may 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

may 5

afternoon all...hope yizare all well..Bank holiday weekend here so,best thing to do is nothing..theres traffic everywhere ..out on another jaunt tomorrow ...up towards Brighouse get some height ...no not me the ground!the detecting season is pretty much over now..

ok so lets have a brew

hiya ppqp ...hows you then? all good I hope ..take it you are overdosing on telly then?We are doing the same with Line of Duty ..now on series 3...its well worth watching if you get it on the telling vishun

so it was a close call between the crock pot and the ip?hope you have s nice weekend ...

hiya Lav ,how are you doing? ok I hope ,..hows yb doing?getting plenty of nursie tlc ?? ha ha ..what colour are your azaleas?next door to me and the one next door to them have both ripped their gardens out.all the plants chopped out and gone ..Yep I appreciate its their gardens ,but its sad to see all those mature plants gone.. Ive got a load of petunias and antirrhinums to plant out ..

hiya t g ...you ok? quiet weekend?take it easy ...

hiya everyone else ...take care ..
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: may 5

Looks like Mick started a thread minutes after me so moving over here.

MAE ALL....and Happy Cinco de Mayo to all who celebrate.

The rain/snow mix ended up being snow. Positive side is the house is getting a good cleaning.

Have a Super Sunday all and I'll check back later....PPQP

Comment

Happy Sunday ABeroooos!

Mick and PPQ, thanks both for 2 boot-up threads. just picked the one on top of the list
      Mick, didn't know there was a season for detecting?

Lav, glad you are busy with crafting/art. do you have an Etsy page up?

Work and social scene are all excellent here happy to report. Have a lunch date today at a Persian restaurant
      that I'm very much looking forward to. she's a non-drinker which is grand.

now that the trailer is gone I'm undergoing the arduous process of deciding on a new ride... prolly a small/mid SUV that
      gets fair gas mileage. I'm just not a car dude.

Pauly, you get down to Town Square at all? I've been there a couple times now and it's pretty nice, with great spots for kids to play etc.

tonight I have a dinner with my ex (Dx) and her folks whom I've always gotten along with very well. This will certainly be an emotionally
      challenging experience, but I'm looking forward to it. iv'e grown a ton in many ways.

back later with restaurant and date review

be well loves
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Originally posted by porqoui View Post
        Looks like Mick started a thread minutes after me so moving over here.

MAE ALL....and Happy Cinco de Mayo to all who celebrate.

The rain/snow mix ended up being snow. Positive side is the house is getting a good cleaning.

Have a Super Sunday all and I'll check back later....PPQP
        oops apologies ppqp.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mick...no worries. Two threads are better than none. Once I saw yours I just deleted mine, didn't want to cause confusion. LOL

Comment

Good evening friends

Full on rain day here & the mud is piling up quite nicely, haha!!
            Spent the day putzing around with embroidery designs, fun stuff.

Mick, glad you got out for some fresh air today
            My azaleas are pink & white, pretty. YB is in a half decent mood, I hope that continues into his next bigger surgery on the 8th! Fingers crossed!

PQ, aww, sorry about the snow, rats!
            I didn't clean my house much this weekend & I don't care, LOL

Det, you sound great, good for you.
            My Chevy Equinox is a year old this month & I love that thing. It might be a little bigger than what you're thinking of but worth taking a look. It's simple to fold the back seats down & create huge cargo space (good for taking to craft fairs). I had an Etsy store way back in '07 (I think), I listed one item & got no hits so I closed it due to excessive competition. I've been selling on ebay since the beginning of my embroidery biz but it's mostly shirts for firefighters & EMTs these days. I used to sell a ton of bridal stuff on ebay but got tired of dealing with bitchy brides, haha!
            Hope your dinner went well.

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all
              jammed in as much work as possible, going to Kentucky this week to a seminar on the software I use for work. gots lots of running around to do today, leave early tomorrow.

there was lots of rain yesterday, looks like an excellent year for my friend, the tick. makes me think of getting more guineas but they end up being fox fodder. they are fun to watch though.

hope everyone is well
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

afternoon all....just back from a bimble ,North Yorkshire Moors ,15.26 ks max elevation above sea level...1236 ft ..going for a bath .farmer has just put his longhorn cattle in the field there are 4 calves, they are running about like mad.
                hiya sam...Kentucky eh? whens the derby ? will you be there for it ?enjoy your course.

hiya ppqp..you ok?has the snow gone yet?...and did you finish giving the hoose a good clean?are you at work today or off for the bank holiday? have a good day whatever you are doing

hiya Lav ..you well?still lotsa mud?fed yup dealing with bitchy brides????stop beating about the bush say it as it is !!!!ha ha ..hows the keep calm gran embroidery business going .?

hiya det ...you ok mate ? how did the meal go with dx and family?also the date did it go ok too?have you decided on the next set of wheels?

hiya everyone else hope you are all well..

