Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back after long

Am here after a number of years.
    Way back, I came to mywayout to just get alcohol out of my life for a significant period. It was more of putting up a daily post to strengthen my resolve to stay drink-free.
    Want to try the same routine this time.
    I had been quit for about three years a while back. Have been mostly a social drinker since then.
    A few weeks back had a general medical checkup and was diagnosed with 'mild fatty liver' during USG. Also, my HDL was low. At 49, these seemed to be wakeup alarms.
    On the average, I am a very active walker, ex-runner and don't drink regularly. But I think, I have a streak of binge-drinking, splurging on about 3-4 drinks around thrice a month.
    So want to stay away from alcohol for an extended period.
    This is Day 7 of the quit. Want to extend it to 30 days.

Small gripe. I am sad to see that my previous posts are all erased. Also, the forums seem to be less active now. A decade back, this was a very vibrant place with a number of users.

I wish all members all the very best.
    Hope to keep visiting here and will put up journal entries on and off.

Thanks for reading.

Re: Back after long

Hi BeHereNow... yes, this website has quieted down since I used to visit, too... I'm not sure if members drifted to other pages for a reason, or if the synergy is missing because there are less people? (insert chicken/egg smilies). I don't think RJ is part of the changes, but I miss the old community. I was here full force in 2014, and decided to "moderate" (go back to drinking) in 2015 and moved away for 4 years.... I came back to the old neighborhood and everything's different. Missing my neighbors too.

Anyway, if you do come back, click on your name and within your profile, you can "view posts".. that's where I found mine. :love:.
    "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
    so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
    :hug:

Comment

Working...
    X