One Step at a Time - July 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - July 2019

I really like this - might feel like small steps but they lead to such big achievements.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Re: One Step at a Time - July 2019

Happy July

Bird - I never said how great I thought you did the other day when you got too hungry and stressed. You really did great on not drinking.

Sorry for not being around this weekend. I was reading my Dean Koontz book and finally finished it. So good but too scary. There were parts in there talking about how we are tracked in everything we do and everywhere we go. Cars and phones with the gps tracking on them. Phone records. Facial recognition cameras everywhere. Traffic cameras, business's outdoor security cams.
    You all were talking about your phones listening to you. I have thought the same thing about being listened to. That's why we won't have Alexa in our house.

Rusty - I hope you are having a wonderful, relaxing time with your sister.

I've got to get to bed but wanted to get July started. Pauly & Liz :hug:

Glassie, NS, Techie and all visitors - Here is to a happy July
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy July all! Yep,I was writing a review for a car rental place we use,it's just a local little place ran by a nice couple and I was scrolling down and there were pics of every business I've been to in the past month! I know it's gps but still have me the creeps,no Alexa for me either Nora,I don't get the point anyway,Liz,I think cravings are harder in the summer for some reason,maybe cuz the fantasy,maybe cuz of our losses during the summer months who knows,I've been seeing all the commercials geared towards summer fun and new sparkly fruity drinks,ugh,last time I drank I tried those fruity drinks and barfed cuz they were just too sweet,it's all disgusting anyways,Kell her BF and the boys are headed to my hometown today,I'm very nervous about them traveling,I hate being a stalker mom but that's just how I am,I know they'll be fine I just imagine awful things,I dont like how it's a two lane road the whole way,waves to Bird and Rusty,hope we all have an easy AF Monday!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi all,
        Nora, I am reading a Dean Koontz too. It is freaky with all the cameras these days, everywhere, you really have to be out in the boonies to get away from it. Google earth is kinda weird when you think about it....Pauly I worry myself sick when my kids are traveling, so many weirdos out there and people driving and looking at phones. I sure have worse cravings in summer, winter is easier for me in many ways. I am sick of summer already haha....Liz, I had a dream about Logan the other night after seeing your fb story before bedtime. ....Rusty I see you are having a good time...I am busy reading ,there is so much reading with this class....

Comment

Bird so funny how mwo members pop into our dreams sometimes

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey all, Happy July! [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], OMG, I thought I was the only one worrying about my adult kids traveling. Erin and Dan are taking Logan down to Delaware to his parents summer beach house! I've thought up every horrendous scenario in my mind! It's definitely a mommy thing! [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], we have Alexa in the house. I'm not sure why. She's like google without the keyboard. I've got nothing to hide, so listen on in! Mark applied for preapproval on a mortgage last Monday night. He has been getting all kinds of loan and credit card applications in the mail starting just a few days after. They sell your info and the junk mail starts coming. It's crazy!
            Pauly, I think your right about the summer drinking. They make it look so cool and refreshing. I used to love to sit outside in the evening with a glass of wine.
            I'm going to the beach tomorrow, or as we say in jersey, "down the shore." The office manager and I are playing hooky. I'm really looking forward to it!
            Nora, thanks for starting this month off! Hope you all had a great AF Monday!
            Last edited by Lizann; July 1, 2019, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Hi - hope it was a wonderful day for everyone. Long day here but at least I get Thursday & Friday off. Yahoo!!

Liz - when Casey got the DUI, we were immediately being inundated with offers from lawyers and everything else. That must be someone's job.....check the police log?

Well - I guess I don't have anything interesting going on. LOL Nothing new to complain about either. :rotlf:

I agree with the summer drinking - all the ads make it look like they're having so much fun. They don't show my reality. Hangover, shakes, guilt and on and on.
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Well, our cat got scared of the big explosions. He got in underneath my neighbor's house. Hope he can get back out of that vent. :egad:
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning friends,Nora, Winslow has been a wreck with all the fireworks! Seems like he's gotten worse in his old age he's now shivering and his heart races when he hears them,found him sleeping in my shower the other night poor thing Kell is irritated with my mom cuz my mom is being.... herself,just whiny,bitchy, judgy I hope she's better today but it's got me again rethinking going at the end of the month,I also decided I might go into work for a few hours on the fourth,hubs has to work anyways and( this is dumb) it's hard for me to want to be sober on the fourth so I'd rather be at work than here fighting that shit off,grrr,much love to all and wishes for a happy and healthy AF Tuesday!