My girlfriend confessed to me today she has a criminal record.

Ed Sheeran Greatest Hits.

Nothing quite captures the excitement of a bank holiday as 35 rounds of snooker played over two days.

I lost a boxing match with a pirate.

He had a vicious right hook.

Televised wrestling: In front of the cameras, they hate each other, putting on a show for the public, but behind the scenes they are good friends who are all in on it.

Government: Same.

Over the years I’ve come to love the sunflower as my favourite flower - But over a year ago I got very nostalgic for the flower I loved as a child growing up in South America. So much so, I built a time machine to enable me to relive those halcyon days once more. It took many months of hard toil to complete the build, until the day it was time for me to go ....

Back to the fuchsia.

My local pub asked me if I wanted to take part in a whiskey drinking competition..
                I knocked them back

What flys about and stinks of sh.t?

A stool pigeon

Police were called to the Wonderbra factory earlier today after a number of female employees started fighting.

A spokesman for the company said it was nothing more than a 'storm in a D cup'.

Comment

MAE ALL...wasn't able to boot up my laptop this morning and this is now attempt #5 since I got home from work! I was finally able to uninstall the last Windows update and so far so good. Will keep this short incase it crashes again. :rant:

Sam...have fun in Kentucky and I hope you get lots out of the seminar. Too bad you missed the derby, first time in history they disqualified the winner.

Mick...glad you survived the bimble. Another practice round before the big event? I just love watching new born calves, they are hilarious. Hope the cattle deters the fox visits. House is looking pretty clean but it's a never ending job. Snow just about gone! Our bank holiday isn't till the 20th so yes it was back to work for me today. For a quiet day it sure got busy in the afternoon.

Lav...well the psoriasis on my feet is not getting better so I picked up the Methotrexate today. Will let my GP now next week as I'll have to start monthly blood work to check my liver. I'll stay on it till after the psoriasis is cleared up then I'll stop it again. My RA doctor would prefer I stay on it but tough.

It looks like the uninstall worked but I'll sign off with wishing everyone a good night while I still can LOL.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

Got some good time in weeding my raised beds so I can finally get some flower seeds planted.
                    YB is not happy because they have delayed his surgery one day due to scheduling conflicts with the doc & hospital. He really got irritated by that call & it took me half the day to convince him that it's no big deal, geez. I know he's nervous but there's no need to ruin everyone's day. He finally settled late this afternoon.

Mick, glad your weather is holding up for your bimbles
                    Obviously you've never dealt with the average psycho bride who doesn't seem to care about anything or anyone but herself & what she wants, LOL
                    I hope you never get into bridal sales, haha!

Sam, we are very paranoid about ticks here. YB had Lyme disease almost 20 years ago & he was a real bear. He ended up in the hospital on IV antibiotics, it wasn't fun. Be careful out there! Enjoy your trip to Kentucky, nice change of scenery for you.

PQ, I just updated my laptop too but I haven't had any problems.....so far. I hope yours is happier now.
                    One of my good friends is on Methotrexate for RA, has taken it for years along with Plaquenil. Th elast time I saw her she said she was off the Plaquenil now & doing OK.
                    I understand your feelings about Methotrexate, my mom was on it in the mid 80's for chronic myelogenous leukemia. It's a tough drug to deal with, for sure :hug:

Hello to Det, Pauly, Cyn & everyone.
                    Have a nice night all.

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

morning all..I have just spent the last 20 mins watching the calves in the field ...they ar brill ...they are all lying with their mothers ..then one stirs and they all get together running about the field like a bunch of daft kids..you can see the mothers going ..jeez can you not give it a rest... loom doing this on my phone.. there is a problem with internet..it isn't logging in properly..and to crown it all the kettle has broken..got to go and get another one..no brew isn't acceptable

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...kettle breaking is worse than me forgetting to stock up on coffee. Hope the internet got sorted. When's your next practice hike or are you just going to wait for the big one?

