Sun 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sun 22

Hiya all just thought I would start the fred no one else has.been in the pool most of the day weather is ace and the water is warm..next week it is supposed to be hotter we will be home take care all
    Attached Files
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: Sun 22

Fantastic pics Mick!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings friends!

Hot & humid here with no beautiful blue water pools to jump into of course.
      Great pics Mick, it looks so nice there!

Hi to Pauly, hope your day was good!

Nothing special with me today, it was a do little & stay cool in the AC kind of day

Hello to Cyn, Det, Sam & PQ. I hope everyone is well.

Have a nice night!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

What? No one here today? Boo hoo

I hope everyone had a nice day. I am watching my grandsons until 9:30 or so tonight. So far they’re getting along, no fights, no blood, yay!!!
        Hoping to get a little rain tonight ahead of a cold front. Everything is dry & crispy out there, wow.

PQ, I hope you check in soon :hug:

Have a nice night one & all!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hiya all how are we then? Well that's it party over ..backnto the land of rain today..get picked up at 10 am hopefully home for 8 so a bit of a long one..no to worry hope you are all well
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae all -

Mick, thank goodness to hear you are on your way home... I was so worried that perhaps you got caught up in the Thomas Cook debacle - 600,000 people stranded? Holy cow... wouldn't you think they might have seen this coming? And I saw that some employees found out via FB that they no longer had jobs... unbelievable! Hope your long day of travel home was OK.

Lav, did you get any rain? We are dry as a bone here. Glad to hear that the sale was fun and that you stayed in the cool. Also glad to hear that the boys are behaving for you - for now! How is the young one doing in school this year?

Pauly, I'm like Lav, I love to paint, but the getting all together and starting is not always pleasant. Hope things are starting to cool off for you.

Hey Det - ditto, hope the heat is starting to recede.

Sam, happy autumn, sounds like you have crisp mornings there.

PPQ, sending good wishes...

I am trying to get used to a whole new personal "world order" here. I find that after the last 7 years 'keeping the home fires burning' up in the country while hubs worked in the city was a very different thing than the 2 of us cohabiting in 910 square feet. I am remembering how to cook an actual dinner for 2 people each evening.... I realize that when living 'alone' I used to make one big dish and then eat it for several days (usually standing at the sink, in between jobs). And he had all the food of NYC at his disposal... not a cook, he relied on take out, so there was lots of variety. We eat very different things! So I am slowly figuring it out... good things I didn't give all my cookbooks away!

Carving out a life here, trying to keep up with my old clients 1.5 hours away, and then helping friends move 2.5 hours away. A lot of driving over the weekend... Meanwhile trying to give a little stability for my dog who has been so patient and gone through so much. Can't remember if I mentioned that he did not do well at the sitter that I took him to ( up where we used to live) when we were last away... it's a woman that has a lot of little dogs, all rescues that she is fostering, and some sick dogs that she has in "hospice". I knew it wasn't ideal, but we had run out of options. When I went to pick him up he barely acknowledged me, and turned around to go back inside... I think he thought he was back in rescue, and he had lost hope... it took all last week for him to get back to his old self, poor guy. He's coming round now, thank goodness.

Anyway, wishing all a good new season - with this weather it is hard to believe the equinox was yesterday.!

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick I too was wondering if you were going get effected by that airline shut down,glad you're not and wishing you safe travels Cyn,you'll carve out your life and figure all the cooking stuff out,waves to all and wishes for a great BF Tuesday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening friends,

Apparently I spoke a bit too soon last evening. The younger kid had a meltdown at 8:30, he was clearly tired. We had to wait another hour until he was picked up but he had calmed down by then. Never easy with him. He tells me he’s been in trouble a few times at school but he;s trying hard to do better & I believe that.

Mick, hope you are home safely. Thanks for sharing your awesome pics.
                Looks like Trump is on path to being impeached (can’t wait) & I hear BOJO didn’t have a good day either, haha!

Cyn, your dog loves you & he will recover. As long as he see’s you happy he will be too
                I absolutely refuse to cook two meals because we eat differently too. I cook something I can eat & always try to keep cooked chicken or pork or some other thing that he can add to the meal as he likes. I actually made a one pot chicken lomein tonight that made both of us happy, Lol

Hey Pauly!

