Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21 April

MAE ALL...

Kicking off this weeks thread. Mick...hope you have good weather for your detecting today.

Putting the coffee on...will be back later....:smile:PPQP

Re: 21 April

thanks PQ
    foggy morning brain wise, sleep felt great! lovely spring day, and good day for initial lawn mowing, think I'll wear a face mask though! pollen to the max! playing out tonight. have a good one all!
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae all -

Happy Easter wishes!

PPQ, I hope you are not having a cold Easter/spring holiday! Thanks for getting us started this week.

Lav, glad to hear those big storms didn't turn into tornados, what weather!! I hope today's holiday dinner went well. Glad to hear that the redness is improving - you have quite the balancing act!

Mick, great pics of your projects... all looks lovely.

Sam, what a great pseudo-cow-mom you are. I hope the calf does well. Good luck with the allergies, especially mowing.

Pauly, I love to imagine you coloring eggs - I hope you had fun.

Det, how is it going? When I first moved to the desert (we moved away 7 years ago) I thought the heat would kill me... but your body will adjust in time. Good luck!

Shout out to Nar, SK (hellooooo!?) and Pi, happy holiday.

Raced around yesterday getting all ready for a showing, then trained in the dogsitter to cope with the house and find things, then took off to drive to NYC and make a special dinner for friends in hubs' tiny apartment (fortunately he bought a lot of the food already prepared). This morning packed him up and loaded the car and we drove back up country. (Prepared salads that we ate in the car on the way home were our Easter dinners, lol.) That's possibly the LAST NYC rental I our future.. I sure hope so. Tired tonight, but wishing my AF Family here on the thread a happy Springtime!

Cheers all --

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Thanks for the startup PQ

Sam, the weather was beautiful today but the allergies were pretty insane, haha! I hope your day was good & have fun playing tonight.

Cyn, you sound like you need a few day or weeks in a lounge chair on the beach
        I'm glad things are starting to settle down for you, at least I hope so. Get yourself some major rest now, OK?
        We had son & his family for dinner & it was OK. It's kind of hard to eat & enjoy your food when you're waiting for your grandson's next blow up. He's fine one minute then off the walls the next. I don't know what they're going to do with him.

Hello to Pauly, Det, Mick, Pie & SK. I hope everyone had a good Easter.

Have a nice night everyone & let's all say a prayer for the poor folks in Sri Lanka today.

Lav
        Last edited by Lavande; April 21, 2019, 08:16 PM.
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

oy oy ABerooooodles!

quick check-in as I'm happily exhausted and got to get up early.

Sam, great to see you, PPQ thanks for booting us up.

Tree, sounds like fun festivities, nice.

Lav, exploding grandchildren would be challenging for sure.

yesterdays hiking/eating/hanging out date was very nice, together from 9am to 6pm.
          today's date rescheduled to tomorrow night which is great timing because i finally sold my
          darn trailer/rv today. yay! things are coming together nicely.

gnight loves
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

hiya all ...just a quick jump in ..hope everyone is well..didnt find too much detecting yesterday ,in fact nothing.lovely day here today,sun is out ,have a great day all.
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Quick hello -

Mick, I meant to say first thing in yesterday's post how grateful I am that your trip to Sri Lanka was not over this holiday -- what a nightmare for those poor people and travelers.

Lav, sounds like fairly stressful for a holiday, and this is of course affecting every family member... poor kid, sorry for all. I know these things can be very difficult to diagnose. I think I have read that there are some suspected gut connections - I remember a doc in AZ when we lived there was doing cutting-edge research regarding that, and I think Cleveland Clinic/ Dr. Hyman are doing the same. Good luck, my heart goes out to all.

Dat, congrats on the trailer sale and the dates too!

Off to the races...

Wishing all well for this week, cheers.

Comment

Mae everybody,Cyn I was thinking the same thing about Mick and his vacation! What a sad thing to happen and dammit so pointless,I just can't fathom all this hate in the world Det,glad you sold your trailer hi-fives! Hope everyone had a nice Easter,sounds like it,Romeo has a double ear infection so ours was just kind of quiet,felt bad for Lou cuz he's used to going and seeing the Easter bunny, should have taken him a few days ago instead,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Monday
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sam...our grass is still brown, can't believe your cutting already. Hope you had a great time playing tunes yesterday.

TG...lucking out with the weather this long weekend, will be a different story next weekend. So the NYC rental is no more? Still haven't figured out what your hub does for work. LOL

Lav...I'm sure there was lots of tension around the dinner table, sorry about that. Sure hope they can sort out what's going on soon.

Det...good news on the sale of the trailer/rv. It's so good to read your posts and see how far you've come. All that hard work has really paid off.

