Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

September Army Thread

Well it looks like I'm the only one around so here goes -

Army - wishing you all a superby splendid and sober September!!!! And this is for our dear [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]....

Wishing you all a super Sunday as well!!!!
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Re: September Army Thread

Morning Stirly..how's things?
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Good morning Stirly and Molly. Thanks for starting us off Stirly, hard to believe it is September. Having no school going children now it does not have the same significance, rolled around without me realizing it.

Enjoy your lunch JC. Nothing much planned here, going to relax and enjoy doing nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
        Morning Stirly..how's things?
        Hi Molls. Generally good! I got some pills on Monday to help me sleep - natural ingredients like valerian, lemon balm, melatonin, magnesium, etc. and not only do they help me sleep as in that I go back to sleep faster when I wake up but I noticed that they help me be less stressed and tense during the day. A big plus as far as I'm concerned.

How are things in Molly-world? I imagine the grands are growing like weeds. How old are they now? Do you see them as much as you'd like to? Hope all is well there. And how is Joe doing with his continuing retirement? Has he adjusted, is he content? Just wondering. It took Mr. Stirly a while to get used to not working. Now I'd say he's content. Mind you, the fact that we separated 16 months ago helped in the long run. We can now be in each other's company and actually enjoy it! :happy2:

Off to hang the laundry but I'll be back. Heading out to the beach later today. It's a perfect day - sunny with a cool breeze!

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
          Good morning Stirly and Molly. Thanks for starting us off Stirly, hard to believe it is September. Having no school going children now it does not have the same significance, rolled around without me realizing it.

Enjoy your lunch JC. Nothing much planned here, going to relax and enjoy doing nothing.
          Hey Rusty - you snuck in there when I wasn't looking! I used to love September for the fact that the kids went back to school and things returned to their normal pace. Now I just love it because weather-wise, it is the best month here in Greece. But yes, hard to believe we've gotten through 2/3 of this year already!! That's what being sober does - days fly by!!!!

Comment

Morning all from Satzland inkele:

Comment

I was wondering why I don't get here & post first thing like I always did.

Sad Sack Alert :
              A) When I got Rosie I joined a FB group for CAvachon owners - so by the time I get through all that I've run out of time & have to 'do' shit like go to work or just get up :haha:
              B) Also I discovered a silly word game on my phone & have been annoying everyone with it. God I'm really crap at it! Even lose against those whose first language is not English :egad: - a Greek girl I know from Assos and a Filipino nurse from work

Apologies - cos it's just great to have you all back posting & lively conversation.
              MUST TRY HARDER
              MUST TRY HARDER
              MUST TRY HARDER
              MUST TRY HARDER
              MUST TRY HARDER
              MUST TRY HARDER
              MUST TRY HARDER
              MUST TRY HARDER
              MUST TRY HARDER
              MUST TRY HARDER
              MUST TRY HARDER
              MUST TRY HARDER
              MUST TRY HARDER
              MUST TRY HARDER
              MUST TRY HARDER
              MUST TRY HARDER
              MUST TRY HARDER
              MUST TRY HARDER
              MUST TRY HARDER
              MUST TRY HARDER
              MUST TRY HARDER

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
                Now I just love it because weather-wise, it is the best month here in Greece.
                :yay: off to Greece 18th September. Will be last year of 2 holidays - 'cos all the money has dried up. My favaourite saying of " spend it - you could be dead tomorrow" has come back to bite me in the arse - 'cos I'm still here & broke :haha:
                But hey it was good while it lasted !!

Comment

I nearly posted on the August thread....not very bright seeing as my job is largely accounts at night and I've just spent the whole night doing all the month-end stuff!!

On the OU degree thing, [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] ... I'm not entering into this lightly....I really enjoy studying, an OU degree takes 6 years and if I don't start now I probably never will, and I'll already have my bus pass by the time I finish

Also, although its planned as 6 years, you get a maximum of 16 years to complete it so there is no real pressure, and in Scotland the goverment pay uni fees, even for OU AND they give you a bursary which is enough to buy all the books and a brand new laptop...

The new (opened 2012) Aberdeen uni library is open to all, and is a state of the art facility which I can see from my front room window, so it will get me out as well.

So I have thought it through and I think it's a win win situation......
                  Last edited by tonyniceday; September 1, 2019, 02:51 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] - ToeKnee - that sounds just BRILLIANT - it would be rude not to.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                      I was wondering why I don't get here & post first thing like I always did.

