Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June 23rd

MAE ALL....

Kicking off this weeks thread before someone posts in the past.

Just going to get the coffee going for us....:smile:PPQP

Re: June 23rd

well thats it ...weve had the longest day ,its all downhill from here ...and a cheery good morning to you all..:congratulatory:dry over here a bit blowy but fine ..Woke up about 1.30 am to heara dog barking ..looking outside I saw next doors dog in the back garden..It isnt an outside dog so thought it strange ..its only a small shitzu and the thought of it out all night with the possibility of it escaping and b ..predators didnt impress me ..so woke the neighbours up ..apparently the dog had nipped out as they were sorting the kids out for bed.no harm done ..so how are we all today then?
    Im still messing abouton the railway ,there is one carriage no matter what I do it will insist on derailing irrespective of putting extra weight on it or anything .

hi all I had already started doing the thread and lost internet!!grrrr hope all is well..

"Do you have any plans for the weekend?" asked the checkout girl.
    "I'm off on holiday to Spain" I said. (brief silence)
    "do you need any help with your packing?" she asked.

"That's very good of you but the Wife's doing it as we speak, " I said.

Steppenwolf was an assumed name.
    He was born Toby Wild.

Never cook burgers naked.
    They'll take away your van

Its clear that the key divide in this country is no longer Leave/Remain or North/South but between
    - People who think a late night screaming row between a couple is domestic abuse,
    and
    - People who’ve been married...

Just been ironing the curtains at the caravan and I’ve fallen out of the window
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hi ya Mick...not dry over here, been raining again all night. Guess my plan worked as I don't have to weed the garden today. You are such a good neighbour, even if you did wake them up at 1:30am, I know I'd appreciate it. Strange they didn't hear their own dog barking though. Yup there's always one in the crowd isn't there. You'll just have to paint it red and label it Red Neck. I swear I'm going to write Mick's Dictionary. Had to read abouton twice to get it. LOL I like that word.

Sunday morning rainy day breakfast coming up, anyone interested? Have a great day all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings all,

No rain here today just sun& lots of heat!! The next few days will be super hot & humid, yuck.
        My granddaughter left today for a week at Girl Scout camp. Her best friend went along too so I hope they don’t get lonely.

PQ, I had to pull weeds & water today & wasn’t a bit happy about it either, haha!
        Hope breakfast was good

Mick, barking dogs around here, mine included are just part of the landscape. The local gun club is not too far away & we can hear them shooting. When the wind blows a certain way I can hear the herd of cows on the farm at the end of my road. In other words, it’s never quiet here, LOL. Nice of you to rescue the next door pup.
        I think I’ll pass on buying a train ticket until you can work out how to keep all of the cars on the rails

Hello to Det, Sam & PIe!

Cyn, I hope you two feel better soon! All the work you’re doing is hard enough without having to deal with a virus as well. :hug:

Have a nice night everyone!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all -

Sunday evening here... got hubs off on his 6 hour plane ride to CA... poor guy, last night he didn't think he would be blue to do it... but in he went. It was good to have the airport drive to Kennedy be just two and a half hours instead of five, thank goodness. Hubs always gets the worst bronchial stuff, but this time I joined him - though mine is not as dramatic, it is still taking a toll - eeek, and body aches!

Mick, nice call on the doggy, who knows what might have happened to him overnight. PPQ, glad that you are spared weeding - I love that I now live in a No-Weeding zone! Lav, I now have A/C ( well, at least for another few days before I start on the trip... what a joy. Pauly, how is your Sunday? Det, all going well? Hello to all who drop by.

I am off to make some lemon and honey water... hopefully will sleep better tonight. Starting tomorrow I must make decisions on what to mail west, and what to take in the car... I hope my brain hangs in there!

Wishing all an excellent week to come...

Comment

Happy Sunday ABeroooooos!

PPQ, thanks for the launch. loving your outlook/philosophy on life from earlier post, sounds like you're in a comfy place
            for the most part which is stellar. Let's hike Red Rock when you come visit Pauly and I
            and yes a rainy day breakfast sounds grand.

Mick, they say taking a bit of local wild honey can help with pollen allergies... tried that?

Pauly, I can't believe we haven't met up yet, lemme know a good time for a coffee.

Lav, sounds like you're getting some quiet time, producing any craft items lately?
            I certainly don't envy you for the humidity there.. ick!

