Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June 9th

MAE ALL...

Kicking this week off for us. My thunderstorm lasted all of 7 minutes. LOL Putting the kettle on, will be back later.....:smile:PPQP

Re: June 9th

hiya tis me...just back from manchester ...Julies sister in laws ...how are we all...thanks for starting the ball rolling ppqp.....leg back in ice ...seems a lot better will be ok for this weeks jaunt ..take care all...will be back after .x back for a bit ..so a 7 minute thunderstorm .?ha ..ours is forecast for 2 weeks ,dont do things by half.

hiya Lav hows you then? tons of strawberries? yum ..theywork out about 75 cents for 180 gms here.Ive just been planting up fuchsias and taking cuttings today.
    You wouldnt believe it ..Im actually sitting down watching telly for a bit ..Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askaban..now why would I be watching that?

Hiya everyone else...hope you are well

What's a cat's favourite breakfast cereal.

Mice.icles ....

KIDS: Don't do drugs, unless you want a future in politics of course.

So why wasn't Michael Gove knighted today?

He's committed enough crimes surely?

Every time I want to get really drunk, I pour my alcohol in to my kettle and drink straight from it.
    It gets you steaming.
    Last edited by Mick; June 9, 2019, 12:57 PM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

The wind has kicked up & the temp has dropped like a rock so I guess a storm is to follow. Spent some time outside pulling weeds & all that fun stuff. My young chickens are so happy having access to a yard full of green grass & bugs, haha!!

PQ, I like a quick thunderstorm, no sense in dragging it out, LOL

Mick, YB planted new raspberry canes this year. The old ones died off several years ago. So next summer we will be living in a fruit bowl here with strawberries, blueberries & raspberries. The old apple & peach trees we planted the year we moved in have given up the ghost. They just need to come down at this point.
      I imagine you watching Harry Potter & feeling you are right back at work, haha!! Take care of that leg, glad it’s improving.

Hello to Sam, Pie, Pauly. Cyn, Det & everyone.

Have a nice night everyone!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,PQ, quick storms can be fun but if I start getting cozy on the couch to enjoy it and it goes away that's upsetting haha Mick,I'm shocked you sat and watched TV, unheard of for you usually much love to all and wishes for a great BF Monday!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Unhung Monday ABerooos!

PPQ, thanks for blasting us off to a glorious AF week. At least you got a few minutes of dramatic weather. I love stormy weather.

lets see then to recap: chicken freedom, fun weather, epic marathon hiking, nasty rashes, chocolate for breakfast.... interesting.

Lav, plans for all those fresh berries?

Another super weekend here for Mr Social. Met my gal and her daughter Friday night for 'First Friday' art even where we walked tons, had iced coffee and enjoyed live music.
          Then Sat she came over for salmon dinner I made, then we went to a new dance club 'Oddfellows' which was great fun.
          Then Sunday I picked them up and we did indoor archery which was a hoot for all, in fact the world may be inheriting 3 new archers soon. Then we had gyros for lunch and watched
          Mad Max 'fury road' at her place (I know.... so romantic) visited my grandma and uncle for a bit and hit the gym. Jam-packed with fun healthy stuff!

PPQ, yes my media is being used already in our social media feeds and processing more of it as we go. I'm still getting the Adobe software figured out and enjoying learning it.

another cuppa is in order....then I'm off to seize the day...

be well loves
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

hiya all ...how areyou then?all good I hope ..well this storm Miguel isnt so bad it was really sunny this morning ..its darkening up but nothing to worry about ..leg is a lot better ,but ..smart ass went for a walk this morning ...yup it isnt magic yet!got my exhuast doen this morning ..the guy took itapart and remade it with new pipework ..cost me £120...as opposed to a possible £800 bit blowey out there but hey.
            hiya Det ..aka Robin Hood wow mate you are doing so good buddy ...well done to you Carpe Diem.

hiya Pauly ...hows you..yep I surprised myself too ..last time I watched Harry Potter I fell asleep at the pics and got woken up for snoring.....but we are going back to Florida next May its booked ..staying at Disneys Animal Kingdom again.

hiya Lav ..hows you then today?good I hope ..yep apart from the Florida thing ..it reminded me of working with young offenders !!Ive grown blueberries and blackcurrants this year.not a bad crop ,but definitely not overfacing me.My apple and cherry trees are doing ok.

Hiya ppqp...you ok no storms this week?you want to borrow one?howsthe garden doing?

hiya everyone else ..hope you are good .

Diane Abbott has admitted to trying to snort coke, however, she admitted that the ice cubes always got stuck in her nostrils.