Sad Sack Alert :
                      A) When I got Rosie I joined a FB group for CAvachon owners - so by the time I get through all that I've run out of time & have to 'do' shit like go to work or just get up :haha:
                      B) Also I discovered a silly word game on my phone & have been annoying everyone with it. God I'm really crap at it! Even lose against those whose first language is not English :egad: - a Greek girl I know from Assos and a Filipino nurse from work
                      Wot's the word game, Satzy? Love word games myself but I have gotten hooked on "Wooden Paths" and "Train games" which are memory and strategy games as well.

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                      :yay: off to Greece 18th September. Will be last year of 2 holidays - 'cos all the money has dried up. My favaourite saying of " spend it - you could be dead tomorrow" has come back to bite me in the arse - 'cos I'm still here & broke :haha:
                      But hey it was good while it lasted !!
                      Yes, but even one trip a year will be worth it. Maybe go for the September one tho'. Give you an nice warm feeling to get you through a cold, damp winter. Just saying....

Originally posted by tonyniceday View Post
                      I nearly posted on the August thread....not very bright seeing as my job is largely accounts at night and I've just spent the whole night doing all the month-end stuff!!

On the OU degree thing, [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] ... I'm not entering into this lightly....I really enjoy studying, an OU degree takes 6 years and if I don't start now I probably never will, and I'll already have my bus pass by the time I finish

Also, although its planned as 6 years, you get a maximum of 16 years to complete it so there is no real pressure, and in Scotland the goverment pay uni fees, even for OU AND they give you a bursary which is enough to buy all the books and a brand new laptop...

The new (opened 2012) Aberdeen uni library is open to all, and is a state of the art facility which I can see from my front room window, so it will get me out as well.

So I have thought it through and I think it's a win win situation......
                      Tony - it does sound like a great idea all round. The fact that you can work at your own pace, that it's paid for and even the fact that you can see the building from where you live. Best of luck with it!!

Off to wash dishes. Made some salads and such for younger son's party yesterday and my kit hen is still in shambles. [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - you celebrate your name day on the date that the saint you were named after was born. St. Alexander - 30th of August. St. Peter and St. Paul - 29th of June. I know - Mr. JC's birthday!!!

Comment

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION] ... can I ask what those pills are called and whether they are over the counter or do you need a script.. it sounds like just what I need...

Comment

HAH! Pretty shite at the word game too..keep getting trounced and then score 11 cos I (cheek of them) get interrupted when playing at work!

Morning Rusters Benjy and Tony ...I would LOVE to do an OU course..costs a bomb for us tho and like Benjy am down on the readies..but do it!! Envy you I do!
                          See the 2 wee girlies every day Stirls (21 months and just 2) and the boys sort of weekly..Si isn't the greatest popper-inner...but it's plenty! They are 7 and 5 and a half.
                          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by tonyniceday View Post
                            [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION] ... can I ask what those pills are called and whether they are over the counter or do you need a script.. it sounds like just what I need...
                            Here's the link, Tony. I wake up about three times during the night - every two hours. These help me get back to sleep faster. Mind I do feel a little sleepy in the morning but not tired, and it wears off soon. And as I said, I feel less tense and stressed during the day. Damn - I was with Mr. Stirly at the party yesterday and I was so laid back that we didn't even argue once! I just let thing go. A new world's record!!!:thumbsup:

https://www.vita4you.gr/en/agan-hypnus-sleep-factors-20-vcaps#product.info.description

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                              HAH! Pretty shite at the word game too..keep getting trounced and then score 11 cos I (cheek of them) get interrupted when playing at work!

Morning Rusters Benjy and Tony ...I would LOVE to do an OU course..costs a bomb for us tho and like Benjy am down on the readies..but do it!! Envy you I do!
                              See the 2 wee girlies every day Stirls (21 months and just 2) and the boys sort of weekly..Si isn't the greatest popper-inner...but it's plenty! They are 7 and 5 and a half.
                              Good that you get to see them so often, but 7 and 5-1/2???? When did that happen? Good lord. I can remember like it was yesterday when your first grand was born. Mind you our older girlie starts grade 1 this year and will be 6 in November!!! And "baby" Alvertos will be 3 in December. Now there's a monkey for you. Yesterday he was trying to imitate his Dad's godson who is almost 9 and does break-dancing. We got a good laugh out of the little fella. Never a dull moment that's for sure!! :heartbeat:
                              Last edited by stirly-girly; September 1, 2019, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X