29th of September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

29th of September

Good morning all and how are we today then ?hope all is well ....over here we are still in the middle of a rainstorm which has just has stopped so I'm going to let the rabbits out they haven't been out all day .the field at the back of us is flooded (pics to follow) and the horses don't seem very impressed at all

Hiya Lavhow are you today? still need some rain? there is plenty here for you trust me. I'll send you over a bottle ....well some dried rain..... all you need to do is add water!!!glad you had a good day the apple festival.. a few years ago yes definitely it would have been apple festival only in the shape of cider!! they are pretty much sure that dam is now completely sound it's been inspected more times than enough and it's probablt the only part that will never give in the future. yeah the program on Air Force One was really interesting. The stuff that it has got on board.. jamming systems for heat seeking missiles, guided missile systems all sorts of stuff and obviously nowadays a hairdresser haha

hiya pauly how are you today? hope all is well with you and yours.

hyya teegee how's life treating you ?are you managing to survive / enjoy life in your more enclosed spaces together? also how's the cooking going? my friend climbed Ben Nevis yesterday it took her 7 hours 15 minutes to complete there and back that is one of my challenges for next year

Hi Sam how are you doing ok I hope tell me do they have any Canaries in Virginia ? take it easy friend

seems to be a lot of people missing... obviously people are really busy but for those aren't you a big hiya

20190929_160928.jpg

20190929_083728.jpg

20190929_084240 (1).jpg

20190929_084727.jpg

20190929_084420.jpg
    Last edited by Mick; September 29, 2019, 10:16 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 29th of September

Greetings Mick!

Don’t know where everyone else is today - hmm!
    Still no rain here & the weather folks are calling for 90 degrees for the first day of October. They are actually calling it Aug-tober, haha!!!
    I see the horse were wearing their rain gear, nice. You trains are looking awesome, good job!
    Nothing much to report with me, didn’t go anywhere or do anything special today. I did roast up a 12 lb turkey though so there’s lots of leftovers

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a nice night. I have to go close up the chicken house, it’s completely dark out, geez!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi all,

Late check in - my eyes are closing!!!

Mick, your villages are incredible - so very real, and just the nostgic way we think of for living. Hmmmmm. Ben Nevis... I'll have to look that up. I am trying to find the good hikes around here... it's on the Hudson River, so the are bluffs, but so far no good hikes.

Lav, the apple,festival sounds fun. Glad to hear about the leaves... that's the best way for the leaves and lawn... but I could never get my landscape guy to do it. Love the sound of the apples.... but 90 on Oct 1! Sheesh.

It was the eve of Rose Hashana tonight, so for hubs I made a little bit more special meal, and got out his grandmother's silver candlesticks. Luckily I had just purchased a 34 inch card table at Bed Bath, so I was able to set a little festive table - the first time here we've eaten at anything but the kitchen island!

Hey Pauly, I want to apologiz if I rudely gave TMI about puppies and training. It's none of my business with your pup! But when we got our first rescue dog, I got a crash course on dog behavior, and blah blah blah... so anyway, sorry if I overstepped.

Hello to all else... wishing you a good night... and a happy week to come...

Comment

Mae everybody,Cyn,oh please don't feel like you overstepped,it was like you said-just a suggestion and it's a good one Mick, beautiful pics send some rain to me too,Lav how fun at the apple orchard,we have one here that just opened its doors for pumpkin picking but it gets sooooo busy! It's HUGE too but still gets overcrowded dunno if we'll attempt to make it out there this year,last year we drove by and seen all the cars and people and passed waves to all and wishes for a great BF Monday!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all ..how are we today then?hope we are all well .Ive got a bouncing headache ..dont know why but its annoying to say the least ...Yep its raining ...Yes I know you dont believe me in this land of sunshine but yes we have a teensy weensy bit of watter on the ground .
          Hiya Pauly ,you good ?picking pumpkins eh?what do you do with the inside ?soup?

hiya tree how are you doing?all well in the teegee household ?does the celebrations not last till wednesday?are there special meals for it?

are you near the Palisades? I foundthese dont know if they are any good to you

Best Hiking Near NYC: Day Hikes, Trails & Parks You Need to Check Out - Thrillist

lots of toikey left Lav?here we go ..stew soup curry sandwiches....go on try something different ...make turkey ice cream??you could start a trend ..

hello everyone else ...

I’ve just failed my electricians exam.

Ah well, I’ll just keep plugging away and try again.

British gran jailed for smuggling £1m of cocaine moans of hard conditions in Portuguese prison where guards don't speak English and they are given only water to drink.

So sorry. If only we knew you were coming...

How do you start a rice pudding race?
          Say go.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

I think I’ll pass on the turkey ice cream Mick, haha!!!
            I have my sights set on a turkey pot pie tomorrow - if it’s not too hot outside, It was cloudy all day, no rain but felt quite a bit cooler.
            Btw, my chickens are thrilled when we toss a pumpkin in the yard for them, they munch on it all day

Pauly, we have SO many fruit & vegetable stands/sellers here there is no need for us to stand in line in those busy seasonal places. We used to deal with all that before we moved down this way to farmville. I don’t blame you for skipping that mess.

Happy New Year to Mrs & Mr Cyn! I hope it’s wonderful & fulfilling for both of you

Hello to Det, Sam & PQ. Check in soon guys, please.

Have a nice night everyone.
            I need to get back to my craft work, Saturday will be here quickly.

