Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Rabbits Sun Sep 1st

MAE ALL...

Remember to say "White Rabbits" twice before midday, I'm sure we can all do with some luck this month.

We are socked in with fog this morning and it actually looks like a winter's day!

Off to put the kettle on, brews will be ready soon....:smile:PPQP

Re: White Rabbits Sun Sep 1st

white rabbits x1000 how are we all?good I hope...well Ive been busy plus a few other issues to deal with so been doing so ..things hopefully progressing now though ..each of the issues has a solution ..its just when they are all together its a pain in the butt ..Weather is ok today ,keeps trying to rain ,but isnt happening at the moment ..hope the weekend is ok for yall x

So, we have Boris Johnson suspending parliament, Corbin going against all his beliefs just to get his foot in the door of No 10, the speaker of the House not being as neutral as he's supposed to be and all the remainers telling use we didn't know what we voted for.

Looks like China's problem with Hong Kong is a walk in the park....

It’s okay if you don’t know what “prefix” means.
    It’s not the end of the word.

"Paul McCartney reveals grandchild was mugged at knifepoint in London"

I'm sorry for the kid and for him, but I think it in rather poor taste for him to re-issue "Help!" on the back of

Marriage Quotes from Famous Husbands

When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him keep her.
    King David

After marriage, husband and wife become two sides of a coin; they just can't face each other, but still they stay together.
    Sasha Guitry

By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.
    Socrates

Woman inspires us to great things, and prevents us from achieving them.
    Anonymous

The great question, which I have not been able to answer... is, "What does a woman want?"
    Dumas

I had some words with my wife, and she had some paragraphs with me.
    Sigmund Freud

Some people ask the secret of our long marriage. We take time to go to a restaurant two times a week. A little candlelight, dinner, soft music and dancing. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays.
    Red Skelton

There's a way of transferring funds that is even faster than electronic banking. It's called marriage.
    Sam Kinison

I've had bad luck with both my wives.
    The first one left me, and the second one didn't.
    James Holt McGavra

Two secrets to keep your marriage brimming.
    1. Whenever you're wrong, admit it,
    2. Whenever you're right, shut up.
    Patrick Murray

The most effective way to remember your wife's birthday is to forget it once....
    Nash

You know what I did before I married?
    Anything I wanted to.
    Anonymous

My wife and I were happy for twenty years.
    Then we met.
    Henny Youngman

A good wife always forgives her husband when she's wrong.
    Rodney Dangerfield

A man inserted an 'ad' in the classifieds: 'Wife wanted'. Next day he received a hundred letters.
    They all said the same thing: 'You can have mine.'
    Anonymous

Alan and Sandra lived on a cove at Gull Lake Alberta.

It was early winter and the lower portion of the cove had frozen over. Alan asked Sandra if she would walk across the frozen part of the cove to the general store and get him some smokes and beer.

She asked him for some money, but he told her, "Nah, just put it on our tab. Old man Stacey won't mind."

So Sandra, being the good wife walked across the ice, got the smokes and beer at the store and then walked back home across the cove. When she got home with the items she said, "Alan, you always tell me not to run up the tab at Stacey's store. Why didn't you just give me some money?"

Alan replied, "Well, Sandra, I didn't want to send you out there with cash when I wasn't sure how thick the ice was!"
    Last edited by Mick; September 1, 2019, 01:26 PM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Not too bad of a day here. More sun than not, ha ha!!
      We are going to our daughter’s for a cookout tomorrow. They keep changing the forecast so we may be cooking inside
      I offered to bring dessert & I’m thinking I’ll make a German apple cake in the morning, yum.

Thanks for the start up PQ. I hope your back is improved today. I’ll take your cold weather if you don’t want it, LOL

Mick, nothing really ever goes according to plan, does it?
      I had to learn to take a step or two back & just let things unfold on their own. Saved me a lot of grief.
      Glad Julie’s dad has his bathroom back in order. That must be a relief too.

Det, hello to you, hope you are well.
      I just wanted to show you a website from a local guy who does a lot of nature photography. He’s just a 22 yr old kid, lives a few miles down the road from me. I see his work on Facebook & Instagram all the time. WALTER DORSETT PHOTOGRAPHY - Home
      I know you could sell your photography like this as well.