It’s almost dark & just after 7 so I guess I’ll go close up the chicken house.
                Hello to everyone & have a good night!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hi all ..well back to normal ish ...there was an accident on motorway last night ..took 2 hrs to drive home ...then I couldnt sleep ..but hey there we go ..so how are yizall?good I hope

hiya Lav.. what a pair of clowns we have got havent we..how can you truthfully say they are in charge of anything ..hows the youngster doing?hope he is ok.

hiya pauly hows you then?you good? yes we were slightly delayed yesterday not much ..there were 12 repatriation flights out so they needed the air slots ...What was sad waswhen we landed at Manchester all the Thomas cook planes were lined up .On one flight back thet t/c crew volunteered to take ther flight home despite not being paid for it .The passengers had a whip round and raised £675 for them.

hiya tree ...so a whole new world for you ..more cooking more personal routine rerarranged the lot ...you will enjoy it ..just like starting out again ..My rabbits are the same when they get home ...but they soon get back into it ..

hiya ppqp ..you ok?when are you back?

Handed in my notice at Subway today.

They’ll never find anyone as good as me to fill that roll.

Thomas Cook have announced that over 21,000 people will lose their jobs.

No scousers are affected by this.

Apparently, Boris Johnson broke the law by suspending parliament.

I bet he's having second thoughts on hiring an extra 20,000 police officers now.

THOMAS COOK BOSSES: After all the recent stress, why not use your £47 million bonuses to err, book a nice holiday somewhere.

I've just met a director of Thomas Cook, so I gave him my £4,000 holiday money.

Might as well cut out the middle man.

My dad always used to say " If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. "

A brilliant dad, but a nightmare in the Samaritans call centre.

loving dianne abbotts new working four months a week policy

Paddy rings Murphy..

“I can’t come to work today the missus has broke six legs”

“Six legs?”

“Yeah... she fell down the stairs carrying the dog”

Comment

Hello Abbers,

Not much going on with me but I did buy some new plants today
                    These plants are for the edge of the meadow area we created & will serve to provide some color & feeding opportunities for the birds, butterflies & bees!
                    I have a craft show coming up on Oct 5 so I need to decide what I’m taking. It’s always a big guess.
                    Haven’t heard anything about my grandson so I guess no news is good news. I am actually waiting for the axe to drop on Trump, this is awesome seeing how stupid he really & truly is, Lol

Hi Cyn, I forgot to answer your question about rain. We did have a huge downpour at 11 pm, the night before last but we still need more.
                    Hope your day was good.

Hello to PQ, hope you are checking in when you can :hug:

Hello to Det, Sam & anyone else stopping by.
                    Have a nice night!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick hope you're settling back into reality ok haha, does it take you a few days to get over jet lag and stuff? The new puppy is definitely a "morning person" and he's driving me nuts right now! He learned how to climb the stairs so now he's exploring my room and bathroom and destroying my rolls of toilet paper Lav,I dunno about DT,I still call him the new Teflon Don,,he seems untouchable,that speech he gave yesterday pissed me off cuz A.i was watching my show and B.all he did was kiss his own ass the whole thing! We'll see what happens I guess,I'm going to a huge art in the park October 5 so I'll be amongst the artsy folks too I hope you sell tons, tired this morning cuz there was some unidentified chirping outside all night,at first I thought it was the puppy but when I went downstairs all was quiet and when I came in my room there it was again I think maybe it was a car alarm not working right or something,anyhoo much love to all and wishes for a great BF Thursday,has anyone heard from PQ? Hope she's ok

Comment

morning all,
                        Lav, interesting week politically, I hope against hope the the CON will finally be held accountable. It will get very ugly before its over and the justice dept has some splaining to do as well.

Mick, looks like a wonderful vacation, if you're tired of rain, send some our way, the spigot wouldn't turn off in the spring, now we can't get it turned back on.

Pauly, new dog? how old?

TG, sounds as if it was a good move

well off to it, might listen to a little CSpan today while computing!
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Greetings folks,

Still dry here even after a few drops of rain this afternoon. I can’t even dig in the new plants I bought yesterday, the ground is rock hard. I guess they’ll have to wait a while.

Pauly, that chirping wasn’t a low battery in the smoke detector, was it? I’ve been fooled by that before. Our alarms are all hard wired now so I don’t have to deal with that. Have you given any thought to a crate for your pup? It really simplifies the whole puppy training, housebreaking, shoe chewing thing, Lol

Sam, Trump is incoherent as far as I’m concerned. I’m sick of this 3 year nightmare so I hope this is his ticket out of the white house.
                          The UK has BOJO, their clown to deal with too, haha!

Hello to Mick, busy today?
                          Cyn & Det, hello to you too!
                          PQ, please check in with us, we miss you.

