28th April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

28th April

Good morning all..hope we are all well.I am out playing the digging holes for nothing hobby again this morning ,just waiting for my lift to turn up .Storm has gone and it is quite sunny out there ,damp but sunny.have a nice day everyone.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 28th April

MAE ALL...

Mick...good luck with the digging today.

I too am digging today. Got about a foot of heavy wet snow. Some parts of the city up to 2 feet. Although we're only at 0 degrees the bright sun is out and already starting to melt some of this. Glad I didn't have to head out to work this morning. LOL

Have a Super Sober Sunday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Mick, hope you had a fun day digging holes in the damp ground

PQ, I AM SO SORRY about all that snow, geez. I hope it melts very quickly.
      I saw your post from last night about the Betamethasone - good! I have a similar tube sitting in my medicine cabinet called Mometasone left over from last fall's red skin issue.
      My father-in-law was a pharmacist & he used to do the same thing for his customers. That was back in the day of small family owned drug stores, they really took care of their customers. Nowadays big stores like CVS & Walgreens can't do stuff like that - corporate bullshit. I hope you're getting some relief.

Where's the rest of our crowd these days???

Nothing much going on with me. I'm going to meet an old friend for lunch tomorrow & am looking forward to that. YB has a series of doc appointments this week leading up to his surgery on May 8. His mood has been up & down. I'm staying steady, no matter what.
      Wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

oy oy ABerooos!

light turnout I see, hope all are shiny and well.

feel a bit left out being I'm not digging any holes here
        PPQ, hard to imagine your weather when it's blazing hot down here.
        Mick, zero on the treasure then?
        Lav, glad you're being social, always good.
        speaking of social I've turned into a serial dater LOL it's just hard to find quality connections so... just
        keep plugging away and I've 2 lined up for this week which is nice.
        I cooked for 14 people today for my Uncles Bday party and it was a smash hit, then we played wii bowling
        afterwards and it was a hoot.
        Work has been really good happy to say, actually looking forward to Monday. wow!
        still Zero booze cravings. I'm so darned happy about that.
        That's it in a nutshell. shouts to our missing clansmen/women
        be well loves
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

mornin all..hope all is well ..yep det right on the treasure cont ...an almost zero...found 5 really worn coins,1 of them was a 1817 sixpence ,apart from that nothing.glad your social life isnimproving ...I used to have a wii machine ,the bowling was great fun I ll second that

Hiya Lav ,how are you today?ok I hope .Im at the physio this morning and out walking later on ..hope you enjoy your lunch today.ive got the greenhouse floor covered in dandelions drying out..caught Jeeves trying to push the door open with his nose!..May 8th ..the same day as my brother goes in too. have a nice lunch with your friend.

hi ppqp...well did the sun do the job for you or did you end up having to shovel the snow out your self?work today ,so I guess you might still have a bit of a dig on your hands at least you havent got that dread feeling of going to work any more!!

a big hello to everyone else ,take care
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hi everyone -

PPQ, wow what a Storm for you!!! I hope your son was OK, and that you have been able to handle the snow... sheesh, you need a spring break!

Lav, good for you for staying steady in the midst of the ups and downs... I'm sure you are ready to have this over with!

Mick, glad you found something on your walkabout -- is all the rain filling up your reservoirs? Here come my dandelions...

Det, wow you are really a mad dater! Good for you, I'm sure you will find someone special in the hunt. In the meantime, enjoy! Glad to hear about your solid sobriety.

Pauly, I well remember the dust-filled desert air, uuugh. So sorry - will you have to wait this out until the July monsoons? Good luck - be sure to hydrate like crazy... wishing you luck.

Hello to the rest of the crew.

I worked with clients on Saturday (as well as doing a big edging and mulching project before that). Sunday I worked in the rain again getting some things planted on the rock garden and finishing getting the moss off of the deck. I think I'm wrapping up the house and land stuff thank goodness. Mick, my hubs got a great shot of me looking ridiculous in my rain gear... I'll try to get those pics posted soon.

Wishing all well as we head into the rest of the week --

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Thought I'd jump in to say hello while waiting for my chickens to go inside. Geez, they push bedtime later & later every day this time of year, haha!
              I had a great lunch with my friend today, lots of talking & catching up too. Still on he chilly side but tomorrow it's hopping up to the 80's then falling right back to chilly for the rets of the week. I swear I changed my clothes twice before leaving this morning, too hot, too cold!!

