July Army Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July Army Thread 2019

Thought I'd get the rabbits up and do the pinch punch thing early in up-over land.............haven't had half an hour to myself in the last couple of days in the nicest possible way. I am overtired and can't sleep and the man that can in the bathroom is arriving at 7.30pm. I've got next door's keys to use his facilities.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] welcome home, lambie. Was wondering about SIL........was it last year she had the shakes on the plane?
    Rosie's prolly in a proper sulk...........I know that Bess left with anyone else won't 'speak' to us for a few days if she'd left with other people............usually people that I share DNA with and have no police record.
    [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]............I can't do on-line food shopping. There's still a 500g of Flora margarine left in a basket from about 2005.
    Get your CV out there..........any chance of re-training and being paid or a lucrative paper round. Is he by any chance a graduate? We used to squash them when I was in the bank. Had no idea how to do a tea and coffee run and that's not a good start.
    A shout out to [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION].....you were marvelous with my low potassium/kidney stuff last year..........I've lost pounds recently (on top off all the weight I lost last year) due to the stress the last few months and now I need another favour...........any idea that doesn't contain too much fat & sugar????

Waves and love to everyone for a lovely July. I know its a big month for me and the memories are flooding back.........but more of that later

:heartbeat:
    Last edited by JackieClaire; June 30, 2019, 07:01 PM.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Re: July Army Thread 2019

Evening All,
    He is a PhD student as well as working for us (to his own schedule, as it suits him) JC. Part of the protected species programme as my colleague says. I rather like to call him a 'delicate genius' if you were ever a Seinfeld fan. Lazy, privleged twat fits too.

Not long now JC until your big day.

Glad you had a great time Staz and good to see you back in one piece. Have you ever had a conversation with the SIL about her drinking?

Mary I am far from malnourished. I'm afraid that's only the beginning of what needs to come off my rump but I'll get there without the need for hangover food.
    Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; July 1, 2019, 06:34 AM.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hello all. Glad you had a great time. Sorry about Rosie, that must be a worry to you. I would not like to leave my boys if I could help it.

Hope the bathroom goes well Jax.

Bridget your boss seems to be a right dick. I think graduates can tend to be a self important just because they can memorise shit and get a certificate to prove it.

Off work today as cannot go back until I see optician and can put my contact lenses in. See him wednesday. I will work Weds to Fri this week hopefully as I really do not want to take sick leave as I will be taking it from next week. Op is monday and this time next week will all be done. Been prepping and cleaning like a mad woman. Mr S has had a taste of carer over the last few days and has been very good

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
        ....I've lost pounds recently (on top off all the weight I lost last year) due to the stress the last few months and now I need another favour...........any idea that doesn't contain too much fat & sugar????
        That is such a tricky question, JC, because we all are different and it sounds like maybe your metabolism has changed. Most women around our age find it harder to lose weight than it used to be but some people go the opposite way.

Carbohydrates (especially sweet and fatty ones like desserts but non-sweet carbs, also) generally lead to weight gain for a couple reasons -- they set up the hormonal environment to favor fat deposition (and no body fat burning) and they tend to be the foods that trigger overeating. The combination of those 2 things can pack on the weight. But --- some people are just very resistant to weight gain. No matter how much or what they eat, they burn it off. My husband and son are like that. Plus, it sounds like you are a stress-noneater, like me. So, if you're stressed, you aren't likely to continue eating past the point of fullness of anything, no matter how tasty and dopamine-triggering. When I am stressed, I can barely force myself to eat at all.

I'd encourage you to eat Real Food with emphasis on carbs like potato, yam, other root veggies, fruit, etc. I also would eat other real foods like meat, eggs, dairy foods, etc. But, it could be that your "set point" has changed and your body is going to defend a weight less than it used to be. Some people reading this will not think that sounds like a problem but I've been where you are and found it much harder to force myself to eat than it ever had been not to eat. Especially if you are eating small quantities, the food should be as nutrient-dense as possible so that you get everything your body needs to be healthy. Whichever way a person is trying to go in terms of body weight, the more overall health can be the goal, the better. All the best to you and I hope you have a fabulous time at the wedding. xx, NS

Comment

Never had talk with SIL re drinking - apart from her saying she will give it up soon - that's not a conversation I'm about to et dragged into.
          As Mers says it keeps me on the straight & narrow watching her - knowing & remembering how all-consuming it was.
          I am an evil cow I know .............. but makes me happy that something in her life is less than perfect - does that make sense ?
          That I have done something she cannot do ?

As the one who did most on farm - MrS twin was left land & house from parents - so she's loaded.
          Her perfect daughter with 4 beautiful grandchildren & huge house
          And now her perfect son just married to the perfect ( "an angel") wife in a free gaff on the farm. FFS !!!

