Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week of Aug 1th

MAE ALL....

Kicking off this weeks thread. Off to put the coffee on, back soon.....:smile:PPQP

Re: Week of Aug 1th

Mae everybody, thanks for the kickoff PQ,I was waiting to post til I seen it, Walmart, grocery store and 99 cents store done! Now I feel like I need a nap zzzz,had a scary dream last night and woke up with the creeps,I hate that! I never have bad dreams like that weird dreams but not demonic ones,ugh,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Sunday!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all...just back...it was pouring down with rain here this morning ,and I had reservations about going ...When we got there ,I ended up just jotting around in t shirt and trousers ...it was that hot ...I even got my napper burnt ..hope everyone had a great day
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Pauly...don't think I've had a demonic dream but I have woken up scared before. Just starts the day out on the wrong foot. You deserve a nap and I hope the rest of your Sunday is a good one.

Mick...was wondering what the weather was like as I'd assumed you'd headed out. Trying to picture you in tshirt and trousers. LOl Glad the weather was good. Any finds?

My turn to head out as I had a very lazy relaxing morning. Have a good Sunday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Bright & sunny here all day, not too hot or humid, yay!
          I had my younger grandson for a few hours. He came with a whiffle ball & bat so I did my best to pitch a few to him, haha! I’m not great at pitching but I can still hit a few, Lol

Hey PQ, hope you’re having a wonderful day.

Pauly, dreams can be weird. Tell ythe demons to f*ck off, haha!
          I hope the rest of your day was better.

Mick, detecting in the rain? I’d end up with nothing but frizzy hair, haha!
          Take care of that head.

Hello to everyone else.
          Nothing much to report here so I’ll wish everyone a nice night. Please let’s join hands & pray that YB is rejected from the jury duty pool tomorrow, Lol

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,yep Lav and PQ a very strange dream,young kids were following this guy seeing him as a prophet of some sort and they were all living in an abandoned grocery store,he looked normal to them but when I caught a glimpse he was the devil, complete with horns and just scary and I was running around trying my best to earn these kids but they didn't listen,it was disturbing Lav glad you got to spend time with young grandson,Romeo was a turd yesterday! He kept trying to bite me and Louie! I dropped when they left then Kell made the mistake of taking them to Kmart later and he was being bad again,I think terrible twos came on early,waves to PQ,Mick,Det and Sam hope we all have a great BF Monday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good afternoon all how are we today? Hope all are well really hot today over here but but the sky is Grey So for how long it will be dry I do not know

Had the care company down at Julie's dad's to see what services they could offer, and he was very shall we say obstructive about it comma wouldn't speak said he was quite capable look after yourself etcetera etcetera. The company also turned up now going to redo the bathroom I take the bath out and put a walk-in shower in comma again very obstructive keeps saying there's nothing wrong with them despite the fact he cannot get in and out of the bath. It was pointed out to him that's the alternatives are very few and one of them would be a home comma sounds horrible but it's the basic facts..so we are getting on with the renovation and asssessment
              Really sunny yesterday ,head burnt ...and yep burnt my head ,and banged it today,its had more cuts than the Bank of England lending rate
              hiya Lav,aka Babe Ruth......how are you doing today?ok I hope.hows the weather doing for you ..Has yb been binned off Jury Service ...figures crossed

hiya pauly ...you need to stop eating blocks of cheese!thats what gives folk nightmares isnt it?hope you have a good day....

hiya ppqp ..me in t shirt and troosers ..thats what paulys nightmares are made of!!how are you doing?hows the ciggy quit doing? still at it?

have a look at this ....403 Forbidden

sounds impressive and positive...until you look at this..

Widnes stabbing: Landlord killed outside his pub - BBC News

On our 50th wedding anniversary my wife said,

"Come on, I want you to do what you did on our wedding day. "

"I'd love to my dear, " I replied, " but I think that bridesmaid died last year. "

My uncle went in a shop to buy a dozen bees for his hive, when he got home he counted them up and there were 13.
              Being an honest man he rang the shop keeper up to tell him .
              The shop keeper said "It's fine I added one extra, it's a freebee."

Modern women are confident and educated enough to best even the most intelligent males in a heated debate.........

By bursting into tears

FAO P ink Floyd

"We don't need no education."

It's "We don't need ANY education."

A man's penis is turning to bone after reporting to a United States hospital emergency room with knee pain. He will soon walk with a cane.

