One Step At A Time~August 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step At A Time~August 2019

"Don't count the days,make the days count!"-Muhammed Ali.

Hey all, figured I'd start the August thread,this summer is absolutely flying by! Lou goes to school on August 12! Wishes for a wonderful August and a happy AF Thursday for us all!!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Re: One Step At A Time~August 2019

Happy August, Steppers!
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Happy August.

Love the quote, Pauly. Thanks for staying us off.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all....good to see you Techie...storm brewing here. Went to the dentist this morn, they said my appt is tomorrow..osteroops:..kinda messed up my day as I had to psych myself up to go and get a mouth full of needles..had someone message me on fb that I haven't seen for 40 years. Not sure if I will reply or not, we were good friends for a brief period. I think she moved and we lost touch.....Liz maybe hub won't go to FL. Hope Tessa had a better day...Paulie, love the quote. Some of the schools here have already started..hugs to all....

Comment

Bird - I did that at a Doctor's appointment recently. I went a day early. LOL
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning friends,that's why I always call a day before to confirm my appointment,or they call me I'm so scatterbrained about stuff like that,just my usual Friday stuff this morning,99 cents, Walmart and lunch with Lb and Kell then drop Lb at the airport waaah! Luckily she'll be back down in September so it softens the blow,I just hate when she leaves much love to all and wishes for a happy and healthy AF Friday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Oh, sorry lb is leaving today. I'm glad she is coming back soon.

Have a fabulous day everyone.
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy August [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]!

I for one am ready for the weekend. My crown fell out this afternoon!! I am going to be very unhappy if they tell me they can't just cement it back in. So for right now, I am holding good thoughts that it will just be cemented back on.
                I think I told you a LONG time ago that I had ordered Legacybox to convert all our parents slides to digital. I just never got around to sending anything in (just feeling overwhelmed and couldn't get motivated. Well, I finally have started taking the slides out of the carousels and getting them ready to send in. What a load off. I'm half done with the first group I'm sending in. I'm only sending in 500 slide this first time so I'll finish packing them up tomorrow. What a relief to be taking care of this!

What is everyone else up to? We are hoping to hit the 99 cent store in the morning.
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Crickets chirping on here haha! Where is everyone? Nora, sorry about the crown I have one right in front so if it fell off I'd die,wasn't super sad about dropping Lb off at the airport until I got home,house feels empty without her here,went to Kells to watch the boys so she could run to the store and it helped,til I got back home,I swear I'm such a baby! I wish I were just one of those parents who accept the fact that kids are grown and need their own lives,meh,off to work in a little while waves to all and wishes for a wonderful AF Saturday for us all

Comment

Pauly I know exactly how you feel with lb leaving. They're our babies and its hard when they leave. It's been a year since I've seen CJ! I miss her a lot. FaceTime really helps though. Do you FaceTime with LB? Talk about being a baby, CJ is coming home Friday and I am already dreading when she leaves! I need to stop that and just enjoy the time with her here.

Nora, hopefully it's just an easy cement. I have thought of doing that legacy box thing too, but wow it's super expensive and yes overwhelming!
                    It does feel good to get something like accomplished!

Bird, when do you go back to the dentist. I have major anxiety going too. I dread it. I guess we all do.

I'm sorry I haven't been posting, but well I have been out late the past two night. I went dress shopping last night. All these weddings coming up. I need something super fancy for an outdoor wedding in October. Sleeveless would likely be too cold. Seriously who does an outdoor wedding at night in the middle of October? Anyway I did find one and spent more than I wanted but it's just so different. I'll have to send a picture. Took Tessa to the park and we worked on "walking". We got to the waterfall and stream and she was afraid at first but ended up going in! So exciting. Still a few indoor accidents, but I feel we are making progress. I think most of her accidents are fear related.
                    Waves Rusty and Glassie.
                    My battery needs to be charged so I better go. I'll check in with you all later. Have a great AF Saturday.

Comment

Hi all..Paulie,I know how you feel...I worry about the kids leaving too. When dd2 goes there will be nobody here. I really want to move up to N. Georgia and have been looking some. Not sure where the kids are going to end up (Atlanta probably) but don't want to be too far. ......Nora, I did Legacy box. I had an old 8mm film of my 1st bday. It only lasted about 30 seconds, but a brief glimpse of my dad in it. Also had some old reel to reel with me and my dad singing on it when I was about 5 or 6. I have only listened to it once....Liz, I saw the vid with Tessa in the pond. Very cute...nothing going on here...laundry, cats caught a mole and ate it.....waves to Rusty and Glassie...

Comment

Anyone else watching shark week? Hubby and Mark like it so its on. Tessa is totally pooped after her play date and walk at the park. She made it to the waterfall again tonight and stuck her head completely under water. She loved it.
                        We are taking mom and my nephew out for her birthday tomorrow. Can't wait to talk to BS and BIL about their trip to st, Croix. BS told my mom they had so much fun with my kids. Warms my heart, really. I'm gonna be like Rusty now, I'm seriously blessed with a wonderful family!
                        Hope you guys all had a fabulous day.

Comment

Good Morning, Friends!

Happy Sunday to all of you!
                          [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION],Pauly:hug:That must have been SO hard to say goodbye to LB. I know you two are so close. She's lucky you are her mom!
                          [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-bummer about the crown. Does it hurt? I can't believe little Savannah is walking already. Wow, where does the time go?
                          [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]-what were the bride and groom thinking about an outdoor wedding, in the EVENING...in October? That makes dress shopping really stressful. I love it when labs stick their heads underwater. I grew up with a black lab and my sister's first black lab would dive for rocks underwater when we lived on the lake. She loved to swim. We had a really long pier so we would throw a stick into the water and she would run full speed off the end of the pier to get her stick. Never tired of watching her. I am delighted that BS had fun with your kids. I bet you won't be able to wait for Friday to come along. :-)
                          [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-I can see why you would want to move...are you thinking close to Atlanta?
                          [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]-hello, darling, how are you feeling?
                          [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION]-hope you are well. I miss you.

Well, I better get packed for my trip to Salt Lake City. I will be gone the entire week. I like this client but my sinuses do not like the dry heat.

Ok, I am off....I hope everyone has a wonderful AF Sunday!

Comment

Morning friends,Rusty safe travels,I don't think my sinuses like the dry heat either I never thought of it before but maybe that's why I'm always stuffed up,Liz,cute about the dog around the water,I wonder what Winslow would do? My old dachshund used to be a brat when we'd take her to dog beach in California,she'd sit right by me and if any other dog came around her she'd get pissed and move closer to me,miss her how's Erin feeling? I don't think I felt good with Brady til around 4-5 months along, Nora,hope your mom has an easy day today,Bird,any adventures planned for today? Much love to all and wishes for a happy and healthy AF Sunday!

Comment

Cheery hellos from the plane..I should be landing in Salt Lake in a little over an hour.
                              [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]-my doctor told me to take Claritin when I am in Utah. I have forgotten to do so and then OMG...my nose runs nonstop (and uncontrollably) when I am there OR when I get home. Honestly, the last time I went to Utah, I was so miserable the day I got home. I felt like I had come down with the worst cold. I have packed the Claritin so we shall see.

Comment

Working...
                              X