14th April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14th April

mae all..from a cold frosty morning how are we doing? good I hope ....just on the way out detecting...so have a good day everyone ...hey ppqp and pauly ..re the me in the door pic thanks for kinda skirtin round the issue ....but Lav ...ha norra chance..a straight have this between the ribs job..no pussyfootin with your comments ..have a window like that an you aint gonna get robbed job ...ha ha

take it eazee all..

Me come to England not coz me hear the streets is paved wit gold .
    No me come coz me hear the roads is full of pot holes, me come to dig it up and smoke it.

My wife was thrilled when I bought her a vintage American chair for her birthday.
    "Now, just you sit there darling," I said, "and I'll do up the wrist and leg straps and plug it in."

I've been helping Art Garfunkel extend his kitchen, and was putting the concrete down for the floor but there was loads of air pockets in it so it was all uneven.
    I ended up putting some white goods over the top to hide it.

Now he's got a fridge over bubbled mortar.

Kim Jung-un executes two fortune tellers in front of tens of thousands in North Korea.

Clearly they weren't very good fortune tellers. Kim Jung-un probably proved a point

My wife played the cello in the orchestra, and was also an excellent conductor.

We found the second part out when she got struck by lightning !

On payday each Friday I like to take £100 out of my bank account and see how many days I can last on it. My record is 4 so far......................hours
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 14th April

Mae all -

Mick, I hope your detecting is going well today, stay warm!

Lav, eee-ooo is right! We had lots of lizards when we lived in the desert - the dog would occasionally bring one in! We had huge thunderstorms here night before last... it went on for hours. But the grass is now greening!

PPQ, hope your Sunday is good. I did some sausage and mushrooms in the IP... you and Mick inspired me...

Pauly, how was your day at the shop? I hope you two had a good time. I like Lav's idea of opening your own shop!

Det, hope you had a good time on the date, whatever you decided to do. Glad to hear the job is going well!

Shout out to SK, Pi and Sam!

Chugging away here - more mulch to spread, cleaning the raised beds, windows and screens, battling the emerging garlic mustard... I have a full plate of clients these upcoming weeks, so must finish what I can...

Cheers all -

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick hope you find something worthwhile Lav and Cyn I DON'T like the idea of opening a shop! No way...it's not as easy as everyone thinks it is.Det what'd you decide? Lav, sorry the turnout was small,there were alot of Easter activities here yesterday too,think that's why it was kinda slow at work,seems like Easter is late this year? PQ,I'm just gonna toss a roast in the crock pot,easy.much love to all and wishes for a great BF Sunday!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning everyone.
        Just want to say thanks for helping me back when I started getting sober 5 years ago.
        Mick, Pauly, PQ, Lav, Det, Tree, and everyone else that was around back then.

THANK YOU!!

Have a great sober day :happy2:
        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by narilly View Post
          Morning everyone.
          Just want to say thanks for helping me back when I started getting sober 5 years ago.
          Mick, Pauly, PQ, Lav, Det, Tree, and everyone else that was around back then.

THANK YOU!!

Have a great sober day :happy2:
          Narilly...to hear someone say thanks for the help makes it all worthwhile.that is what it is all about ..You are the one who stopped you are the one who went through it all..folk like us just related out experiences and how we coped.
          Congratulations on your five years without alcohol..You got your life back the control ,the direction ,and your self esteem.

thank you for taking the time to post today may you own your life for life
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for starting the new thread before heading out. Did you have any luck? You're right you gotta love Lav's honesty. LOL That's why we're so lucky to have her on the thread.

TG...Sunday going good here, not nearly as busy as yours. Remember you're wrapping up the prep work today.

Pauly...I hear you about not opening your own shop. I know some hairdressers that have enough clients that they just go to their homes to cut their hair. No shop required. Got a pot of home made chicken noodle soup on the stove which I'll be eating off and on all day today. Starting a clear liquid diet tomorrow in preparation for my colonoscopy on Tuesday.

Narly...great to see your post. I often think of you and wonder how you're doing. Now I know. Congrats on 5 years, I hope you feel proud of yourself because I know I do.