Jealous ? Bitter & twisted ? - Yes yes & yes :haha:

Comment

What a problem to have [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION].
            I gained 7 lbs on holiday. I eat well but binge on nuts ( covered in honey & seeds) & chocolate & dessert & bread while the others were drinking.

I never put on an ounce on holiday when I was drinking

Comment

Oh and in the heat I SWELL up - fingers, ankles, the lot :egad:
              And I've yet to deflate :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                As the one who did most on farm - MrS twin was left land & house from parents - so she's loaded.
                Her perfect daughter with 4 beautiful grandchildren & huge house
                And now her perfect son just married to the perfect ( "an angel") wife in a free gaff on the farm. FFS !!!
                That sounds to me like a fake Facebook persona. I bet there is a lot she doesn't let others know about, in addition to her drinking, which she isn't even able to hide too well anymore.

I know several beautiful people with big houses and perfect children who are miserable. I was never beautiful but I know people thought I had a problem-free life because that is all that I ever let anyone see -nice house, nice family, good job, no worries... And because I didn't overdrink in front of others, even that was hidden. And I was miserable to the point of not caring whether I lived or died.

Looks can be very deceiving. Be proud of you and let your thoughts about her go, Satz. Maybe someday you'll be able to help her. xx
                Last edited by NoSugar; July 1, 2019, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Evening everyone. Welcome back Satz, hope Rosie has forgiven you. We had a dog once who went on dirty protest every time we went away. Appearances can be deceptive, you never know what anyone else is going through. You have every reason to be proud of yourself and it is up to her to sort herself out.

Have no doubt that you will sort young upstart out Bridget, no better woman. Glad Mr S was such a good carer. This time next week it will all be over. Wish I had your problem JC, some good advice there from No Sugar. Working full time next two weeks so busy busy.

Comment

Just going to be short as I'm zorsted after listening to all the hard work in the bathroom. Its looking good so far and they're so tidy.

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION].....thank you, thank you, thank you. Hit the nail on the head with the stress 'non-eater'. Looking back I have never turned to food when upset/stressed/unhappy, even as a youngster. I'm a UK8/US6 at the moment..........my normal fighting weight is UK12 and I look scrawny.
                    For the first time in a long time I'm enthused about food.
                    Might just set up a grazing platter as I get over-faced with too much on my plate. Christmas day when I look at the piled plates it makes me feel nauseous.

I was usually three-quarters loaded if we went out in company so a lot of people thought I was a proper light-weight.

Honestly will talk more tomorrow when I get time.

Love, hugs and goodly thoughts to all.:hug:
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening everyone. How is the work going JC? Bet you will be glad to see it finished. Hope you ok Starty? Hi Mary, Bridget, Satz and everyone else. Busy day and trying to keep on top of the housework when I come home in the evening. Definitely prefer my 2 day working week.

Comment

Quite here today.
                        The bathroom is nearly finished. Just the flooring to finish and the man that can is going try and make a couple of shelves with the leftovers. His work has been amazing. Helps he's well over 6 feet tall and very Viking-like. Easy on the eye of a bored housewife.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].........your tale about the SIL brought one of those internal shame shudders. I remember years ago being in Spain and waiting for the airport transfer from the hotel. I had two miniature bottles of vodka in my bag and kept nipping of to the toilet to chug one down to stop the shakes until 'accepted' drinking at the airport. What a way to live.......:sad:

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]....will be thinking about you tomorrow.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                          Quite here today.
                          The bathroom is nearly finished. Just the flooring to finish and the man that can is going try and make a couple of shelves with the leftovers. His work has been amazing. Helps he's well over 6 feet tall and very Viking-like. Easy on the eye of a bored housewife.
                          :harhar: Jacqueline Claire!!!
                          Yep, I can relate the the SIL obsession and the lengths required to conceal the bursting urge to down a drink. Preferably in private. Then plot a plan to ensure an ample supply for the rest of the evening, while appearing perfectly normal, 'sure dont most people do this!' yea, right.
                          SIL can have the big gaff and the perfect kids, wouldn't swap her world for anything.
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning,
                            [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]......should have said this the other day........Comóradh sásta..............look at me bilingual

The Viking should be finished by lunchtime. Mind you, there's only so much you can go with wet wipes. I am so looking forward to a shower. My hair is like straw.

Back later.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

God that was a quick bathroom renovation. Mine once took 5 weeks. With young children. In the middle of Winter. No vikings to look at.
                              After a meeting with two of the imperious leaders this afternoon I have recalibrated my definition of stupidity. I can't even be arsed telling you all about it, it's so gormless. I do so wish that there'd been a secret camera though. I'd like Karl Pilkington to do the voiceover on the footage, please. "An Idiot in the Boardroom"

One more day before I shut the door and swallow the key for the weekend.
                              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                              X