X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - June 2019

And to quote @paulywogg
    Oh shit it's June
    I forgot again! I'm sorry about that. But, I'm finally here with the kickoff. Let's make this a June to remember. Be Happy, Be Grateful, Be Positive. :heartbeat:

Last edited by NoraC; June 1, 2019, 01:33 PM.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Re: One Step at a Time - June 2019

Yesterday, I was all set to get June's thread up before I went to bed. Well, that obviously didn't happen. Ha, ha

Things are going ok here. I started the baclofen but haven't seen any improvement at all. I am frustrated with everything about my issues right now. I don't see any improvement from the meds I'm taking. I was hurting so bad the other night that I had a hard time even holding Savannah. Ok, rant over. I got over my pity party. I dusted off my exercise bike today and rode for 5 minutes. Will do more during the day. One Step at a Time, right?

Pauly - I would be a nervous wreck about Romeo and the stairs. Good thing you already had the baby gates you could give them right away. I wanted to tell you that I know the person you are referring to regarding the drinking posts of Facebook. I have been concerned about her too. It does seem like alcohol is a very prominent part of her life.
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
      Went out to the mounds today and still really hot, tried to stick to the shady trails, saw a deer. Dd2s boyfriend and his dad came over, he might buy my little truck, I never drive it, I sure miss my mini van that I sold before I moved. So the counselor does give me some worksheets and then we talk about them but it is nothing I havent seen before. I ordered some books today that go with the hip sobriety, I had some of them but not all.....Rusty, that is a long drive, I used to be able to drive drive drive, but 4 hours is hard on me now.....Nora, sorry the bac isn't working, is it supposed to work right away? Good on the exercise bike......Paulie, I'd be worried about those stairs to. I had some baby gates but mostly used them to keep the chickens from coming in the house but it didn't work very well as they would fly over them hahahahah

Comment

[MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION] - did you get any results from your MRI yet? :hug:
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thank you for starting us off so with our June thread, [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]. :heartbeat: I am SO sorry the Baclofen is not working for you! :-( Maybe an increase in dosage?

Hi to everyone else. I am off to northern WI until Tuesday night. Happy AF Sunday!

Comment

Morning friends,Rusty,safe travels Nora,is the baclofen supposed to start working immediately or does it take time? Have you ever tried the magnesium malate? I wonder if turmeric would help,I'm in a natural cures group on FB and turmeric comes up alot not trying to be a pain just don't want you suffering Bird,I got an email from the Naked Mind and their new class is nearly $1000 bux! I about shit my pants that's alot of money, especially when I'm not the greatest at reading or listening to live courses,I tend to zone out,most of the time when I'm on FB or Instagram I just scroll and look at pics haha,Lou is so excited about his new room he decorated it with Halloween decs he found in one of the moving boxes haha,I asked him how his first night was and he said"superb" then demanded I come and see his room woke up with a sore throat,,, beautiful,can't afford to be sick again but yesterday one of my coworkers came in sick and got close in my face to talk and I was just wincing thinking please get away! Much love to all and wishes for a happy and healthy AF Sunday!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi everyone. Pauly, I'm so glad that Lou had a 'superb' night. That is so dang cute. How's your throat? Bird, we usually have your hot weather but not this year. I'm sure it's coming but not here yet. Rusty, hope that your drive was uneventful.
              We left Mom alone today and snuck out to SuperCuts. We don't normally do this but luckily it worked out just fine. Of course, now I'm just about completely white on top and still have some color on the rest. I look like a blonde skunk.

I hope that everyone has a happy AF week. :checkin:
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning friends, interesting look Nora haha glad you two at least got away for haircuts,how's Savannah doing? Kells taking Romeo to the doc's today cuz he's acting sick again,that poor baby,I think he caught my allergy Gene and that's why he gets such frequent ear infections,the doc have him baby Zyrtec last time but I think Kell only uses it sporadically, probably should just give him a daily dose,throats still sore and Kell has it too, hopefully passes fast,I'm done with all sickness! Bird,whatcha got planned today? I wonder when Liz is coming back? Seems like she's traveled all of Europe and I just thought they were going to London, jealous.com over here Rusty,big waves much love and wishes for a happy and healthy AF Monday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi all,
                  Paulie, that is very cute about Superb hehe. It seems to me that little kids get sick a lot and pass it to the adults....Nora, that is very sneaky sneaking out hehe....well hip sobriety wasn't 1000 but damn near, over 700, seems like I've tried so many things, it is long though 8 weeks...nothing going on here, dd2 gets back Friday I can't wait. Watched some scary stuff on tv and let Bruno stay in to protect me, like he would, all the cats haul ass anytime I get a visitor. Seems like Liz has been gone a long time but maybe it has only been a few days, not sure.....have a good Monday!

