Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paracetamol for hangover - don’t do it

paracetamol for hangover - don’t do it

I’ve just realised that a year ago I damaged my liver (more than normal) because I took paracetamol to tackle my headache at least 3 times within 2 weeks or so. On one of those occasions I started drinking again as it was early on a Saturday afternoon on a weekend away. The other time I drank on a so called school night and needed the pills to function at work. (also took a load of coffee which also isn’t good for liver after hangover)

The 3rd time was just waking up after a heavy night but needed pills.

Didn’t quite appreciate the difference between paracetamol and ibuprofen as I just thought of them as the same thing – headache pills.

Knowing this I will never take paracetamol again when I do decide to drink. Naturally it’s better not to drink at all, or at the very least, don’t drink too much, however, if you have to do it or you fall off a wagon please don’t take paracetamol the next morning.

K xxx:eek-new:

Re: paracetamol for hangover - don’t do it

Good for you Kev. Have a good weekend mate. :-)

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Yes, it is true -and not common knowledge as it should be -that paracetamol/acetaminophen/Tylenol is actually very, very toxic to the liver, and especially if the liver is already handling high doses of alcohol. These “headache pills” simply cannot be popped like candy. You can end up with permanent liver damage and liver failure!

Thank you for calling our attention to this.
      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Yes can be very damaging. If i do fall of wagan I will just bare the hangover and not reach for any pills.

Comment

Originally posted by scotskev81 View Post
          Yes can be very damaging. If i do fall of wagan I will just bare the hangover and not reach for any pills.
          Kev - not to be facetious but there is a simpler answer than either paracetamol or ibuprofen or just getting through the hangover. The simple answer is not to drink. Again, not a smart aleck answer, just the simple truth. Don't drink and then no hangover and no need for pills.....
          Last edited by stirly-girly; September 18, 2019, 02:14 AM.
          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
            Kev - not to be facetious but there is a simpler answer than either paracetamol or ibuprofen or just getting through the hangover. The simple answer is not to drink. Again, not a smart aleck answer, just the simple truth. Don't drink and then no hangover and no need for pills.....
            That is the root of all problems and why we are all here.

I can’t seem to not drink 

Comment

Originally posted by scotskev81 View Post
              That is the root of all problems and why we are all here.

I can’t seem to not drink 
              That's where we all were/are when we joined MWO - we couldn't seem to stop drinking. Truthfully, for me, and for a lot of others, the difficult thing was to decide not to drink again. Once the decision was made, that was that. I don't drink. Period. No matter what. AL is simply not a part of my life anymore. I actually hated drinking in the end and I guess that made it easier. I hated not being in control of myself after the first couple of drinks. I couldn't control my body or my mind and I hated that. Most people who have been living without AL for a long time will tell you the same thing - when you make that decision to not drink again - you free yourself. It is a wonderful feeling. Life will still have its ups and downs, we will still have good days and bad days, but everything can be faced and dealt with easier with a clear mind. I hope that you can soon make the decision to not drink again. Then you will be free to be the person you were meant to be.
              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
                That's where we all were/are when we joined MWO - we couldn't seem to stop drinking. Truthfully, for me, and for a lot of others, the difficult thing was to decide not to drink again. Once the decision was made, that was that. I don't drink. Period. No matter what. AL is simply not a part of my life anymore. I actually hated drinking in the end and I guess that made it easier. I hated not being in control of myself after the first couple of drinks. I couldn't control my body or my mind and I hated that. Most people who have been living without AL for a long time will tell you the same thing - when you make that decision to not drink again - you free yourself. It is a wonderful feeling. Life will still have its ups and downs, we will still have good days and bad days, but everything can be faced and dealt with easier with a clear mind. I hope that you can soon make the decision to not drink again. Then you will be free to be the person you were meant to be.
                Thank you

I have toyed with the idea and managed to do it for a certain period of time but always seem to slip back into it. That can be because it’s a bad day, but also because it’s a good day and feel like going out (don’t drink alone except for non alcohol beer)

I have also recently in this year switched to non alcoholic beer which gets me through social situations and means I can enjoy the feeling/ingestion part of a drink.

Slightly different to your situation in that I never drank to lose control and I could always stop after just a few drinks. It’s only social situations where everyone is going drink for drink that I tend to overdo it.

:-(

Comment

Working...
                X