Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Las Week Of August Starting Sun 25th!

MAE ALL...

Posted by Mick bottom of last weeks thread.....

hiya all...4.35 and all is well...its going to be a hot day.

Good luck with the detecting today...did you get your hat from Jeeves?

hat.jpg

Coffees ready, have a cuppa before starting your day....:smile:PPQP
    Last edited by porqoui; August 25, 2019, 09:34 AM.

Re: Las Week Of August Starting Sun 25th!

Ahoy ABeroooos!

very quicky hidy-ho as we are finally off to Mt Charleston. thanks PPQ and cute pic

back laterish. be well loves
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings everyone,

We had a high of only 75 degrees here, low humidity ~ perfect
      I had a chance to go out & start clearing some flower beds of spent annuals.

Mick, I hope your day was productive & I hope you remembered your hat!!!

PQ, thanks for getting us into the right week.
      So how was the trip to the mall yesterday? Find anything good?

Det, I imagine you are having an awesome day, good for you!

Nothing much to report so I’ll just wish everyone a nice night & say hello to the missing folks!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning all and how are you today? wonderful day detecting yesterday not .found a couple of Roman coins really mashed up and part of a silver charm nothing else in fact the weather was so hot we left about 1. The ground was virtually baked solid ...when I got into the car it was actually 35 degrees and today is a virtual duplicate of yesterday's weather. Julie is working today even though it's a bank holiday , they're coming tomorrow to fit Her dad's new shower room so that is where I will be for the next 3 days . This morning I decided to go for a bit of a walk... really hot nice views but certainly warm ha I was soaked to the skin when I got back to the car here are some pictures of where I was weather is absolutely roasting out there.. it's supposed to thunder and lightning tomorrow night and then back to normal ,with this weather being normal!

hiya det hope you enjoy it Mount Charleston best of luck despite thei it's going to be boring from the daughter.. I'm sure it won't be

Hi lav how are you doing today I'm just digging out all my rose plants and pot them up for overwintering, also just doing a general tidy-up of the garden

hiya ppqp yes I did get my hat back and yes I was wearing it, however I wasn't so smart this morning and I was halfway Up the side of a mountain before I thought oops I better get a hat on.. hope you're well ... do you celebrate this bank holiday over over in Canada? If so have a good one

Right folks not a lot more to tell you apart from it's really warm no air-conditioning here however too big fans whizzing around like mad take care take it easy stay sober and safe bye

20190826_120256.jpg

20190826_121328.jpg

20190826_120439.jpg

20190826_120405.jpg

20190826_120422.jpg
        Last edited by Mick; August 26, 2019, 05:28 PM.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

yawn... hidy ho ABerooooos!

Mick, great pics despite the sweltering heat. At least you got out and adventured which is grand.

girly didn't come to the mountain which is prolly just as well. when we got back she threw a 2-hour screaming tantrum when she wasn't allowed to go to
          her friends house, replete with the 'your not my dad and why the hell do you live here anyway?' kind of thing, even though I'm not a disciplinarian here
          in any capacity. so I got to console crying girlfriend last night and instead of sleeping I layed there reconsidering what the heck I'm doing. I can't afford a place
          yet so I'm stuck. going over job boards since the online biz isn't happening at my newly needed schedule. I'm going to be working for my uncle by being caretaker
          for my own grandma 3 hours per day 6 days per week starting this afternoon. it won't pay much but it's gas money while I figure out what the heck I'm going to do.
          My car isn't big enough to sleep in. argh. I do love my grandma very much and wouldn't likely do this kind of work for a stranger.
          sorry, that's just my tired and rather frustrated ramblings blurting out.

we did have a lovely drive/walk in the mountains yesterday. Took a quick panorama:

**pic** Shared album - Xring007 - Google Photos

so at least that was a nice escape.

back to job search/soul search....

be well loves
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det,hang in there,I'd absolutely hate to be in a relationship with someone who had a teenager,I'd die!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...glad you had a cooler day yesterday, we're currently sitting at 55F and big billowing clouds. One of these mornings it'll be snowing! Not much luck at the mall, I'm not a shopper so you know I'm desperate if I step into a mall. I did manage to get your cheque in the mail though.

