june30 th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

june30 th

there you go pauly..now you can post ...how are we all today?good I hope ..it was supposed to rain here last night ..it didnt ..twas supposed to rain here today..it didnt..very cloudy and overcast though
    Ive been in the loft since 5am this morning doing my lighting on the railway...I wasnt sure I could do it every individual building is on a switch..that means I can switch them on as I please ..the same with the blue flashing light on the cop car.I thought jeeves was a bit iffy last night ,so went to give him meds all the way up to getting it al ready he then starts eating the grass....
    hope everyone has a great day today.

"My grandad isn't one of these grandads who constantly bangs on about the Second World war" Said my scouse friend

"He's 34" I replied.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: june30 th

Good evening everyone!

Just got home from an early dinner in honor of 46 years of blessed marriage, haha! I can’t even remember who I was back then other than a young person with big hopes & dreams. Some came true, some did not but I’m alive & still kickin

Mick, your video was fantastic, thanks!
    You must have sweat a ton up in that foil box getting all that stuff working. Very nice :welldone:

Hello to Pauly, PQ, Det, Sam, Pie & anyone else stopping by.

We decided today that if we are still alive & well in 4 years we are going to throw a big backyard bash to celebrate 50 years!!!
    We can hire one of the local guys to do a pig roast for the carnivores, haha & a caterer for the rest of the food. Sound good??

Have a nice night everyone!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...sounds like Jeeves is doing much better. You're going to have to put all those switches on timers. LOL

Lav...congrats on 46 years. The backyard bash for your 50th sounds great, just let me know when. LOL

I think we actually had summer today, which was nice seeing as how we're back to rain all next week.

Shout out to the rest, have a great evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,Lav Happy Anniversary! You have been married a long time and I think a party for your 50th sounds great, amazing how the years pass by Mick,loved the video,such detail in everything,very cool,PQ,glad you had a nice weekend it sounds like,hubs smoked chicken and ribs yesterday it turned out good as always haha,he hasn't smoked anything that hasn't turned out good so I'm glad we got it for him,was a great investment haha slept like crap last night,feel it this morning oh well,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Monday!
        Last edited by paulywogg; July 1, 2019, 08:01 AM.
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all..how are we today then?hope we are good ...been for physio this morning ,been out in the garden and its raining now....thanks for your comments on the railway,..as you can see Im kinda more into the fiddly stuff.lets have a brew then.
          hiyaLav ,happy anniversary ,46 years blessed or blasted marriage. :congratulatory: Yes I sweated tons when I was doing that wiring was like being on gas mark 7 in an oven.that sounds like a plan for the five oh.

hi ppqp..yep I couldnt find the switches when I put the lights out !!duh..Im still not convinced with Jeeves..I watched him eating ,but its very sporadic ..now whether thats him and his eating habit ,or whether he is still poorly I need to watch.so has summer continued for you today?

hiya pauly ,how are you then?all good I hope...so I take it hubs has got a smoking machine?ribs n chicken yum yum

a big hello to everyone else take care and have a good day

I don't understand it nowadays when people get tattoos all over their arms, legs and torso it looks like you're an old, scribbled on, school desk in detention class.

My neighbour just walked past with two dogs.
          I said to him, "I didn't know you had any dogs."
          He replied, "They're not my dogs, they're my sisters."
          I said, "Wow, your sisters are really fcking ugly."

What do cats like for breakfast ...Mewsli

Childless couples; don’t have a baby until you’ve had a two-week trial living with an insomniac bagpipe-player with dysentery.

"Your husband's had a myocardial infarction, Mrs. Johnson. Is there a history of heart trouble in his family?"

"Well, his Dad's heart stopped once."

"When was this?"

"When he died."

How many times can you sell a homing pigeon on eBay ?
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Impromptu trip to Sylvan Lake, about an hour north of me, today visiting relatives and celebrating Canada Day. Got to take advantage of day 2 of summer. Just got back as the clouds, rain and wicked windstorm started.

Mick...your video is great! There's been lots of changes on the ol' railway, wow. Loved the lights that did come on and hope you didn't stub anything looking for the other switches. LOL Glad you're keeping a close eye on Jeeves. From personal experience things can seem fine one day and not so fine the next. I've decided when I die I want to come back as one of your rabbits. We have dropped 15 degrees in the last 15 minutes! Showers and thunder storms for the next 7 days.

How many times can you sell a homing pigeon on eBay ? :rotlf:

Pauly...I think the best thing about the investment is hubs does the cooking. LOL Hope you get a better sleep tonight. I've been out of my routine with 4 days off so I'm hoping I get a good sleep tonight. Not taking afternoons off this week as the plan is to put in a new server and upgrade all the workstations, will keep me busy. Any overtime I'm tacking onto more long weekends.