Hello to everyone else & wishing a nice night for all.
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Afternoon all how are we today then? It's pouring down with rain here but at least we haven't got hurricanes to bother about... yet apparently next week we're getting the rear end of the one that's over your way at the moment Things are looking a bit better today for me, however one of the reasons I was a bit cheesed off was on Friday night after all the saga with Julie's dad's shower I snapped my tooth... not just a single but a double which left me with two spikes or pegs that the toofy pegs sat on the two spikes have made lovely dig marks in my bottom and top lip on the inside ..so I phoned the dentist to get an appointment..you wouldnt believe it he is off sick! there are other dentists but obviously he was one that did all the work it's only right that he is the one that fix it on top of that that found out all these coughs and sneezes and and weeping eyes aren't the results of a cold but are the result of an allergy to what I don't know but yesterday Julie looked it all up on Dr Google and came up with an answer it is a kind of spray play containing some big mad word you spray up your nostrils twice a day and the job is done Ive tried it for 2 days now, and it seems to be working.. touch wood so hopefully this will see the end to that one. ok then ...moving on... hiya lav how are you today ? did you make the apple cake ? is that apfel strudel ? I loved that when I was in Germany.... is the hurricane going to affect you in any way?

How you pauly ? hope you're well .I'm watching a programme on television at the moment all about 24 hours in Las Vegas interesting but not my cup of tea ...hope you have a good day
        hi ppqp how are you today day? hope all is well in the asylum with the boss isn't a boss and the coordinator that can't coordinate haha apart from that everything is fine and dandy?

hiya det how are you today hope things are going ok for you mate .anymore about your business and it moving on? right folks have a good one take care

Now that Boris Johnson has suspended parliament, MPs are sat around twiddling their thumbs and doing sod all.

Well that makes a fcking change.

Tony Blair: "Election before Brexit is 'an elephant trap'".

This is the man who, in government, would not let the people vote on Iraq or on Europe because they could not be trusted to vote the "correct" way.

Does he now want to avoid a general election, because the people won't vote the "correct" remainer way?

Some of us are old-fashioned enough still to regard a general election as the ultimate form of democracy.

Anyway, with that level of judgement, I wouldn't put money on Tony to trap an elephant in London Zoo.

*In the pub last night*

Me : "What was that big instrumental hit by Fleetwood Mac in the 60s"?

Mate : "Albatross"

Me : "Yeah that's the one.... I went to school with him y'know"

Mate : "Really? Which one, Peter Green? Mick Fleetwood"?

Me : "Naah..... Albert Ross"

Asked a librarian if they had anything on telepathy?

“Nothing comes to mind.”

Did you know that if you hold a large sea shell up to your ear you will look like a complete d.ck

Don't bother working in the tunnel building business.

It's boring.

Well it's back to school tomorrow kids, but don't expect to be learning much.... They've only just been training the teachers today
        Last edited by Mick; September 2, 2019, 12:16 PM.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...that was an interesting post. Guess the phone can't quite figure out speech with 2 missing teeth. LOL Hope your dentist is better soon so he can look after you. No rain here at the moment but huge thunder booms woke me up at 2am. Glad it's a holiday today and didn't have to get up for work.

Off to fix something for brunch. Will check back in later....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Had a nice but damp Labor day, haha! My daughter was forced to do a cook-in instead of a cook-out. We had a nice time, good food & fun with a bubbly 8 year old granddaughter. She starts 3rd grade tomorrow & is seriously excited, Lol

Mick, sorry about the tooth situation. I wonder why the implants are snapping off like that. I know people who have them & never have any problems, hmm. Yes, I made the apple cake this morning. I’ve never made strudel from scratch but I have made it with store bought pastry sheets. The 5 of us finished off half the cake & I left the rest there for them to enjoy. I’m hearing thunder outside right now so I guess we’ll be getting more rain tonight. It’s too soon to see if the hurricane is going to travel this far north but I’m sure we’ll get some remnants maybe by next weekend. Then you can have it, haha!!

PQ, hope you & your back are doing fine this evening!