Mick...hope all is ok, sounds like there might be something happening behind the scenes. I think it's great you getting out every Sunday detecting, meeting up with friends, fresh air and exercise regardless if you find anything. Hope you have a good day, I know I'm going to enjoy day 4 of my weekend.

Pauly...sorry to hear Romeo has ear infections again. Are you working today?

Have to get my butt in gear and go move my car. They are doing the annual parking lot clean and usually I'm at work so it doesn't affect me. Thought ahead and piled some recyclables in the car yesterday so will head out soon. Have a great day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Friends!

Beautiful out again today but still very sneezy, if you know what I mean.
                    Planted my butterfly garden collection of 3 different flower seeds, nice.

Mick sent me a message a little while ago with a link to his local news. There's a big fire(s) burning on moorland just two miles from his home
                    Lots of smoke & fire showing in the video & lots of fire crews at work. Let's all pray they get this situation under control ASAP.

Det, congrats on the trailer sale :welldone:
                    Sounds like things are going well for you all around!

Pauly, sorry to hear Romeo is sick. Louie had his share of ear infections too didn't he? Some kids are prone to them. My kids had tonsillitis, that was our go to infection.
                    Hope he feels better soon.

PQ, I hope your 4th day off was a good one!
                    We (not me) have been cutting grass here for a few weeks. YB thought he had hired a local guy to cut grass this year but he never showed up so he just started doing it himself as usual.

Cyn, I see the death toll in Sri Lanka has risen today as I expected. So sad hearing that officials there had gotten warnings but disregarded them for some reason.
                    My grandson is going to have a very hard life if he doesn't get his sh*t together soon. Being suspended from school & kicked out of boy scouts for bad behavior is just not acceptable in a normal society. He definitely has antisocial traits but they can be worked on. I hope his parents get on the ball with him soon.

Hello to Sam, Pie, SK & anyone stopping by.
                    Have a nice night everyone. It's time to go tuck the chickens in for the night .

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

morning all ,how are we gtoday then?good I hope ..I aint posted much the last 2 days ,simply because my head hasnt been with it ,with the terrorist scum attacks in Sri Lanka ,kinda brought it home ,we had been to that shrine ,and the markets .the hotel we stayed in was in a block of 5 ..the one that went up was pretty much next door..they are lovely people who rely a lot on tourism as an industry ..it was getting on its feet after the attacks 10 years ago ..I hope the perps and hangers on die a slow painful death and also there is a pretty big moors fire raging here ,yesterday was a whiteout with smoke ,windows and doors had to be shut..it took hold again last night ,bit closer ..ie about 1.5 miles ..so I brought the rabbits in the house ..this is at daft o clock in the morning ..theres a wind blowing this morning so it hopefully will clear the air a bit.this fire was started by someone on the moor lighting a bbq..My rant over..

hiya Lav ,sorry to hear about your grandson ...have they done any tests etc yet?as you say work on the traits before it is too late ..I take it you are managing to get the grass cut the weather isnt too bad?one of my jobs is pricking out the little seedlings I have grown ..it doesnt do a lot for me! hope your day goes well.

hiya ppqp ...you ok ?is it back to the circus for you today?I found a really cruddy coin or something on sunday ..nothing great ..I cleaned it up and manged to see some writing under a mag glass..it is a miners pit head token from 1908,HBriggs and son ..Whit Collieries Normanton in yorkshire ..Ilike the historical finding out too.hope all goes well for you at work.

hiya pauly ,you ok? howsLou ? your pics looked good tho ..and again well done you over easter

teegee..hiya ...and thank you .I met some lovely people there ,I hope they are ok..have you got yourself sorted now?you have had a bit of a mad time!!

det well done buddy ..

Ukrainians, why not join in the fun and elect a comedian with zero political experience: just like the US have. ��

The Prime Minister has today defended plans to have trainee nurses start off as health care assistants before they start nursing.
                      This is very acceptable as long as trainee politicians start off as sewer workers before they start talking shit

Went out and caught the sun earlier ..

Now my hands are burning like mad

I asked a woman at work, "Are you doing anything this weekend?"

"No," she smiled, fluttering her eyelashes.

"That's great," I replied, "a rest will do you good, you look rough."

Last person executed in North Korea happened 1957

Due to rolling blackouts they will be resumed again at 2100pm

A Scouser went to his Doctor, "Me mum keeps saying to get a job, she doesn't want me being in bed all day. She wants to get me checked out Doc to find out why I'm so tired." The Doctor takes a few blood samples and carries out a thorough examination then tells him to come back in a week for blood results.

