Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week of August 18

OK, guess I’ll start off the new week

Howdy Abbers from a very hot & humid Lav-land. A thunderstorm tried to move in this afternoon but it pretty much fizziled out. Maybe tonight for some much needed relief.
    Spent the afternoon trying to cool down my poor chickens with ice water & chilled watermelon slices. Yuo can really tell when they’re heat stressed.

Had a long but easy evening with the grandsons, they finally left around 11 pm.
    Quiet here today, that’s for sure.

Hello to Mick, PQ, Pauly, Det & anyone checking in.

Stay cool everyone!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Re: Week of August 18

hi all,how are we? a busy crappy day yesterday ,Full of the cold ...tears streaming nose running the usual..I dont think it is the cold ,but an allergy ..I was painting with a spray can and it just started ...that happened previously Ended up going to bed at stupid o clock ..to get a phone call ...a good friend had just had a heart attack..apparently they fitted a balloon not a stent and he is out of critical now ..less than 12 hours!still feel rough today but not as bad.
    hiya Lav ...yep you can tell its hot ..when the hens lay boiled eggs!you ok?
    big hello to everyone else
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Det and I posted yesterday but on the old thread haha,Mick feel better! Lav, even though this summer has flown by fast it seems like it's been long if that makes any sense, I think everyone is ready for fall even the pumpkin spice everything is coming out already and as I posted before Halloween stuff has already hit store shelves,Det,glad the move went smoothly no I don't usually hit farmers markets,will hit some craft fairs in the fall,PQ,hope you're ok? Didn't see you yesterday and I got worried,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Monday!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

The heat & humidity was even worse today, yuck
        Looks like we have to wait until Friday for some relief. Seems like a looong time to wait.
        Went & had my teeth cleaned this morning, hair cut this afternoon, cooked dinner & now I’m just sitting. This heat wears me out.

Mick, I suppose you’re not wearing any sort of face mask when using the spray paint. You really should pick up something at the hardware store dude. I react to harsh odors myself.

Pauly, the Halloween candy hit the stores at the beginning of the month ~ ridiculous!
        I’m waiting for cooler weather too

PQ, are you OK?

Det, hope you are doing well.

Hello to the missing folks & wishing everyone a decent night.
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sorry for MIA lately but it was a combination of no internet and then just feeling downright crappy. Got online yesterday for a bit to wish my brother a happy Bday, started to post on the thread and then everything crashed again.

Back seems to feel better one day and then like I'm back at square one the next. I'm managing the pain every 4 hours and I can sure tell when it's time for my meds again! Went into work today to sort out internet issues there and get everyone caught up.

I'm taking tomorrow off so will have more time to catch up. Hope everyone has a good night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

X-Post Lav...hanging in there and trying not to over do anything. Hang in there...there was a snowfall warning in norther BC yesterday, unbelievable pictures. It's heading south and east so you may eventually cool down....:smile:PPQP

Comment

MAE ALL...

Checking in at noon my time, see nobody's posted yet. Will check back in awhile....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all how are we then?no one here apart from the canadian contingent..aka ppqp ..been down at Julies dads today.put together a care package where someone comes once a week and takes him out. he has retired so much into himself he doesnt go out at all..hopefully this will help him.today was the first day and he seemed to enjoy it...

how are you ppqp ? hows the back? take it easy ..

hiya pauly how are you doing ?hope you are ok

hiya Lav ...the sunroom looks good but not as good as thosechairs feel ...yep had my first sleep in it trains are doing well ..Ive got to tidy up all the wiring and plan it properly Ive just made 2 station platforms ..I hate the plasticky ones ..

hiya det you ok?

Liverpool , where you have to break into someone's house quietly , for fear of disturbing burglars.

The doctor told my wife that the tickling sensation she had been feeling in her head was caused by a parasitic insect trapped inside her auditory canal.
                He said he wasn't able remove it that day and to come back 2 days later.
                My wife got quite rude and caused a scene, demanding to be treated immediately.

The doctor refused to be bullied and sent her home with a flea in her ear.

Last night my wife and I started punching each other whilst wearing boxing gloves and singing 'Eye of the Tiger'.

I think our marriage is going through a Rocky patch.

"Does my bum look big in this skirt?"

"Hang on, I think it's the light. There, that's better."

"Turn it back on."

20190820_212000.jpg
                Last edited by Mick; August 20, 2019, 03:33 PM.
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Guess what> Still hot & humid here, yuck.
                  My Golden Retriever friend is back for a few days. I really need to go out tomorrow & pick up some breath mints for her tomorrow. She’s turning 13 this month & I’m fairly certain my son has never had her in for a teeth cleaning, phew
                  Trying to stay cool is a full time job here this summer.

Mick, your room looks really cozy, I’m sure you will both enjoy spending time in there.
                  It’s nice to get your FIL out of the house on a regular schedule, gives him something to look forward to.

PQ, glad you are in motion somewhat & I really hope you heal up soon. No fun dealing with an aching back. If you have any extra cool air up there I’d sure appreciate it if you would send some this way.

Hello to Pauly & Det, hope you both had a good day.
                  Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
                  Last edited by Lavande; August 20, 2019, 05:28 PM.
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...I love the chairs and the new paint job. You're right, yellow just wouldn't go right. Glad to hear you have something in place for your FIL, I think it will make a big difference. My MIL lived in an area where they went from door to door mail delivery to neighbourhood boxes. Her's was just at the end of her street, not far. When we set up home care for her the caregiver and her would walk to the mail boxes every day. It was just enough to get her out and mobile and it made a big difference. Still hanging in with the back pain and I'm finding I don't need to take as many meds as i have been so that's a good sign. Still taking it very easy. 1/2 day of work tomorrow and cards if there's a seat, I'm really liking this arrangement.