Not sure what's for dinner tonight, will have to see what's in the fridge. Hoping we all have a restful evening...:smile:PPQP
            Last edited by porqoui; July 1, 2019, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Greetings friends,

Still hot & ugly here,yuck. I am already over this summer BS, haha!!
              Still can’t sleep & feel like I’m dragging all day. I just sleep better in fall & winter for some reason.

PQ, Happy Canada day! Glad you got out to see some family & friends
              I see we are due for rain the rest of the week but it doesn’t look like it’s going to cool down any. Good luck with your new server & workstation upgrades.

Pauly, I feel like I’ve been married my entire life ~ almost!
              My son has a smoker & does lots of meats. Of course we haven’t had an invitation over there for many years. Don’t get me started. I stopped inviting them over for dinners & cookouts quite a while ago, have they even noticed? Ha ha. I feed the boys whenever they’re here though.

Mick, it seems to be raining everywhere right now, weird. We are into hurricane season but nothing has developed yet, thank goodness.
              My daughter & her family are heading up to the mountains Wednesday to camp for a few days. I hope they have better weather, no fun camping in the rain! We heard from the son of our elderly friend today. He is getting ready to sell her house now that she is in the care facility. He’s going to find someone to appraise the massive train collection his father left - it’s huge.

Hello to Det & Sam & everyone.
              Have a nice night!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Happy Unhung Monday ABeroooos!

oh my, got to catch up. Mick has a train video? must find that for sure.

We were going to Newport but ended up in Santa Monica (long story) but it was a hoot and much fancy food and beach-going activity was enjoyed
                by the 3 of us. We even went on the roller coaster on the pier and an old-fashioned wooden horse carousel. I swam and body-surfed for hours
                and really got the ol tan going strong now. Here's a few of my typically 'out there' photos of the festivities at night using a slow shutter for effect:

*pictures* Shared album - Xring007 - Google Photos

Lav, mega kudos on your 46 anny!!!!!! what a trooper you are, and still smiling

still getting my stuff and laundry all sorted here so a brief post tonight.

So happy to report that even amidst all the drunken touristy places and festivities that the thought of boozing
                didn't even cross my my for a second. What a relief. yay! life is pretty darned good. Did manage a huge back ache
                from the long drive but that's ok and all better now. And who doesn't like snuggling on fresh hotel sheets?

PPQ, in my finest singing voice: Oooooooh Caaaaanaaaadaaaaaaaahhh! :P
                hope you had fun despite the weather.

time for zzzzz

gnight loves and be well
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

hiya all...how are we then today? good I hope.leg a wee bit sore,hope its ok for the weekend.Sun is out today ,was dark this morning but ok now...just been experimenting with wiring for the lights on the railway.as well as trying to get things sorted for going away .Still a bit concerned with Jeeves but according to Julie Im paranoid..

hiya Det ....well mate ...first off well done on despite all the touristy stuff etc you never even thought of the booze..you really have turned the corner mate..Im so chuffed for you

hiya Lav ,how are you then today? good I hope.Thats sad about your son,..yes it isnt has fault ,but life is too short to hold grudges ...I made up with my mother before she died ,and glad I did.I love camping in the rain ..ok lying in my van is a bit different from lying under canvas .love to see that layout of your neighbours but hey ..hope it fetches a good return for his work and interest.

hiya ppqp ...you are welcome to come back as one ofthe rabbits ,hay kale digestive biscuits ..youve got it made !!yep theres been changes on the railway ,Im learning as I go along..I enjoy it to be honest.

hiya pauly you well?I hope so..

hiya everyone..hope you are well..

According to my latest Bank Statement, I have enough money to live in luxury for the rest of my life.
                  As long as I die tomorrow.

If you don't believe in horses does that make you a neightheist?

I don't wish to appear like I'm showing off or something but people put bricks through my windows just so they can hear me practicing my saxophone louder!

Where do Crocodiles post their selfies?

Snapchat

Comment

Good evening folks,

Well a great big storm just rollled in - hope it cools things off a bit. It was 94 & humid again today, yuck.

Det, sounds like you had a real fun adventure, nice
                    It truly is freedom to enjoy yourself without AL thoughts ruining everything!! I am very happy for you!

Mick, I’m happy to report my daughter informed me today that she rented an air conditioned cabin for their camping trip, LOL
                    I think that was a great choice & now I won’t be worried about them in a stinking little tent if storms pop up like we’re having now.
                    I will keep hope that my son & daughter get back on speaking terms before one of us oldies croaks!
                    I never thought to take a picture of that train layout. I’ll look thru FB & see if his son has any on there, he may.

Hello to PQ, Pauly, Cyn, Sam & anyone else stopping by.
                    We’ve lost the satellite TV, next goes the power, oh boy.