Mick...sounds like it was way too hot to be detecting but I'm glad you got your hat back from Jeeves. And another hot one today, geeze I think you need a break. I'm glad things are moving forward at your FIL's, hopefully it will give you two some peace of mind. Off today as scheduled vacation time, are holiday is next Monday so I don't have to use any vaca time for that one.

Det..you are probably going to get a lot more "you're not my Dad" explosions c/w door slamming. Remember you can't control what others do but you can control how you react to it and you're doing great with that. Just make sure you have a lot of open conversations with girlfriend, that's who's important, the two of you. I'm sure things will sort themselves out, right now it's all new to everyone. Glad you can pick up some work with your Grandma, that will help, and good luck with the job search.

Pauly...hope you're having a good day.

Off to get a hair cut and psych myself up for work tomorrow. LOL Have a good Monday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends!

The new school year started today & I already have the boys here for dinner & a few hours until their mother picks them up.
                The nice weather is still here but I don’t want to brag, haha. I really am grateful for some relief after that harsh summer. Things are only going to get worse in the weather department for all of us I guess

Mick, great pics, looks like a lovely walk/hike! I hope your head survived the sun & heat!!!

Det, your pic was awesome too as usual
                Don’t put too much into the words of a 13 year old. They change their minds every 5 minutes. I hope her mother talked things out with her before your arrival. Maybe she needs to sit down with her daughter & straighten some things out!
                Taking care of your grandma could be a really good thing for both of you depending on the amount of care she needs. I’m sure you’ll do just fine. Keep your eyes & ears open for new job prospects, you never know what’s going to pop up!

Pauly, Hello to you!

PQ, 9/10 of my shopping is done online any more. Malls & I just don’t get along, Lol
                Enjoy your weather, it actually sounds good to me

Well, I hope everyone has a nice night!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

thanks all for the kindly words and wisdom. The day has been calmer and I'm most grateful!
                  Lav and PPQ enjoy the nice weather for me. 108F today. whooo! again glad to not be a roofer on such days.
                  Grandma-care was very nice and mellow. what an amazing woman. I'll share some of her stories soon as they
                  are inspiring. I'm a super tired dude and hoping the insomnia monster stays at bay.
                  gnight loves
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

morning all,
                    try this again.... lost a couple of post in the last 2 days so fingers crossed. Connection here been kind of wanky.

feels like summer is moving on and we've had our first glimpse of fall. I'm certain it will heat back soon enough but got to enjoy the break while it's here.
                    Starting to look at getting a new bull, sold Sonny this spring so time to start bull shopping! There's plenty to go around!
                    Bit the bullet and traded my old tractor in for one with a cab, it's kinda weird not being out in the "elements", not dust, rain, etc. After last winter's getting drenched daily I went for it.

My help just showed so off to work, hope everyone is well,
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

hiya all ..how are we today then? all good I hope .Well again its been really hot today ,but the rain is starting ...supposed to be storms tonight .Was down at Julies dads ,they have started ripping the bathroom out ,to find there is an electric fan they didnt know about ,.so its down tools until tomorrow .
                      Hiya Sam ,nice to see you mate ..yep I know all about screwy internet!!So you were going to buy a bull ..bit bit the bull et instead I think uncabbed tractors are illegal over here ,because of the number of drivers killed in roll overs .The cab has its bonuses but drawbacks ...you wont get wet etc ...but gone is the excuse ..its too wet!!

hiya Det ...hope things are ok today?you will crack it mate..nuff said.

hiya Lav hows you then today? yes we have got the weather changing ...its supposed to be wetter next week.
                      We dont do our shopping on line ,what we do instead is get our main meals online ...its really strange but its cost effective ..I was dead against the idea to start with but in fairness the meals are brill ..some of the recipes you wouldnt think would work but they do .we are probaly saving about £200 a month at least .plus the quality of the kit is really good .

