June 2~2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June 2~2019

Mae everybody, figured I'd kick us off since I haven't started a thread in ages haha much love to all and wishes for a great BF Sunday! Back later
    Last edited by paulywogg; June 2, 2019, 08:25 AM.
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Re: June 2~2019

Ahoy hoy ABeroooos!

Pauly, thanks for popping us over the horizon into a another fabulous AF day.

Goth concert with Darlene was super fun! We slow-danced to the hard-core dance music and to the creepy vampire type stuff as well LOL
    She was a goth girl in 'the day' and really dressed the part which was fun.

Going in extra early to work Monday as I'll be assisting with a media outfit coming in and doing video/photos for a magazine write-up. I'll be shooting footage as well
    for internal use. Too cool! life is indeed great and I'm so grateful to be present enough to really enjoy it without fear and anxiety over the dead past or the unknown future.

Mick, are you training for a marathon? at any rate you're an inspiration man. Truly.

... can't remember back to the previous thread.. LOL oh well. Recall all are doing well and/or healing up which is great.

I'm in an emotional dream-state here from all the goodness that I'm experiencing. it's hard to fathom this is the same brain that previously
    was so terribly tormented in so many agonizing ways. Thank you all again for your enduring support... what a lovely family I have

be well loves
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Glad you had fun at the concert Det and I'm happy that you're happy

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all how are we today then?good I hope...today has been ..in fact he weekend has been a bit of a pain...2 of my locos arent working correctly so they are going back to the shop on tuesday ,I ve ripped up thetrack and cut back the scenery on the top track of my railway..but itsgetting there ..and on top of that Ive changed the internet and provider to my phoneIt takes 3 days to sort ou ..but there is a great deal ..unlimited calls texts and internet data ..plus free use in 71 countries world wide ..including the USA...(handy for next year) all for £20 a month ...25 bux...
        Its really warm over here ..

hiya Pauly ,you ok?thanks for thread starting ...you been doing anything this weekend ?

hiya det ..wow what a guy..well done mate thats some change in you ..its not a dream mate is what you made ...dont lose it ..you are the master of that now.No I m not doing a marathon ,what it is theres a few of us that were in the army together ,do something yearly for charity ..forthe children of those lost in conflict ,dependants etc..If you recall last year we walked from Newcastle to Carlisle in 22 hrs ..some 88 ks non stop ..we raised £8000.
        This year this is the one we are doing ....

The Fan Dance, a 15 mile mountain run in the Brecon ... thats why we need to do the training..

hiya everyone else...hope you are well.

20190531_191130.jpg

20190531_191141.jpg

I'm out robbing in Liverpool while their fans are in Spain for the Champions League final.

One house in and I've already got my TV back.

I'm so homophobic, I've never been camping as I refuse to buy a two-man tent.

Someone just told me that Liverpool have won the Champions League.

I must have missed that somehow as I've spent the last hour and a half watching paint dry.
        Last edited by Mick; June 2, 2019, 03:20 PM.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Got home about 9 pm & I’m just chilling. The dance recital was awesome although it was quite long, 3.5 hrs. The dance school has a LOT of students so it takes time. It was a lot of fun & I can see our family ballerina really blossoming
          We went out for dinner afterwards & enjoyed that as well.

Pauly, hope you had a good day & thanks for the start up.

Det, glad to hear you enjoyed the concert. Nothing like live music whatever shape or form you prefer
          I hope you stay as happy as you are forevermore.

Mick, your weekend hasn’t exactly been fabulous. Surely a change is due for you this week.
          We had some storms roll thru while we were out & the temp has dropped back to 68 degrees ~ nice. I hope it stays that way for a few day.

PQ, how’s things?

Hello to Cyn, Sam, Pie, SK & anyone else stopping by.

Have a nice night everyone.
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all,
            wow what a change, nice cool low humidity kind of start to the day.

Det, you do sound as if things have changed for you, you have done well maintaining!! Truly, being sober give us the opportunity to enjoy and recognize things.

Mick, well at least you have our "fearless leader" in town, you can always keep him if you wish!

Lav, got some vicious broody hens, the orpingtons are the worse, I wear heavy duty gloves reaching under them for eggs, they peck at my hands! Interestingly, the other breeds are less protective.

Pauly, how goes the hands of scissors? all well?

be well friends, see you on the flip side
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,Lav glad granddaughter had a nice recital Sam,I didn't realize chickens could be so feisty,yikes! PQ,you ok? Didn't see you yesterday,hope leg is doing better, waves to all and wishes for a great BF Monday!

