june 16th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

june 16th

mae all from a bright and sunny uk...its absolutely boiling today,its so hot that the water in the taps is melting and turning into water ..ok ok I lie ..on looking outside I see the weather stone is wet ...so it is pouring down....todays excitement is we got a new hoover ....whatcha think of that for ace ..
    as you can see Bonnie is worried about the weather...

20190616_142541.jpg

wow Lav you have a house full..Grand Central it is ...now you were talking about chickens.....

s-l1600 (1).jpg

and also a garden...

s-l1600.jpg

hiya pauly hows you then? good I hope ...did you have a nice weekend?

ppqp...hows you then?good I hope ...hope the leg is on the mend ..Im out again this week mine is ok,

hiya Det hows you then?hows life treating you.

big shout to the rest..

I know I didn't pay much attention in History class but it never really hurt me...Unlike poor Henry IIIV when Hitler shot him in the eye at the Battle of Hastings!

In an authentic Italian restaurant near Dublin...

Waiter: "Wadda ya want?"

Paddy: "Oid like da paggeone, please."

Waiter: "What? We donta avva dat."

Paddy: "You do, it says it here on da bottom of da menu. Look."

Waiter: "Sir - issa spelling mistake, it shoulda say, page one."

I've just been charged 595 pounds to have the lining of my coat replaced

I think I've been fleeced.

We were in the city centre today and my wife was just livid when some guy randomly threw his milkshake all over her !

The guy apologised profusely though and said, "Sorry, sorry, I just saw your wife's hair and face and thought for sure that that was Boris Johnson !"
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: june 16th

MAE ALL...

Pauly...copying your post over to the new thread so everyone can see it.

Mae everybody,"Prince of Whales" hah that's feckin hilarious! Oh well. Mick yup you need some chickens hanging out with the cows,pics are great but the last one wouldn't work for me Lav,wow that's a full house,glad you got to spend time with the kids, hubs had to watch the boys for a bit in the morning yesterday cuz we were all working,I think he was secretly pissed cuz he wanted a father's day weekend totally off! PQ,yup you do sound like the leg is much,much better,can't get with it this morning think I have a food hangover from all that Mexican food yesterday! I was being disgusting and eating globs of cheese,beans and rice off hubs' plate,it was just that perfect combo of gooiness that I couldn't resist but I paid the price later and this morning apparently haha,much love and wishes for a great BF Sunday!

I bet you paid the price! LOL Sometimes you just got to go for it. Don't bother getting with it, just take the morning off.

Mick...really thought you were having a great weather day, guess not eh? I am, so was able to get back to the garden and pull yet more weeds. I swear all they need is 10 minutes of sun to flourish.! I want a new hoover, well I really want a Dyson but not going to pay that much money for the twice a year vacuuming. LOL Glad your leg has improved now you take it easy getting back into trekking. Looks like Bonnie is quite content to be where she is. Love the chickens and boy do I wish my garden looked like that.

Lav...if you were going to open Grand Central Station at least you picked the right day to do it and were able to get outside. Today may be a different story. Yup, leg is much better. Still get the odd swelling but nothing like before. I started taking a probiotic (Align) after I finished the antibiotics. I've never taken probiotics and I don't eat yogurt. It seemed every time I ate something I'd feel bloated and get gas. This seems to be helping.

On another note I wanted to let you all know that I have been smoke free for 10 days now. I started Champix right around the time I got the leg infection. You smoke as usual for 2 weeks while taking Champix and then just stop smoking. I'm still waiting for the cravings to hit. LOL Only time I consciously wanted a cigarette was when I got pissed off with the prog-coord, so I know anger is a trigger. Now instead of going out for my after eating smoke I go for an after eating walk.

Thinking of everyone else...Pi, TG, Sam, Det, SK hope you are all well. Have a Super Sober Sunday all....:smile:PPQP
    Last edited by porqoui; June 16, 2019, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Thanks for moving my post PQ congrats on being SF! I'm so proud of you,that's awesome your post about the Dyson reminded me that yesterday Kell told me that they don't need a baby gate at the bottom of the stairs cuz Romeo is so scared of vaccums they just put it right there and he won't go near it! I was cracking up
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
        Thanks for moving my post PQ congrats on being SF! I'm so proud of you,that's awesome your post about the Dyson reminded me that yesterday Kell told me that they don't need a baby gate at the bottom of the stairs cuz Romeo is so scared of vaccums they just put it right there and he won't go near it! I was cracking up
        That's hilarious! :hahaha:

Comment

Happy Father’s Day greetings to all

We had a much quieter day today, no visitors or eaters, haha!!