Treegirl, sounds exciting and busy there... sleep will certainly help and I know it can be a challenge.
            I still tend to get up way too early. I should really get some room-darkening window covers.
            sounds like you've taken good care of hubby... sweet.

Had a fun time with my sweetie last night at the John Wick movie... she's such a sport! it was just a super crazy
            action movie but we managed to stay in 'groping mode' anyway LOL oh my, what a fun phase of relationship this is and
            I'm so grateful. Everything is fun and giggly. yay!
            This morning I swung by and picked up her and her daughter for another hike at a different trail at Red Rock Canyon and we
            had a great time. We found a big cavern and took turns making crazy loud animal noises that echoed all through the valley
            Then we had fancy picnic, then back to her place for a dunk in the pool and coffee. yep, i drink coffee by the pool in direct
            sunlight. Then grabbed some groceries, came home and made a yummy chicken cacciatore type of thing and working on graphic
            design mockups for my T-shirt ecommerce business I'm piecing together. Time to unwind next with a scifi show and get loads of
            sleep for Monday.

be well loves!
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

hiya all...how are we today..ok Ihope ...well just been yto the vets ..Jeeves again.he is very prone to gutstasis..it is sa killer for rabbits if not caught in time ..I noticed him yesterday ..something said he wasnt right ..watched him all day..The medication for them is Cisapride,and Metacam but its prescription only ..and believe its hader to get an aimal prescription than a yooman..fortunately I had some left ..so gave him it ..It probably saved him said the vet ...upshot is..the 2 of them are in the hozzy together .see how he is in the morning ..Ive a busy week ahead ,too final couple of treks before the biggy..be well everyone
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Morning all -

Det, you have a lot of energy! That description of your days sounds so fun and enriching, but just reading made me tired! So glad for you . Go for the room-darkening curtains, a must for DST solstice mornings!

Lav, how is granddaughter doing at camp? Any word? Are the foxes staying out of the henhouse? How are the teenagers doing with getting used to the great outdoors?

PPQ, wishing you a good week at work, and happy playing in the garden.

Pauly, how was your weekend... pretty soon I hope to get back on FB and check in.

Mick, wow, great call on Jeeves!! Good eye for spotting his discomfort - what a relief! Good luck with your training - tell us about the upcoming training, is it as difficult as the last one? Congrats on doing this!

Well, guess I am sicker than I thought... started losing my voice last night, and it is gone today, I can tell I have a more than mild infection going... I just sent hubs off with all the powerful,herbals, plus he went on an antibiotic - so today I'll be out there getting my own to get through these long driving days... hopefully I'll be better by Thursday. Now I need to address all my clothing boxes to see what to pack and send for the next 10 weeks... those are almost the end of the boxes...

Cheers all for a good start to the week!

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick glad you noticed your bunny wasn't quite right and got him on the meds! Poor little guy just has a dodgy belly from the sounds of it,hope everything is ok Det,one of these days, funny how we live pretty close too, figure we'd run into each other in the store or something haha,glad you had a nice weekend but I'm with Cyn,just reading about your days exhausts me! PQ,yeah Newport Beach isn't far at all,it's just the darn traffic that makes a 4 hour drive into a six hour drive but you don't notice as much cuz you're surrounded by things,my trip home is only 3 hours but it's sooooo desolate that it feels like 8 hour drive!Lav the boys wore me out yesterday and it was just a few hours so I imagine your long day with your boys is draining and demands recovery haha much love to all and wishes for a great BF Monday!
                  Last edited by paulywogg; June 24, 2019, 07:55 AM.
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...no rain here today yet but it's early. LOL Stayed a little longer today for an impromptu meeting, we're having a bunch of renovations done starting this weekend and I wanted to know the schedule. When I went to leave I noticed an empty chair at the bridge tables so I was able to play cards this afternoon.

TG...was going to say hope the lemon and honey water helped and then I read today's post. You be careful taking any meds and driving. Are you alone (other than the dog) on this trip? I thought I read something about your neighbour? Hope you got lots of sleep and are having a great Monday.

Mick...aw sorry about Jeeves. Bonus that you still had some meds and got on it right away. I think that should be the norm, the vet should give you enough to have some left over. Hope he's better in the morning.

Pauly...your trip home sounds like my trip to my sisters. Driving through Saskatchewan is flat with nothing to see. Hope your Monday was good.