Comment

hiya all..how are we then? good I hope ...the saga with tinternet carries on ..it has been on and off 11 times to my knowledge today!! Ive been up to get my phone sorted out too.. Ive changed the provider ...I think we are doing the same with the internet ...Been doing a bit of scenery work on the railway this morning ,..looks not too bad at all ...hope it works !taking my other engines back to the shop tomorrow see what they say..
                oh yeah ..thanks for sending us yer leader...he wants to come back to you ........

You known you're stoned when you try to put a poppadom in the DVD player.

A missing Liverpool fan has been found. He had assaulted a police officer and had been arrested.

Apparently he suffers from serious homesickness.

People tell me horse racing jokes all of the time .
                The trouble is I never remember them furlong.

The wife and I went to a Civil War reenactment in the USA on holiday, and this event really had the most fascination of any we went to.

"How long did it take you to grow that big bushy authentic Civil War beard ?

"Dunno, I really just stopped shaving when I was 42," replied my wife.

Convince people you are British heavyweight boxer by being knocked out by a fat pub doorman

Tragedy at the Tower of London today as a terrible aim at the gun salute means none of the bullets hit the president
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends,

Sam it was beautiful here as well today, same for tomorrow then back to hot & humid with storms Wednesday. We gotta make hay while the sun shines I guess.
                  My two broody girls are both orpingtons. I read that you can break them out of that cycle by removing them from their nest boxes, closing the door so they can’t run back in, etc. It takes a week or more but I did ‘fix’ one of them. The other is still giving me problems. I don’t take any BS from them either, ha ha! When I open the nest boxes they puff up their feathers & SCREAM at me but I just reach in, pull them out of the box then take them outside for the day. Lav takes NO BS!!!!!

Pauly, you know there were a couple of little boys dancing with the girls yesterday, cute as anything. Their was one teenage boy & he was absolutely excellent! Ask your grandsons if they might enjoy dancing, you never know

Mick, something is going on with our internet today. It’s fine on the main level of teh house but when you go downstairs there’s nothing working ~ weird. I saw on of the company trucks around the corner earlier so hopefully they get things fixed.
                  If you really want to keep Trump over there please do, please, please please

Hello to PQ, Det & everyone.

Have a nice night!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...why do people figure they can park in your reserved spot just because they're moving. It really p*sses me off coming home from working all day and someone's in there! :rant::rant: Positive note: I didn't even think of drinking at them!

Mick...I had internet issues on Sunday as well. Tried getting on a couple of times and then just gave up. Hope your new provider is more reliable than the one you have now. Hope you can get the engines sorted out as well.

Pauly...all is ok here. Leg is doing much better, little to no swelling. It looks great when I first wake up but 10 minutes after standing all the red is back.

Sam...you be careful with those females. I think I'd be getting rid of them.

Lav...I'm really hoping this weeks oral antibiotics clears the rest of the leg up. This has been going on for way too long. Glad you enjoyed the concert yesterday.

Off to figure out what to have for dinner. Have a nice evening all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

and good morning all...how are we today then?good I hope.going fora bit ofa walk then taking the engines to the model shop..I was redoing some of the scenery last night...andbearing in mind the loft isnt ventilated ..jeez hthe smell of cellulose paint..ok quick brewtime.

hiya ppqp..a handful of discreetly placed tacks should sort your parking issue out..how are you doing?this issue with the leg has been going on some time now.Seems like we have got a world internet problem!!hows the garden doing?

Lav ...you are so kind ...as much as we would like to keep Trump..he is rightfully yours..in fact if you want we could send him back with Farage and Johnsson....then you would have the full set ..Curly Larry and Mo.so it isnt the home for Happy Hens then eh?you could always introduce them to your Amish friend...hope you haveagoodday.

hiyaPauly ..how are you today then?hope all is well with you.

Hiya tg ..hope the move is going good ...take it eazee.

hiya sam hows you then mate? good I hope.

right folks hope you all have a good day.

I took my parrot to try out for BGT, and the lady interviewing us asked me what he did and I replied, "He talks."

She replied, "A talking parrot is really pretty unimpressive and common."

"Yeah, but he's actually pretty interesting once he gets going with his opinions on Trump and Brexit."

I bought a bag of balloons for my sons 1st birthday today .
                      Once I had started to blow each one up , I realised they had tiny little pin pricks all over them . What a let down .

