Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June Army Thread 2019

Pinch punch and all that...........

Couldn't get a wink of sleep so decided to get up and watch some Law & Orders (US version) I recorded. Some of them are so old they don't have mobile phones. Settled down and did my cross-stitch and its been very soothing and watched a beautiful sunrise.
    Eyes are drooping now though.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Re: June Army Thread 2019

ALmost posted in May!!
    White Bunnies :love:
    [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - Im reading a very good book 'why we sleep' by Matthew Walker. Great reviews. Very scientific so far, you wont drink a cup of coffee after 11am again if you read it!

Welcome back [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION], we missed you.
    Sounds horrendous what you endured. Good that youve dusted yourself off again, back in control and you can put all of that shit behind you now.
    2 weeks is solid, how are you feeling?

lolling around in my PJs, because I can :happy2:. Id better get a wiggle on.....
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]-I spent much of last evening thinking of you! Posted on the May thread as well. I have no soothing words for you but that needle biopsy would send me right through the roof! GEEZ!!

Comment

Welcome back [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION], yes we missed you. :hug:

Now being the straightforward gal we know & love Bridge - wanna tell us more about the 5 day bender
        How did it feel ..... ?
        Did it feel like a complete relapse & that you were out of control ?
        Did it scare you that you did it?
        How did those around you react ?
        Have you sworn to yourself never to do it again.

Tell me to f*ck off if you like but I'm interested & scared in that order that that could happen to any of us...

Comment

Also interested bridge. And scared, how easily it can happen. How did you stop after 5 days?

Satz, how's YS doing?
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

[MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION] thank you for the kind thoughts.............yep it was a bit eye-watering to say the least. The worse thing is I can't shower or have a bath 'til Monday when the dressing comes off....its baby wipes at the moment......warning stand downwind if you see me.

I wondering if its a case of ' I haven't come across a situation yet'............

More questions..
            Does relapse teach us about our minds and how our bodies re-act?
            Why do some people finally throw in the towel and give up trying and accept they're never going to get well? I'm thinking of my friend Norm, here.
            How do some people get it spot on the first go?
            Back in the day, it would be the tiniest thing that would send me off on a bender not the big stuff.

Baffling comes to mind.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Deleted
              Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; June 3, 2019, 03:16 PM.
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Bridge, reading that account sounds like the most horrific thing a family can go through. I do not think I would have survived it as well as you did. The ongoing and protracted terror impacting every single area of yours and your boy's life is unbearable to read about let alone live. I can absolutely understand why at the end with all that had gone on you drank. And yet you allowed yourself to regroup and come back in a short space of time. I am full of absolute admiration for you. A strong lady and I salute you Bridge and want to give you a mahoosive hug :hug:

Comment

Re relapse. I am reading a book just now that said the longer we are sober the greater chance of relapse. Although this seems a negative statement, it is not really but it does suggest that without reframing our minds especially the subconscious about alc we risk forgetting where it takes us. This is very true for me. I have never relapsed into what I would call a bender per se. For me it is rather an escalating habitual mind and body altering lifestyle always with the same result which is depression, fear, loathing and ultimately considering whether my life is worth bothering with. I drink for 2 reasons only. Either to remove a feeling or to enhance it. My task is to believe in my core that alcohol does not provide me with either of these solutions.

Comment

Good morning Army!!

I won't apologize for being AWOL - just too much going on in Stirly-World and I didn't feel I could contribute much to the thread. However, after taking a quick peek yesterday, I see that the Army has some "issues". I had hoped that 2019 would be a better, less hectic year than 2019 but it looks like that's not the way it's going for many of us.
                    Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                    [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION] thank you for the kind thoughts.............yep it was a bit eye-watering to say the least. The worse thing is I can't shower or have a bath 'til Monday when the dressing comes off....its baby wipes at the moment......warning stand downwind if you see me.
                    Jackie - as Bridge or someone said - I won't say don't worry, because I would be worried myself. Maybe just try to put things into perspective as much as you can. It's good they found whatever it is and it is quite possible that it is just one of those natural things that occur with age. I could quote you about 5 examples right in my family and close friends so let's keep as positive as possible!! Hopefully you will have some decent weather and can spend time in the garden with Bess and a good book - always a good way to help you feel more relaxed!
                    Hope Mr. JC is recovering nicely. Not something easy to deal with either. Men are not the best of patients, no matter what is wrong with them!