Comment

Hi all. Stuck at work until 5:30 so long day today. I can't believe I used to work 10 hours all the time. I guess I'm spoiled since I've been leaving at 3:30 for so long. LOL I did actually use the exercise bike again tonight 7 minutes. Slow & steady wins the race, right? Ha, ha I'm just trying to be careful and not get things hurting worse so I'm just going to add a couple minutes a day. Now wasn't that the most interesting conversation that you have ever heard? :rotlf:

I've got to get Mom to bed..........brb nthego:
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Pauly - you really made me laugh about my interesting look. That's one way to put it. Ha, ha I'm with you with the jealous.com I'm glad that Liz is having a good trip.

Bird - I'll bet you are anxious for dd2 to get home. I would say that your class is well worth the money if it helps you. We sure spend money on other things so you might as well spend it on this.

Well - it's my bedtime now.

Have a happy Tuesday everyone.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good morning everyone, I have missed you all! I was up at 5 am, darn jet lag, but I read back here and there were some good conversations. [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], thanks for sharing about your uncle. I think [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] summed it up pretty well. Only we can help ourselves. You have given me a lot to think about today. [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], wow sick again? You're a real germ magnet. I laughed at "superb"! You're such a good mom helping out Kelly like you do. [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], do we ever stop doing for the little ones? I am excited for your daughter. How do u feel about her being four hours away? For me initially it was hard when they left, but honestly you get used to it. Parenthood is a journey ever changing. I felt like I would lose mypurpose in
                        life . It just changed. [MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION], sorry you've not been feeling well. I think maybe the baclofen just needs some time to kick in? I know my mom took it for her back in October. It took a bit. I saw your pics with your mom out. She looked so happy.
                        OMG, we had an amazing time. Italy is just gorgeous, everywhere you look! The food was amazing. Thankfully I didn't gain any weight I'm sure because we walked well over 5 miles each day! The week started cloudy and cool and ended sunny and warm. Just absolutely a perfect trip! Mark lives in a lovely area of London and I'm glad I finally got to see it, he was a good host. MIss my boy already. Did I post too many pictures? It was hard to choose the best ones. We traveled for 24 hours straight coming home, but honestly it went smoothly. Anyway tons of laundry now. Have a great AF Tuesday !
                        Last edited by Lizann; June 4, 2019, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Morning friends,Liz there's no such thing as too many pictures! I liked seeing places I'll never get to glad you made it home safe and sound,Nora I leave early too,id rather just start the day early and get it over with, especially with that shitshow shop Rusty hope things are great with you,Bird,I have empty nest syndrome even though two still live here,I miss raising my kids,I told Brady he's not allowed to move out til he's in his 40's hubs thinks I'm weird bit I don't care,I made a doc appt bit it's at 3:30 I'd hate to come all the way home then drive all the way back over there,it's not far but usually I just hit it after or before work I wanna cancel but I also want my throat checked cuz Rome's doctor said he has a throat infection that's contagious, maybe that's what I have,grrr, maybe I'll call and see if there's anything earlier,much love and hugs for a positive AF Tuesday!

Comment

Hi all,
                            Liz, glad you made it back safe and sound. Loved the pics and it wasn't too many. Really beautiful! Long flight though....as for dd1 being 4 hours away, well it is better than the other place she was looking at which was in Illinois.....Nora, I always hated to work late, or even work at all hahaha. It always seemed so useless, just for money. Good on the exercise.....Paulie, hope they give you something for your throat. I have empty nest too and my kids live in the same town. Really not sure I would like them back home though now that I think about it. They keep such late hours....nothing going on, have been listening to audiobooks while I swim each afternoon. Am getting some tomatoes ripe now from the garden. Hasn't rained here in forever and I have to water.....later

Comment

Welcome home, Liz!!!! You were missed. I am so happy that you had such a good time.

Bird - sounds wonderful relaxing in your pool

Pauly - how are you feeling?
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                              X