Det, you sound good & that makes me happy. Enjoying your life is exactly what you're supposed to be doing so good for you

Cyn, I keep picturing a painting of a fisherman in a head to toe rain suit. Is that what you look like? LOL
              I guess I'll get outside tomorrow & plant my hummingbird garden. The butterfly garden went in last week so I expect to see those seeds popping up around Thursday or so.
              Have you had any more house showings?

Pauly, hope you are OK. I'm still sneezing & snotting here despite all the antihistamines so you're definitely not alone :hug:

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...I'm not sure when it was but the powers that be changed the rules and pharmacists are now able to prescribe certain medication. Best decision they could have made. Hope you enjoyed your lunch date.

Det..."feel a bit left out being I'm not digging any holes here" LOL I'm really happy to hear how things have turned out for you. No cravings, serial dating and a job you enjoy going to. You've come a long way and I hope you're proud of yourself, we are.

Mick...at least the detecting wasn't zero. You're probably going to loose your spots soon with spring seeding starting. I can just picture Jeeves trying to get into the greenhouse. LOL The sun managed to melt everything off the pavement so didn't have to find the snow boots. Was in to work early this morning to meet with my IT guy, server seems to be disabling peoples internet access. Never a dull moment in the land of computers. They're call for snow off and on all week but it won't be anywhere near the amount we got Saturday. I just wish it would warm up, tired of the cold winds.

TG...son made it home safe and sound so all's good. Got to admit I'd rather have this snow storm in April rather than the May long weekend when it usually rears it's ugly head. Glad to hear you're wrapping up the house and land stuff it's been a long haul for you. You'll definitely have to post the rain gear pic along with the yard pics.

Waves to Pi, Pauly, Sam & SK. Time to get dinner started so have a great night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

and good ,morning all ...hope all is well in nobooozeland...lovely day yesterday here ,looks similar this morning ..as I look out of the window ,I can see the fox on its run on the hill ,so the rabbits wont be coming out just yet.
                  hiya ppqp..so no sno boots required?just an enabler to enable the undoings of the disabler ..yep land wont be available soon ,the crops are all in .It s lovely out here today ....

hiya Lav ,glad you enjoyed your luunch yesterday ,chickens sound like kids ...pushing it!!!!speaking of which ,hows grandson doing?today is busy for me ,,yesterday at physio ,then went for a 15k walk with my friend ,carrying a 20lb pack ....dont ask!! today ...planting up ,pricking out watering garden ,go to Julies dads cut grass weed garden ,then shops .how did I ever manage work??Ive just potted up 9 sunflowers ...hopefully they are various shades ..hope you have a good day.

hiya tree ..mbh the pic of you in yellow oilskins came to mind !!how are you today then? hope all is well with you.....yep second lot of dandelions almost dry!glad you are getting to the end of the work ..

hello everyone else ,hope you are well..

Comment

MAE ALL...wow, nobody talking today?

Mick...good spot on the fox, hope he doesn't hang around for long. Another cold day and it started snowing about 4pm. Just light fluffy stuff right now and I don't think it'll accumulate. Think it's supposed to be this way all week. It was a good day at work keep in mind the program coordinator is on holidays for 2 weeks. LOL

Hope everyone is doing good. Have a good evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening folks!

Today was one of YB's smaller surgical procedures, the bigger one is next week, then the other smaller one soon after, haha. Good thing he posted a schedule on the fridge or I'd forget something at this point. The surgeon invited me in to observe the cutting when he found out I was a nurse once upon a time. I said SURE haha!!
                      No one cuts & sutures as beautifully as a dermatologist, honestly & it didn't hurt me a bit, LOL
                      On the way out to the car afterwards a cat sped past us carrying a baby bunny in it's mouth, sad to see but I guess that's nature.
                      Anyway we make the 40 mile trek to the hospital tomorrow morning where he will be having his bigger procedure. This will be for pre-admission testing. Have to leave here at 7 am & deal with the morning traffic which is awful. Oh well.

Mick, I found a huge groundhog munching grass in front of the chicken house last night. You should have seen him run/waddle away when he heard me & the dog coming, LOL. They don't bother the chickens any but they eat everything in sight! Glad you spotted the fox before any damage was done. I'm keeping my eyes open for fox & coyotes, oy!

PQ, it always so nice to go to work when the boss is off, I remember, haha!
                      I hope your snow disappears asap

Hello to Pauly, Det, Cyn. Sam & everyone.

Have a nice night everyone. Time to go chase those chickens in again.

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Evening greetings ABerooos!

good work day, then unpacking my goodies from Amazon. new Oster food processor. wooo! and a 27" monitor so I can edit photos
                        and videos without straining my brain unit.