Give it a few years and he'll be able to throw the cane away.

I was in a restaurant in Paris and ordered the 'Napoleon Chicken.'

When the dish arrived, I was surprised to find very little meat on it, and it was mainly carcass.

I asked the waiter why, and he said 'We only use the 'Boneypart'

My father was always so strict with me when I was a child.

"Son, how old are you?", he often asked.

"Five", I said.

"At your age I was already six!".
              Last edited by Mick; August 12, 2019, 12:46 PM.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening folks,

Well the good news is YB was told by phone not to go to the courthouse today. The bad news is he was told to go Tuesday morning, Lol
                We’re expecting huge storms tomorrow so I guess I’ll be here holding the roof on while he’s almost an hour’s ride away. We’ve already gotten flood warnings, yay!

Pauly, that biting behavior is something I will not tolerate. Nip that in the bud right now or you could be at risk, haha!
                I remember a little girl in my daughter’s class who was such a horrible biter she was never invited to any birthday parties, always sent home from school, etc. She was so goofy she actually chewed up a brand new bedroom set her parents bought for her. Thankfully she outgrew that by the time she was in jr. high, geez.

Mick, I think I really shocked my grandson yesterday by hitting a few balls, haha! He wanted to know where I learned that. I told him I grew up with 3 brothers & I either learned to play or had to sit by myself. Football season was especially painful for me, haha!

Hello to PQ, Det & everyone.
                Have a nice night one & all!

Lav
                Last edited by Lavande; August 12, 2019, 06:10 PM.
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...were the horns on a head of orange hair? I'm surprised everyone doesn't have more nightmares with everything going on around the world. I've had dreams where I try to run away from something and can't move. Or I try to scream and nothing comes out. I'm actually grateful when I wake up and realize it's a dream. Funny but I haven't had any vivid/wild dreams on my stop smoking med's which is supposed to be one of the side effects. I thought you said Romeo had a turd not was a turd. LOL Sounds like someone is looking for attention.

Mick...You would have sworn it was the fist day of fall here. We didn't get above 13C. Fall is my favorite season but not in the middle of August. Had a feeling you might get some resistance from Julie's Dad when the time came to make adjustments. But like they said, the alternative is not any better. He may grumble about it but after awhile I bet he begins to appreciate it. I was lucky with my Dad willing to move into a retirement lodge with progressive assistance available as needed. With his second fall and the start of dementia the Dr. made the decision for him, you're not going home. Your poor noggin! You gotta quit using it as a hammer. Just when I figure the back pain is easing I had a shitty night and around 1am took some pain meds. I really need to get my sleep back. As far as the cigs I'm still not smoking from 5am to 5pm but indulge when I get home from work. Back on schedule with the Champix and new quit date is the 15th. With all the breathing issues and back pain I've had I'm determined to concur this.

Lav...bummer about YB's date change, was hoping it would be over. And of course the weather is going to be worse tomorrow. Flood warnings! I think you said you were on a hill like Mick. Got those sunflowers securely tied to the chicken fence? Hope it isn't too bad.

Det...hope things are still progressing positively for you.

Sam...you're not in for any wild weather are you?

Pi...this talk of Dad's makes me think of you and hope all is well with yours.

Boss back from 3 weeks off and he was one busy puppy today. He came out and asked me if there was anything urgent that I needed and I said no I'll hit you up with everything tomorrow morning as I'm taking tomorrow afternoon off. LOL I am going to continue now taking my time off including Friday's and Monday's and he can just deal with everything. We're having Southern Fried Chicken Legs (baked in the oven) for supper and it sure smells good. Hope everyone has a peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, southern fried chicken legs baked in the oven sounds fab PQ sorry about your back acting up,seems like as soon as we say we feel better it happens again haha,Lav,ugh hopefully he goes and don't hafta go back, annoying I haven't been called for jury duty in years,oops shouldn't have said anything! Now I'll probably be summoned Mick,I was wondering if Julie's dad was doing any better,now I see,Det hope you're getting all moved and settled,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Tuesday for us all!