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] - hope you get the surgery done and over with as soon as possible. I'm with the rest of them. You will be so relieved just to be pain-free. A neighbour of ours had a hip replacement done a couple of years ago. He was about 55 at the time - two months later he was back at the gym working out!

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]. Just a couple of thoughts - first of all - you are amazing! A horrendous thing to go through and hopefully the lad will recover quickly - re regaining his life and gaining back the lost weight. Our nephew went through something similar but was given bad advice by an inexperienced legal-aid lawyer and ended up in jail. I can imagine that your feelings when the case was dropped were totally overwhelming - a huge sense of relief that it was all over but also anger and resentment that someone could put you and your son through all that for nothing. I admire you greatly for coping as well as you did. The boy is lucky to have you as his Mom. Can anything be done to have this girl charged for the mental anguish she put you through? I'm sure you wouldn't want to go through charging her yourself but is there no legal action that the courts can bring against her for the damage she has done to so many people with her false charges?

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                    I wondering if its a case of ' I haven't come across a situation yet'............

More questions..
                    Does relapse teach us about our minds and how our bodies re-act?
                    Why do some people finally throw in the towel and give up trying and accept they're never going to get well? I'm thinking of my friend Norm, here.
                    How do some people get it spot on the first go?
                    Back in the day, it would be the tiniest thing that would send me off on a bender not the big stuff.

Baffling comes to mind.
                    I was wondering similar things myself. I have said that nothing could make me drink again and after some of the shit that has been thrown our way over the past two years, I believe that to be true. However, maybe as Jackie says, it's simply that I haven't yet come across the situation that would shake my belief. And hopefully I won't. I just came to the decision that drinking will solve nothing and I hated it so much in the end that I simply cannot imagine putting myself through that and having to deal with something that seems impossible to face. Not trying to sound preachy here - just that drinking was such hell for me during the last couple of years that I cannot imagine going there as an escape route. I hope I'm not misunderstood by what I've said.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] - a trip to Spain? Did I understand that correctly? Hopefully you will have weather warmer than what we have here in Greece. We are just finally getting what really feels like summer weather.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] - Hope YS is doing well. Sounds like Rosie is still the light in your lives. Doggers are the best! I still miss my Freddie even after 4 years.

Am off to hang the laundry and will be baccinabit. Wishing you all an enjoyable and relaxed Sunday!!
                    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Morning,
                      [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]........you are one Hell of a woman and what can I say about your son....... It would have been easy just to plead guilty to just get the world off his back and do the time but he stuck to his guns...you must be so proud.
                      Mr JC's (would you believe a legal aid lawyer) hopes that she gets prosecuted to the full degree............not only for the waste of police and other services waste of time but to put the fear of god into those that think they can get away with with false accusations. Regardless of her addiction excuse.
                      You are both amazing people, hold your heads up and the offer of a spare bed for a vacation here is still there. Tell him we're only half an hour away from one of the best surfing places in the country. Tynemouth.............its freezing cold even in the summer but we get people from all over the world. He can teach me.
                      We both send much love to you both.:hug:

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION].....good to see you as always. Can't believe its four years since Freddie went. We know its our last summer with Bess and she's gone back to puppy hood and really makes us laugh.