In a week the Scouser goes back, the GP looks at him sternly and says "I've had all your blood tests back which are fine, your physical examination showed no problems. I can only conclude you're in good health and bone idle!"
                      "Right Doc . . ." The Scouser says ". . . but have you got any fancy medical Latin words for 'lazy' so's I can shut me Mum up?"
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

morning all
                        a quick wave, starting a new job this morning for a person who collects old gas pumps, interesting hobby. I saw a few in his yard when I went to talk to him about what he wanted done. Off to the races.... be well all
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick....I bet your head hasn't been with it. :hug: I'm so sorry this happened in Sri Lanka but so grateful that you and Julie weren't there. And now you're dealing with the moors fire. I hope the winds cleared out some of the smoke and that they've got a handle on it. At least you found a coin and that started the history quest. I know you enjoy history. Work is going good with a lot more open communication. At least I don't dread going in anymore.

Sam...no accounting for what people collect. Gas pumps as in you drive up to one to fill your tank up? What's the new job look like? Something that'll keep you busy for awhile or finding property pins?

Had a busy but good day. Just popped in for a quick bite as I'm heading back for our first garden meeting which will include appointing the new directors. Last weekends weather was gorgeous, really wanted to get in the garden. This weekend will bring us snow!!! Hopefully we'll be able to plant by the end of May. If I don't pop in after the meeting have a nice night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

We got out & got a lot of running around done. I was concerned about getting enough chicken feed here before YB has his surgery & can't be lifting those 50 lb bags of feed for a while. I can't lift those bags even if I want to
                            It hit 81 degrees this afternoon, warm!!! Back to the 60's for the rest of the week. Picked up extra food today since the boys will be here tomorrow after school & we all know how they can eat, haha!

Mick, I'm happy to hear those fires are out, scary stuff.
                            I never imagined conditions would get so dry since it seems to rain plenty according to your reports. Hard to figure.
                            I haven't gotten any news about my grandson this week so I hope he's mellowed out a little. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Sam, isn't it interesting how some people attach themselves to such dumb stuff? My son brought home a fire hydrant at one time & I made him get rid of it. Why would I want a fire hydrant taking up space in my garage, LOL. Hope your day was good.

PQ, I can't believe you are expecting snow this weekend, geez. I was just sitting outside after dinner enjoying the fragrance of my lilac bush. I hope spring arrives very soon for you, really

Hello to Det, Cyn, Pauly, Pie & SK. Hope everyone is doing OK.

Have a nice night everyone!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

morning all...a definite change in the weather today here ...its blowing a gale ,and according to the weather man we have rain on the way too..bit late the fires were put out yesterday...at one stage we had 16 pumps and a helicopter up there..What did happen though is the amount of water they have taken from the reservoirs has dropped the general water pressure..It still looks a bit foggy out there but never mind.I dried the last of my dandelions yesterday ..these 2 absolutely love them..lets have a brew shall we ..
                              hiya Lav,how are you doing today then?81 degrees?pretty hot then?did you manage to get all the feed for the chickens?looks like you need to get one of the grandsons dragging the feed about for you .now collecting stuff comes in different categories..

1..that looks good ,may come in handy
                              2..they look good Im going to collect them ..coins cards signs beer mats etc
                              3,,,that looks good must be worth a few bucks

all however fall into the category of Collectable Recyclable Adaptable Profitable....ie crap!
                              have a good one ...

hiya ppqp..how are you doing ? glad things are ok at work ..that "chat" must have cleared the air a bit.Snow this weekend ? nothing personal but it looks a heck of a lot better over there...have a good day.

hiya Sam ,,,well how did you get on at the new job...tell me with the old gas pumps ..does he sell the juice at the old prices?hows theshingles > you over it all now ..?

hiya pauly sk tg etc hope all is well ...orf to the docs now ..

As a paramedic I was called out to a vegan couple who habitually overdosed on vegetables.
                              The first thing I did was take their pulses.

My blonde wife was doing a competition in a magazine when she asked me, “Babes, do you know the name of the lance St George used to kill the dragon?”

I said, “Ascalon.”

She got up and walked to the front door to go out.

I said, “Now where are you going?”

She said, “Over the road to ask Alan.”

... sometimes I wonder why I bother getting up in the morning.

Trump coming to UK to honour D Day.

Only if it's not raining.....

I just went round to my elderly neighbor's to chew the fat.

I'll have to go again at teatime tomorrow if he doesn't find his false teeth.

I think I bought this self hypnosis CD called "Forgetting Your Past" but I don't recall ever using it.

I got home from work and said to my wife, "What's this crap you're watching and who is that miserable git in the tuxedo?"

"It's you, " she replied, " and it's our wedding video."

Israel has said it will name a town in the Golan Heights after Donald Trump.
                              Does anyone know what the Hebrew word for 'Trumpton' is?

New alternative definition recently added to the Oxford English Dictionary.

Feet (noun)
                              [Definition] A multifunction pair of human appendages for locating upturned 13A plugs, Lego bricks and cat vomit in the dark.

Heard a lady this morning saying she will put on make-up on the train.
                              Not matter what she does I think it will still look like a train.

Comment

Working...
                              X