may 26th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

may 26th

mae all...wow...that was a pretty crap night ...woke up about 2 ..felt like a bag of spanners ,...got up because I couldnt sleep and watched the dawn come in ...Busting headache ,and obviously a bit weary ..no doubt I will fall asleep later..Pouring with rain here,rabbits aint impressed.Been up in the loft doing a bit on the railway just to keep bizzy..dont know where this lot has come from..Lav ..you aint got a doll of me that you keep stickin pins in do you?You need to get that bp sorted .....You take care ....I mean that.
    Hiya Det ...sounds like you are enjoying life....good for you matey..
    hiya ppqp...how are we doing then?hope all is well ..how is the leg?Is it healing?I hope so .:thumbsup:
    hiya pauly ..you good girl?
    tee gee ..have you had your sale yet?

take care folks..

When I turned 55 I decided to cash in the personal pension I've been paying into since I was 23, pay off my mortgage, get an extension on the house, and maybe buy a quality used car.
    I got my pension statement today.
    Anyone know what day Dominos Pizza does 2 for 1?

The wife and I were out for our anniversary dinner.

The waiter came up and asked me, "Sir, how did you find the pork belly ?"

"We met 25 years ago in some pub."

My mate said he wanted to give up smoking so had booked in to see a Hypnotist.

I knew which one he was going to see and warned him I said " that bloke's dodgy mate he's been done twice for fraud and embezzlement"

He ignored me and went anyway, I knew the guy was a fraud he's not cured his smoking habit , although weirdly my mate's signed his house over to him and now screams "arse badger" at anyone holding a balloon.

They're even pinning blame on Theresa May for our poor performance in the Eurovision song contest.

Fck me, she wasn't in the background dancing was she?

Re-create your very own Spice Girls concert by rubbing some polystyrene on your front room window.

An amazing new Elixir of youth has been Invented in Spain .

Made from the bodies of crushed dead bull fighters it's called oil of Olé.

i asked my wife, "What rhymes with orange ?"

She replied, "Nothing."

I replied, "No, Nothing doesn't rhyme with orange."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: may 26th

MAE ALL...

Mick...sounds like you got hit with something. You take it easy and I hope you feel better soon. Leg is feeling a bit better this morning, got it wrapped and going to try and keep it elevated. Really want this swelling to stop. Not raining today so going to pop over to the community garden later just to check on things.

Have a Super Sunday all and I'll check in again later....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick musta been in the air cuz my sleep was bad too! Up and down just bleh,well probably both sleep well tonight hopefully PQ,just keep doing what you're doing with the leg, hopefully it'll continue to improve,waves to all and wishes for a great BF Sunday!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

how do all,
        Mick, hope you're on the mend, and you too PQ.

suppose to be another round of bad storms in the area, fortunately they have not been too bad in our locale. Played at a memorial yesterday afternoon and a storm came up, fortunately equipment didn't get too wet. We moved inside and it was, more people joined in and sang.

working on cleaning up some bee equipment today then this evening play with a different group of folks. That time of year!

I was thinking about it yesterday, how it came to staying sober and being rid of that monkey on my back. I remember what really spoke to, Allen Carr's book on quitting. Reading that really solidified my desire to stop.... oh no, funder in the distance, gotta run clean up my project!
        later, have a good all
        Last edited by Samstone; May 26, 2019, 01:25 PM.
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Well I didn't sleep much last night either. What's up with all of us???
          I did have a much improved B/P today so now I just need to figure out how to keep it that way. This was not an unusual event for me, it's happened a few times before but that doesn't make it less scary. I decided to just be grateful today & not question too much.
          We made our way over to our daughter's house today so YB & SIL could get that wiring job done. It's still not quite finished but one more trip should do it, LOL
          This is the headache of working on very old houses - been there & done that before. I had a great visit with my girls & we cooked some good chicken & turkey burgers on the grill so everyone was well fed. My granddaughter can put away more food at a sitting than I can now, haha!!

Mick, I hope you are catching up on some decent sleep
          We had storms predicted but nothing really developed. I could hear distant thunder but nothing else.

Sam, it seems like we are under constant threat with these storms, don't you think?
          Glad to hear you are getting out to play. I never read Allen Carr's book but I'm glad it made a difference for you & likely many others.

Pauly, with fingers crossed we will all catch some decent sleep tonight.

PQ, glad to hear your leg is improving. Do you have any venous problems? Have you experienced swelling in that leg before? Just wondering. I'd still keep up with the Ace wraps & keep it elevated as much as you can.

Hello to the rest of our crew & wishing a nice night for all - Really!!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

how do all,
            taking a bit a lazy morning. played tunes till late last night, my fingers are actually sore, getting ready for Mt. Airy in NC. Got most of my frames cleaned and relaxed for my bees so now that the sun is out, going to go see what the little ladies have been up to. Everything sure is wet outside, looks like we have stayed in our rainforest mode here in our area.

so off to it, hope everyone is doing well, and better!
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

happy unhung Monday ABerooos!