Off to fix a little something for an early dinner as I have a garden meeting tonight. Have a great evening all...:smile:PPQP

Det...Red Rock it is! So when you get rid of Carrot Top I'll start making a plan. LOL "Groping Mode" LOL, yes this is a fun stage of the relationship.

Comment

Greetings everyone from the land of hot & humid
                      I am not a summer child, never have been, oh well.
                      My daughter said she’s received no calls from the GS camp so she’s assuming everything is going OK so far, haha!

Mick, sorry Jeeves is unwell but you’re really in tune with what’s going on with him. There’s a lot of power in observation. It enables yuo to jump right in & set things straight, good for you! Take it easy on your old self

Det, sounds like you had an awesome weekend!
                      I am crafting anything & everything getting ready for a craft fair on July 20th. Keeps me out of trouble & inside the house where it’s much cooler.

Cyn, sorry to hear you are sick, geez. I hope you get some relief before you start your long drive.
                      Before this week is out I will have all the chickens living in the same quarters & sharing the same play yard (I hope)!! I’ve been getting the young ones used to being outside more & switching them over to the (adult) layer feed. I just hope everyone is nice, LOL

Pauly, I love having the boys over once in a while but they can be tough. It seems to be getting worse & I’m not getting any younger, haha! If & when they come over this week I hope they arrive a lot more peaceful than they did last time. I really don’t like being stuck in the referee position, if you know what i mean.

PQ, no rain here either but we are in position for pop up storms anytime this week. I hope the rest of your week is good & you get to play cards lots & lots

Not much else going on here so I’ll wish everyone a nice night!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

mae all from a rainy yoo kay..its raining but its really warm too..and a high pollen count again..They kept Jeeves in ,and will ring me this morning .Pauly hit it on the head with he has a dodgy belly ,but for us when something doesnt agree we fart belch and burp in one way or another (whether its a rip roarer or a silent but violent blame the dog one!) to get rid of the gas build up..rabbits cant do that so what seems like a simple thing for us is a killer for them.and him having a gyppy tummy even more so.
                        As for the meds ,it is harder to get meds for animals then humans.The vet will charge me per dosage for the meds as opposed to its bottle price ..kind of like buying Scotch in a pub..you pay per tot of Scotch as opposed to bottle price ..bad analogy I know ...when Panda was on meds it cost me from the vet£58 for a large bottle of metacam...but I got the same one online from a supplier for £21...but I needed a prescription from the vet £11.50 for a 3 months..had to send a photo of her ,send her adoption papers and her chip number and fill a questionairre out..and that was every 3 months.
                        hiya ppqp...a chair vacant at the bridge table....not for long I bet ...whats the rennyvations you are getting done?
                        hiya Det...you good mate ? it sounds like it ...Groping mode ?ha ha ..make hay while the sun shines friend ...a good few years afore it turns into groaning mode! only kiddin ..its what you make it.Havent treid local honey ..Ive heard that before too ..but there isnt any local honey producers round here but will defo keep eyes open ...have a good one .
                        hiya Pauly ..you well girl?...a4 hour drive isnt far?that for me is about on real roads about 250 miles ...though I have doe a lot less on crappy traffic jam roads ..I remember once in Canada asking directions and got the reply its just down the road .....like 26miles down the road!!!!
                        hiya tee gee hope you are feeling better today?Clothing boxes ? I used to have going out ,jotting around and working clothes ...they kind of meld into 1 nowadays ..its what works best or what Im in at the time!Yes my next hike proper is the Brecon Beacons ,thats what the training is for ...but along the way I have picked up the taste for the great outdoors again..I trained for last years too ,so its just about decreasing those gaps.Even retired sometimes I struggle for time!So after the Brecons ,Im doing the Samara gorge in Crete,then when I come home will be doing a few shorter oneswith Julie more regular ,traing then becomes fun if that makes sense.,and doing longer ones every now and again with my friend
                        Originally the idea was to do the Brecons as training for one later in the year ..the intention was to do the desert trek...thats 5 days crossing the Sahara desert ..but tbh ,the funding you need is crazy ,considering it would be for charity ,plus if Im truthful I dont think Im fit enough atm.So that for me is knocked on the head
                        Dont know what next years one is going to be ..but we have chucked a few ideas around..the main thing we have decided is instead of helping a charity ,we are aiming to help an individual..for numerous reasons..political financial and emotional. We have and still are toying with the idea of a para drop and hike sort of thing ..something that stretches us a bit..I think there will possibly be 8 of us ..I know not ...so if anyone has any ideas do tell.
                        Hiya Lav,hows you then? good I hope ?Im sure you can still handle the referreeing ,tho I agree ...why should you ..Next doors garden has been virtually stripped now ..30ft x 30 of soil ..all the plants etc gorn...but thats for the kids to play on when the artifical grass is laid ..the front little bit will be their "show"garden.

right folks orf I go ..await the call from the vets ..

