Mwo welcome wagon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mwo welcome wagon!

Well, I keep telling myself I need to do something about getting the boards more active and I’m going to carry through with that, so here we have the first MWO Welcome Wagon! I’m going to try and do this at the beginning of each month, but for the first one, I’m going back 2 months.

I want to say a big hello and welcome to the members that have joined in the past 2 months:
    [MENTION=24353]AcamponeA[/MENTION] [MENTION=24362]BrendaCan[/MENTION] [MENTION=24366]bssyfls01[/MENTION] [MENTION=24356]dagoxer[/MENTION] [MENTION=24358]Elizabeth 0810[/MENTION] [MENTION=24370]FeralPuppy[/MENTION] [MENTION=24367]jandig[/MENTION] [MENTION=24354]Jherose77[/MENTION] [MENTION=24368]katalus[/MENTION] [MENTION=24347]lobby[/MENTION] [MENTION=24364]Loo[/MENTION] [MENTION=24365]mariner198[/MENTION] [MENTION=24359]mfreetofly67[/MENTION] [MENTION=24346]Mgb-1978[/MENTION] [MENTION=24349]Mighty_Chihuahua[/MENTION] [MENTION=24363]NanaPauline[/MENTION] [MENTION=24351]New Sunrise[/MENTION] [MENTION=24361]NoraB[/MENTION] [MENTION=24360]RodneyMi[/MENTION] [MENTION=24352]To Begin With[/MENTION] [MENTION=24350]Windwalker[/MENTION] So lets give them all a big, warm MWO Welcome!

Some of these new members have already made their names known on threads, others have posted a few times and continue to lurk, others are lurking, and even some haven’t been back since registering. You’ll get the most out of this place by becoming active, reading and posting everyday, so find a thread you think might be good for you, introduce yourself, and get more involved!

Now, lets get to those members that come and lurk everyday without saying much, your turn to be mentioned will be coming next month lol. So to avoid being singled out, why not get active now!

It takes all of us to make MWO the great place it is, why don’t we step it up a notch and make it a fantastic place to be!
    Last edited by abcowboy; May 1, 2019, 07:14 PM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Re: MWO Welcome Wagon!

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
    Well, I keep telling myself I need to do something about getting the boards more active and I’m going to carry through with that, so here we have the first MWO Welcome Wagon! I’m going to try and do this at the beginning of each month, but for the first one, I’m going back 2 months.

I want to say a big hello and welcome to the members that have joined in the past 2 months:
    [MENTION=24353]AcamponeA[/MENTION] [MENTION=24362]BrendaCan[/MENTION] [MENTION=24366]bssyfls01[/MENTION] [MENTION=24356]dagoxer[/MENTION] [MENTION=24358]Elizabeth 0810[/MENTION] [MENTION=24370]FeralPuppy[/MENTION] [MENTION=24367]jandig[/MENTION] [MENTION=24354]Jherose77[/MENTION] [MENTION=24368]katalus[/MENTION] [MENTION=24347]lobby[/MENTION] [MENTION=24364]Loo[/MENTION] [MENTION=24365]mariner198[/MENTION] [MENTION=24359]mfreetofly67[/MENTION] [MENTION=24346]Mgb-1978[/MENTION] [MENTION=24349]Mighty_Chihuahua[/MENTION] [MENTION=24363]NanaPauline[/MENTION] [MENTION=24351]New Sunrise[/MENTION] [MENTION=24361]NoraB[/MENTION] [MENTION=24360]RodneyMi[/MENTION] [MENTION=24352]To Begin With[/MENTION] [MENTION=24350]Windwalker[/MENTION] So lets give them all a big, warm MWO Welcome!

Some of these new members have already made their names known on threads, others have posted a few times and continue to lurk, others are lurking, and even some haven’t been back since registering. You’ll get the most out of this place by becoming active, reading and posting everyday, so find a thread you think might be good for you, introduce yourself, and get more involved!

Now, lets get to those members that come and lurk everyday without saying much, your turn to be mentioned will be coming next month lol. So to avoid being singled out, why not get active now!

It takes all of us to make MWO the great place it is, why don’t we step it up a notch and make it a fantastic place to be!
    This forum does seem to be very quiet. I did post a week or so looking for help but have had no responses as yet.

