Hey Hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Hi

Hey- Just reaching out- just wondering if there are others like me. I've fallen into a dark hole and can't seem to make my way out of it. I don't know what happened or why, just know when it escalated. Which was about this time last year. Things seemed to keep getting really depressing- I had to get my parents in a new senior residence- my dad has alzheimer's- etc. And my husband lost his job and driver's license that same time- so basically had to drive him everywhere. With criticism. Anyway- I don't know what's wrong with me- I have to see someone like a psychiatrist or therapist- but can't seem to do it- I mean it's just become a tormentous horrible routine of trying to sedate and still wanting to be normal again.
    I don't know where the normal went.
    I was sent to the hospital back on October 3rd cuz I couldn't sleep and ended up taking a bottle of- well 17 pills of ambien with alcohol- I was then sent to a psychiatric facility and was only there for five days-when I came home my husband was in his routine of going out to bars and basically I stayed home.
    Please no judgements- I'm here to just get in a better place.
    So, Hi
    Been here for some time on and off- trying to get my act together again
    It's always YOUR choice!

Re: Hey Hi

Hello Fluff,
    Well, many of us start with anxiety & depression, and then use alcohol to self-medicate those. And when our drinking gets bad, then we’ve fallen into a dark hole that’s hard to get out of. So yes —many of us can relate! I sure can.
    And a lot of us are of an age where we’re dealing with the aging of our parents: Alzheimer’s, frailties, sicknesses, needing to be caregivers, needing to access additional care, and the deaths of our parents. So many of us can totally relate to that!
    It must be extra frustrating that your husband is also alcoholic.
    Thanks for coming back. You’re not alone!
    Last edited by Slo; June 3, 2019, 04:47 PM.
    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Yeah- I'm just trying to get control of myself- and I used to be able to but now the drinking is just out of control- anytime of day is fine- I used to balk at that. Who drinks in the morning! Not me!
      Well, I started to last June to help me fall back to sleep- and then one thing led to another.
      Thank you Slo- I need someplace to write things down where others can listen- going to post everyday- hoping that helps me. Hope all is well with you.
      It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Hi, Fluff. It is good to see you back and ready to try to get back the life you deserve. xx, NS

Comment

Originally posted by fluff
          I need someplace to write things down where others can listen- going to post everyday- hoping that helps me.
          I check in here everyday [MENTION=11432]fluff[/MENTION] hoping to see you. I can't tell you that posting everyday is suddenly going to make you sober, but I can tell you that it sure doesn't hurt! You should be here daily, even if it's just to vent. We all know how hard this is, but it's even harder to try and go it alone, I'd say it's darn near impossible to go through it alone. Why not give us a chance to try and help you...
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
          X