Have a nice night everyone.
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hiya all...how are we then?Good Ihope ...well we are in storm whatever it is now ...its raining and pretty windy.I did post yesterday but it was on my phone..so dont know where it went ...heres a beauty for you Couldnt get sound on my computer...no matter what I did it wouldnt happen took it to the shop explained it blah blah ...the guy took ages and in the end said that he didnt know..went thru all my settings and yup there it was ..I ticked the mute button on google ....duh!Went and picked the wabbits up ...they have captured the eye of the person that owns it ..they give them free run of the whole building not just a hutch and pen ...they love it bought a new loco for my set ..another diesel ..it has sound etc..Just working it out ...its only 7 months till we go to Florida ...that has flown in .and yep meeting up with our friends again .
                            hey Lav ...you not like clowns ... how come bojo is likea clown ...clowns are funny this asshole aint its scary how much him and trump have in common...ground here is flooded ..Ive got some paving slabs to relay but it needs to dry foist.

hiya Sam ..you well mate?theres plenty of rain you can have here ..the spigot is well and truly on .

hiya pauly hows you girl?you good ..nope dont get jet lag the time zones are the same .I bet the chirping is an alarm battery ...been there done that

hiya teegee ..you good?I hope so

Pie you ok havent heard from ya for yonks ..

Liverpool FC have failed in a move to trademark the word 'Liverpool'.

Why don't they just steal it?

If it looks like impeachment , swims like impeachment , and quacks like impeachment ,

It's Donald Duck !

I took my dog for a walk in the rain in Crocs but never again.

They kept falling off his paws.

The Cowboy and the Lesbian
                            As he sat sipping his whiskey, a young lady sat down next to him. After she ordered her drink, she turned to the cowboy and asked him, "Are you a real cowboy?"

To which he replied, "Well, I have spent my whole life on the ranch, herding cows, breaking horses, mending fences. I guess I am."

After a short while, he asked her what she was.

She replied, "I am a lesbian. I spend my whole day thinking about women. As soon as I get up in the morning I think of women, when I eat, shower, watch TV, everything seems to make me think of women."

A short while later she left and the cowboy ordered another drink. A couple sat down next to him and asked, "Are you a real cowboy?"

To which he replied, "I always thought I was, but I just found out that I'm a lesbian."

The budding actor's agent finally gets him a part. It is only one line, 'Hark I hear a cannon!', but it's the part that could launch his career.

He practices the line over and over again for days before the performance. He can't mess this up - his career could depend on this. He tells his parents and all his friends he has a part in a brand new production and gets them all to come to the opening night.

Finally the day arrives. He arrives at the theater and the security guard at the actors' entrance asks who he is. He boasts proudly "I'm the guy who says 'Hark I hear a cannon!'". To everyone who asks, he grins and says "I'm the guy who says 'Hark, I head a cannon!'" - the makeup crew, the electricians, the set designers, the costume designers, everyone - "I'm the guy who says 'Hark I hear a cannon!'".

The call comes to him to go stage-side and wait for his cue. He stands there repeating his one line over and over again, 'Hark, I hear a cannon!'.

Eventually he gets his cue to go on stage.

Suddenly he hears a loud BANG.

"What the fck was that?!"

Things that Are Difficult to Say when You're Drunk:

a) Innovative
                            b) Preliminary
                            c) Proliferation
                            d) Cinnamon

Things that are VERY difficult to say when you're drunk:

a) Specificity
                            b) British Constitution
                            c) Passive-aggressive disorder
                            d) Transubstantiate

Things that are ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to say when you're drunk:

a) Thanks, but I don't want to sleep with you.
                            b) Nope, no more booze for me.
                            c) Sorry, but you're not really my type.
                            d) No kebab for me, thank you.
                            e) Good evening officer, isn't it lovely out tonight?
                            f) I'm not interested in fighting you.
                            g) Oh, I just couldn't - no one wants to hear me sing.
                            h) Thank you, but I won't make any attempt to dance, I have no co-ordination. I'd hate to look like a fool.
                            i) Where is the nearest toilet? I refuse to vomit in the street.
                            j) I must be going home now as I have work in the morning.

Comment

morning all
                              been enjoying these cooler evenings, good for sleeping. Mick, enjoyed the jokes. Heard this one the other day:
                              the Canary Islands actually have no canaries on them. The Virgin Islands have no canaries either.

so yesterday was the 50th for Beatles' Abbey Road. I remember it because my dad had become an avid listener to the white album played Abbey Road over and over again. I always found that interesting because he was more a big band jazz type person. He loved to dance. I vaguely remember him being able to do the Russian type dancing where you square and kick out a leg at a time.

looks like a nice day shaping out there, hope everyone's is stellar!
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                              X