** Shared album - Xring007 - Google Photos

Yes, pictures of Valley of Fire here in Nevada. What an amazing and beautiful place to hike/climb/picnic and we did loads of that.
              A great workout and great picnic too.

I for one actually slept like a bloody rock for once. weird. but I'm A OK with that.

Mick, maybe the universe is trying to get you to just slow down a tiny bit? rest up mate... more adventures ahead.

Pauly, any fun plans?

Lav, sounds like good family and food fun. can't beat that

Sam you are sounding super. So glad you are getting to exercise your talents, wish I could catch a show!

PPQ, glad the leg is improving. no increase in redness or pain?

going to watch the very romantic movie 'zombieland' with my lady friend today. LOL

off for more java...

be well loves!
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

hiya all..how are we today then?all good ...?glad to report slept well last night ,tho woke up about 4.30 am..Twas pouring with rain this morning ,but its cleared up now.I need to sort my tomatoes out ...I have about 40 plants of various varieties ..anyone want some.?
                ok lets have a cuppa Rosie Lee..mind you over there its all Java Joes..The politics over here are very similar to yours ..jeez whats hapnin in this mad world?

hiya Lav...hows you today then?good I hope ...glad the bp is doon ..all you have to do is keep it that way !so you heard the sound of distant thunder but nothing came of it?you sure it wasnt the sound of distant drums? Im sure we could do a song about that!!

hiya sam you ok .? yep Im doing some b ....cleaning too..enjoy the gigging mate ...

hiya pauly ..hows you then> di you sleep better >? it must have been something in the air ......said Phil Collins ...

hiya ppqp...hows you then?hope you are well ..wow keeping that leg elevated ,must be so uplifting...did you go to the community garden? you take care today...

hiya everyone else..

I took my 3 month old into the baby changing room at Asda, but there were no other babies there so I kept him.

An Englishman, Irishman and Scotsman walk into a bar.
                A little Welshman runs in after them shouting, "Oy! What about us Boyo? 22 years of devolution and we still don't get recognition in these jokes."

I can't believe how ungrateful my wife is. I go to the trouble of buying her a birthday present and she just shouts at me because it's not what she wanted and I haven't even wrapped it myself.
                I thought she liked fish and chips.

I had a traditional English Sunday morning breakfast today.

Three quarters of a pint of flat Stella and a half eaten cold chicken Tikka Masala.
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Quiet Memorial Day around here but that’s fine with me
                  I actually washed my car, vacuumed the inside & got all the nasty little boy footprints off the back of the front seats. Why won’t they keep their feet on the floor where the belong? I just might install ankle restraints back there, LOL

Det, outstanding pictures :welldone:
                  Looks like you had an excellent adventure. I am happy for you!

Sam, I think you are actually getting the rain that they predict for us but doesn’t seem to make it here.
                  Glad you are playing music & enjoying the weekend.

I also slept somewhat better last night. How about you Pauly?

Hello to Cyn, Pie, SK & anyone stopping by.

Have a nice night everyone!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sam...did Allen Carr also write the book on quitting smoking? He had some interesting thoughts on changing your mind thinking. It does sound like your staying in the rainforest mode, all the more reason to play into the night and take it easy in the morning. I wish you lots of luck with your bees as they are definitely needed these days. Mt Airy must be your next surveying job right? Glad you were able to have a lazy morning.

Pauly...hope you had a better sleep last night. Yup keeping up my foot routine, doesn't hurt it's just frustrating. Seeing the Doc on Wednesday so will see what she says.

Lav...glad to hear you B/P was better yesterday, how was it today? As far as the leg I don't have an venous issues and have never had swelling in my legs before. I'll keep up with the wraps. I'm wondering if my biologic for my Rheumatoid Arthritis is affecting things. I know it's harder for me to fight off infections but that seems to have cleared up. Will see what the Doc says. Forgot it was your Memorial Day weekend but it sounds like you were productive.

Det...great pics, thanks for sharing. Sounds like you had a lovely day. All that fresh air and exercise will definitely help with the sleep. No increase in redness and very little pain, more like the skin just feels tight, we will see. So I didn't realize "Zombieland" was a romantic movie. LOL

Mick...glad you got a better sleep. 40 Plants!!! Thanks but I'll pass, I've decided no tomatoes in my garden. They grow like wildflowers in our soil and everyone gives them away. I'd rather use the space for other veggies. Well we had summer here today, 22 Celsius, lovely. Of course will have to keep an eye on our Grow A Row (or 6) and keep it well watered. I popped over to the garden on Sunday just to check things out, my plot renter decided he's not coming till Friday so I'll wait to see what he has to plant and then put a couple of my own rows in. One of the other garden members gave me a potato with lots of eyes so will be planting a couple of hills.

The oven is beeping at me, the salmon is ready! Have a restful night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

morning all
                      another drizzling morning, suppose to clear on out.