I took my son to this petting zoo and started getting tired, so I sat down on a rock.

The owner came up to me and said, "Sir, you can't sit there."

I got a bit peevish and said, "Why not ?"

"Because that's the giant tortoise."

I got a dig bick.

You that read wrong.

I bet you read that wrong too!

Paddy took 2 stuffed dogs to the Antiques Roadshow.
                      The presenter said, "This is a very rare set, produced by the celebrated Johns Brothers taxidermists who operated in London at the turn of the last century.

Do you have any idea what they would fetch if they were in good condition?"
                      "Sticks!" Paddy replied

As a child:
                      'You are grounded. '

As an adult:
                      'Your package will be delivered between 8 am and 6 pm. '

Knock Knock

Whose there?

Grandad

QUICK, STOP THE CREMATION!

Congrats to all those getting their A levels today. To all those going on to uni to do art or multimedia, just remember one thing.

I don't want pickles on my big mac.

Comment

Mae everybody,yep Mick I read it wrong haha! Come on and keep the orange dude for us,was reading some comments about his visit yesterday and some of these people really truly love him as potus still,I'm shocked people are that naive PQ,glad the leg is improving although slowly,I like Mick's suggestion for solving the parking spot problemLav,that would be cute but I could see the boys' dad wiggin out about his boys dancing,he's "one of those" who think things are gonna make his son's gay,Louie liked the girl Paw Patrol dog when he was small and his dad made him stop with that real fast,he's an idiot,much love to all and have a great BF Tuesday!
                        Last edited by paulywogg; June 4, 2019, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Good evening folks!

Nice day here, lucky us!
                          YB had to see the surgeon one last time today so we combined that with a small shopping trip for necessities. It’s very convenient having COSTCO directly behind the medical complex, haha!

Pauly, men who worry about. ‘Making little boys gay’ probably don’t understand how that’s completely impossible but I understand what you’re saying. When our son was a toddler I was sternly told to never dress him in pink or purple. Sometimes men just need to stop talking haha!!! Many years ago we went to Philadelphia to see Mikhail Baryshnikov dance. That’s changed YB’s attitude big time, just sayin’

PQ, When you finish up your antibiotic are you going to be reevaluated? I’m still wondering if you’re having some vascular involvement going on in your leg. That can be checked easy enough. I hope your parking space is back in your hands tonight!

Mick, can you get yourself a fan running up there so you don’t knock yourself out with fumes? Geez!
                          I was hoping you had a room open in the tower of London for any obnoxious US visitors this week, haha!!!

Hello to Det, the busy Cyn, Sam & everyone!
                          Wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...Got home and lo and behold another truck with people moving in. However they did not park in my spot but on the driveway part just overlapping my spot a bit. When I pulled up they quickly jumped in their truck and back up so I could get in. I offered them my parking spot and they said thanks but they're just about done. No entitlement in that family.

Mick...going for a bit of a walk sounds more my speed. LOL How did it go with the train engines? You be careful with paint in that un-vented loft, wouldn't want you finding a new way too get high. Good thought about the parking spot but with my luck I'd forget I put them there and just drive in. With all the heat we've had lately everything is coming up in the garden. I just love the way the planted plots transform the look and feel of it. Rain is predicted starting on Thursday so will be able to back off on the watering for a bit. Earlier forecast predicted snow for Saturday and high of zero but it's been revised to rain and 14. You just have to take things day by day.

Pauly...so far the news reports I've seen say carrot top has been behaving himself, but he's still there isn't he? The boys Dad was not in the picture when I was raising them but believe me he'd have the same opinion as your hubs. Whatever they were interested in was fine by me. LOL

Lav...glad the trips to the surgeon are finished, I'm sure you'll find other reasons to hit the costco when needed. I have an appointment with my GP on the 26th but I don't have a follow up appointment once the antibiotics are finished on the 8th. The leg is looking much better today and the red blotch has decreased a lot. If it hasn't cleared up completely by the 8th I'll book a follow up. Not going to ignore this.

Picked up some won ton soup for dinner tonight so time to eat before it cools off too much. Have a restful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Oh PQ it wasn't my hubs that says anything it's the boys' dad,he's a Hispanic and into that whole "macho" thing,my hubs doesn't act like that thank goodness! You made me lol about Mick getting high in the unvented loft haha,enjoy your wonton soup and have a nice night
                              Last edited by paulywogg; June 4, 2019, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X