I met Jeremy Corbyn today.
            I told him, "Do you know my dads studied you for years. "
            He replied, "Oh is he a fan of mine,"
            i said "No, he's a gynecologist"

My father worked for most of his life with concrete and was quite the disciplinarian

You could say thay he was set in his ways

Toilet roll is such a rip off.

Michael Grove walks into a bar,

"Coke sir?" asked the barman.

I've been in a few bands over the years. First there was 999 megabytes, we didn't get a gig, then there was Origami, but we folded. Next up was White Line, we were middle of the road, and of course then there was Duvet, we did covers. After that I was in a band called The Sewers, we were underground, the most successful band was The Dawn, we were on before The Darkness. Now I'm in a band called The Cheque, we're currently unsigned.
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Gloomy day, rain off & on all day & it’s not done yet.
              Took my dog in for her yearly checkup & shots, cost me $279! And that’s with the senior citizen discount, haha! I would love to have another dog or two but the expenses are getting outta hand these days

Pauly, hope your day was good. Is Romeo over his latest ear infection yet?

Det, I’d love gto have some of your energy dude, Lol
              Glad you are enjoying life in a healthy fashion
              I baked up a dessert this weekend that used a huge layer of strawberries & peaches - pretty good!
              Yesterday I cooked down another quart of strawberries into a sauce/syrup, only used a little sugar). I put most of it in the freezer for pancakes, cake topping, etc. THe blueberries are starting up now, oh boy.

Mick, glad you are feeling betterish. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal on your car repair, nice!
              I keep forgetting to reset out weather station at the beginning of the month. So far it’s reading just about 18 inches of rain - that’s March, April, May & the first ten days of June. Definitely not having a drought here.

Hello to PQ & everyone else.
              Have a nice night!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...where did Sunday go????

Mick...glad the leg is feeling better and I know how easy it is to over do it. Slow and steady. Still getting a bit of swelling in mine by the end of the day so am paying attention. Nice save on the cost of the exhaust repair. Weather is similar to yours, sunny and warm this morning but when the clouds rolled in the temp sure dropped. No rain yet and not sure we'll get any.

Pauly...I hear ya. When I was growing up we lived at the end of a cul de sac and would curl up on the couch watching the rain and lightening light up the street.

Det...I love your recaps. LOL What a nice weekend for you. We're all proud of you, you know.

Lav...I'd like my thunderstorm to be just a little bit longer. LOL We've only just now got some weeds in the Grow a Row plot but I'm going to make someone else pull them out. HaaHaa Unless I build a greenhouse there's no chance of growing fruit here! Glad the little guys got out for some fresh air. Wow, that's quite a bill for check up and shots.

Played some cards this afternoon and then booked my time off as I need to use it up before the end of August. So basically starting next week I have every afternoon off and every Fri/Sat except for 3 weekends when the boss is away. I can live with that. Hope we all have a restful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

afternoon all how are we then ? all good I hope.well thats it blinds fitted in the house now ,makes a difference to the room.Went for physio this morning ...wow it hurt just a lot !!I was advised not to go out trekking this week so point taken.

Hiya Lav how are you today then?good I hope...279 bux eek ...fair price that ..forgot to reset the weather station?you mean you never dried the stone???ha ha..yes Id definitely help you out with the fruit eating ...have a great day ..

hiya ppqp..hows you then? ok I hope ..well the cards are out are they..grow a row....who thought that one up?pretty good name ...have a good day

hiya pauly ..you well?hope so ..hows Romeo doing?

hiya Sam teegee pie and everyone else ..

Thought I saw the first ever scouser super hero today, he was running down our street wearing a cape.

Turns out he hadn't paid for his haircut .

They say too much salt can be bad for you.

It's true. My neighbour was crushed to death after a collapse at a salt mine.

My wife's So Fat.

She's Chinese.

When I was young I used to worry because I owed money to people.
                  Now I'm older I realise that it's the people I owe money to who should be worried.

My wife was back at the dealers, and absolutely livid because the economy car she bought wasn't getting anywhere near the good mileage that the salesman promised.

I even had to laugh though when that salesman responded, "Ma'am, do you have any idea how much harder that little engine has to work to haul around a 700 lb woman !"

Michael Gove has confirmed that if he wins the first thing he will do is make a trade deal with Colombia.

After billions of years trying to understand where he came from, God decided to create mankind.

His final words were "Fck it, you figure it out"

My mate tells people he's of Swedish descent

What he really means is he was born in an Ikea lift going down to the basement.

Comment

Greetings folks!

Nice day here, sunny & not too hot
                    The grandsons finished up their school year today SO tomorrow I get the boys for a while. I haven’t seen them in over 4 weeks so it should be nice. I don’t know when the 4 week summer program begins for the younger one, probably next week.

