Week commencing 21st of July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week commencing 21st of July

Good afternoon all how are we doing today day? Hope all is well. Went to get my eyes tested for contact lenses and surprise surprise it wasn't straightforward. I have something on my eye which makes it curved and lenses need to be specially made.

Anyway on with the show

Hi tree girl how are you today? Again today I am doing this on the voice messaging it certainly saves time I'm. I haven't seen you on Facebook yet, but will keep my eye out for you. So your husband's into the classical music scene is he? Best of luck with the festival

Hi p p q p how are you today? Yes it is pretty smart to understand Scottish so what have you been up to today? Card school ready for next week?

Hi lav And how are you doing today .did you have a good time yesterday ? Sounds like youd

id that's what it's all about

Hiya pauly hope you are well well and that you have had a nice weekend

Right folks, that's me offski take care
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: Week commencing 21st of July

MAE ALL...

Kicking off this weeks thread, so coffee all around. Well I did kick it off and then deleted it when I saw Mick's post. Wouldn't that be great, day didn't start off good so I'll just delete it and start again. LOL

Mick...I tried contacts for awhile but didn't like them. Now I only use my glasses for driving to comply with my license restriction and other than that I don't need them. With my favorite pastime being reading I'm good to go. Hope the bunnies have settled back in and that your weather is good today.

Heading over to relocate the server and get my office in order for tomorrow. Going to be a hot one today with no rain so will check out the condition of the garden.

Back at ya later....PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Well it did hit 100 degrees this afternoon. With the supremely high humidity the feel like temp was 110-115. Crap
      We’ve been promised 2-3” of rain tomorrow & slightly cooler temps, I sure hope so!!!!!

Mick, my daughter wears toric lenses for astigmatism. Her’s need to be ordered special too. She refuses to wear glasses anymore, her peripheral vision suffers with glasses. That poor kid has been half blind since 2nd grade, LOL. Hope you get yours soon. I can’t wear contacqts, they felt very annoying to me. YB wears them too, most of the time.

Took me most of the day to catch up to myself. The last few days were overly busy & the heat has been bugging me.
      Hello to everyone else & wishing a nice night for all.

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hiya all ..how are we today then? good I hope ..well what a day ..it is blowing a gale ,but the temperature is 28 degrees!..they reckon we are in for a heatwave with storms forecast...been up to my friends house today ..he has gota pretty smart railway..making me rethink ...
        anyway ..
        hiya Lav yep saw the 100 degrees on the weather thingy ..did you get the rain?thatsright..I recall now its toric lenses they have to order and I cant get them daily ..its the monthly ones..I have got to agree with your daughter..when II wear glasses it feels like Im looking out of a window ..and I I get bugged that I cant see to the sides ..The only thing is the optician said that ,yes ifyou look far you have toignore the reading part etc and vice versa ..in her words ,its like looking thru a ne curtain ..like i do that as a regular thing .hope I can get used to them.

hiya ppqp ..how are you ? yep the rabbits have settled down ..he takes longer than her..she finds food and is happy !!yes the weather is hot ..Im in the process of redoing my hanging baskets where some of them have died back

hiya everyone else ..you all ok?

There's a type of mustard gas that stays near the ground and only kills people less than 4 feet tall.

It's used in chemical dwarfare.

I bought some Jelly Babies in Aldi.

I’m a bit disappointed they’re not called Aldi Young Dudes.

Just saw an advert on tv for toothpaste with the selling point..

"as recommended by Dentists".

Yes as recommended by Dentists to ensure their patients need endless profitable treatment .

“Let’s twist again like we did last summer.”
        Fck me, this is going to be the longest game of pontoon in history.

I asked my partner to rate my listening skills.

She said 'you're an 8 on a scale of 10'

I don't know why she told me to urinate on a skeleton.

The Psychiatrist told me "You are emotionally retarded with a well below average IQ...

...so I'm prescribing Love Island".

I think I upset the people at the Chinese takeaway when I mocked the accuracy of their fortune cookies.