Recipe Boxes | Get Fresh Food & Recipes Delivered | Gousto

hiya ppqp ...well how did how did today go then?hope all was well .Yes it was too hot to detect ..especially the scabby little bit I found ...was the co -ordinator onside with you?

hiya pauly how are you then today hope all is well...

right folks oh have you seen this lot? its a trade deal the 2 loonies are looking at!!

403 Forbidden

When I was in my teens I played football
                      In my 20's I played rugby
                      In my 30's I played tennis
                      In my 40's I played badminton
                      Now I play "Can I get out of bed this morning without fcking up my back?"

Boris Johnson has done the one thing that nobody else could manage.

Make Trump look smart

You don't open up bras very often?" she asked me.

"No," I replied, "What gave me away?"

"The scissors."

When my wife came back home to our farm, I was livid and said to her, "I can't believe you went into town and spent 50 quid at the hair salon, just to come back here looking exactly like Boris Johnson !"

"No," she sobbed, "Can you please call the doctor... on my way back in I just severely electrocuted myself on the cows' fence !"

SCOUSERS: Make sure you petition the government about it's plans to raise the retirement age. It very unfair of them to expect you to try and avoid work till you're seventy five.

Thought for the day.
                      Drinking and driving is dangerous.
                      You could seriously injure or even kill someone with a miscued golf ball.
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Det...it was 37F this morning, too bad we couldn't share our temps and divide them in 2. I bet your Grandma has lots of inspiring stories for you. Hope the insomnia monster stayed away and you had a good nights sleep.

Sam...good to see your post even if it took a couple of attempts. Fall was in the air this morning and I don't think we'll get anymore really high temps. Perhaps a nice even September. Are you looking at any bull in particular? We always raised Registered Red Angus cattle. Easier to find them on the provincial grazing reserves as everyone else raised Black Angus. LOL I was glad when we finally got a tractor with a cab, I just felt safer with my driving skills.

Mick...always amazing what you'll find when you start renovating. Sounds a lot more complicated than when we did my MIL's. Today was a good day, glad I went in on Saturday. Found out one of the bridge groups that have been here for 30 years has packed it in largely because of the GM and Program Coordinator. I think they should be ashamed of themselves. One of the childcare staff is back from 2 weeks vacation so her, her boss and I went out for an impromptu lunch and then I headed home. Now that's the way to work.

Waves to Pauly and Lav and shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good evening all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening folks,

Sitting outside at the moment, 74 degrees, nice
                          We are to get one humid & warmer day tomorrow & storms ushering in another cold front, nice.

Det, 108 is way overboard for me, yuck!
                          Glad you enjoyed your grandma time. You’ll get into a routine & find things will go smoother.

Sam, in the market for a bull, wow! I have zero experience there. I’m sticking with chickens, haha!
                          Congrats on your new tractor. I hope it keeps you dry & comfy for a long time to come.

Mick, I was referring to online clothes shopping yesterday. I’ve never ordered any of the meal kits but have looked at them. Glad to hear they work out for you. Maybe I’ll consider giving them a try \Hope your weather straightens out for you soon.

PQ, shame about the bridge group. Maybe they’ve just played themselves out?
                          I read that northwestern BC had 18” of snow last weekend. How can that even be possible?

Hello to the rest of the crowd & wishing everyone a nice night.
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Dodgy internet here this morning. Will check back in this afternoon....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,Sam cool about the new tractor,good luck on finding the right bull Mick I always see ads for the meal boxes but I still have too many kids at home or in and out munching so it wouldn't work for me maybe if it were only the two of us, sounds like it works out great for you two tho,love the scouser joke as always PQ, sorry about the bridge group,don't think Det and I will see fall til after Oct here but we never know,Lav, online clothes shopping can be scary,I've ordered stuff that fits odd,colors are off or it comes and is just ugly and bad quality,so I mainly will only buy T-shirts online and even that can be off sometimes cuz hubs got a Chuck Norris as a cartoon character on a shirt for Christmas and it was super tiny on him haha,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Wednesday!
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X