Mick, love the chicken addition to your set up Just don’t let them too close to the garden ~ they eat everything, LOL
          We currently have 68% humidity outside, temp 80 degrees & it feels gross. Rain is on the way later, hopefully!

Pauly, I remember big bloating meals at ChiChi’s when the kids were young. No more of that for me. I do like making certain Mexican dishes but I use Daiya cheese (dairy free) so no bloating, yay! I don’t mind watching the grandkids but they do wear you out, phew!

PQ, CONGRATS to you 10 days smoke free :welldone:
          I’m glad you had success with Chantix. Don’t hesitate to look up some quit smoking sites, it helped me in the beginning.

Speaking of vacuums - I bought this little 4lb baby on Amazon last month. It’s so easy to use & doesn’t require me to pull all the heavy parts of the in-house vacuum system out of the closet every time I want to clean up.

Hello to Det, Sam, Cyn, Pie & everyone.
          Have a nice night!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Ahoy ABeroooos!

entirely past my bedtime here.. just a quick note to say Happy Fathers Day to our daddy-o's!

back to catch up shortly.

be well loves
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Mae everybody,just a quick pop in for now to wish you all a great BF Monday! Back later
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all ..how are we then? good I hope.strangely enuff its raining ..the stone is wet.Talking to my brother this morning ,seems a bit more up beat ..I never mention illness now ..he wants to talk about it then fine ,but I aint bringing it up.Been up to look at anothe train layout ...wow this guy isinto electrics..a flickering bonfire flashing crossing lights etc headlights etc..the whole shebang ...Its amazing how much detail you can do..

wow that was a quick hello det ...you in a rush somewhere friend? have a great day...

hiya pauly ..how are you then today?good I hope .have a good one

ppqp..how are you doing today ?cards ready for this week are they?Bonnie is back in the same place today!!a creature of habit dead cert ..

hiyaLav how are you doing today?good I hope.oh the chickens will be kept well separate.that hoover is very similar to the one we got ..

hi everyone else ..have a good day.

I used to have a nice car and a nice house until my mate introduced me to drugs.

Now I have a yacht and a Caribbean island.

After all of the years of wiping arses, taking them to things I don't want to, all the money I've forked out for Birthdays and Christmas, driving them to and from places...It's nice to finally feel appreciated after all of that for a day...

With a pair of new socks and a poundland Toblerone.

A Russian spy, an IRA supporter and a racist walk into a pub.

The barman says "What can I get you Mr Corbyn?"

I was looking at this freakwith a 3" spike sticking up out of his lip,

"What the fck are you looking at, I'm as capable as you and can do anything you can do you . "He said.

"Let's see you blow a balloon up then, " I replied.

I kept my Irish father busy yesterday as its fathers day.
                I gave him a card with "Please Turn Over" on both sides

The Spice Girls have ended their tour with an apology, I hope it was,

"Sorry, we won't do this sh,t again. "

Just saw a young girl hanging off the side of a railway bridge!

I jumped off my bike, ran over and shouted "Don't do it! You've got your whole life ahead of you!"

All her mates swimming in the canal below must've thought I was a right d.ck

I went to a bit of a do last night and i was the only bloke there.
                All the women were coming up to me shouting " Have you started the decorating yet, you are not going to the pub, take your work boots off before you come into the house".
                It was then i realised i was at a Henpecked party.
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL..

Lav...isn't it funny that in the US it's called Chantix and in CA it's called Champix, I wonder why that is. I'm using the Alberta Quits site for support but mainly for information. I am quite amazed that I'm not thinking/craving a smoke at all. Wanted to get through 2 weekends before telling you guys. I always thought having one of those in the wall vacuum units would be ace. After listening to my SIL bitch I'm glad I never had one.

Det...hope you got a good nights sleep.

Pauly...hope you had a great day too.

