may 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

may 12

mae all how are we then all good ? temps here today 21 degrees infunny money ..its lovely did a bit in the g helping ...went down to Julies dads ,and did a bit ,went shopping started my idea for the front drive ..and went for a 5 mile walk ...not long but all up steep hills ...lactic acid burn ouch!!
    hope we are all doing good...Julie away to pilates so Im in charge of tea....
    take care all...

Since he died, I still haven't been able to find out what AKA Bilk's real name was.

I have OCD. Or, as i call it, CDO. I like to have things in alphabetical order, no idea why..................

The hardest thing about being a narcissistic vampire is trying to look at yourself in the mirror.

Liverpool are the first city to go car free thanks to all the thieves

Just had a Birthday card from the tax man, wishing me " many happy returns".
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: may 12

MAE ALL...

Mick...I'll see your 21 and raise you 24. Glorious day here, you'd think it was summer. Cooler temps next week but still in the mid teens. Turning on the irrigation system for the community garden on Wednesday, the only day without rain forecast. LOL Sounds like you had a active day, mine was more laid back, which is ok as it is my day.

Hope all the mom's had a great day....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening folks,

I think I have all the rain & cold temps here. We’ve had about an inch of rain so far & it’s 45 degrees
      Not exactly a nice outside day, haha!

Mick, you’re really working hard, good for you!

PQ, a laid back day sounds nice. Mine has been full of laundry, cooking & dressing changes, LOL
      My son & grandson did stop by to pick up their dog.

In my spare time I found some interesting posts on Facebook - thought I’d share one with you:
      CB5C8CCE-E950-4161-8C61-BDD32BB064B9.jpeg

Hello to Cyn, Det, Sam, Pie, SK & Pauly!

I hope everyone has a good evening.
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all -

Just read back and wow what a lot of life going on!!

Pauly, so good to see you drop by!

Mick, awesome job on the training, you are really making it happen. Wish I could tag along! (for a mile or so, lol). Sending your brother peaceful vibes.

PPQ, glad you are going with the IP. When I started, I found a site with "42 IP recipes" or something like that, and I just worked through them. You'll soon get the hang of it. I agree with Lav, it's worth the extra few minutes to brown things before the pressure cook. Good luck and have fun!

Det, awesome news about the dates... and good job cleaning up the apartment. I bet you were happy you did that... (wink)

Sam, sounds like you are busy being active indoors and out. Huge congrats on your 6 AF years, bravo!

Lav, so relieved that you are now beyond the "waiting" stage. Sorry that YB is cranky now... I don't know how you handled that attitude from patients all those years... good luck with your current patient. Sorry to hear they had to take some lymph nodes... but better to be aggressive, I'm sure. Hope you are having some decent "me" time - maybe you'll have to go out and hang with the girls! PS, we shared your cold incessant rain yesterday, but Saturday was gorgeous here - one of the most spectacular spring days I can remember. Hopefully today's rain will help out the grass that I have been seeding...

Well, things really heated up on the house sale... had one offer, which we countered, then in the middle of that had another high-stress showing which resulted in another offer, which we are in the midst of working through. If this goes, we will move June 3rd, clear the rest of the furniture (a lot!) from the house for a June 7th closing, and leave for the overseas gig on June 9th. Return the 18th, start driving west with the dog on the 26th and be away until the end of August. All good energy sent will be gratefully accepted. I mean, this is my line of work, but this time frame is even pushing my limits! So I will be in and out, but always so happy to read about how everyone is doing...

Cheers all, and wishes for a wonderful week to come.
        PS, yesterday at a breakfast restaurant up in the hills that we love, we sat next to an Appalachian Trail hiker - 21 years old... I felt like I had found a long-lost grandson! We had a great chat with him, and then drove him back to where he could get back on the trail... I worried about him all day in the cold rain... and sleeping in a lean-to, with no fire. (Because CT doesn't allow fire pits on the AP!). Ah well, youth...

Comment

morning all
          what a wet sopping day, back into a rain pattern. Reckon I'll do a little bookkeeping and record work.

TG, I've been trying to do bits and parts of the AT when time allows. Beautiful trail, we caught in a couple days of rain last time up there.

Lav, enjoyed you FB "memo". I think there's a lot of that condition, and it seems very prevalent on PA ave in DC.

Mick, any luck on the detecting these days?

off to do the do, be well friends....
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae..all I hate to do this but it is 26 degrees here..as you can see I'm on my phone..had a busy mornin first light the was a fox hiding in the long grass outside the fence..no long grass no more after that I scrubbed the fascia boards on the front of the house....and now I've planted 2 miniature apple trees
            His Sam .no the detecting season is virtually over....most of the farmers are cropped up now
            TG sending you the very best you sound seriously busy I'm enjoying the walking ..out tomorrow..a step one but short distance then out again Friday best to you

Hiya laverne how are you doing .hows by doing hope all is well yep im busy .thru choice tho not always my choice
            Hiya ppqp . You ok hope so . Right fingers getting tired so will bid you farewell
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Exhausted but happy greetings ABerooos!