Hope everyone had a good day, I'm off to make something to eat, I'm starving.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

It was a good day. I managed to avoid catching the depressive vibes in the air around here, geez. Someone is pretty miserable here & I refuse to catch that sh*t
                          But, still it was a good day, everyone survived. Funny (not funny) story - YB went out to his desk area in his garage. He opened the cabinet door above his desk to get something & the whole darn cabinet fell off the wall, bringdown the wall mounted TV with it - OMG!
                          He texted me HELP! I ran out & found him trapped in his desk chair with the TV on his head & the cabinet on top of his desk, contents spilled out all over the place.
                          I swear I think it was the Universe telling him to stop his complaining!!! That cabinet has been hanging on that wall since the garage was built, why would it fall today?
                          Can't wait to see what the rest of the week brings LOL

Mick, hope your internet is fixed by now.
                          The Amish folks down the road from us have a whole bunch of tiny lambs right now. I love driving by them, so cute.

PQ, what did you have for dinner?
                          I tossed some Italian sausage, pasta, tomatoes, tomato paste & seasoning in the IP. When it was done I stirred in some dairy free mozzarella shreds - yum

Hello to the rest of our crew & hope everyone has a good night!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Ahoy hoy ABerooooos!

back from looking at cars in the rain... between a Nissan Murano and a BMW 535Xi I know... so very different.
                            Do I want to be practical or do I want to act out on a mid-life crisis? LOL

Lunch date was fab and lasted 4 hours. At the end we shared an epic hug that we didn't want to end... that's a pretty
                            darn good sign I'd say and we've been texting like teenagers.

Dinner was also fab and I'm glad I didn't chicken-out as we had a lovely time and it was so nice to hang out with Dx again.
                            i'm grateful that we can be friends after all we've been through.

And... drumroll please.... I discovered a superb Italian deli called 'Eataly' at 'the park MGM'. they about had to call a SWAT team
                            to get me out of the place... danger! my new 2nd home I'd say.

Lav, pics of your flowers? what a comedic tragedy with YB... wow.

Mick, broken kettle? that's an official disaster in England I'm sure. Calves sound very cute, like all baby animals I suppose.

PPQ, what did you make?

ok, time to figure out some chow for me too it would seem.

be well loves
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Mae all - sorry to be away, very busy times here...

Mick, the hikes sound wonderful! I live in a fabulous place for hiking (part of the Appalachian Trail) but because of my schedule (and ticks) I rarely get out there. I have been watching the calves and lambs on the farms around here - so adorable. I just can't eat beef after watching those adorable creatures, and I finally convinced my husband to stop with the lamb chops... he said he never connected the food to actually lambs!!! RE: Annie Grace, I (like Det) am a big fan of brain research and info, so the information about how AL changes out brains and bodies is fascinating. Helps to be reminded that it is a poison, and hugely addictive, and the rest of western culture seems to like turning a blind eye to those facts.

Lav, wow the universe was really sending a message! I'm glad I have the chance to wish you both well for tomorrow (do I have my days right?) I know even the drive there will not be particularly pleasant, good luck!!! Glad to hear about your embroidery going well. Re: cars, my 118,xxx mile VWWagon has just been cleared for our coast-to-coast drive, whew. Say hi to the chickens for me...

Pauly, whassup? Miss hearing from you...

Det, well aren't you just enjoying life to the max? Great to hear, congrats!

PPQ, sorry about the snow and the computer problems! I hope you get a good Spring Break coming your way soon. How did the stroganoff turn out?

Sam, sounds like thing are hopping for you, great. We have an abundance of ticks here this year... 2 years ago we had a bumper crop of acorns, which means more mice, which means more ticks, so we have been bracing ourselves for this. I use a home-made cedar oil spray on myself and my clothes when I work outside, and shower and put my clothes in the dryer immediately when I come inside... so far it has worked for these last few years... anything but Lyme disease...

I may not be able to post everyday for awhile; we move in a little over 3 weeks, and depending on the house sale, we may have to disburse things, or not... we have a business trip abroad for 8 days just days after we move in... not sure where the dog will end up for those days.... then I will get in the car with my beloved across-the-street neighbor and my dog and start driving to the west coast... so lots to figure out and accomplish. I will drop in as I can - cheers to all -

Hello to SK, Pi, Nar and all others visiting today...

Happy Hump Day -

Comment

Working...
                              X