PQ, I know your growing season is shorter than ours. Does Canada import all of the fruit you eat? Never thought about that.
                    Ha ha, I’m sitting on my deck & I’m getting buzzed by hummingbirds heading to the feeders. Funny little creatures.

Mick, you are going to actually follow medical orders??? Wow, good for you.
                    That vet fee included the exam & vaccinations. Plus they also do a lot of bloodwork, check for Lymes, etc.
                    Just got a call that everything is OK except her thyroid level so I have to increase her supplement.

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a nice night!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...didn't realize you were putting blinds in. Which room? I just laughed when you said wow it hurt just a lot! Glad you're going to pay attention and take it easy. Don't want any injuries for the BIG HIKE. Cards are definitely in! That's why I started with Wed afternoon's, quilt free card playing. LOL

Lav...same weather day here except by 5pm the clouds were rolling in. I think we're in for a couple of weeks of pop up thunderstorms. No we don't import all our fruit, it just depends on which province you're in. British Columbia can grow just about anything. Most of the provinces, including Alberta, can grow any of the berry types. I thought my leg would look a lot better by now so I'm not messing around and will be seeing my doctor tomorrow. Don't want to be putting anything off and the 26th just seems too far away. My sister has loads of humming birds at her place and yes I agree they are funny things. Hope the boys are good for you.

Shout out to the rest of you. TG...you must be in the height of moving right now. Have a restful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

afternoon all ...how are we doing then?all good I hope ..it is absolutely freezing over here today..been doing some work on the trains .Im going up to see my friend tomorrow....no walking.

Hiya Lav how are you this afternoon ? ok hopefully.yep Im doing what Im told tho tbh I thought just a little walk ...but no.Wow your grandsons have grown up!!!Now do yuo believe or politics are as mad as yours ..They are se tting it in law that by the year 2050 Britain will have zero emissions ...really and hows that gonna happen ..they going to plug animals asses up ???these folk arent real ..zero emissions ,a good trade deal from Europe ..and a toy with every happy meal.

hiya ppqp ..hows the card shark doing?good I hope...yep got blinds fitted throughout the hoose save the dining room and now that needs doing... cards and quilting?yes go for it ..look after that leg.

hiya everyone else..

A young shark asked his dad, "Why do we always swim circles around people before eating them?"

He replied, "They taste better if you scare the crap out of them first."

After making some butterfly cakes I handed one to the wife to try.
                        She said, " Tastes really nice but what's this black thing."
                        I said, " Dunno? Probably a leg."

A South Korean car company have produced the world's first flat pack vehicle.

The iKIA.

I failed my driving test for looking in the mirror too much.

I was only checking my horoscope.

What does a retired scouser call his bungalow?

Dunnrobbin.

Policemen and women are looking that young now that paedophiles get excited when they get arrested.

I have the rare ability of deconstructing a takeaway and reproducing it in the kitchen at home.

It usually involves diced carrot, sweetcorn and eight pints of cider on the floor.

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...glad you decided against just a little walk, I don't think you do anything little. LOL We must have stolen all your heat, it's a corker over here today, rain and Tstorms starting tomorrow. Popped into the doc's to have her look at my leg and I swear it's 100% better today than it was yesterday when I made the appointment. I'm glad I went though, I usually put things off till I'm behind the 8 ball. Hope you have a great visit with your friend tomorrow.

Lav...it appears I beat you to the post. Must be a little busy with your company. Hope they're behaving. The infectious doc told my doc that vascular swelling could take months to settle down. Actually there was just a bit of swelling today. Her concern is that I have a good pulse in my foot which I do. Will keep an eye on things and if it gets redder or spreads I'm to come in and see anyone who's available at the time, not to wait for her. I think I'm in the home stretch now.

Had a very enjoyable time playing cards this afternoon and then just walking out of the building. I think these planned days off is going to work out great.
                          Shout out to the rest of the gang and have a great evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening friends,

Yes I survived an epic 12 hr day with those two boys, haha!! I made them breakfast, we took them out for lunch & their dad showed up here with a large pizza for dinner. They eat like the animals they are, LOL We have noticed recently that the younger guy has quite a throwing arm. He can toss a youth size football like no one’s business!! I think there’s some sports activities in his future.

PQ, better safe than sorry I always say, glad you stopped in to see the doc. Some people let things go way too long making a fix that much harder to attain. Sounds like youare doing just fine, yay!
                            The weather was just perfect again today but there is a ton of rain coming this way, so they say.

Mick, the injuries & boo boos that took only a few days to heal in the past now take much longer. Another side effect of aging, oh joy. We have to be smarter & a little more patient with things now. Glad you are taking it easy-ish!
                            Politics all over the world seem to be crazy, I know it’s not just us. I think I heard Sweden is way out ahead of everyone else in the zero emissions department. I know it’s a smaller country & they’re pretty smart so maybe we should follow their lead. Who Knows??