The last one said: We peed in your soup.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Mick, Aldi Young Dudes, LOL
          We had a half hour of epic lightning last night. We actually stepped out on the deck to watch the show but got no rain.
          A big thunderstorm just rolled thru about an hour ago so we finally got the rain, maybe a half inch. There may be more coming later, who knows? Current temp is 71 degrees, nice
          The eye doctor put my daughter in contact lenses when she was only in 3rd or 4th grade. I thought he was crazy to do that but he convinced me that she would take care of them herself & it would stop/slow down the progression of her eye problems - he was right!!!

Hello to the rest of the usual crew, hope everyone is A-OK

Going to run out between storms & get the birds ready for bed, lol
          Have a nice night!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...it's hot here today as well. Not close to 100 but 86F is hot enough. Oh oh, the rethink is on again. LOL Was going to take a couple of garden pics, we got clobbered by the hail, but didn't even have time to turn around today. First full day of the new system and there's always a few tweaks to be had.

Lav...looks like we're going to be under the heat dome this week with no rain in sight. Reminds me of last summer only BC isn't burning so no smoke. Fingers crossed. I've been leaving my laptop on so I don't have to fight with it and without thinking when I got home I opened the top and promptly hit the power button. Rats! Only took 5 attempts to get going. Hope your weather stays somewhat cooler this week for you.

In early tomorrow, have some more tweaks to make. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to my stack of work soon. Have a good night...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hidy Ho ABerooooooos!!

oh my, lightning storms, hail, craft fairs.... it's the 'end times' for sure!

been a busy but healthy bee here, zipping around selling on Ebay, researching Ecommerce, looking for rental and
              even playing in the pool on Sunday. Went to an indoor trampoline place which is super cool but I was scared to bounce
              around as there were so many little tiny toddlers bouncing I'm sure I would have injured one or a dozen of them, so i relegated
              myself to photo duty and had fun anyway.

yepper, blazing hot all over the place. cooling soon i heard? that would be stellar.

Mick, so glad the eye prescription is treatable...that's the key.

Lav, so jealous of the electrical storm... still waiting for one when I'm off work and can take pics.

PPQ, laptop needs to be reformatted? or HD is about to crap out?

speaking of crap out... I'm just plain tired after this crazy work day. Wishing you all garlic-flavored dreams
              and of course, be well loves.
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

yo dudes...as our eloquent new prime minister said ...how are we all today ?good I hope..yeswe now have our on classclown with a dodgy haircut running the country..oh boy such fun.Weather over heretoday is another one of hotness .com..supposed to be thunderstorms tonight then back to heat again tomorrow..
                hiya Det how are you mate ..you sound as you are still having fun...good for you mate ....enjoy life.

hiya ppqp...how are things with you ...you got the hot weather there? you want some ..?went to see my friends model railway ...yep changing a few things on mine now ...hope the garden is doing good..

hiya Lav...how are you ?hot weather here ..and yes we have Boris..and the new special relationship between uk and yoosa ... ha ha......have a great day..

hiya everyone else..

NASA have sent their congratulations to the Indian space agency, who are sending a payload to the lunar surface.
                A spokesman for the Indian space agency said the module called "costcutter" will be a complete unit including, overpriced tinned goods, magazine stand, beer fridge and lottery terminal

A man was arrested today for feeding the squirrels in the park.

He was feeding them to his Dog.

Quotes and Humour from Groucho Marx

I would never belong to a club that would have me as a member.

Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others.

Women should be obscene and not heard.

I never forget a face, but in your case, I'll be glad to make an exception.

I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.

Don't look now, but there's one too many in this room and I think it's you.

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.

Room service? Send up a larger room.

I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.

Now there's a man with an open mind遥ou can feel the breeze from here.

I didn't like the play, but then I saw it under adverse conditions葉he curtain was up.

The husband who wants a happy marriage should learn to keep his mouth shut and his chequebook open.

Although it is generally known, I think it's about time to announce that I was born at a very early age.