Comment

MAe all -

Mick, wow, you are rocking the hiking! It all sounds fabulous, particularly the connection with nature... we have to work at that in this modern world, right? Personally, I'm glad that you skipped the Sahara... sounds a bit dicey for a few reasons... Breton is more my dream than the desert! Hope all turns out to be well for Jeeves.

Lav, so sorry that you have to be playing the referee. How is the younger one doing? Things a little better? Good luck on your crafting - sounds like you are making great progress, working so far ahead.

Pauly, I missed that you took a trip - glad that all went well and you are safe home.

Det, keep enjoying those movies!

PPQ, we are having thunderstorms here this morning... I love the sound of the thunder. I took the dog out around 5:30, and we walked right into a group of 3 fawns grazing... we were all surprised! I've been observing these 3 since we arrived, and they are quite tame; they go a little ways away and lie down and stare at us... amazing. I need someone to teach me to play cards... I put a deck of cards into my travel pack, in case my friend who is driving with me (part way) knows some games... we'll see. My grandmother used to play solitaire by the hour...

Hello to Sam and all else.

I was in a bit of a black mood this morning, feeling unwell. So I looked up a healing meditation by the "Honest Guys" (Lav and Pauly, you will remember how much I like their work), and after doing that I really do feel better and hopeful. So I am sending all a lot of white light and hopefulness today. Cheers...

Comment

Mae everybody,Cyn I didn't take a trip Det is going this weekend to my favorite spot Newport Beach I want to go again this summer but hubs wants to go to Malibu,I don't but we'll figure it out,glad yo feel somewhat better, sometimes a cold gives me the blues too,think it's inflammation or something makes my brain sad I guess,Mick,yuck no Sahara, sounds awful,I think doing a walk for something where you know where the money is truly going is spot on,I don't trust charities sometimes,the one they set up here for the victims of that shooting a couple of years back only doled out a portion of the money to the victims and I think ALL the money should be given to the victims if that's what people intended to give to,can't believe that it's harder to get animal meds than people meds,hope Jeeves is better Lav,I'm a referee,maid, athletic runner,chef,etc when the boys are over haha but those boys make me happy so it evens out,Romeo likes to fake sneeze now it sounds so cute PQ,glad you got to play yesterday,ugh grogsville this morning,more coffee needed much love and wishes for a great BF Tuesday
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening Abberhaves,

Hot again today just as predicted. Can't wait for Fall, LOL
                              We decided to go visit our elderly friend & former neighbor after dinner. She's moving into an assisted living facility this week. It's sad on the one hand but a very good idea on the other. She needs assistance with a lot of things, her walking is not that great these days either. She's so concerned about having to leave all of her things behind. You just can't take much when you are moving into a small living space. Her short term memory sucks but she does have good memories from the old days with her family at least. Getting old sucks.
                              Oh & we drove down to Aberdeen, MD this morning to get a load of fresh compost ~ very exciting, haha!!

Mick, I hope the news about Jeeves was good. We do a lot to care for our animal friends, don't we?
                              I can't imagine laying artificial turf for the kids to play on - that's just weird to me & I think it would cause some extra injuries to the kids.

Cyn, my younger grandson SEEMS to have turned a corner with his behavior but that's primarily because he's been more consistent with taking his medication. He fell a bit behind in his schoolwork because of his behavior problems so he will be going to a 4 week summer school program to get him up to grade level. That starts next month. Keeping my fingers crossed for that kid.
                              I often listen to the Honest Guys meditations, they are great!
                              I'm pretty sure you can Google how to play card games, LOL. That's a good idea for your trip! How you are feeling much better.

Pauly, my mom used to call herself 'chief cook & bottle washer' back in the day, haha. Now I know what she meant!
                              I hope the rest of your day was good.

Hello PQ, what's up?
                              Det, how about you?

Have a nice night everyone.
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X