We're both supposed to go up to in-laws...its a big family do....a cousin and husband are over from the USA. I'm not going apart from the fact I can't wear a seat belt. The prodding and pulling of said boob has left it bruised and very sore so I can't sleep very well and tbh while I'm feeling very calm I'm not feeling very jolly. He'll tell his Mum.........she used to be matron (the days when it was a proper lion of a matron) in the hospital I was tested and I know I'll get a phone call later. I love her to bits.

Just taken a couple of mega- painkillers so getting sleepy. I'll be back.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Deleted
                        Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; June 3, 2019, 03:17 PM.
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I had a feeling that Mr JC was a solicitor, JC. Thanks for that. I think the dead giveaway was when she claimed victims compensation....the next day. I estimate that the case has cost tax payers hundreds of thousands of dollars, as well. Bitch.

Anyway, there are you with a bashed up boob, offering a surfing holiday. Bless you love. I'm sure you don't feel like a get together. Sounds like a hell of an excuse for a day in bed to me.
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                            Evening All,

Also very good questions [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION].

There are charges in relation to this - you can do jail time for making false statements, and I want her to.

I demanded via our solicitors that the DPP charge her. So far, they are refusing to do so citing case load. That’s not good enough for me. We can appeal but there are a few other issues with going forward -

The boy is seriously depleted and I’m not sure I can put him through more.

By the grace of God, the case did not reach any media. If we proceed, we might not be so lucky next time.

I am a huge believer in karma and with the girl’s drug use in mind, we might not have to wait too long…

At the moment we are working through a fear of answering the door and phone or checking the letterbox. Sounds peculiar but sometimes I will check the letterbox six times a day – or be too fearful to. That will pass.

We are also trying to repair our relationship as, to be honest, he was a complete bastard to live with through it all. Not that I blame him.

Mostly I resent the damage that things like this do to genuine cases of sexual assault.

THAT is unforgivable.
                            I agree with everything you've said, Bridge but my question is this and I need the same answer from the courts here in Greece - if she says that she lied - then IMVHO, it's a open and shut case. She had people charged by making false statements and she should be jailed. No hearing, no nothing - if the case was already dropped because she said she lied then it's an open and shut case. No need to involve either your boy or the others charged. End of story. We are facing a similar situation her. Soon to be former DIL was supposed to pay child support for three months as custody was given to younger son. She didn't, in clear defiance of a court order. Why should younger son have to bring charges against her and pay lawyers fees, etc.,? She should simply be charged by the court, thrown in jail as the law indicates for a father in arrears of child support and that is that. Sick to death of court hearings, witnesses, and psychiatrists who get paid to tell downright lies and a incompetent lawyer who has thrown son under the bus. And worst of all, you can't do a damn thing about it without paying a small fortune on legal fees and spending countless hours gathering information, then having people summoned for more court hearings, more lies told and so on and so on. Makes my blood boil. And this is a simple custody case. Think of other very serious cases that involve the same thing. Justice is a word I'm not sure I understand anymore.

Jackie - hope you get some rest. Just so you know - my friend who recently had a hysterectomy due to uterine cancer, also found out that one of her ovaries had a different kind of cancer so she underwent chemo. Just as chemo ended she had a scan and they discovered a lump in her breast. Sheer panic on her part. Turns out it was just a fatty lump and nothing at all to be concerned about. And my one aunt had many surgeries due to fibrous lumps in her mammies and my Mom too. I know every case is different but every anomaly is not necessary bad. Just saying, sweetheart. As for Bess, I love it when older animals act like kids - kinda reminds me of myself and my special friend. He recently - last Monday - had cataract surgery. It went well, thank goodness. Having his other eye done on Monday. He can see colours again!! :welldone:
                            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Oh I could not agree more [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]. My opinion is that the public prosecutors should not be allowed to say no.
                              Can you imagine if every attention-seeking ego maniac had a go at this?
                              Likewise there is no use making parenting payments mandatory and then not prosecuting for non payment. That is legislation with no teeth and is a waste of everyone's time and effort. If they would enforce such laws, people would comply with them. You must be furious.
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                              X