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing a nice night for all.
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick sorry about the teeth I've had lots of customers that have trouble with those snapping off,think it's how the dentist gets extra $$$ should be an easy fix tho hopefully,Lav glad you had a nice get together with your daughter and granddaughter, always glad when they're happy to go back to school PQ,how's the back? Hope you're feeling better, pretty quiet here lately,Det hope all is well with you,much love and wishes for a great BF Tuesday!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hidy ho ABeroooos!

"White Rabbits" "White Rabbits" safe!

oh my, kids on meds, crazy weather, politicians being normal, tooth despair, checking to see if the sky is falling... so far so good.

Lav, thanks for the link to the lovely site. i don't edit my photos to be 'over the top' for color and saturation but i realize that's what sells
                and i certainly could do so. Perhaps print some on metallic paper and show them at the farmers markets here. prolly be fun!

PPQ, sounds like you enjoy Eastern European foods and you'd freak to see the new market i found less than a mile from here. Rons is an
                Eastern European specialty store with loads of exotic goodies from Russia, Armenia, Hungary, Bulgaria etc etc. might just bring my sleeping
                bag there and camp out... enjoyed some great buckwheat bread from there yesterday morning with avocado ... yummo!

quite a social weekend for moi, grams 93rd bday was great and her pals from the rec center came which was so sweet. Then yesterday a labor day
                party at a friend from Refuge which was super nice, so much yummy food. I made a huge Greek salad with homemade dressing. yes I survived my
                first 'family' holiday weekend. a bit worn out now... whew. but mostly good stuff.

Mick, I managed to damage a few teeth when I was a kiddo jumping into a pool when the upper row of my teeth caught the concrete edge of the pool.
                I really try to avoid that now. hope the repair goes well and glad the spray is providing relief.

Pauly, anything interesting over the weekend?

my allergies got wonky from peoples dogs at the party last night but not too bad.
                let's see, need to mail ebay item, car wash, groceries, a morning Refuge meditation/session, then gym, then gramma-care, then home through the
                traffic to cook for the fam. ok, think I've got it! not to mention the continued job hunt. weeeeeee!

be well loves!
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

hiya yall..well how are we then?good I hope ..You think you have got a circus on that side of the pond? jeez its a right mickey mouse show here ..these politicians are a real joke ...but its scary to think they lead the country..Sadly it makes you hink just what the heck did people fight for in the past ...certainly not these bloody clowns with their greedy selfish nonsensical ideas and policies..just look at this lot as an example HS2

HS2 railway to be delayed by up to five years - BBC News

well was at dentist today ,x rays casts ,all that sort of stuff ..it turns out Ive got an extremely strong bite..but it is a sliding bite ...which means when I bite my jaw slides to the side increasing pressure massively ..and the other thing is I snatch bite ..thatmeans instead of biting with a slow constant pressure I just rip into it ..soooo I have got 2 temp teeth in ..new ones getting made ...next week ;6 screws that are in my jaw out ,teeth put in ..screws in job done munch munch....hope all well?

Two cats are watching a Youtube video.

One cat says I need to go out in the garden.

The other one says ok I will press paws...

Just had a message offering me sex with a hot older woman.

Should be interesting, I'm eighty three.

The birds are tweeting outside.

The little fckers nicked the phone off my patio table.

If You're Happy And You Know It Clap Your Hands
                  If You're Happy And You Know It Clap Your Hands
                  If You're Happy And You Know It And You Really Want To Blow It

Vote For Jeremy Corbyn

Girlfriend: Let's watch a comedy.
                  Me: Okay let's watch Airplane.
                  Girlfriend: What's it about?

Comment

Good evening friends,

Not much going on here but still managed to be busy all day. How does that happen? Lol

Pauly, I’m waiting for a text report on my granddaughter’s first day back to school. I’m sure she did well

Det, you’ve been a bit busy too! Happy Birthday to your grandma, good for her!!
                    I think you should give the local markets a try for your photography. Who doesn’t love a pretty picture? Especially now in the months before the holidays, they would make great gifts!