Mick, at least you scored a cool coin, nice.

Lav, best of luck with morning traffic and YB.

just a quickie here and wanted to share this comedy drinking classic I'm sure some of you have seen:

Larry Miller "Five Levels Of Drinking" (another great version) - YouTube

hugs to Treegirl, PPQ, Pauly, anyone hiding? and thanks all as always for being such great cheerleaders. You're all
                        truly awesome.

gnight loves,
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

white rabbits mornin all...another lovely day yesterday ...the time went absolutely no where!looks like the makings of the same again today..saw the deer playing in the field ,no fox as yet ,but its early doors 6am.I love this time of the morning ,the world is at its best ..

hia ppqp..its hard to imagine that you have snow ,whilst we have got lovely sunshine here ..not that I want to trade believe me ..how are things with you\?ok I hope.

hia Lav,so the dermatologist has turned yb into a work of art has he ?why didnt you jump in ? bit of embroidery here n there ..coupla nice designs ...Seriously ,hope all goes well today I guess it is nature re the cat /rabbit ...not so sure that I would have been as calm about it ..but thats me n rabbits .. a groundhog????does he not know it isnt 2nd feb??Yep there he is ...mr fox is on his way home ...as long as he fox off thats all Im bothered about.

hia det ..pressie time?been treating your self?good man..

dunno where everyone else is ,but have a nice day

Comment

Rabbit rabbit!!

Thanks for the posts all - I worked until late last night and fell asleep at the keyboard before I could post...

Mick, you made me laugh out loud at the suggested embroidery additions by Lav - ha! Glad the fox is on his way already this morning.

Lav, I didn't realize some of the surgery is happening already and that today you have to go to the site to register and do tests... for the May 8 surgery? Glad to hear that the doc invited you in... he/she must be proud of their work! BTW, shall I tell YB that the week of May 6 is "Nurse Appreciation Week"? No kidding - it's a real thing! And I am glad - great nurses have been such a source of intelligence, solace, trust and comfort for me during stressful times... and I think you must have been one of the best! Hope the drive today isn't too terrible.

PPQ, so glad you have your workplace to yourself this week! Also glad the snow is not seriously staying around... hope that continues...

Det, I'd like to add my voice to your congratulations! And thanks again for posting about all the medical steps forward. I've shared the microbiome sequencing with my step-daughter who has Crohns... I hope she's interested.

Pauly, how's it going, any less dust flying around (as if...!) wishing you well. Did grandson get over his sickness? Hope so...

Well, no pics today - the rain suit one is on hubs' phone and he is away working in FL for 2 days... I'll post it eventually. I do look like I am Lobstering in the middle of the Atlantic, yes! Except for the pot of half-eaten tulips that I'm holding which I found that the deer had breakfasted on... oh well, replaced them with daffodils...

Hello to the missing ones -

Wishing all a happy day, and a tremendous month -

Comment

Good evening folks,

Cloudy day here but no rain & chilly enough to require a jacket. You just don't know what you're going to get from one day to another around these parts.
                              The trip this morning was as expected but we got back in about half the time. I'm so grateful I don't have to face all that crazy traffic every day.

Det, I am an Amazon shopper for real since there are no real stores here in cow country. I don't count Walmart as a real store, haha! Glad you got your stuff delivered right to you

Mick, I thought about that baby bunny a few times today, poor thing. I hate to tell you but several years ago one of my son's goldens caught herself a bigger bunny in my backyard. I was so grossed out, it took me forever to coax her away from the rabbit & leave it where it was. Nature stuff, you know.
                              I basically entertained the surgeon while he was doing his cutting yesterday. He asked me what we were going to have for dinner. So I gave him my standard answer: whatever I throw in the instant pot. Then the doc wanted to know all about the instant pot so I told him everything I knew, HA HA!!

Cyn, it's been kind of crazy with YB's situation. There are 4 docs on his medical team so he's running around back & forth between them. Luckily they are all located in the same medical center. The procedure he had yesterday (MOHs) was for one of the stage 0 spots. The stage 2 spot will be done in the hospital May 8 along with the lymph node mapping to see if there has been any spreading going on. Then he still has the other stage 0 spot to get done. He's going to hear about genetic testing on Friday - I'm interested in that. The doc told him yesterday he was lucky he came in when he did!!!!
                              I guess you & I may be seeing some rain in the next few days.

Hello to Pauly - where are you girl? Hello to all the rest including you PQ

Have a nice night everyone. I'll be picking up grandsons tomorrow afternoon so I may be a bit later checking in.

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X