Comment

Hello all how are we today ?hope things are good... it was absolutely pouring down with rain here this morning and now the sun is out . The rabbits have been in the garage most of the day, are now playing. went to get my contact lenses today ,not forgetting these are especially made ones even for the trial. So the lady explained them all to me etcetra etc and then put them in it felt really weird it felt like grit in my eyes but they reckon it goes away after time. Then went to see another assistant who explained he was going to show me how to take the lenses in and out. Part 1, the taking.out went pretty good part two the replacing wasn't so easy ,in fact it was that not so easy I snapped the lens now bearing in mind it was a special order I have got to go back .....they have got to get some new ones remade. what I wasn't overly joined about was the fact that you can't leave the lenses in all the time they've got to come out for showers anything to do with water ,swimming can't sleep in them even nanny naps and you can't wear them for more than 5 days maximum so when I asked what did for the rest of the time she looked at me as if I was dumb and said wear your glasses now to me that defeats the object I was actually get lenses to replace the glasses not to cause myself extra paying by chucking lumps of glass in my face so we'll see how this goes

Hi Lav how are you today? So even an ex cop doesn't get off the jury service? I'll bet you whoever is in the dock won't be a happy bunny ""guilty take em away let's get home job done"now whats for lunch so you are in for some of our rain? are you if you need any more don't hesitate to ask

Hi ppqphow are you today? Hope all is well with you well done on the smoking hope the back pain is better

Hi p a u l y how are you today? Nothing wrong with southern fried chicken legs , I love them yes Julie's dad was a bit of a pain but afterwards Julie said to him don't think I'm getting at you Dad I'm not ....don't be angry his words "I could never be angry with you love" which kind of choked her up we'll see how it goes next week the first visit is on Wednesday

Right folks as you can guess I've done this on my phone so I will call a draw now take care look after yourself stay safe stay sober
                      Last edited by Mick; August 13, 2019, 11:16 AM.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...isn't that the way, the back did feel better until about 1am when I woke up, coughed and the pain shot down my left side and around to the front. Took a few minutes before I could move, the initial pain subsided and I took a couple of ibuprofen. Managed to sleep for another 6 hours and things seem to be different, I can actually cough without searing pain. Enough said as I don't want to jinx it. Hope your court case is a good one. LOL

Mick...at least you're getting some sunshine breaks, sure the rabbits appreciate it. What an ordeal with your contacts. I know your contacts are special order but there are some you can wear for 7 days and sleep and swim in them. Just wonder if it's worth all the hassle. Started back in with my afternoons and Friday/Mondays off :yay: Not even thinking of work this afternoon. Card game tomorrow afternoon and if there's a seat I'll stay if not I'm out of there.

Another community garden member said there was wasps around her plot. Went to check it out today and couldn't see anything. After 6 years this is the first time they've been around. Wonder why that it is, what changed. Any ideas? If I can't find the nest I can't deal with it so will keep an eye on things. Salmon and asparagus for supper as I have the time to actually prepare it. LOL Hope you all have a great Tuesday....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

Well the severe weather decided to go somewhere else, not complaining. We’ve had a few light showers, zero floods
                          YB was released from the jury pool by 11:30 this morning, that’s a good thing, haha!! I have a feeling it’s my turn next, ugh.

PQ, no movement that I could see on that package yet. I’ll get on the phone with USPS early tomorrow morning, maybe they won’t have a 1 hr 45 min wait time.
                          Sorry you’re still dealing with back pain, that’s rough. Hope it’s all better very soon.

Pauly, how’s the little family biter doing? Lol

Mick, you’re not trying to wear hard lenses are you? I don’t know how anyone ever wore those things. Even the soft lenses irritated my eyes, I had to give up on them.
                          Sounds like Julie’s dad just needs a little time to adjust to changes in his life & that’s OK.

Hello to Det & everyone!

I’m signing up for a craft fair on Oct 5 close to home. Decided to ditch the other I had found that was an hour away in DE.
                          So now I just need to decide what to make & get it done

Have a nice night everyone.
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

morning all, slipped away on a little mini vaca to one of the Virginia state parks that is on the James River, nice place, and not too far from home! met some old friends, good food, good company, lots of songs for the soul, but I can tell we're getting older, or maybe wiser, everyone hits the sack by midnight.

hope you all have a good un!
                            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick those contacts sound like a pain and I'm sure they weren't cheap! I can't stand putting anything in my eyes,not even eye drops so id have a heck of a time with them,Lav,great he was released from jury duty,nice about the craft fair it will be easier since it's closer,PQ, hope your back continues to be pain free,off for more coffee so waves and wishes for a great BF Wednesday!

Comment

Working...
                              X