Look, if you don't like my parties, you can leave in a huff. If that's too soon, leave in a minute and a huff. If you can't find that, you can leave in a taxi.

Last night I shot an elephant in my pyjamas and how he got in my pyjamas I'll never know.

How do you feel about women's rights? I like either side of them.

Politics doesn't make strange bedfellows, marriage does.

From the moment I picked your book up until I put it down I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it.

I could dance with you till the cows come home, on second thought I'll dance with the cows till you come home.

Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms.

Marriage is the chief cause of divorce. (Groucho should know, he was married three times)

Paying alimony is like feeding hay to a dead horse.

"Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough."

In a recent news broadcast, it was announced that Lorena Bobbitt's sister Louella, was arrested for an alleged attempt to perform the same act on her husband as her famous sister had done several years ago.

Sources reveal the sister was not as accurate as Lorena. She allegedly missed the target and stabbed her husband in the upper thigh, causing severe muscle and tendon damage. The husband is reported to be in serious, but stable condition, and Louella has been charged with....

?

?

?

?

?

A Misdewiener!

A Queensland farmer got in his ute and drove to a neighbouring farm and knocked at the farmhouse door. A young boy, about nine, opened the door.

"Is your Dad home"? the farmer asked.

"Sorry mate, he isn't" the boy replied. "He went into town."

"Well," said the farmer, "Is your mum here"?

"No, sir, she's not here either. She went into town with Dad."

"How about your brother, Greg? Is he here"?

"He went with Mum and Dad.."

The farmer stood there for a few minutes, shifting from one foot to the other and mumbling to himself.

"Is there anything I can do for ya"? the boy asked politely. "I know where all the tools are if you want to borrow one. Or maybe, I could take a message for Dad."

"Well," said the farmer uncomfortably, "I really wanted to talk to your Dad. It's about your brother Greg getting my daughter pregnant."

The boy considered for a moment.

"You'd have to talk to Dad about that," he finally conceded. "If it helps you any, I know that Dad charges $200 for the bull and $150 for the pig, but I really don't know how much he gets for Greg."

Did you ever wonder why there are no dead penguins on the ice in Antarctica - where do they go?

Wonder no more!

It is a known fact that the penguin is a ritualistic bird which lives an extremely ordered and complex life.

The penguin is committed to its family and will mate for life, as well as maintain a form of compassionate contact with its offspring throughout its life.

If a penguin is found dead on the ice surface, other members of the family and social circle have been known to dig holes in the ice, using their vestigial wings and beaks, until the hole is deep enough for the dead bird to be rolled into and buried.

The male penguins then gather in a circle around the fresh grave and sing:

"Freeze a jolly good fellow".

Then they all kick him in the ice hole.

Two old guys were sitting in the park, talking, when the subject turned to getting older.

The first guy said, "Women have all the luck when it comes to getting older."

"What do you mean?" asked the second guy.

"Well," replied the first. "I can barely remember the last time I was able to get it up in bed, but my wife - she's healthier than ever!"

"Healthier? How is that?" his buddy wondered.

"Years ago, when we were younger, almost every night before bed she'd get these terrible headaches." He answered.

"Now that we're older, she hasn't had a headache in years."

Comment

Evening greetings Abbers,

Much cooler today, kinda damp but that's OK. Just got a severe weather warning for tonight ~ whatever, haha!
                  I got a text from an old work friend late this morning & an hour later we were sitting in Applebees having a nice lunch Can’t complain about being retired!!

PQ, last night’s storms were big. No problems here but our neighboring county where we used to live got hit very hard. You just don’t know what you’re going to get. I just turned on my ancient XP (the only computer that can run my embroidery software), thought I’d get some names digitized tonight

Det, get yourself on Facebook or Instagram & look up Walter Dorsett Photography. He’s a young guy who lives near us in MD & takes AWESOME pics & videos of lightning in and around the Chesapeake Bay area. He is really good, you would love his lightning pics.
                  Glad you are staying busy & having fun

Where is our girl Pauly?