Mick...the stone is wet I love it! Good choice on not bring up illness with your brother. You're right, if he wants to talk about it he will. At least this way he knows he can have a conversation with you about anything else. Wow, what a layout, can just see those wheels a spinning in your brain. I do think a couple of fireplaces would look nice. Bonnie is a creature after my own heart, gotta love those routines.

Well it clouded over, started raining, and thunder/lightening just as I was leaving work tonight. We are supposed to get rain for the rest of the week so you're in good company Mick. LOL Don't know if I can handle it tomorrow, I have to work a whopping 3 hours. LOL I'm looking forward to these 1/2 days and long weekends. Have a great night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hello Abbers,

Running a bit late here but what can you do? I was out of the house all day & started getting calls for embroidery orders (nice) so I had to catch up a bit.
                    I am setting my daughter & granddaughter up with a Cricut machine. They have an interest in personalizing different items to sell. Small investment in their future & I think they will have a lot of fun with it anyway. In case you don't know what a Cricut is: Cricut Explore Air 2 | Cricut Learn

Hello to the ever busy Det

Hello to busy Pauly

Mick, there always seems to be someone out there doing what you do in a slightly fancier fashion - know what I mean? I have found that out with my embroidery biz over the years. Just when you think you have done something good someone does it better, LOL
                    Just so you're having fun with your trains - that's all that's important. Glad to hear your brother is sounding better. Being sick is never fun.

PQ, regardless of the name of the pill - it worked great for you!!!
                    I watched two of my brothers & one SIL go the Chantix route & they all failed. I have no idea why either. Glad you are smoke free & saving a ton of money too!!!
                    We have big storm warnings up but so far we have only had about 5 minutes of rain, if that much. I don't know where it's going but it is humid as hell here, yuck.

Hello to the missing folks & wishing everyone a nice night!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Ahoy ho ABeroooodles near and far!

what a lovely Monday being all not-hungover and such.

Mick, I was in a rush alright... to bed those train sets you're describing are indeed amazing.

Lav, thanks for the post on the vacuum cleaner... got it saved in my Amazon favorites as I really need one just like that.

PPQ, indeed being healthy, in fact healthier than i've been since... I can't remember when, has helped me brave the heat nicely.
                      It's certainly hot but I don't feel crappy or sick from it. And bravo on ditching the smokes! no easy feat for sure.

Pauly, what are you doing for fun on weekends?

had a lovely hike Sun morning at Red Rock canyon with my lady friend. Such a beautiful place... many more hikes to come at that place.
                      a couple pics of the area and one of a very sweaty Det

Pictures: Shared album - Xring007 - Google Photos

Treegirl is doing the house boogie I'm assuming?

Sam, having a good week? say, i picked up a drum recently. A west African djembe.. a real one carved from a single log... really neat and sounds good.

Ok cats n kitties. gotta get up early to hit the gym while it's nice and quiet.

Gnight loves
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Mae all - surprise ! I'm alive! Sorry to be away... this has been one hugely punishing schedule. But here I am, ignoring the boxes to be unpacked, sitting on our little patio, finally taking a breather and writing to you all. You have so often been on my mind, but it has been a journey of staying about a half-hour ahead of the game every day for weeks.

House items to move were packed, loaded, delivered on Monday June, 3. I stayed in the house to do clearout and cleanup, what turned out to be much more involved and difficult than expected. Did the final cleaning on the house and made sure all was out on Friday the 7th ( I got out of the house about 10 minutes before the buyer's inspection!) took the weekend to unpack some clothes so that we could pack for our working trip to Morocco, Monday the 10th took the dog back upstate to his "home stay", Tuesday through Sunday was the Morocco trip, yesterday went back upstate to get the dog, plus some items in storage to get ready for the cross-country drive I'll start on the 25th. So the beat goes on!!

I have on,y just read through the posts from the first June week - will catch up more soon.

Mick - amazing hiking! I hope you are feeling good now after that long trek.

PPQ - CONGRATS on the Quit!! Wonderful!

Pauly, so good to read your posts - loved the vacuum story.

Lav, speaking of vacuums, I love that one you referenced... having downsized to 928 square feet in this apartment, there is no place to store our beloved Miele... I might make the switch. I didn't know you were a camper-person... I did car camping all my childhood and I miss it!

Det, keep on going, man you deserve every moment of happiness - a victory!