Mick, I think I’m going to put you on a pureed diet - no more biting & breaking teeth!!!!
                    Sounds like you have a good plan though to get everything fixed.
                    I’ve seen several BBC reports on FB today about the political unrest. Now you know why we’ve been complaining so bitterly these past few years. My WW II parents would be horrified to see what’s going on these days with these stupid governmental clowns.
                    I hope we all live thru this insane period of history.

PQ, what’s up with you today?
                    Hello to anyone else stopping by & wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...good to see your early morning post. Back is feeling better, thanks. Just going to make sure I pay extra attention to anything I do.

Det...wow, you had a busy weekend. Sounds like you had a good time all around. Don't know about the Eastern European foods, I do know I like a couple of the dishes but I'm a big chicken when it comes to trying new things. Toast and avocado, wish I'd read this before I got home from shopping.

Mick...got to agree with your mickey mouse show over there, unreal! I'm almost to the point where I'm going to quit watching the news, almost. A strong, sliding bite, who knew? Now I'm going to be paying attention to how I bite my food. LOL I've always been leery of dental implants and your woes only reinforce my feelings. How many dentist visits will all that take?

Lav...I was busy all day today too but that was because there was a lot going on. The number of people who came to the counter saying they don't know where to go while dropping their kids off for the first time just boggles my mind. Didn't they go through the orientation and don't they read their emails? We did manage to get everyone where they needed to be. At least all our kids were registered, there was 2 kids showed up at school who were registered in a different one. Dad wasn't happy, wonder what the school staff was thinking of him. LOL

Very early start for me today, in by 7am and didn't stop till 5pm. Tomorrow should be an easier day which I can use as I've a couple of deadlines to meet. Going with an easy dinner, hot chicken sandwiches, and then curly up with my book and escaping. Hope we all have a peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Helloooooooo Abbers,

The Prodigal Daughter returns.... what a wonderful sensation to read this week's postings from you all! Driving x-country twice, the festival and all related activities was like being on a different planet, though we had 2 nice days in the wilds of Wyoming on the way back. Still trying to give my brain and spirit a bit of a rest.

I will get back in the swing of things soon. We arrived back to our (still-packed and overly full) apartment last Friday, leaving Youngstown, OH at 4 AM to beat the holiday travelers. The time since then has been laundry, unpacking bags, re-packing and giving away more stuff from the apartment as we try to get that all sorted out. We have been away 9 weeks! Yesterday I made a mad run up to our old stomping grounds to get the dog to the vet... he swallowed a plush toy "ear" a couple of weeks ago, and it still hasn't made it's appearance... the vet said not to worry... I then closed 4 bank accounts, picked up supplies from Dollar General, plus a couple of mum plants to put out onto our mini-patio, got back by 5 and we went out for Chinese!

I will try to read back to see what's been going on for all folks. In the meantime, please accept my true thanks for keeping the "home fires burning." Sending happy thoughts to all for a good day.

Comment

Mae everybody,great to see you Cyn busy,busy,busy as always! PQ,what a long day for you that was too,hope you enjoyed your chicken sandwich and book waves to all and wishes for a great BF Wednesday for us all!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Tree!!!!!!!welcomde back..how are we all today then? good I hope..I tell you what even America would struggle to match our current politics These tossers do not represent this country .if it wasnt so serious it would be funny .Been raining likwee mad here today and really windy .Sent a few of you a cam of my Harry Potter train with the lights I made, but I dont think it came through have a great night all

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Welcome back Cyn. I was just thinking about you yesterday & figured you would be back soon. Glad to hear you had a good trip & successful festival. I can’t imagine doing all that & then coming home to an unpacked apartment. Take your time getting things done & I hope your doggie expels the ‘ear’ Lol.

PQ, if/when I get called to pick up one of my grandsons from school because of illness or something I feel like a total idiot. I don’t know the schools around here & they have so many different buildings. I walked into the wrong building one time to pick up a sick kid. But parents should know where their kids belong, haha. Hope you’re rested up now

Hey Pauly, hope your day was a good one!

Mick, I think I can almost hear the grumblings all the way from London. There’s a real shitshow in London & in DC
                              Have fun with your trains & don’t let the clowns drive you nuts!

Hello to Det & anyone stopping by.
                              Have a nice night everyone.

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X