Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - May 2019

Happy May!!!

I forgot it was the first until I was driving to work.

Hope everyone has a happy day.

Finally back with a pic to start us off............

Last edited by NoraC; May 1, 2019, 09:27 PM.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Re: One Step at a Time - May 2019

Wow, totally missed that it's May too Nora! I'll have to check back on April and see if I missed anything.
    GLassie, what a lovely and thought provoking post. It is so true.
    A bit cool and gloomy today, not like May at all should be.
    Hope you all had a great hump day!
    Last edited by Lizann; May 1, 2019, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Well Happy May work was annoying I swear every new person they hire turns out to be a weirdo,this new lady is strange,not my problem but she's treating customers mean so it gives us all a bad name,grrrr,hope tomorrow is a better day
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Oh - that definitely gives everyone a bad name, Pauly. I would be so annoyed too!

Thank you everyone for all your love & support. Glassie - that is truly how it feels, my heart is outside my body. I have to just believe everything will be ok. It will be a hard time but it will pass.

I am grateful that I don't drink.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora - little Savannah has access to the best medical knowledge and practice possible. I'm sure she will be fine, but I can only imagine how hard it is for the rest of you.

One thing that is really sweet is how close I've come to my DiL since she's become a Mum. We've always got along really well, but now our relationship has gone to a different level. We can share not only our love for HRH, but our motherhood related neuroses!
          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Morning friends,Nora I agree with Glassy and I'm sure everything will be fine! I'd be panic stricken though too,just worrying cuz thats just how I am,I love these kids too much sometimes it seems,will Savannah have to stay overnight at the hospital for long? Please keep us posted along the way,Liz,glad the talk with your sister went well I'm sure it'll always be an elephant but at least she won't bring it up as often now hopefully,Bird,did daughter still decide to go even though she didn't get the scholarship? She really should as it's a great opportunity while she's still young,I already had babies by her age do not much travel for me,Rusty,hope you're doing well,miss you here,off to get ready for my next adventure at the shithole much love to all and wishes for a happy and healthy AF Thursday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi Kids!!!

I am just finishing up my work here in Minnesota and I will be heading for home.
              [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-I am SO sorry that little Savannah has to have surgery. Liz was right...mama always knows something is amiss when it comes to babies. I know you wish you could see her more often and maybe here is your chance...is there some way you could call J and offer to come over with a hot meal...with your mom and hubs? She probably could use a break. Liz and Pauly were right with regard to who gets to see the baby more...J's side of the family or yours. My sister gets to see my niece's children more because she lives closer than her son-in-law's parents, and her SIL's parents are older and can't carry the kids, etc. Also...my sister doesn't have a job so she babysits for her grandchildren A LOT...when she isn't taking care of our mother.

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], Pauly, I am sorry I haven't been here...I have been putting in long hours so that I could leave early today. I have a 6.5 hour ride home. That was such a cute pic of Rome on FB. He looked like he wanted or needed a cigar in his mouth...haha....He had this look on his face that said, "I'm the man. What do you want from me??" Hahaha...so cute!

Liz-the elephant in the room WILL go away. I think you handled your sister SO Well. I am glad she apologized for her comments. She has made your drinking the elephant in the room even though you have been sober for well over a year. Having a frank talk with your sister will make that elephant in the room go away as long as you stay sober. You have the support of your husband and children, and your sister admitted she was proud of you. Now let it go, sweet friend. Don't keep bringing your past up to your head.

Glassie, dear, you are such a doll to pop in when someone needs support.
              [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-I am sorry your daughter did not get that scholarship. :-(
              Oopss..here is my client. Back later!
              Last edited by Rusty; May 2, 2019, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Oh Rusty I know you're a busy girl! I didn't mean anything just saying that we miss you hey guys hubs hasn't drank in like 3-4 weeks! He's a "normal" drinker anyways but still I'm proud of him,he just quit cuz he's lifting weights, eating right so he figures why mess it up with Modelos?

