Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 14th

MAE ALL....

Getting the thread started so Mick has a place to post his pics. Hard enough doing that on your phone let alone starting threads.

Off to put the coffee on....:smile:PPQP

Re: July 14th

morning all,
    summertime and all its hot sweltering glory, thanks for the kick off PQ, sewconde cup here then off to it!
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hiya folks..on the way back. We both did the gorge trek the temperature was between 31 and 36 degrees. I've put some pics on Facebook will put some on here in the morning
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings folks & Happy Bastille day too

PQ, all this stupid rain has rotted our entire red potato crop
        YB was not a happy camper today when he tried harvesting them. Between the heat & the dampness I don’t know how anything is surviving.

Sam, sick of this summer yet? We certainly are!

Cyn, good to see you checking in again. I hope your hubs gets well soon. Take advantage of the downtime & try to relax.
        If your dog wants more snakes to play with just let me know, haha!!

Mick, your hike pics were gorgeous! Wow, that sure is some rocky terrain.
        I hope you are recovered & can relax a bit now.

Det, you must be BUSY!

Pauly, where have you been besides FB?

My oldest grandson requested a day with me so I went & got him. His dad came to pick him up & had dinner with us which was nice. Unexpected fun is extra nice
        Have a good night all!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hiya all lazy day today..my thighs are aching a wee bit..but in my head I still want to do things..madam thinks I'm nuts..she did really well .been swimming in the sea but that's about it that gorge trek was fantastic..every kilometre there was a marker. 10 they to 12 were just nightmares. The size is unbelievable of the place.sorry about the potatoes lav..red potatoes..you mean sweet potatoes? Hiya Teigen glad you have everything under control. Hiya ppqp and pauly...here's some pics folks
          IMG-20190715-WA0043.jpg
          20190714_151503.jpg
          20190714_144400.jpg
          20190714_144325.jpg
          20190714_142112.jpg
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Some more pics

20190714_142430.jpg
            20190714_173556.jpg

20190714_142712.jpg

20190714_130549.jpg

20190714_134229.jpg

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sam...got a feeling you're a fall person. I know I am.

Lav...I have red potatoes planted too although they're no where near ready for harvesting. It'll be interesting to see what condition they're in. Yes, unexpected fun is extra special. Glad you had a good visit.

Mick...pics look great. Sounds like you had a grand time. I might have to agree with madam. LOL

Been spending my morning going through paperwork as the government assessed my return and wants another $2800!!! How could I have been so far off calculating my 2018 return. :mad-new: Just now figured out that was the amount from 2017 which is covered by my consumer proposal. I can now breathe again. Hope everyone is having a good day...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Somehow I ended up with both boys for the afternoon. Fed them lunch & dinner & a ton of stuff in between & just took them home. My pantry is cleaned out, LOL

Mick, awesome pics! I can’t imagine climbing all that, good job
                I was referring to red skinned white potatoes in our garden. They’re in the compost pile now.

PQ, Having the kids here for 2 days means I am behind on everything else I wanted to do - like getting ready for Saturday’s craft fair. I will prohibit any more visits until I’m completely caught up, haha!
                Glad you have the tax situation under control - PHEW!!!

Hello to the rest of our missing crew & wishing everyone a nice night!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all -

Mick, gorge-gee-ous pictures! That looks like some hike... and to do it right after your other adventure; very impressive. Glad you are safe and soundly home.

Lav, well sounds like the grandkids would most like to live with you!! Glad you saw your son for a bit. Sorry about the potatoes... this is a nutty summer. Here it is at least cool in the mornings and at night - up at 7,000 feet. But the midday sun is brutal, really scorching, I try to stay out of it for now. Good luck with getting ready for the craft fair!

Pauly, nice that you got Kell in a FB shot. What all is going on in your life? I hope things are good.

Sam, sorry about the weather... fortunately no more snakes here (so far!)

PPQ - how are you feeling? Is the leg all healed yet? Any more steak sandwiches in your future?

Det - you must be a busy man... and hey, be careful of your back (wink). Hope all is continuing to be well...

I am maxing out this precious time this week to work ahead of the game... it will be such a relief if I can get lots of things ready before next Tuesday. Hubs is in another city doing his work, so it is very quiet here, and the dog and I are having a lovely quiet (non-driving) time! I did attend an event last night - a fundraiser for the local public broadcasting company, and they had brought in the exec. producer of "Nature", who spoke and then showed clips of his favorites from his 38 years with that show - it was fascinating. It was great to have the "backstory" about how the videos are made, the photographers, the animals, etc. (Does anyone remember the show about the man who imprinted the brood of baby turkeys? He showed some video from that... an amazing undertaking...)

