Sunday the 8th of September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday the 8th of September

Hello how are we today then ? the sun is absolutely blazing here today I am sitting in the car and the temperature is Reading 25 degrees never had it so good haha. Hope we are all doing well. not really a lo to say, rabbits are playing in the sunshine, Julie going to pilates and me just going to rack and ruin! Not long now and we are off to Tenerife 17th you watch ,the sun will be cracking the flags over here when it's time for us to go
    hiya det how are you doing today mate ?hope everything is well with you ..how is the business idea doing
    Hiya lav you ok? Hope so have you been looking after the terrors recently?
    Hiya ppqp.. hope things are ok with you in Saskatchewan. We are thinking of you x x x

Here are some more pictures taken from yesterday Julie took these ones bit better than mine! In fact I'll put them up from my computer I'm doing this from the phone and nearly lost the whole thread

pics

IMG-20190907-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20190907-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20190907-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20190907-WA0005.jpg
    Last edited by Mick; September 8, 2019, 09:45 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: Sunday the 8th of September

IMG-20190907-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20190907-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20190907-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20190907-WA0006.jpg
    Last edited by Mick; September 8, 2019, 11:45 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,quiet here lately,back from our trip and I'm tired back tomorrow and will post more just wanted to say hi
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Thanks for the startup to another fine week Mick
        Pics are awesome, Julie is handy with the camera.
        Just took my grandson home, he’s been here since breakfast & never stopped eating all day, haha! He’s turning 11 in a few months so I guess it’s time for a growth spurt. He’s always been a lot of fun & a good buddy.
        Nothing much else to report. It’s almost dark already, the days are getting shorter.

Pauly, hope your trip was a good one

Hello to everyone else & I’ll see you when i see you!

Have a nice night!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all -

Mick, that walk looked superb - thanks for all the pics! You have found a really beautiful corner of the world to live in, congrats.

PPQ, hope you are doing OK... sending hugs.

Pauly, thanks for saying hi, even when you are tired - travel can be really exhausting.

Lav, thanks for the encouragement on the unpacking - sounds like you are doing a lot of outside work... it is a good reminder to me of the work that I don't have to do anymore!!! (Not that I ever had the amount of stuff going on outside that you do!) thank you for the info on SK, she has been on my mind... I hope we can hear from her soon.

Det, good luck on whatever is you chosen course!

Hello to Sam and all ---

I have worked a lot on unpacking/finding where I stuffed things when we moved into our place in June... unfortunately I do have to get a handle on the apartment and get it functioning better... downsizing to 910 square feet and bring 2 offices and a grand piano onto the bargain has been a challenge, and there's no room any unpacked boxes or any excess. But I finally know where most of my clothes are, the kitchen is fairly functional (even though I have to put all the oven pans and cookie sheets inside the oven as a storage place!) Getting there...

Wishing all happy and fulfilling moments this week...

Comment

Mae everybody,I didn't read what SK was up to,must read back,Cyn that post just reminded me that I'm gonna use the dishwasher to store pots and pans cuz we never use it haha,travel has always exhausted me and we weren't even gone long,I remember even in my 20's coming home and just dropping,maybe that's why kids fall asleep in the car? Mick the pics are beautiful,I'd love to be soaking in all that green! My allergies didn't bother me at all in California so I'm guessing it really is just the Vegas dust Lav,love that you had your little sidekick all day back to work today boooooo! Much love to all and wishes for a great BF Monday,hi PQ and Det as well

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello and how are we today then? Back to normal over here...... the sun shines gone and it is pouring down with rain. Still not long now and then I'm off to the sun shine. So without further ado let's have a brew and carry on
              hello Pauly welcome home did you have a nice time?hope so Yes we certainly get a lot of greenery over here definitely the weather plays it's part

hiya tree girl, lovely to see you it's been some time now .2 offices and a grand piano? Interesting fitting them in to say the least. Yes it's not too shabby over here, Julie has got interested in walking now as well ,so it is now a weekly occurrence... there are certainly plenty of walks to do around here, the trouble is all I have to do is see a hill got this urge to climb it she is more or of bimbler
              hi lav how are you today? Hope all is well apart from empty cupboards yes the day light hours are getting shorter all the time
              Hiya ppqp hope you are ok ii saskychewone
              Big shout out to everybody else take care and have a great day

A 74 year old woman has visited 972 Weatherspoons throughout the UK. When asked when she was going to stop she replied,

"When I find a good one."