Lav, that's too funny hope you catch a break with you know who.

Did an EPIC hike/climb yesterday which took most all the day and involved climbing up and down cliff sections by rope. I'm one seriously
              exhausted puppy and a bit sunburned but it's all good healthy stuff so thumbs-up here.

PPQ, i didn't even read the instructions on my IP (typical guy) I just threw food in it and started pressing buttons and... it worked great.
              Imagine if I actually learned to use it properly?

After hike I helped cook Mum's day dinner for a multiple-family get-together which was grand.

Apparently my date enjoyed her last visit to my ghetto-pad as she's spending tonight and tomorrow night with me. yay! don't mind
              me, I'm a bit dreamy. Ok, downright sappy.

Mick, good to see you are still setting new records for a productive lifestyle... inspirational for sure.

Treegirl, the house thing sounds stressful but you appear to be keeping yer chin up. great.

well, lunchbreak almost over, gotta scram

be well loves
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings friends,

Yes we had another rain soaked chilly day here. Looks like tomorrow will be a repeat for the most part.
                I needed a break today so took a ride to visit my elderly friend. She just turned 87, lives alone & enjoys the company. Her vision is not good for reading anymore so I bought her a set of books on CDs & a player so she can just sit & listen to the stories.
                YB was grouchy so he needed some time alone, haha. He has another small surgery scheduled for tomorrow afternoon & that should be the last of the cutting - at least for now. Still awaiting biopsy results from last week.

Det, you sound deliriously happy, good for you

Cyn. Wow you are a busy girl. I hope the buyer comes thru for you & you can get on the road without any stress.
                I just saw a weather map predicting a very wet June, July & August for my area, ugh. It looks drier up north though.
                I’ll be thinking of you during your busy times!

Mick, still on the phone huh? That’s hard on the fingers, haha!
                I just posted a picture on FB of a fox I saw running around at the gas station an hour ago. I think they’re taking over the world!!!

Sam, get ready for a super damp summer if that weather map I saw is accurate. It must give the farmers extra headaches!

PQ, as soon as my life slows down I will stitch up that sweatshirt for you, promise! Hope your day was a good one.

Hello to Pauly & the rest of the gang.
                Wish me & YB luck again for tomorrow. Have a nice night everyone.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

mae all...how are we today then?good I hope ..well the weather is looking good again today..it is gorgeous...just cut the grass ,so garden looks good ..it always does once cut ...bit fortunate too ...the lady up the road (the one who is turning her garden round ,asked me if I wanted any of the rock from her garden otherwise it was getting skipped ...I took the lot ...there are 2 of them are drilled for water to go thru as a feature .Again thoughts in my head ,plus any spare stone will go up to Amys garden.
                  ok time for a quick brew..

hiya Lav ..how are you doing ...ok hopefully ...best of luck for today...and here is some sun for you..as for the fox..heard it again last night....I was speaking to my friend on the farm about the foxes ,,..a few ideas given.Glad you had a good day with your friend

hiya Det ...good for you matey ..nice trek?theres no roping in minee ,,,just straight walking /climbing..though wouldnt mind a bit of abseiling!! have a look at this ..my friend is climbing this on his 70th birthday for charity ...raising funds for cancer.

Old Man of Hoy - Wikipedia

glad the ip worked mate ..even ifyou didnt read the destructions!!and a date ..hey man nothing wrong with being soft ..people kinda mix that up with getting weak !!not the case..so you enjoy it buddy .

hiya sam the man ...how are you doing mate?hope all is well with you.
                  hiya ppqp ,treegirl pauly ,etc

A DEA officer called at my farm...
                  “I need to inspect your farm for illegally grown drugs”, he said.

“By all means officer, just don’t go in that field over there”, I replied.

The DEA officer exploded, saying “Do you know who the fck I am?! I have the authority of the federal government with me!”, he shouted before pulling a badge out of his back pocket, “Do you see this fcking badge?! This badge means I can do what I want and I’ll go wherever the fck I want, have I made myself clear?!”

I nodded politely, apologized, and went about my chores. A short while later, I hear loud screams, looked up and saw the DEA agent running for his life being chased by my angry rodeo bull. With each step, the bull was gaining ground and he seemed sure to be gored before he reached safety. The officer looked terrified and continued to run for his life.

I threw down my tools, immediately ran to the edge of the fence and shouted at the top of my lungs,

“Your badge, show him your fcking badge!”

I was at this dinner when this snobby old biatch barked at me,

"Will you pass the sweetcorn!"

"Certainly Madam, " I replied, "probably in my next sh.t. "

There's one thing I've never been able to understand about asteroids... How exactly do they enhance your performance?