Comment

Re: Mwo welcome wagon!

WELCOME NEWBIES !! :checkin:If you have registered here then you are looking to change your drinking habits.
      10 years ago that is precisely what I did - my plan was to cut out drinking on weekdays and at home alone.
      My first visit here was not successful - it didn't 'click'

Fast forward to 2012 and I'm back again only worse than ever. This time it was make or break.
      I wandered around the boards for weeks until someone said go to a thread called Army - it's mostly your timezone. UK/Ireland.
      I read & posted on my phone for the first 6 months ( not easy ). I wanted what the posters had SOOOO much. Living a happy life without alcohol.

'Never again' was not in my plan - I took my time - eased my way into it - but once I got a taste of sober living I didn't look back.

I am now sober 6 years this year..... as [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] says posting & contributing every day, seeing that it can be done - (that a happy life IS possible without alcohol) - will change your perspective on what you THINK alcohol does for you...... which is nothing ....

Comment

[MENTION=24358]Elizabeth 0810[/MENTION] call in to the Army Thread - there is always someone there. Aussies / UK & Ireland.
        It's quiet - yes - but we NEED new blood so that we can share the VAST amount of knowledge we have :haha:
        Last edited by satz123; May 2, 2019, 03:25 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=2229]Elizabeth[/MENTION]0810, welcome. It is quiet compared to years ago but there is a wealth of knowledge and some wonderful members who have been here for years. Unfortunately some of us can get a bit complacent and just post on our home threads and as alcohol is not now part of our daily life, there is a lot of banter and every day stuff but we have all been there and are willing to support. I too post on the army thread as it is my time zone. Pop in and say hello, ask questions or just use it as an accountability tool. Good luck.

Comment

Hi [MENTION=24358]Elizabeth 0810[/MENTION], I know you've been posting on the Meds thread regarding Baclofen and there are a few others that are on the regular threads with Baclofen experience, [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION] being one of them. Even though all of us don't have any experience in that area, we all have experience in trying to get and stay sober. Having support is such a great asset no matter what method you're using to find long term sobriety!
            Last edited by abcowboy; May 2, 2019, 07:41 AM.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Okay, I'll bite! Don't worry, I've had all my shots now. :happy2:

satz123 - I've been here a few times over the years. If I'd committed fully, I might be 6 years sober now too. Never too late though. Thanks for sticking around, all of you who are now sober. It would be very difficult without you for the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post

Welcome all! MWO has helped me keep my head above water during my recovery and you will find lots of help and support here 24/7. Best to you all!
                Is Addiction Really a Disease?
                Watch this and find out....
                http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Sober night for me. I wish the same for all the rest of you good people. See you tomorrow!

Comment

Hello Everyone!

Thanks for the great big welcome cowboy! I must say that I have not looked at all the threads in here but so happy to have invited to the Newbies Nest. There are a lot of threads on here and it has been hard for me to just jump into a thread and follow it all. I am so grateful for the Nest and grateful for all the wonderful people here. 5 weeks sober now! I could not have done it without everyone!

Comment

Hi New Sunrise

Congrats on 5 weeks!!!!!! Isn't it great to not have to do it alone?

Comment

Huge congrats on 5 weeks [MENTION=24351]New Sunrise[/MENTION]!

Comment

What forum did you post on [MENTION=24358]Elizabeth 0810[/MENTION]? Usually people are really good about responding to posts asking for help. Newbies next and cattlemen's cafe are good ones to check out!

Comment

What forum did you post on [MENTION=24358]Elizabeth 0810[/MENTION]? Usually people are really good about responding to posts asking for help. Newbies next and cattlemen's cafe are good ones to check out!

Comment

I posted on the "medication" forum. Sorry I haven't checked in here lately. But I am on another forum and posted the following on that one...........

05-04-2019, 01:57 AM
                              Last night I drank so much with my friend. Finished at 6am on red wine.
                              Today I feel so awful. This is crazy. We are away for 6 weeks from 12th May.

I HAVE GIVEN MY LAST 5 BOTTLES OF WINE TO MY FRIEND TODAY.

I QUIT!

I have valium if I need it.
                              Please wish me luck.
                              Last edited by Elizabeth 0810; May 7, 2019, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X