'I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for my wife. '

Best epitaph I've ever seen on a headstone.

John came back from a safari in Africa. Upon arrival, he went to his friend Mark, and told him of his adventures.

"I was out in the jungle," he said, "when all of a sudden I heard a noise in the bush behind me. Looking back, I saw a huge lion, licking his chops, and smiling at me. The lion started coming my way and I started running, with the lion not far behind. When the lion was almost at my neck, he suddenly slipped, and I got ahead a bit. The lion started gaining on me, and as he got closer, once again he slipped. I happened to see a house not far away,and made towards it. As I got close to the house, the lion was almost on top of me, when he slipped for a third time. With the very last bit of strength, I ran into the house and closed the door in the lion's face."

"That's some story there, John, I would have messed my pants."

"Well, WHAT DO YOU THINK THE LION KEPT SLIPPING ON...???"

An 80-year-old man went to Hollywood to pick up a prostitute and get some action. He noticed one hooker in particular and started flirting with her.

The prostitute started becoming annoyed and said, "Get lost old man! You're ruining business"!

"Sure would like to get some action tonight", said the old man

"You've got to be kidding! You're too old! You're all finished".

"What did you say"? asked the old man.

"You heard me - you're all finished".

"Oh," replied the old man, "how much do I owe you"?

Very Interesting Stuff?

In the 1400s a law was set forth in England that a man was allowed to beat his wife with a stick no thicker than his thumb. Hence we have 'the rule of thumb'

-------------------------------------------

Many years ago in Scotland , a new game was invented. It was ruled 'Gentlemen Only...Ladies Forbidden'...and thus the word GOLF entered into the English language.

----------------------------------------

The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time TV were Fred and Wilma Flintstone.

Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than the U.S . Treasury.

Men can read smaller print than women can; women can hear better.

Coca-Cola was originally green.

It is impossible to lick your elbow.

The State with the highest percentage of people who walk to work: Alaska

The percentage of Africa that is wilderness: 28% (now get this...)

The percentage of North America that is wilderness: 38%

---------------------------------------------
              The cost of raising a medium-size dog to the age of eleven: $16,400

----------------------------------------------

The average number of people airborne over the U.S. in any given hour: 61,000

-----------------------------------------------

Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.

-----------------------------------------------

The first novel ever written on a typewriter: Tom Sawyer.

------------------------------------------------

The San Francisco Cable cars are the only mobile National Monuments.

------------------------------------------------

Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history:

Spades - King David

Hearts - Charlemagne

Clubs -Alexander, the Great

Diamonds - Julius Caesar

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Warming up around here again for Part 2 of summer, ugh. Happens every year!
                My AC stays on, I don’t care about the electric bill, haha!

Cyn, I’m trying to imagine cramming an entire household into that small space. I know I would be tossing things left & right, Lol
                I have a feeling you will get it figured out, you are imaginative

Pauly, glad you enjoyed your trip.
                There must be something about the allergens that are trapped in your area & where my brother once lived in Idaho. My daughter & I got so sick when we were out there for a visit we had to go see his doctor. Once he moved to CA & I visited him there, no problems! Time for you to move!!!

Mick, I restocked the cupboards today after the kid’s monster eating yesterday, haha! I’m also hitting Costco tomorrow to get more stuff. I never know when these vultures are going to swoop in & clean me out!
                We could actually use a bit of rain here, the ground is pretty dry & hard. Better be careful what I wish for though.

Hello to Det & anyone else stopping in tonight!