"Certainly," I replied. "My wife's best friend on Monday and Tuesday, my secretary Wednesdays and Thursdays, the cleaner on Friday night and the babysitter over the weekend."

"Very nice," said the doctor. "But when I asked if your affairs were in order...."

I always refer to my old school teacher as a terrapin....

She tortoise....

Comment

Hi Kids,

Popping in to congratulate Sam on crossing the River Six! Nice going, my friend!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Thought I'd better check in. After a glorious day Sunday it went down hill from there. Started feeling sick, cold/flu too much sunshine? Who knows. Tossed and turned all night and then went into work Monday morning. Ended up coming home a couple of hours later and then slept most of the day. Unfortunately that just managed to screw up my sleep last night. Good thing I like to read. Managed to last the day at work, wore my jacket as I couldn't get warm. A bowl of chicken noodle soup and I'm going to hit the hay again. Sorry I haven't read back but my eyes are burning and I have a whopper of a headache. Hopefully I'll feel better in the morning as we're supposed to do a work bee clean up in the garden tomorrow night. Hope you all have a restful evening.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hi all -

Great news on the garden, Mick. I love stones.

Sam, good luck staying dry.

PPQ, wow, that's a nasty bug, hope you feel better.

Lav, so glad you got out of the house -- so sweet to take your friend CDs. Hope the cutting today was OK.

Det, happy man, sounds great.

Pauly. Hey there.

Nice to see you Pie.

Hello to all else. Running as usual, off to NYC tomorrow for the day (new dentist). Take care all...

Comment

Greetings friends,

Today's cutting went well ~ the surgeon has some great skills & doesn't mind me nosing around, haha!
                          YB also had stitches removed from the first spot done two weeks ago. He'll be going back next week & the week after to have all the rest of the sutures removed. Still awaiting the pathology report from last week's procedure. Time will tell I guess.
                          Rained off & on again today but it's supposed to clear up for the rest of the week. That would be nice

Mick, we have lots of field stones around here if you feel like digging them up, haha! Everyone uses them in their landscaping, it's nice.

Pie, hello to you!!!

PQ, I sure hope you feel better soon. I have no patience being sick, makes me feel like I'm wasting my time or something. Hope tomorrow is much better for you.

Cyn, have a safe trip to NYC. You need to find a dentist a little closer I think, LOL
                          I'm going to have to call my friend tomorrow & see if she remembered the instructions for using the CD player. She has some serious STM deficit - much worse than mine

Hello to Det & everyone else.

Have a good night everyone.
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

mae all...how are we today then?all good ? yet another glorious day here...yesterday it was 23 degrees...Im out hiking on Friday so that should be interesting .Got quite a bit done in the garden front and back .Isaw this book and read it ..I just wondered ifitwas on you tube..it was ...well worth looking at this ...how true to life.

BOOK REVIEW,THE LADYBIRD BOOK OF THE HUSBAND - YouTube

20190515_075541.jpg

20190515_075625.jpg

20190515_075138.jpg

download.jpg

hiya ppqp...how are you feeling today then?hope the headache has gone..work bee! so youve got a major garden clean up?hope it goes well for you ..

hiya tee gee ..bet of luck at the new dentist ..when you say new I presume you mean new to you ,and not new in practice ...hope its the former!!Im already thinking of a water feature for the front with the drilled stones !!

hiya Lav ,how are you then? glad the cutting out went well ..did you ever as a nurse go to an autopsy? I have no patience being sick...no kiddin? that would never have crossed my mind !! there just isnt enuff hours in the day...

hiya piehow are you doing ? you got a lot of dogs to mind atm?

big shout to everyone else ...

BBC camera man dies after falling out of a tree in africa.
                            He had climbed the tree to get closer to film several lions mating .

They do say Pride cometh before a fall.

I've just moved into a Green Belt area.

Everyone I've met is half decent at karate.

"Trump administration proposes $7.1 billion funding cut to Education Department"

They're shutting down the gender studies departments at seven universities.

Female: "Can we play my favourite game tonight?"

Male: "But we play 'Guess Why I'm Upset' every night".

Did you hear the one about the spiritual medium window cleaner? He contacts the dead on a squeegee board.

I'm ex forces me.

Parcel Force to be precise.

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Just us today Mick? I’m OK with that, haha!
                              Your garden looks very nice & the bunnies have a fun looking play yard for sure.
                              It was sunny & dry here today so maybe I can get out tomorrow & do some work too. I’m waiting for the mud to dry up a bit first.
                              I was sent to observe two autopsies as a student nurse. One was one a newborn, it was so sad, I’ve never forgotten it either.
                              My patient did something to cause his new incision to bleed today but he swears he didn’t lift anything. I’m not so sure about that
                              Following instructions is not in his DNA if you know what I mean.
                              I went out to lunch with a friend today, that was a nice break.

Not much else going on.
                              I’ll just wish everyone a nice night!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X