I just need to go put the chickens to bed & I’m not even going to try to do anything else tonight. I am officially brain dead at this point, haha!
                            Hello to everyone & wishing a nice night for all!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hiya all ...how are we today then?all good I hope ..Well was supposed to go up and see my friend,but he has called off ..Im going up tomorrow instead.Well surprise surprise ,its raining again,they reckon we have had about 3 months rain in a week now.Ive been doing some more work on my trains ,and at last Ive worked out a way where I can switch the lights on sand off in every individual bilding separately ..now Ive got to wire it up.should be interesting..No definitely not going for a bimble today...
                              ok lets have a brew ...

hiya Lav ,how are you doing today then?hope all is well..hope its sport with the throwing arm...and not burglary ..chucking a brick thru a jewellers window...yep the political climate is mental throughout the world ...the tankers on fire in the gulf this morning ,terrorist issues throughout the world that no one seems to address ,climate problems ,political leaders not knowing their arse from their elbow...did you know that the uk pays India to stop their pollution issues ? this is to a country with a nuclear programme as well as a space programme ...and yet we cannot meet our own targets for homeless ,healthcare and those with cancer.
                              But on a brighter note ,this morning we have successfully released endangered species of snails into the wild .

hiya ppqp..hows you then?all good I hope..what a job ...cards then offski...yep makes up for the time you were tommy ten hatz...

hiya pauly how are you then?good I hope

tg and everyone else ...hope all is well.

1. What did the Buddhist ask the hot dog vendor?
                              “Make me one with everything.”

2. You know why you never see elephants hiding up in trees?
                              Because they’re really good at it.

3. What is red and smells like blue paint?
                              Red paint.

4. A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
                              5. Where does the General keep his armies?
                              In his sleevies!

6. Why aren’t koalas actual bears?
                              The don’t meet the koalafications.

7. A bear walks into a restaurant and say’s “I want a grilllllled………………………………………cheese.” The waiter says “Whats with the pause?”
                              The bear replies “Whaddya mean, I’M A BEAR.”

8. What do you call bears with no ears?
                              B

9. Why dont blind people skydive?
                              Because it scares the crap out of their dogs.

10. I went in to a pet shop. I said, “Can I buy a goldfish?” The guy said, “Do you want an aquarium?”
                              I said, “I don’t care what star sign it is.”

11. What do you get when you cross a dyslexic, an insomniac, and an agnostic?
                              Someone who lays awake at night wondering if there is a dog.

12. A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel on his pants, a peg leg and a parrot on his shoulder. The bartender says, “Hey, you’ve got a steering wheel on your pants.”
                              The pirate says, “Arrrr, I know. It’s driving me nuts.”

13. I saw a wino eating grapes.
                              I told him, you gotta wait. (Mitch Hedberg)

14. What’s brown and sticky?
                              A stick.

15. What does a pepper do when it’s angry?
                              It gets jalapeño face!

16. What’s a foot long and slippery?
                              A slipper.

17. Two gold fish are in a tank.
                              One looks at the other and says, “You know how to drive this thing?!”

18. Two soldiers are in a tank.
                              One looks at the other and says, “BLUBLUBBLUBLUBBLUB.”

19. As a scarecrow, people say I’m outstanding in my field.
                              But hay, it’s in my jeans.

20. A man is walking in the desert with his horse and his dog when the dog says, “I can’t do this. I need water.” The man says, “I didn’t know dogs could talk.”
                              The horse says, “Me neither!”

21. A guy goes into a lawyer’s office and asks the lawyer: “Excuse me, how much do you charge?”
                              The lawyer responds: “I charge £1,000 to answer three questions.”

“Bloody hell – That’s a bit expensive isn’t it?”

“Yes. What’s your third question?”

22. What is the resemblance between a green apple and a red apple?
                              They’re both red except for the green one.

23. I have an EpiPen.
                              My friend gave it to me when he was dying, it seemed very important to him that I have it.

24. How did the hipster burn his mouth?
                              He ate the pizza before it was cool.

25. What’s the difference between an oral thermometer and a rectal thermometer?
                              The taste.

26. An atheist, a Crossfitter, and a vegan walk into a bar.
                              I know because they told me.

27. I waited and stayed up all night and tried to figure out where the sun was.
                              Then it dawned on me.

28. I told my friend 10 jokes to get him to laugh.
                              Sadly, no pun in 10 did.

29. What’s red and moves up and down?
                              A tomato in an elevator

30. I bought the world’s worst thesaurus yesterday.
                              Not only is it terrible, it’s terrible.

Comment

Working...
                              X