PQ, thinking of you :hug:

Have a nice night everyone.
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Wanted to check in with you all and clarify that I haven't left for Saskatchewan yet, I'll be heading out on Wednesday for the 9 hour drive. I have been swamped with emails/phone calls/FB messages and then this weekend had several people just pop by, no notice at all and no casseroles, what's up with that! Cheeze! I spend most of my time talking with my brother in law, he is not doing well, but did tell me he took all of the bullets out of his guns. If I'm not sitting in a daze, I'm sitting here crying, and when the wave passes I sleep. I did go back to work as the distraction helps, kind of feels like a break from everything. We will be having a small get together on Saturday at the house and then sending Karen to heaven with a blaze of fireworks. She just loved fireworks. I will be back sometime on Tuesday and hopefully back to a routine. Thank you all for keeping me in your thoughts....:smile:PPQP

Comment

PQ,I'm so sorry I know that feeling of shock then sadness back and forth,I still remember that feeling from the summer two years ago when my brother passed,it's unreal and hard to describe,I feel bad for your BIL too poor thing,just know I'm thinking of you and your family

Comment

hiya all ...well for some reason my phone is showing last thread Sept 1st..and yet on here its the 8th !!No rain today ..its really sunny ..rabbits are oy playing ..Ive been sorting out hete carpet where Bonnie had decided to chew it up behind the sofa...Julir never saw it ..Ive patched it in well you wouldnt know unless you looked closely Dentist for me tomorrow..deep joy ..not ..
                      We are supposed to get part of hurricane dorian ...in conjunction with tropical storm Gabrielle hot rain!!!!
                      PPqp....thinking of you ...
                      Im just nipping down to Julies dads

jokes later x

Comment

Good evening friends,

PQ, thinking of you & hope the 9 hr drives isn’t too hard :hug:

Pauly, hello to you & hope your day was good.

Mick, you sound like you’re bouncing off the walls just a little, haha! Hope everything is OK for you as well.

I ended up having a nice, unplanned lunch with my daughter today. Can’t complain about that!
                        It’s hot & humid again, probably thunderstorms tomorrow. We will be watching the boys after school tomorrow, feeding them dinner & whatever else they can consume. The younger one is now involved with little league baseball so we have to get him to a 2 hr practice after he eats. Grandparenthood is really a redo of everything you did as a parent, Lol

Hello to Cyn, Det & anyone dropping by later.
                        Have a nice night y’all.

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

And good morning all how are we today? Hope all is well I'm currently sitting outside the dentist, I have an appointment at 9:30 it has taken me just under 2 hours to get through the traffic travelling 29 miles oh yes you could see it is a bit of a pain. Julie's dad was a bit of a shall we see pin yesterday as well, he was supposed to go out and prior to that I phoned and twice to have a shower just on the off chance I went down to see and guess what no shower not even changed his clothes situation then resolved it is pouring down with rain today so I'm sitting in my little van with the rain hammering off the roof waiting to get my face ripped open haha hope you're all well more from the front you later on take care

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick good luck at the dentist, doesn't sound fun at all:egad:PQ, thinking of you:hug: very tired this morning and stuffed up as usual hoping it clears up when I get up and start moving around,Lb flies back to Portland tonight and I'm sad, wish everyone just lived here,oh well,waves to Lav,Sam and Det and wishes for a great BF Wednesday for us all!

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Hot & humid here, summer is back unfortunately
                              Watching the grandsons tonight & the younger one has baseball practice. Guess who is NOT going to sit out in the sun for 2 hours with him, haha. YB just took him so I can remain in the cool, haha! The other one is entertaining himself on my laptop.
                              Had lunch with the old work friends today, always a pleasure.

Mick, I really hope the dental visit went well. Your traffic situation sounds just awful. The only traffic problems we have here is when someone’s cow or goat gets loose & stands on the middle of the road, Lol. To be honest, we do have to slow down for the Amish & the oversized John Deere tractors. I had no idea how big some of this farm equipment actually is, geez!

Pauly, I hope your day turned out OK. You’re always a bit sad when your daughter leaves, sorry about that!
                              I’m still hoping for some storm activity to clear this pollen filled air.

Hello to Cyn, Det & PQ. Hope everyone is doing well.
                              Have a nice night everyone.

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X