More putzzing to be had today. Hope everyone's having a great day....:smile:PPQP

Comment

That's another idea I don't like PQ,I don't like cutting hair at home as it is yet alone someone else's home haha,plus in NV if you get caught state board will pull your hair license,that would be bad

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                That's another idea I don't like PQ,I don't like cutting hair at home as it is yet alone someone else's home haha,plus in NV if you get caught state board will pull your hair license,that would be bad
                Oh...I had no idea.

Comment

I'm sure lots of people do it on the down low PQ and don't get caught,in other states they're allowed mobile haircutting buses or tricked out RV's which would be pretty cool but this state is weird and strict,went over to Kells and think Lou's getting sick poor kid,just laying there all miserable and grumpy

Comment

Howdy folks,

Getting ready for big overnight storms. There's a tornado watch for our neighboring county
                    This storm system wreaked real havoc out west. I don't mind April showers for May flowers but something destructive like a tornado is another story.

Mick, hope you had a good detecting day.
                    You know how I am ~ I shoot from the hip, take no hostages, haha!! I hope you know I was just kidding with you

Cyn, you're still so busy, I hope you are taking a few minutes for yourself here & there.
                    I saw a recipe for Salisbury steak for the IP. I made it using ground turkey instead of beef & it was good. Lots of mushrooms, garlic & onions in that dish, very tasty.

Pauly, if you only knew how I looked for someone to come to my house to do my mom's hair back in the mid 80's. I have no hair cutting skills & she wasn't very mobile at that point. There is a serious need for people to do things like that. I know there's a licensing issue but the need is real. A little something like a fresh hair cut, a home perm does wonders for homebound folks. I did the best I could for her but it just didn't feel right.

PQ, hope you had a great putzing day

Narilly, good to see you here, stick around why don't you??

Hello to Det, Sam, Pie & SK. Check in folks so we know you're OK.

Have a nice night everyone!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Happy sunday eve ABeroooooos!

oh my what a lovely relaxing day. Date day was me picking her up and taking her to the Mob Museum. seriously LOL. and we had a ball.
                      We toured a couple hours, then walked Fremont street a while, had a slow lunch, continued the museum couple more hours, then back to
                      Fremont and caught some live music. We just clicked like long lost friends and are starting to really warm up to each other. it's a truly glorious
                      feeling. yay!

Pauly, i don't like the state or anyone else pulling my hair. LOL that's how i first read that. Nope, don't mess with the govt if you like to
                      sleep at night. Hope for speedy recovery for your sick one.

PPQ is putzing... i do a lot of that too.

Treegirl, what are you preparing to plant? sounds like quite a project.

Lav, if there is a tornado (hope not) see if you can get us some great pictures! LOL ok bad idea. Hide!

Narilly, how utterly fabulous that you are kicking AF butt and thank you for popping in. Be great to have you on the thread again.

Mick, how was the detecting? any solid gold chariots? that would be fab.

well, I'm actually looking forward to work tomorrow... how nice.

be well loves
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

hia all...aint stoppin long ...Ive got to go and collect the glass door panel,and fit it out detectin yesterday not as lot found but decent day out ..back wunce Ive finished the window..

Comment

Mae everybody,Det glad the date went well Lav,no way to the tornado! Weather has been outta this world this year! Everywhere it seems, Narilly was great to see your post and I'm super proud of you much love to all and wishes for a great BF Monday!

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Well, our phones blasted a tornado warning at 1:09 am! Fortunately it never got here but one did form in southern Delaware & did a good bit of damage, damn. Who needs that crap?

I went along with YB on his doc visits today & had a good talk with the oncology surgeon. She will be excising a large circle around the stage 2 spot on his back. He will also be injected with a radioactive dye so they can visualize lymph nodes & remove any that look iffy. No date set yet, will be hearing soon. If the nodes are involved then he will be put on immunotherapy afterwards (not chemo). All in all it sounded like an OK situation certainly could have been a lot worse. If he had only listened to me many years ago when I told him to have those spots looked at maybe he wouldn't be dealing with this stuff now. He's never been one to listen to anyone, if you know what I mean.