Lav...I love dogs but got to admit that the bad breath is the worst. Every time my SIL could smell her Golden Retriever's breath it was off for a cleaning. She couldn't stand it either. LOL Wish I could send you some cooler air but it's currently 86! Back was feeling better today so headed out for a few groceries and then was going to go to the bank to get your cheque in the mail when I left the grocery store and realized I had locked my keys in the car! Haven't done that in 30 years. Luckily I have dealership roadside assistance coverage but it still took just over an hour. Needless to say I just came home. Positive side I got lots of vitamin C today.

Waves to the rest of us, have a good night...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,PQ,oh no on the keys! Glad you have that assistance,we have a spare key here at the house but I haven't had to use it in a long time so I have no clue where it is now haha, Winslow's breath always stinks, think it's just these older dogs I absolutely love the smell of puppy breath tho,waves to all and hope everyone has a great BF Wednesday!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

heya ABeroooos!

Pauly, hope you found that darn key!

re animal breath i can say now that cat breath after certain foods can be pretty rough. ick.

PPQ, back easing at all?

Lav, glad you had a nice grandson visit...no major breakages in the house even? wow!

wasn't managing my stress as well as i should have and got pretty weak/insomnia and all that jazz so yesterday I got my head outta my bum
                        and hit the sauna and got some adrenal support supps. Finally slept much better last night thankfully. Stressing over new biz venture has
                        been taking it's toll. Not to mention living with a 13yo that has no concept of gratitude toward her mom. ugh. I grew up very very differently
                        that's for sure. Any advice aside from heroine?

finally making some sense of advertising on FB though it's a complex mess for sure. Definitely going to meditation tonight...really needing all of
                        that i can get.

Sam, busy guy?

Mick, any detecting on the horizon?

really interesting TED podcast i caught yesterday on the cultural history/anthropology of how we see and arrange our emotions.

well, off to drop kiddo to school, then storage unit, then back to continue my online global empire

be well loves!
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

hiya all ...how are we today then? all good I hope ...pouring down with rain ,and its as hot as heck..apart from that not a lot happening ..done a bit more on the electrics on the railway..
                          hi det ..Im out detecting this weekend so we will see what comes out of the ground....take it steady mate....you will be fine .

hiya pauly hows you then ?quite fortunate in that the rabbits breathe doesnt smell!!

hiya Lav ..how are you?talking about dogs ..seriously read this ..its brill

BOOK REVIEW,THE LADYBIRD BOOK OF THE DOG - YouTube

yes it seems to have gone ok with fil yesterday.not convinced he recalls much of it but at least he enjoyed himself at the time.

hiya ppqp...how are you today then?hope you are well...so no dramas with the keys today ? how is the back ? feeling any better?

big hiya to everyone else ..

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...the first thing I did when I got home was look for the spare key. LOL Wouldn't have helped in this case but at least I know where it is! I don't know if I've ever smelled puppy breath.

Det...I agree with the cat breath as well! Yup, back seems to be easing off a bit, thanks for asking. So glad to see that first sentence end with "got my head outta my bum" I was holding my breath there for a minute. You've come a long ways! The 13yo's attitude toward her mom is a tough one. The whole dynamics of your new life is something I've never experienced so no great words of wisdom.

Mick...our rain is supposed to start tomorrow, today is another scorcher though. Glad things went ok with FIL yesterday. No drama with keys today, knew exactly where they were at all times. LOL Back is feeling much better, feels like I'm in the home stretch, KNOCK WOOD!! Work saw me trying to catch up on things caused by the accountant :rant: Made it quite clear to her that she can not change a procedure without all those affected by it signing off. Geeze, sometimes it's like talking to a fence post! Ended the afternoon with a great game of cards though.

Lav...will say hi now as I'm sure you'll be the next to post.

Shout out to the rest of the gang, have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening all!

Yep PQ, it’s my turn to post
                              Things seem to be cooling off just a touch so I’m out on the deck & wondering where the dogs have wandered off, oh well. The neighbors all know them so I’m not concerned.
                              Dog breath can be easily handled by paying the Vet to do a thorough cleaning. I take my dog in from time to time but it costs a bit. I am seriously thinking about offering my son some cash to cover the expense. Knowing him he’ll turn me down.
                              As far as handling 13 yr old girls - all I can say is GOOD LUCK, they’re not easy. You really need good, open & honest communication with them. And they definitely need limits! IF you threaten a punishment you better be prepared to go thru with it ~ just sayin
                              I think my daughter was over most of that smart mouth BS by the time she actually turned 13. There was a time when we got so tired of her slamming her bedroom door (when she was out of sorts) that we threatened to remove the door & we did! YB just popped the hinges right off that door, set it down in the hallway & that’s where it stayed for a week. Yep - that worked, LOL
                              I was just thinking today. That my granddaughter will be turning 9 in another 6 months & it won’t be long before she gets to that stage too.

PQ, glad you are getting out & about at least a little! Keep getting better.

Pauly, have you ever tried brushing your dog’s teeth? None of my dogs would ever let me

Mick, that book was hysterical. Where do you find that stuff?
                              Sounds like you’re going to be detecting in the mud this weekend?

Det, you gotta stay positive, no matter what, right? Things always have a way of working out but you have to be patient. I know it’s not easy but trust in the process. About the 13 yr old - be kind, be pleasant but don’t let her walk over you. Let her know you will be her friend but not take any BS.

Hello to our missing crew & wishing everyone a decent night!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X