Super Sober Shout Out August 4th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Sober Shout Out August 4th 2019

I'd like to see a big SUPER SHOUTY OUTY SUNDAY from members who have been here a while, those just starting out again or those just starting out for the very first time.........don't forget to shout LOUD AND PROUD...

Don't be shy and give it a try...........remember each and everyone one of us here started with a day one!!!!

SHOUT IT LOUD AND SHOUT IT PROUD. STAY STRONG AND KEEP THINKING POSITIVE ONE AND ALL. LET'S GIVE OUR BEST TOGETHER

Let's all do the happy dance together this week.........:heartbeat:

By using the time and date app........ you'll know whether you've a roundy number or not a roundy number...........Calculate Duration Between Two Dates – Results

For me its.............It is 3680 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date or10 years, 28 days excluding the end date..........:love:
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Re: Super Sober Shout Out August 4th 2019

5 years, 8 months and 3 days. rolling along.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

77 days, 11 weeks and what already feels like a lifetime ago.
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

794 dancing days

Comment

4 years, 6 months, and 22 days of living life realizing how lucky I really am...
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

1730 Days! Happy Sober Sunday all! :welldone:
            Kicked AL to the curb November 9, 2014!

Comment

2233 days here.
              I went to a wedding yesterday ( Irish) where, after the church the main focus is alcohol.
              I was content to eat all 'round me - talk to a few - and head to bed at 12.30am.

They ended up in resident's bar till 5am.

I was never so happy as this morning waking up - fresh as a daisy and ready for the day. To see them all in various states of hungover-ness. Bloodshot eyes, shakes, still drunk - made me I'm ashamed to say - SO HAPPY inkele: that it wasn't me.
              I remarked to MrS that if that was me I'd be wondering when it was ok to have the next drink..... he didn't get that - but I'm sure most on here will !

As [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] says : ..........remember each and everyone one of us here started with a day one!!!![
              Last edited by satz123; August 4, 2019, 10:52 AM.

Comment

4 years and 17 days.

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                I remarked to MrS that if that was me I'd be wondering when it was ok to have the next drink..... he didn't get that - but I'm sure most on here will !
                Absolutely. Its days like those, that are sometimes a tad awkward initially (in my head), that make me more determined and grateful to be here, clocking up the days :happy2:
                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Another sober one from me. Was also at a wedding last night, and so glad to know I’d be able to go there & still be able to get up for this mornings plans.

Comment

SHOUTING OUT !!!!!

Come on everyone don't forget to shout. Every sober day is a reason to shout!
                    [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - I now have this in my head Cinderella . I love that movie.
                    [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] - I absolutely get it!
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=20807]Soft Focus[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]; two “wedding” survivors this weekend! Yours sounds like it was REALLY a drunk fest, Satz! I’m surprised that your heavy-drinking husband didn’t get your comment, Satz. I sure get it! I guess he had his fill after 12 hours straight of drinking, whereas we’d never get our fill for long.

378 days
                      Last edited by Slo; August 4, 2019, 08:29 PM.
                      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

I am late but SHOUTING OUT nonetheless - 5 years, 8 months, 2 days. Rolling along on Ava's tail...

Pav

Comment

Originally posted by Slo View Post
                          Yours sounds like it was REALLY a drunk fest, Satz! I’m surprised that your heavy-drinking husband didn’t get your comment, Satz. I sure get it! I guess he had his fill after 12 hours straight of drinking, whereas we’d never get our fill for long.
                          Agreed [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]. But that type of drinking is 'normal' at weddings, funerals any Irish get together really. Drinking at home is relatively new to us and not the norm.
                          The difference is MrS and probably most ( except my SIL- another story) will not even think of alcohol all this week till the next occasion or pub opportunity arises.
                          WE are different.
                          I'd have HAD to have another drink on Sunday to 'settle' me - no two ways about it.
                          Towards the end of my drinking career - it was daily drinking to 'take the edge off' :sick:

Comment

Agreed, [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]. And actually that is the norm here too, as I’m from the state in the union with long historical roots in heavy & chronic drinking culture (Wisconsin), a deep beer industry, where binge drinking has long been the norm, and weddings are big drunk parties.

But yes, we are the different ones; we who advance to needing a daily fix.
                            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Working...
                            X