August Army Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August Army Thread 2019

Pinch punch, white rabbits and all that jazz.......
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Re: August Army Thread 2019

That is the prettiest photo.
    All the best for August folks.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Did you get it Bridge?? The great hack looks good, its a toss now between that and forensic files..

No Three Girls unfortunately. I found Thorne and The Great Hack though. And there's always Foresic Files......
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
        Did you get it Bridge?? The great hack looks good, its a toss now between that and forensic files..

No Three Girls unfortunately. I found Thorne and The Great Hack though. And there's always Foresic Files......
        I'm suprised you didn't go for 'Great unsolved ice pick murders of 19th century Islington' or 'New York crack house raids implicating Tribeca Taxidermists circa 1983-89'

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Meant to get back earlier but the day ran away with me.
          The great 'as you never know who'll pop in tidy up before the wedding' is nigh on finished. My back hurts.
          A week tonight is a gathering of the groom's men will be taking place here. The cufflinks will be distributed and a take out curry will be consumed.
          [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION]............I thoroughly enjoyed the ice -pick thriller.........edge of the seat stuff
          In no particular order my faves
          Gotham
          Spartacus
          Vikings
          The Tudors (for the 9th time)
          Versaille
          Anything with Louis Theroux.
          Anything that doesn't take more than 3 brain cells to watch.
          [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION].........it was always the same family that used to kick off. Funnily enough about 4 doors down.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

White rabbits..
            Last day in work tomorrow, until September, its going to feel weird.

Lots of excitement over there [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], you all set?
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

I must check who's 4 doors down from me

Comment

Morning,
                Just about finished. Bedrooms are ready. Got five of us battling for the bathroom on the big day. Bess is going to my cousin's for the night.
                Then just the hat to go. Picking that up tomorrow and a nice lunch in Kelso. Got some pink pearls that have been re-strung to collect this morning. They're not real pearls. My Aunt bought them when she was a Saturday girl in Woolworths for five shillings back in 1956 and just perfect for the wedding outfit. Got to say there's an awful lot of very kind people who have gone out of their way to help.
                Got me this for the night time do. It is gorgeous. Can't do sensible for more than a few hours.
                Twist Front Polka Dot Jumpsuit | Boohoo
                [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]..........what a sensible woman you are. Any grand plans or just going with the flow.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Great dress JC! Have a bewdy.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                    I'm suprised you didn't go for 'Great unsolved ice pick murders of 19th century Islington' or 'New York crack house raids implicating Tribeca Taxidermists circa 1983-89'
                    How do you know I didn't?
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Just back from the big smoke with a coat hanger bridge with Mum for an appointment. Oh God but I am glad I don't live there any more. It was an enjoyable day but like going on manouvres with a low vision person. I'm knackered.

A holiday Mary!!! What fabulous things are you going ot do with your time?

I love the outfit JC. Very elegant...and most importantly it will be comfortable too.

Massively looking forward to the weekend here. I believe that we will begin with a sleep in, move seemlessly to bucket of coffee, on to the salon for a trim and gossip and thence to the garden for a potter....Ahhh.
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning,
                        Of course after being told that the bride's mother has to have the biggest hat.........I picked this up yesterday

This time next week I'll be picking up abandoned cuff-links , stopped being mother-of- the-groomzilla and getting in the loft to get the suitcases out for a holiday in Scotland.

Getting the real hat today and a spot of lunch in Kelso with a pal, Mr JC and Bess.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Wave from another salon bridge..except this wig takes about 2.5-3 hours.. fecking highlights, if I could turn back time, I'd tell my 16 year old self that mousey is fabulous (I probably wouldn't actually).
                          [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], I'm getting excited for you! It's never just the day, but the entire build up, planning, stress, relief and that's just about finding the right shoes :haha:

Off down the country next week, bikes and a little boat on the Shannon (it's not a sleeper, just for day cruising).
                          Then I've no plans for the next 3 weeks, I was just sick of summer juggling. Hang out with the kids, sleep in. Cook. Paint (walls) Declutter. Catch up. Live on nothing because I'm not being paid!!

Comment

Evening and morning Bridgeeee...........left couple of croissants and cheese in the fridge for your brekkie.

The hat is just beyond gorgeous. I've never had anything made especially for me and I've got a whopping big hatbox. I feel proper posh. Met another mother of the groom on the shop and she's a tad stressed. She's been mother of the bride and reckons M of G is more stressful. We are now BFF.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]........do my colour at home these days(I've become one of the faux blonde brigade) and then go to the hairdresser for the cutting. Used to spend days in the hairdresser's getting highlights/low-lights when the kids where little ( 3 hours plus to myself) then we ran out of money. They needed stuff like shoes and school uniforms and proper food. No consideration the pair of them.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I dont even get the hours to myself anymore. The youngest insists on coming because they let her make tea for people and sweep the floor, v grown up
                              [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], I hope we get to have a peek in all your glory next week!

Comment

Working...
                              X