PQ, Mt Airy is the location of a fiddle festival in N.C. The town is Andy Griffith's home town and was the model was Mayberry. Not sure if you ever watch that 60's comedy but it is pretty popular here, at least for my generation. Anyway, I have been before, it's a fun festival, lots of good music.
                      Allen Carr did write a book about how to quit smoking. I believe it was his first. Did you read that? I just bought a copy for friend that is a heavy smoker, wanting, can't, tried patches, etc. I figured this might help??

well, off to the mines, hope everyone is moving and grooving!
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hello friends,

Thanks for your patience with my absence... hopping days here.

Lav, how's the BP? Hope that gets under control.

Mick, I have a shipment of "stuff" headed your way... it might take awhile to get through customs, but you'll have a good time exp,aiming it all to Julie.

PPQ, good luck with healing your leg... sounds like there a few things going on with you - take care.

Det, happy man. Makes me smile. Haven't opened the pics, but I will. Sounds like my kind of place!

Pauly, SO nice to hear from you - what's up with Kell, the boys? Sorry, some day I will look again at FB.

Sam, glad that you mentioned Alan Carr, and the joys of being free... sometimes easy to forget that horrible burden. I haven't read that book, but Annie Grace quotes him a lot, so I am intrigued. The Brain part of recoverying one's life is interesting. Good luck with the bees and dealing with the rain.

Sale went well - the big things all went, curiously. Now I have a million small things to disburse... errr get in the mail to Mick...

6 days to the move. I had better get at it! Big hugs to all -

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sam...I grew up watching the Andy Griffith Show too. Well, a Fiddle Festival sounds a lot more fun than a surveying job! LOL Hope you have good weather for it. Yup, read the quit smoking made easy book but I wasn't quite there yet. A co-worker gave it to me and she's been smoke free for 30 years.

TG...glad to hear the sale went well. I think getting rid of the big things is good. I think it'd be hilarious if you shipped everything else to Mick. 6 days, I can't believe it especially remembering when you were getting ready for your first showing.

It's going to be hot and sunny here today so will be in the garden watering when it cools off. Everyone with rain please send it to Northern Alberta. Gotta get those wild fires out so people can go home. Have a great day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all ..how are we today then? all good I hope..took all my locos to the dealers to get serviced ...its easy if you have no electrics fitted ,but mine all have..so rather than risk it I will let the professionals do it..was up at 5.30 this morning cleaning out the garage,Ive filled the van full of junk and I mean junk ..if Im chucking it they are worth nowt..hope everyone is well..

hiya ppqp...you ok?got sunshine today have you ...its bright weather here too.but blowing.Next door neighbour brought there rabbit last night ..the wifes sister was keeping it till they got settled..its a white lionhead.

hope leg is ok .

hiya tg ...thanks for the shipment good job I cleaned the garage out to take it. lots of room for the small goodies too...6 days and counting ......

hiya Sam..fiddle festival eh?that or surveying ....no contest....

hiya everyone else...have a good day.

Went to what I thought was a christening but halfway through the vicar tipped a load of sht tasting lager over the poor baby. Turns out he was being fostered.

Over the weekend I signed a £200k a week contract to join Manchester City next season as their new striker.

Just need them to sign it now.

I've just woken from a coma I've been in for almost three years.

So, did brexit go smoothly,then?

Dr Watson broke into compare the market and murdered Aleksandr oleg and sergei .
                            He put their bodies in jelly topped it with custard, cream and chocolate sprinkles and served it to Holmes.

Whats this "my dear watson?" said holmes .
                            Watson replied " A meer trifle my good man a meer trifle".

The early years in the Wayne mansion:

Bruce Wayne: ”How do we combat crime in Gotham?”

Alfred: ”Education, mental health services, economic development, prison reform services, community outreach ...”

Bruce Wayne: ”I know, I’ll beat them with my fists”.

20190528_145010.jpg

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Well we currently have severe storm warnings up, also flood & tornado warnings - geez, do we get to pick our poison here?
                              Just hearing a tornado touched down in the norther portion of our county. We've had one heavy rain storm move through so far.

Cyn, wow only 6 days left! I wish you happy moving & settling into your new place.
                              My B/P was an excellent 105/72 this morning, MUCH BETTER, haha! I hope it stays that way.

PQ, I hope you get some relief from the swelling soon. That can be harsh after a while. I was out to lunch with my old work friends today & one of them showed me a picture of her mom's very swollen legs. The poor thing is 92, diabetic & only has 19% kidney function left. So they know the reason for her edema.
                              We just had a half inch of rain from the first storm that rolled through, I'm sure there's ore on the way later.

Sam, we have satellite TV now & you can easily find Andy Griffith reruns
                              I'm happy to hear you are keeping that fiddle busy.

Mick, your peony is very pretty. I'm afraid to go out & look at mine after that rain we just had. The poor thing always gets beat up in the late spring storms.
                              I had to pick up a dead baby bunny last evening. Not sure what happened to it but I found it right after I chased a fox away from the chicken yard. Damn, I had hoped they would go somewhere else this year.

Hi to Pauly & Det.

Hope everyone has a nice night. Tomorrow YB gets the last of his sutures removed then I am OFF DUTY, haha!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X