Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Treetops is back

Hi folks
    Its Treetops - I used to post in the Daily Abstinence Thread and stopped posting over a year ago. I'm sorry I lost contact but I need you guys. Will take me a while to catch up but wondering how you all are and where folk post these days. :love:
    Last edited by treetops; September 18, 2019, 11:49 PM.

Re: Treetops is back

Hi TT!

Welcome back. How are things? What have u been up to?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi TT, nice to see you back. Settle in and get comfy. Hope all is well with you.
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi TT! Haven't seen you forever,hope all is well with you and your family
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi folks good to see some of the old crowd here. Its been a rough few years since I left my job. There has been good stuff but its really hard as I loved my job and it was a career/profession. We are getting by but its been very lonely and isolating. I have had the occasional drink during the past 6 months - nothing too drunken or outrageous but I dont want to slip back into bad habits and also wreck my body/health. Its the isolation that gets me. Counting AF days, that route doesn't work for me - because I become obsessed then with AL - so my approach is to put in place support structures. And since MWO was my original support system I want to be back in the family. I guess what also worries me is that these posts are not private - anyone can read them as a guest. Thats always bugged me.

Comment

Welcome back, TT. I’m sorry you’re feeling so alone :hug:

There are very few people viewing this forum anymore. Often you’ll see things like 3 members and 19 guests online, unlike when it used to look like hundreds of people were reading our posts. They probably were bots. So while it obviously is public, I doubt it needs to be a big worry.

Comment

Hey there and welcome back.
              Sounds like there are a few challenges happening in your world.
              I find if I don't reveal anything too identifying I'm OK. If anyone on here ever works out who I am then they will already be well aware that I am an alcoholic.

What are you thinking for a game plan with the grog?
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Welcome back, TT!

I am worried about privacy, too. I'm with Bridget - I just don't post anything too identifying.

There are only a couple of active threads left - find one and settle in.

Pav

Comment

Treetops the daily thread is still there,Mick Lav Det PQ and myself but it's weekly now
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X