Comment

For NoraC,

I tried responding to your PM, but I got this error message:

NoraC has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

oopsie. lmk when I can send my message to you. I'm really happy to connect to someone else here with fibro.
                    BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Originally posted by BelleGirl View Post
                      For NoraC,

I tried responding to your PM, but I got this error message:

NoraC has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

oopsie. lmk when I can send my message to you. I'm really happy to connect to someone else here with fibro.
                      Sorry about that. Will clear it as soon as I get home. osteroops:
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], I don't think your reason for working is dumb at all. Do whatever you need to, to stay sober! [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]. Glad you've got a four day weekend coming up. You can really just rest up!
                        Went to the beach today with my coworker. We had a lovely day! It did end up getting humid by the time we left but it is July. It's a long drive and we hit traffic on the way home. The water was nice and cold and clear! Such a fun summer thing to do! off to get some laundry done before bed. Have a great AF night!

Comment

[MENTION=16180]BelleGirl[/MENTION] - I cleared my box. I was shocked when I heard it was full. Ha, ha

Liz - that sounds like such a fun summer kind of day. Good for you for getting out and having fun!

Pauly - I totally agree with Liz. It's not a dumb reason for working at all. I say to do whatever helps you.

Dinner's ready nthego:
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

This was an email to Belle - Tired of Thinking about Drinking.
                            So many of these really hit home with me. Might not to anyone else but thought I would share.

from CAC (day 21): "Hi Belle, in reply to podcast 003 Dry Drunk*, here is a list of all the things that will get better by being sober:
                            • I will enjoy life
                            • I will be a nicer person
                            • I will not get so stressed out
                            • I will stop all the lies for example:
                              • Hiding how much I drink
                              • Hiding bottles
                              • Buying alcohol and putting it in my large handbag
                              • Going to different local shops to but alcohol, so not all in one store
                              • Lying about how much I drink

• Stop always thinking about where the next drink is coming from, how much I can drink etc
                            • Make my husband and boys feel so much better, and be proud of me, which in turn makes me feel better
                            • Stop getting so emotional and crying
                            • Stop hating myself
                            • Stop making a fool of myself and putting my foot in it
                            • Remember what actually happened the night before
                            • No hangovers and wasted days
                            • Able to visit people on an evening or take someone home or pick someone from the train station late at night take someone to the hospital ...
                            • Not have silly petty arguments or say things I didn’t really mean and not have to pretend I knew what horrible thing I had said the night before, because basically I have no fucking recollection!
                            • Be aware more and live in the moment
                            • Better health
                            • Lose weight and keep my type 2 diabetes in remission
                            • Not have cringeworthy days where I cannot remember what I said or did the previous day
                            • Not fall asleep at 7pm
                            • Have more energy
                            • Sleep better
                            • Get more done
                            • More time for reading, listening to music, cross stitch, playing games cooking and baking
                            • Eliminate the only thing in my life that is controlling me and making me feel shitty! Apart from that have a perfect life and a wonderful husband and kids.
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all...so my garden has gone to hell since I started hip sobriety. It is really hot and dry and some of it has died. I put the sprinklers out this morn but might be too late for some of it....dd1 got her schedule and will have to move to S.C. 3 days early, they won't let her in her apt until move in day so I will have to get her a motel or airbnb...also her health ins is more than double what it was here, hope her financial aid will cover that...dd2 will be back early sat. morn so I will probably spend Fri night in Atl, which you know I do not like Atl. one bit, so looking for something on the outskirts. Would just drive up but would have to leave so early, took us twice as long as usual to get there last time cuz of traffic...Liz, I have alexa too but keep it unplugged. I use it to listen to music sometimes. Glad you had fun at the shore, I remember the long line of traffic heading there every Friday.....Nora, glad you are getting the 4 days off, bet it will be hard to go back. Love the Belle email. Think I am going to keep the cats in the night of the 4th....Pauly, good to go into work, I used to go in on Saturdays sometimes to get through the day. Probably good you didn't do the family visit this week, sounds stressful. I am trying not to think about any trips until I am finished with the school, but it is hard not to. I am so homesick and tired of summer. I get like this every summer when the heat sets in.....well off to read read read...

Comment

Working...
                              X