May 2019 Army Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May 2019 Army Thread 2019

Pinch punch and all that but even better we're in for a lovely weekend..........because this weekend its............

You might want to wear a hat and gloves as its going to be freezing.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Re: May 2019 Army Thread 2019

Brought you over here, sweetheart.
    Originally posted by starty View Post
    Yes I will make a list, great idea Jax. Mr S says I sway when walking too. I bet I look like a feckin weeble as I walk. Tomorrow is the big day so will see what he says. Sometimes when I get in the car I have to manually lift my leg up to put it in. However I can walk 10 miles and it doesnt stop me doing that although I do pay for it.

Last day at work for me today which is lovely.

Did they say Mr JC needed further treatment Jax?
    His notes have been sent to his surgeon who performed the original implant and he's due a check up anyway.
    And that lifting your leg into the car is exactly what Mr JC used to do. He could walk for miles with Bess (she was a lot younger then).
    He was in just 4 days and apart from the first few hours on a morphine pump all he took after was ibubfrofen or paracetamol. As he'd lived in denial for so many years about the pain he was in......he was amazed how well he felt after. He rarely takes anything these days.

Back to the more important stuff.......I threatened Mr JC with telling his mother about the state of his grundies if he didn't agree to new ones. I :heartbeat: my MIL.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
      Pinch punch and all that but even better we're in for a lovely weekend..........because this weekend its............

You might want to wear a hat and gloves as its going to be freezing.
      Think I’ll add a few more layers JC, it’s still back to winter here. Thanks for starting us off, hard to believe it is May. Anyone I have heard of who has had a replacement felt they should have done it sooner so go for it Starty. Off for my walk in a few minutes.

Comment

Good luck tomorrow [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]!
        Hilarious pic [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]!!

Very busy day. Exhausted.com
        Love May, it might be my favourite month.
        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning all!

There wont be any naked gardening here JC! at least until I have removed my winter pelt

It is good to know that Mr Jc could walk for miles albeit I expect it was painful. same here, can walk for miles like this morning, but boy was it uncomfortable and at time excruciating. Gorgeous weather tho and lovely and warm after a while out there.

Hospital at 12.30 will let you know how I get on. Keep all crossed that I get some help please

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post

It is good to know that Mr Jc could walk for miles albeit I expect it was painful. same here, can walk for miles like this morning, but boy was it uncomfortable and at time excruciating. Gorgeous weather tho and lovely and warm after a while out there.

Hospital at 12.30 will let you know how I get on. Keep all crossed that I get some help please
            :hug: [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]
            Ye know I'm beginning to think all the walking / running we do ( well not me ) is maybe not as good for us as we think ?
            Mr S also walked for miles & miles and is now a candidate for a replacement knee or two :egad:
            Maybe because it's more often on a hard pavement ?

I think now that the route I took - weight training ( basically because I'm a lazy cow ) was in the end more beneficial.
            I hated all that sweaty aerobic stuff we did in the 80s :haha:

My bones & core are strong and the only aches & pains I have are from a really old RSI & increased gym work.

Just some musings as my Rosie sleeps on my chest here hiding from HER walk with MrS - I think she HATES the car..

Answers on a postcard
            Last edited by satz123; May 2, 2019, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Good morning everyone and good luck Starty. Nobody likes the hospital visits but they are necessary. My BIL had meeting with consultant this morning following biopsy last week and was good news. Did the cliff walk with him yesterday afternoon and it was food for the soul. Love May too Mary and this is a long weekend, yippee. Gardening planned but not of the naked variety lol.

Comment

Xpost Rustytop - great news for BIL :yay:

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                  Did the cliff walk with him yesterday afternoon and it was food for the soul.
                  What cliff [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] ? Howth ?
                  Last edited by satz123; May 2, 2019, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Cross posted there Satz. Agree about the pavements and the running does seem to be hard on the joints. No fear of me getting injured. Walking the doggies for the past 20 years in the woods and now doing the hill walking but at my own pace. No aches or pains so far. Does Rosie get car sick? We had a Goldie who used to, she loved her walks and swims but hated getting in the car,

Comment

No Bray to Greystones, sun shining and not too busy, bliss

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                        Cross posted there Satz. Agree about the pavements and the running does seem to be hard on the joints. No fear of me getting injured. Walking the doggies for the past 20 years in the woods and now doing the hill walking but at my own pace. No aches or pains so far. Does Rosie get car sick? We had a Goldie who used to, she loved her walks and swims but hated getting in the car,
                        Rosie HATES the car. No never gets car sick ..........
                        MrS came back today in a rage. She wouldn't get back into the car for him after the walk - where she was off the lead in a big field - took him 20 minutes to round her up....
                        it was like a lover's tiff :haha:

Comment

Great spot [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION], although its been an age since I was over that direction.

Any update [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]??

I think all the talk of work life balance has rubbed off me and I asked for unpaid leave and got the month of August off! Im thrilled
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning all!

Yes total hip replacement has been recommended. Apparently arth is severe. I just have to wait for the authorisation from the insurance co and sort out work and will get it done. I cant wait now as I really do not want to live like this any more. It is tiring to hurt with every movement just about.

satz, casey hated the car for a long time. I think because he was sick as a pup. we have now conditioned him to go in. try making the car a nice place for her eg getting her in and feeding/giving treats and praise. Once she will go in then feed praise when the car is started, build up to short journeys etc. Maybe get a behaviourist (a force free one) to help you

Mary having aug off is a brilliant idea! How much holiday do you normally get each year?

I really need to learn to make friends with housework. I find it so daunting to tackle :haha:

Comment

Afternoon all. Delighted for both of you, Starty and Mary. Just in from crochet class and getting some lunch. Nothing major planned for the weekend but that’s o.k. How is Mr JC?

Not friends with housework either Starty, it’s a necessary evil. Would much prefer to spend my time crocheting or reading, Netflix etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X