Have a nice night everyone!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...at least when it rains here the temperature goes down. Shouldn't say that too loud though as I heard we're going down to 35F tonight with a risk of frost. :shutup: Not sure when the server install is going to happen but was planning for sometime this week. We will probably do it overnight so everything's working in the morning. Fingers crossed.

Det...glad you had a good time even if it wasn't Newport Beach. Nice pics, looks like it was a good family place. Isn't it great realizing that you didn't even think about booze!

Mick...it was dark and rainy here this morning too but the sun did come out. Hope your leg improved, you take it easy. I wonder if I'll like kale in my new life. LOL I hope Jeeves is ok and that Julie is right about you being paranoid.

Gman...good to see you've been lurking around. Hope all is well with you.

Full day of work today but it went by really fast. Couldn't believe the work waiting for me after just taking Friday off. Gotta say it was really nice not to have the prog coord in! Hoping to get an afternoon of bridge in tomorrow. During the summer months it's a drop in scenario so never know how many will show up. Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,hope everyone has a great BF Wednesday!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

afternoon all..how is we today then?good I hope ..it is really hot again today,26 degreez whatever that is in funny munny...blinds man has been ,fitted blinds to the dining room window.Gotta say well done to the womens soccer team from the yooessay..played well.A friend of ours ,his daughter was playing last night .
                          And tomorrow is the 4th..Independence day...the day when you split from Britain and became masters of your own destinies..a fewe hundred years on ,Britain ..through its agent Scotland sent a Scotswoman to New York ,where she met a New Yorker ,married him ,and produced a sibling ,which they called Donald.. what goes round comes round I think the saying goes ...ha ha.,.
                          seriously have a great day..Im packing tomorrow ready for ther offski on Fri am
                          hiya ppqp....cards today?do you have a card school or is it justwho is there at the time?have a good one anyway.

hiya Lav ..hows you today then?good I hope..Im sure yuor lad will sort it out chatting I mean.have a good day.

hiya pauly how are yuo doing today?ok I hope ..you ready for thanksgiving? have a great day.

To all on here ..have a great 4th of July funday..

Be careful with the John Denver voiced satnav.

It will only take you home via country roads.

There is a scandal emerging of migrants , held in American border facilities , having no access to soap or toothpaste.

Or , as I am sure it will come to be known , Col-Gate.

People seem surprised by the level of London knife crime. But when you look at the City of London flag, it has a sword in the top quarter. A sword that represents the beheading of Saint Paul, patron Saint of London.

Looking at the Essex flag (and in typical Essex fashion) it has three cutlasses.

Just saying

lost my post!!!!!

Comment

Greetings friends,

The heat & humidity continues, yuck. Can’t stay outside for more than 5 minutes without feeling sick.
                            I’ve made no plans for tomorrow, think I’ll sit inside & enjoy the cool air
                            I am not happy about the parade plans Trump put together for DC tomorrow. He’s insane to waste $2.5 million dollars (our tax dollars).
                            Vets are homeless, lacking healthcare, children are in interment camps suffering like dogs & Trump wants to parade tanks down Pennsylvania Ave. I can’t wait until this nightmare presidency is over.

Mick, tomorrow is your 7 year AF anniversary, yay for you :welldone:
                            We all benefit from your positive energy every single day!!
                            Take care of yourself & don’t let the heat get to you. I hope Jeeves is better.

PQ, I’ll take your frost!!!! Seriously!!! I can’t believe your weather changes that drastically, it’s crazy!!

Pauly, hello to you!

Hello to Cyn, Det, Sam & anyone else dropping by.

Have a nice night all!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...the frost didn't appear but it was mighty cool this morning. Mostly sunny today and now the clouds are rolling in and temp dropping again. Showers early this evening changing to rain overnight and continuing for a couple of days. Gotta say all this rain followed by a couple of hours of heat has sure got the gardens looking great. Need to get a pic up for you guys. Carrot tops plans reminds me of 2 little boys saying my tanks are bigger than yours. I think we'll all be glad when the nightmare is over.

Mick...is that the rest of the blinds to go up? It will sure help keep it cool inside. I think watching sports is so much better when you know someone who is participating. Tomorrow may be Independence Day but to me it's Mick Day! Congrats and like Lav says you are so appreciated on this thread. I may have all your adventures confused but are you off to Crete on Friday? I think you and Julie are doing a hike while you're there. Alas no card playing today, nary a seat to be found. LOL It's just a case of who shows up during the summer and all the ladies say "I'll go home and you can play." No way, they're the ones who actually paid for the program.

Pauly...short and sweet pop ins are better than no pop in. Hope you had a good day.

TG...thinking of you and hope your road trip is going ok.

Det...back to a normal work week? I bet you live for your weekends. LOL

With the temp dropping and rain just starting I've decided I want real food for supper tonight. So it's prime rib roast, roast potatoes and cauliflower with cheese. Must get at it. Have a restful evening all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X