Mick, hope you got you glass panel installed OK. It's always something with a house, right?

Det, so happy to hear your date went well. You deserve to be happy

Pauly, Hope your day was a good one!

Hello to Cyn, Sam, Pie & SK.

Sill golden retriever sitting here, at least until Thursday evening when the kids get back from AZ.

PQ, how was your day? Good I hope.

Have a nice night everyone.
                            I'm so sad about the fire at Notre Dame. Grateful I had a chance to see it twice in all it's glory.

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all...howzwee today then?good I hope ...glass fitted in door ...there is great truth in the saying check twice ...do once...There is a way to put it in ,so that they both look the same thank goodness I did ...not like me I usually do it then look at the instructions..so thats done Also redoing the garden...dont know how but the idea of a waterfall is emerging...where the long bed is next to the rabbit hutch ...that will be landscaped to a certain extent ,and in the top corner a waterfall ..I used to have one with rabbits previously and it never bothered them ..I need to get more stone.etc at the moment it looks like a lump of earth .

hiya Lav how are you then today?glad it isnt as bad for yb ,as initially thought ...as for listening ...tell me a man who does...sorry whatcha say?yes its a shame about Notre Dame ,like you glad I saw it and went round it ...I went up the spire too.havea lovely day

hiya pauly ..how are you then this fine day?you good ?hope so ..

Det sounds like it all went well for you mate ..glad it did..

hiya ppqpq..how are you ...all ok with you

right got to take Julie to work ,her car is getting roadworthy tested ...take it eazee

The barman in the pub looked over at me said, "Your glass is empty, fancy another one?"
                              "Why the fck would I want two empty glasses?" I asked.

The bells, the bells...

Run like feck Quasimodo, that's the fire alarm.

Restaurant toilets are so dangerous! So many of my dates have gone to use them and vanished!

It's the 23rd century:

The planet Earth is one of the numerous worlds in ’The United Federation of Planets’.
                              An interstellar government of peaceful exploration and freedom.

It's joyous to behold, different species from all over the Galaxy, a utopian ideology working together in peace and harmony...

Except for Britain, we're still trying to leave the European Union.

Was on the train this morning when I saw a sign which read, “If You Spot Anything Suspicious Please Inform A Member Of Staff”.
                              So as the conductor came by I beckoned him over and pointed down the carriage, “There’s a bloke there wearing a pink shirt.”

A massive blaze erupted at the historic Notre-Dame cathedral in Paris today, sending the monument’s spire toppling to the ground.

The cause of the fire was not clear but officials say it could be related to a €7m renovation project that was underway.

Nobody's sure how insurance companies will resolve any financial claims, as all contracts appear to be Quasi legal.

The scene is set, the night is cold, the campfire is burning and the stars twinkle in the dark night sky.
                              Three hang-glider pilots, one from Australia, one from South Africa and the other from New Zealand, are sitting round a campfire near Ayers Rock, each embroiled with the bravado for which they are famous.
                              A night of tall tales begins....
                              Kiven, the kiwi says, "I must be the meanest, toughest heng glider dude there us. Why, just the other day, I linded in a field and scared a crocodile thet got loose from the swamp. Et ate sex men before I wrestled ut to the ground weth my bare hends end beat ut's bliddy 'ed un.
                              Jerry from South Africa typically can't stand to be bettered. "Well you guys, I lended orfter a 200 mile flight on a tiny treck, ind a fifteen foot Namibian desert snike slid out from under a rock and made a move for me. I grebbed thet borsted with my bare hinds and tore it's head orf ind sucked the poison down in one gulp. Ind I'm still here today".
                              Johno the Aussie remained silent, slowly poking the fire with his penis.

I have decided to lose weight using the Bon Jovi diet.
                              Living on a pear.

Saw Quasimodo interviewed on the news earlier. He's got the right hump.

The wife said to me the other day, I'm sick of you and that 2 way radio. You spend all your time on it, I've had enough. Our marriage is over.

I said sorry, didn't quite catch that, our marriage is what?...over.

Comment

Working...
                              X