Mick, I watched that BBC video this morning & thought OMG, Boris is just like Trump. Both dumb looking & stupid as hell. Sorry you have to deal with a clown too.
                  Now I can’t get MISDEWIENER out of my head, LOL

Hello to everyone else & wishing everyone a nice night!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Det...glad to see that you are still embarrassing life. Looks like you've got all your priorities in the right place. Good choice in staying off the trampolines. I loved jumping on them as a kid but now see all the downside to them. Growing up sucks. LOL Laptop actually needs all the hardware upgraded to the 21st century and with the cost of a new one it's not worth it. My IT guy that's been helping with the new server install said he'd custom build me one for about 1/2 the cost of a store bought one. :yay:

Mick...got to admit I've been watching US politics specifically to see what carrot top does next. Now I'm going to become quite aware of your politics. Let the games begin. LOL Yup, as predicted we hit 30C today so decided it was a perfect day to go for a pedicure and lunch with a girlfriend. The perks of having the boss on holidays. LOL Does your friend have all the bells and whistles on his setup like you do? Has he got those lights coming on and off? The great thing about your hobby is that you can always change it up.

Lav...yup the perks of retirement. Wasn't that nice that it worked out for you to get together over lunch. Lots of severe weather all around me but so far we've been lucky. Cooler temps coming in overnight and a manageable high of 68F tomorrow with showers. Perfect timing as I plan on playing cards tomorrow afternoon. WOW, an XP. Positive vibes that your system remains stable. At least until after your latest order. LOL

Shout out to Pauly, Sam, TG and anyone else lurking. Have a great evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Ahoy Hoy ABerooooskies!!

Grazie for the great funnies Mick, so what's the big deal about your mate's train setup? have a functioning airport?
                      that would be a hoot.

my __________ therapist just departed... sigh... be still my beating heart.... hell yes life is grand! I'll enjoy this as long
                      as the universe wishes to shine upon me.

crazy weather here and there I see...glad our peeps are safe and sound. Lav, no chicken disasters?
                      you have a computer controlled embroidery setup? wowsers... that's geeky cool. I still want to learn some basic stuff
                      on a sewing machine and my sweetie is a pro so that will be super handy.

PPQ, noooo! politics is bad for your health! run!
                      nice you have a computer pro on tap... I can barely upgrade the memory on mine.

well cats n kitties, I'm ready to hit a podcast.

be well loves and zzzzzzzzz
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

hiya all....mahoosive storm last night thunner n lightning and back to normal today 29degrees....tomorrow is even worse they reckon,possible 38 degrees..both rabbits are sprawled out flat ..and yes today is the day our new prime minister is invested.....Interesting compoetition ...wonder who can tell the most lies ours or yours?we shall see ..I watched Politics live earlier ...all that was missing was the squirty flower in his lapel..

big shout to you all..seems to be loads missing?
                        My 5 year old son said he wanted a treehouse in the back garden...
                        ...20 years growing a tree and now he doesn't want it anymore...ungrateful git

Boris Johnson wins election race.

I bet that’s the only race he’s ever won, the fat get

Boris Johnson promises to DELIVER Brexit, UNITE the country, DEFEAT Corbyn and ENERGISE Britain.

And after lunch......

Congratulations to India ... must be the only fcking country in the world with a moonlanding programme and no proper sewage system.

You would not believe what I overheard the owner of the local Chinese saying the other day.

汉字漢字 漢字 汉字读写汉字 - 学中文 读写汉汉字汉字字 - 学中文 漢字漢字

The wife has piled on the pounds of late, last night I came home from work and she was lay on the bed in a leopard skin print dress ....

I thought it was Fred Flintstone

At last, a lunatic ruining the asylum seekers.

As I was driving I saw a road sign that said, "Deer Crossing."

"What a stupid place to put it," I thought, "this road is far too busy."

The new James Bond will be a woman, but she's pretending to be a man.