Comment

Hi all,
                  Had a rough day and was sitting on the fence for a bit. Got really pissed off at the internet man, went to get them to cut my cable and they give me so much BS. Will prolly have to switch providers. Anyway I'm ok now..Dd1 got a job offer at a theatre here in town and has not emailed the guy back yet. Says she feels lousy and hasn't eaten all day but drink Mt Dew like crazy, I said that is why she feels so bad all the time, lives on sugar. Two more finals for her and she is finished, hope she doesn't fall out before then!...Paulie, yes dd2 is going to Greece..sorry the new person is being mean at work, maybe they will say something to her about it....Glassie, that is nice you have become closer to DIL. I know that feels good.....Rusty, that is a long drive, I'd be wiped out.....Nora, when will they have the surgery?..Liz, how was your day....forgot to tell you, when I cancelled my flight to AK they credited to my Alaska air acct, I have to book another flight by Feb. something...I thought well maybe I could go to Denver instead as I had seen Alaska air in Denver...so I looked at some flights and I can get to Denver via Alaska air but it goes Atlanta to Seattle and then Seattle to Denver hahahahahha.

Comment

Bird,a trip to Denver sounds nice glad you're feeling better now, I had terrible drinking urges last night,for some reason after a time I just start getting"itchy" if that makes sense, dunno if it's the warmer weather, frustrating things in my life,sheer boredom or what,luckily today I didn't have that feeling but it's a piece of shit feeling when I do get it,very uncomfortable.

Comment

I have been having a lot of cravings lately Paulie. too much happening I guess.....dd1 and her bf are having a fight. She is very upset and he told her she is a burden I guess. I hope she is ok cuz in the past she would hurt herself badly over something like that. It is a really bad time too, she has a final due at midnight, one at 9 am tomorrow, and one on Saturday and if she messes any of those up she won't graduate. All I can do is offer comfort and hope it all works out. Worried sick

Comment

:hug:Bird,I hope your daughter doesn't get too upset over what he boyfriend said,it's so hard with our kids cuz their pain is our pain,I don't care what anyone says but to me that's just being a proper, caring,good mother you know? I'm stressed cuz of work stuff and irritated cuz Kell wants to take a trip to our home town at the end of the month with the boys and I just don't know how reliable her car is and she's being cheap about renting one,grrr,if she breaks down she's screwed cuz theres NO cell phone service between here and there, I told her if she's insisting on going I'll just rent her a car,I'm already nervous about her making the trip I don't want car problems to stress me out more,just alot of stuff,thanks for sharing Bird,I'm sure we can get through this together if we're open and talk it through:hug:

Comment

[MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], sending positive thoughts your way! Yup, I'd be worrying too. Just be as supportive as you can, that's really all you can do. Her bf picked a pretty crappy time for a fight! Really, with everything she has going on? We hurt when they hurt, it's part of the momma code! Good for you for not caving to the craving, it might make you feel better briefly, but it'll make things worse for your daughter. [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], sorry about the new girl at work. I'm just guessing, but I'd be surprised if she lasted there very long. Who wants someone like that working on their hair? Sheez! Coincidently I thought of drinking today too, not a craving, just a thought. [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], have a safe trip home. I guess maybe that means your off tomorrow? How nice would that be. I will let the situation with TS go.
                          Went by my moms this afternoon with Logan and he was just super hyper. I feel like it might be too much for my mom, but TS said she looks forward to our visits, Mom has really slowed down a lot and she seemed pretty quiet today. I worry about her. She is so sad and lonely. Now this whole thing with my niece is weighing on her. K never said good bye before she left to her. K called her once she was in Ohio to say goodbye. still trying to deal with this new "normal". Tomorrow after work I am going shopping with my sisters. We are helping BS find a mother of the groom dress! BS is not a shopper and doesn't really like to dress up, where as TS and I love to shop and dress up. I'm hoping it'll be a fun night! [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] , hope everything is ok by you. How is Savannah doing? How is your mom doing?
                          I'm off to bed, hubby went lake fishing on the boat today with our neighbor. They had such a good time, neighbor caught a pickerel and was so excited he invited hubby over tonight for some whiskey to celebrate. I'm happy hubby has a new fishing buddy, but I miss him tonight!
                          Hope you all have a quiet AF night!

Comment

Cross post [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]! Do we ever stop worrying about our little ones? Yeah, nope! Momma knows best, when will they learn? Yes, let's just keep talking through all this stuff. My gut is telling me Kelly will end up listening to you and it'll all work out fine!

Comment

For sure Liz glad you had a good day and hubs had fun! Lou and Rome we're both hyper today too,wore me out! Another thing that bugs me is my owner came in yesterday and was singing the praises of our new "manager" I was so irritated cuz if he knew all the Valium and lortabs she takes to get thru the day I highly doubt he'd think she was so great,grr,that's why all these things at work go unnoticed,she's too high to deal with any of it,pisses me off

Comment

Working...
                              X