Am I forgetting someone? Apologies if so... I am still in jet-lag, it was a brutal itinerary back home on Sunday: 2 flights, the second one 7.5 hours ( in middle seats, aaargh). I am not as resilient as I once was, and have a few GI issues to mend. But so grateful to be safely home.

Here's my view directly across from my tiny patio :
                        image.jpg

Comment

afternoon all...well today has been a belter of a day ...a complete mish mash It went abit wrong this morning ...firstly theweather ...21 degrees ..the stone is dry and not movin.. and then I was filling up the sink ,phone rang ...I then subscribed to yapathon ..forgetting about the tap being on..that is until the kitchen flooded ...the dishcloth had blocked it up ...so it is now clean ...and dry ...heater in the kitchen doors shut I then decided to all the fascia on thre back of the house gutters etc ..all shiny white now ...apart from one leetle bit that I cant reach without moving the rabbit hutch..even my biggest stretch it was a no...it was nearly a weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.plop..I stretched too far..and now I ve just fitted lighting into a railway carriage.

treegirl ..welcome stranger ..you well? nice to see you ...like that view ..glad you are sorted out ish now..the hike was pretty good apart from I tore a tendon /ligament .. at about the 20 odd k mark ...I ended up putting a stone in my other shoe ,,that helped.Im out this Thursday again.get your jet lag sorted ..

hiya Lav how are you today then?all well? you styill getting visits from the grandkids as and when they decide to eat you out of house n home?

hiya Det ..what a surprise ..had to dash to sacksville!wowee arent we getting domesticated..at one stage you used to sell armaments ..now buying hoovers..but hey ..

hiya pauly ...you ok?hope so ..have a nice day.

hiya Canadias card sharp...how goes it with you ? good hopefully.what are you up to this week?hows the garden doing?Im just watching a prog on the new pipeline thats proposed from Edmonton going through Jasper, the Blue River etc to Burnaby...wow thats going to cause some mayhem and definitely the indigenous people dont want it
                          big shout to everyone else..

A nun goes into a library and asks for a book on the immaculate conception. The librarian tells her where the theology section is and says to her,

"Are we having a little refresher then sister?"

"No, " she answered, "I'm pregnant and I want to make sure I get my story right. "

If you want to change the world, do it while your single.
                          After you get married, you can't even change the T.V program.

I've just bought a new mouse mat.

That should stop the little fckers leaving footprints all over the kitchen!
                          Last edited by Mick; June 18, 2019, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Wow Det, great pics as usual
                            Glad everything is going so well for you!! I really love that little vacuum - all 4 lbs of it especially!!!

Cyn, OMG, I am not sure I would have survived all that activity you described. I am impressed
                            I think that little vacuum would be great for your smaller space.
                            I haven’t been camping in a long time now but we did do quite a bit when our kids were young. They get older & have weekend activities & all that so the camping had to end. Besides, the last time we took our camper out & parked it on Assateague Island we endured a horrendous storm over night, the ponies ran around like crazy brushing the side of the camper leaving horse hair attached. The worst part was the mosquitos that we swatted at continuously & left bloody marks all over the inside of the camper. UGH, no fanks!!!!
                            You’ll have to tell us about that enormous rock outside of your patio!

Mick, two days & no kids so I’m saving on food, haha!!! They will be back at some point I’m sure.
                            Sounds like you got into some mischief today - lucky you

Hi to Pauly, PQ & everyone.
                            Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

morning all,
                              been busy with work, muzac and farm,
                              Det, have fun with the drum, my son plays one, they have a great bass quality.

just saw this article, I'd hate to try and get this one in the head chute!
                              Guinness World Record For Longest Horn Span Goes To Texas Longhorn From Alabama : NPR

bought a copy of the Mueller Report and been reading it. pretty amazing how much we were/ are infiltrated. Haven't got to 2nd part dealing with obstruction, only through half of the first part. Haven't figured out why DT, Jr isn't being prosecuted. There are many pages blacked out, I can see why the democrats want the full report, I can't understand why the republicans don't.

found a small black snake, still alive, all caught in some blueberry netting I had stored away, I don't know how long it had been there, I was able to cut the netting away from it but it was really wrapped tight, somehow the scissors didn't cut him. Took about 20 minutes. Guess I'll see it in the chicken house soon.

hope everyone is well.
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                              X