A secret cervix agent.

Boris Johnson is the new Conservative party leader, beating Jeremy Hunt with a 66% majority.

Diane Abbott has demanded a recount, saying Hunt's 84% of the vote was harsh to lose with.

I rang my girlfriend up and said "Surprise, I'm coming to get you and take you up the aisle"
                        Don't know what she was expecting, but she looks a right muppet in a wedding dress pushing a shopping trolley around Asda!

At the World Swimming Championships, several medallists have refused to share a podium with the controversial Chinese swimmer Do Ping.

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

Worst surgery ever.

America and Britain ,now they had a war ,
                        Differences and politics they split so far,
                        Hard ,hard fighting day after day ,
                        Till eventually both countries went their own way

A couple of hundred years since have passed
                        Our individual politics never did last
                        America was our colony that was true ,
                        Its now reversed we're a baby you

But dont despair
                        shed those frowns ,
                        The Boris and Donald show
                        Send in the clowns
                        Last edited by Mick; July 24, 2019, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Greetings everyone,

Mick, the Boris & Donald show will have everyone’s BP running way too high. This is going to be a complete sh*tshow. Protect yourselves everyone!!!
                          It stayed relatively coolish today ~ in other words I could walk down my driveway to the mailbox & back without turning into a total sweatball, haha! Hope you & the bunnies stay cool & dry.

Det, I’m going to attach a picture from my Facebook page so you can see my machine(s).
                          EFBD5391-C34F-4698-B4F3-15B8BF8F536D.jpg
                          I do all the design editing on my computer then the computer in the machine reads it & stitches it - pretty cool. I also have a short video of caps stitching too somewhere
                          Glad you are still somewhat happy LOL

PQ, it was 2003 when I bought my first machine, software & everything. The XPs were still newish then & the softwrae designer decided to go with that. I’ve been thru a few XPs over the years, this last one was built by a friend of ours & has held it quite well but it’s getting old.
                          I hope your card playing days are awesome & your weather is kind to you

Hello to the rest of the crowd & wishing everyone a nice night.
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Det...an airport for Mick's train set? That could be tricky up in the loft but maybe a ship yard? Universe is definitely shinning on you and it's great to hear all about it. Upgrading memory...that bring back memories. LOL Getting too old to keep up with all the tech these days.

Mick...apparently we had a massive thunderstorm around 4am and I slept right through it! Must still be catching up on my sleep. We're going to stay below 30 (just barely) this week with no rain so will be at the garden daily. As far as everyone's politics, ours included, I just can't believe how some of these people get elected. Where are all the sane voters?

Lav...blood pressure will be ok here, I actually see it all as a comedy show. Isn't it great to have friends in the tech world. LOL I hope you never have to migrate to a different operating system. For what should have been a quiet productive day it sure went pear shaped in a hurry. I eventually said you can all go figure it out for yourselves, I'm playing cards and I did. LOL

Had to pick up some groceries for the chef today (Saturday event) and while out with a co-worker decided we needed to go to Costco. Haven't been there in years and I now know why. I want everything. LOL Did pick up some meals for myself and the Chicken Penne Alfredo is now ready so off to dish up. Have a great evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

mae all ...how are we ? well today is supposed to be the hottest day ever for us...it is 0610...the temp?22 degrees ..they reckon its going to be 39 /40 ish...going out to water the garden in a minute ..where has everyone gone?
                              hiya ppqp..hows you then ? all good I hope ? I go to costco for my fuel it is about 5p a litre cheaper than the cheapest supermarkets...good for you with the cards too!

hiya Lavhows yuo then?good I hope .that video,a friend sent it to me with remember this?used to be part of my job..very expensive..in all my time I never saw one sprung,thoughhave been on some funny ones .The rabbits as I said are much more challenging!
                              I see Boris has sacked most of the cabinet and replaced them with his own puppets.
                              thats a pretty cool machine you have

hiya everyone else ,hope you are well take it easy from a boiling me!

Comment

Working...
                              X