Anyway, the work beat goes on here for me , but without a lot of drama or tension, thank goodness!!! I wish happy days for all who stop by here ---

Comment

Hiya all rest ish day today bit of swimming and a walk nothing heavy..its as hot as heck today..supposed to be storms overnightIMG-20190715-WA0046.jpg

[IMG-20190715-WA0047.jpg

Hope you are all having a good day

Comment

Greetings everyone!

I’ve been getting non-stop Excessive heat warnings on my phone all day. Yeah, thanks but I already know it’s hot as hell, ugh.
                      I decided to be pro-active today & went & got all the frizz cut off, haha! Looks like this nasty weather is going to be hanging around for the next week or so.

Cyn, I’m so happy you are enjoying some peaceful time. I hope you & your pup enjoy your cool mornings & evenings
                      The big blackout in NYC last week - would that have affected you too?

Mick, thanks for the pics of Crete, someplace I’ll surely never get to see.
                      Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay,

PQ, how hot is it in Canadia today??????

Hello to Pauly (where are you?), Det, Sam & anyone dropping by.
                      I had no kids here today so I got a chance to get a few things done, LOL

Have a nice night everyone!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...woke up to pouring rain and 53 degrees. The rain quit around 10am and the sun came out. Didn't get much warmer than 62 but our humidity is around 75%. You've still got 3 more days before the fair so I'm sure you'll get what you want finished. Any of the g/kids going with you? I thought you were going to say I had no kids here today so I was able to eat. LOL

TG...glad you had some down time, you deserve it. So I am totally confused, where are you hanging your hat these days? Thought you were in CA then thought you were in Nevada and now I don't know where you are. What happens on Tuesday? You've got to fill us in on your itinery again. I always like to hear the behind the scenes stories but got to say I've never heard of imprinted turkeys. LOL

Mick...when you said you were back I thought you meant home! How silly, what a short trip that would have been. Like Lav, I'll never get to Crete but I sure love the resort you're at.

Pauly...missing your pop ins and need to tell you I'm having quiche for dinner tonight. This will be a first for me!

Shout out to the rest of the gang and hope everyone is doing good.

Going to be a long day tomorrow as the server install/workstation upgrades will be starting around 3pm. Hopefully I'll be home before midnight. Have a great evening all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Happy Tue ABerooooodles!!

wow Mick, those pics are rocking...wish I was there too. One day....

Lav, the heat is crazy here too but you must be reeling with the humidity...egad.
                          hair cut is a great idea. keeping mine short as always helps
                          No kids? par tay!!!!. (yarn, tea, music)

SK? anyone heard from our dear one?

PPQ, hope yer kidding about knocking off work at midnight!
                          first time having quiche or making it? I need to make some... yummo.

Sat was big fun, played like mad in the pool with the ladies and managed a mild but ok sunburn.
                          Sunday I drove all over town looking at possible places to relocate to that would place me closer
                          to work and my 'love therapist' and therefore save me some gas money as well as time wasted
                          in traffic.

Tree, that fundraiser sounds like a really neat event, groovy.

bachelor dinner tonight. homemade Asian cole slaw, various bits of cheese, and a protein shake. oh well.
                          I don't always feel like being super chef dude.

well, still researching some e-commerce material as I get closer to launching my Tshirt store. fun stuff.

Also been ebaying more crap which is good. yepper, busy bee here.

be well loves!
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hiya all..we good today?hope so. Well we had thunder storms last night. Pretty heavy too .well this is it..last full day here..off in the morning..back to little America..its been good ...another place we have seen ..don't know where is next..I did what I wanted to do and that was walk the gorge..not too many years ago that would have been no.think our next UK trip is Cornwall in the van. That should be good too.in the meantime on with the packing...pretty good we pack the cases here in the room put them out they are collected and we don't see them again until Manchester airport. Going for dinner and watch a show a tribute to Motown hope all is well gang x

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Mick, wishing you a safe trip home. Thanks for the pics

Det, good luck looking for a new place. You don’t have a yearly contract on your rental?
                              Last night the temp dropped quite a bit. I let the dog out for a minute around 9:30 pm & the air just smacked me like a brick. It was 72 degrees & the humidity was 76% - yuck!!! I’m having a zero frizz day & I’m happy, haha!

PQ, I sure hope you’re not stuck at work that late, that sucks
                              I love quiche & am even making it dairy free these days, yay. I load it up with tons of veggies, yum.

Pauly, why are you ignoring us?

Cyn, know you are busy & I hope you are feeling 100%

Hello to the rest of the crew.
                              My oldest grandson is here again. (Spending an entire summer at home with his little brother is just too much to ask) Ha ha!!
                              Have a nice night all!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X