch and this series a fair bit of Romanian. Trying to cross-stitch at the same time is a blooming nightmare. Got a cricked neck looking up and down at the subtitles.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening,
                          We all went to bed extremely early last night, so missed my checkin.
                          Great to see you [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION], holding it all together as usual! Close that store for 1 day and take yourself off somewhere with a DO NOT DISTURB sign :hug: Glad things are working out for your son.

I have never seen Joseph & his dream coat [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], I would really love to!!
                          Thanks [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION], Occupied is on my list now. Finished Line of duty, brill. Just started The Syndicate..
                          Confirmation week, we have one on thursday, sister's on saturday, then the communions next month! I think I'll be taking with winter coat out for it, its freezing. Hope you opted for the early walk [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]!

There there there [MENTION=18049]RunningCourage[/MENTION]
                          grapes-500x500.jpg
                          Last edited by IamMary; April 2, 2019, 05:00 PM.
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION] thanks for stopping by the army barracks - which sounds like a sick bay now with 2 good troopers down with gender related flu :egad:
                            My excuse for not being here is I've been working all the hours God sends to cover for 'ol bitch face' who left & training her replacement.

Mental is not the word ........ the new lady is like a rabbit caught in headlights.
                            Last edited by satz123; April 3, 2019, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Good morning everyone and welcome Stirly and No Sugar. Always appreciate the recommendations for Netflix. Hope the patients are feeling better today. Delighted your son has custody and hope it all works out Stirly. It’s never ending with kids, one minute they are like Marys, communion/confirmations, next you think they are gone and before you know it they are back again! How are you feeling about all the celebrations Mary? Or is it a non issue now.

Glad you had nice night out JC, like Mary have never seen it, must put on my list. No work today but have to bring car to garage for service and have SIL and BIL here so will be kept busy.

Comment

Working...
                              X