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all -

Mick, leave it to you to find a great website. Those hikes look amazing! ( though I didn't see Palisades on that list, did I miss it?) Yes, we are close to Palisades... it is just across the river! I'll search that. The funny thing is, we lived right next to the Appalachian trail in our last house -- plenty of rocky terrain there - I could drive 10 minutes to a great vertical hike... but in the last few years I only went rarely, sad! Hope your headache gets better fast.

Lav, thanks for the New Year greetings! Though it is not the tradition I grew up with, I always like to have this new start in the fall... January seems like a long time ago! (Yes, Mick, the "days of awe" go on for about a week, and end with a day of fasting and then a "break-fast" meal. - that for the really observant people, my husband doesn't do that... he's always working, so no fasting for him! (Though now Fasting is all the health rage...). Lav, good luck on the prep for the craft show - are you making specialty items? Halloween, Thanksgiving?

Pauly, so sorry the Pumpkin Patch is a mob scene. Can you make up one in your back yard? Then you can give the excess pumpkins to the people who have chickens... according to Lav, it sounds like a delicacy! One of these days I will get back on FB and see pics of your cuties...

Hello to Det and Sam and PPQ... Lav, have you heard anymore from SK? It would be great to hear from her once again.

I finally had a decent productive day yesterday... I worked from breakfast to 2 pm straight, having my way with the tiny closet... it is livable now. Then worked straight through to 5, catching up on business. Then re-made the leftovers from last night into another meal... hubs liked it, and even ate the Delicata squash! Woo hoo! He likes to watch the political TV shows in the evening, but honestly it makes me crazy... I may have to start knitting again (with earplugs!)

Wishing all a splendid Tuesday. May we be well...

Comment

hiya all how are we today then?all goo I hope ..I felt as rough as a bears botty ysterday headaches and felt like I had been run over bty a bus..happily better today ..went to bed at 7.30 last night was going to brothers today but nope not first thing this morning ..Im going tomorrow ,,and before you ask....yep it is raining but its faired off to a steady downpour
                hiya tree ...here you go looks purty good ..tell your hubby to watch British politics...it is only equalled by the Simpsons

Hiking | Palisades Interstate Park in New Jersey

hiya Lav ..hot pot?not ice cream.. here you go .....this is zoomed in on the railway you still need rain?

20191001_162744.jpg

hiya pauly and everyone else

Chuck was always shy with girls. One evening, he got his best friend, Bob, to go with him to a singles bar. Bob, being very experienced, was supposed to help Chuck in his quest for female companionship, and sexual companionship.

One sweet young thing in the room noticed Chuck, thought he was cute, and decided to make contact with him. Since she was a little shy, she could not just go up to him, but had to use gestures.

"Bob," Chuck said. "That girl over there is giving me the eye. What should I do?"

"Give her the eye back," replied Bob. So Chuck, as best as he could, gave her the eye. A few moments passed.

"Bob," said Chuck, now getting rather excited. "She's smiling at me. What do I do?"

"Smile back," was the reply. So Chuck, trying to appear cool and calm, smiled back. A few more moments passed.

"Bob!" exclaimed Chuck. "She bent over and showed me her boobs. Now what do I do?"

"Show her your nuts," Bob calmly replied.

So Chuck turned toward the girl, stuck his thumbs in his ears, and waving his fingers stuck out his tongue, and wiggling it, exclaimed, "Bluble, bluble, bluble!"

When little Johnny was in the fifth grade he looked downcast, so her teacher asked, "What's the problem, Johnny, I hope it's not homework again"?

"Well, uh, yes it is", replied Johnny. "I was stupid and made my homework paper into a paper airplane".

"Johnny, you're right that wasn't a very bright thing to do", said the teacher, "but this once I'll let you just unfold the paper and hand it in".

"Oh, but that won't work", said Johnny, looking even sadder. "You see, the plane was hijacked".

Despite warnings from her guide, Vickie skiing in Switzerland got separated from her group and fell into a deep crevasse.

Several hours later, a rescue party found the hole, and to reassure the

stranded skier shouted down to her, "We're from the Red Cross"

"Sorry," Vickie echoed back, "I already gave at the office!"

Computer Dependency Test

Here's a quick test for you to take. This just proves that we
                have become too dependent on our computers.

Q: Are you male or female?

To find out the answer, look down...

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

Look down, not scroll down, I said.

Walking into the bar, Harvey said to the bartender, "Pour me a stiff one, Eddie. I just had a fight with the little woman."

"Oh yeah," said Eddie. "And how did this one end?"

"When it was over," Harvey replied, "she came to me on her hands and knees."

"Really? Now that's a switch! What did she say?"

"She said, 'Come out from under that bed, you gutless weasel!'"

"My stomach has been bothering me, Doctor", complained the patient.

"What have you been eating" asked the doctor?

"That's easy. I only eat pool balls".

"Pool balls" said the astonished doctor!!? "Maybe that's the trouble. What kind do you eat"?

"All kinds," replied the man, "Red ones for breakfast, yellow and orange ones for lunch, blue ones for afternoon snacks, and purple and black for dinner".

"I see the problem," said the doctor. "You haven't been getting any greens"!

A man decides to join the circus. He shows up to demonstrate his skills to the impresario.

"I have the most unusual act," he announces. "I'm sure it will amaze you."

He proceeds to climb a tall tower, and jumps off. He flaps his arms wildly, and finally his fall slows. He soars forward, then swoops upward, turns and swoops back again. Finally he stops in mid air and gently lowers himself to the ground.

The impresario stares blankly at him for a long time. Finally he says, "Is that all you've got? Bird imitations?"

Comment

Greetings folks,

Still no rain & tomorrow is predicted to be 93 degrees. There’s no climate crisis
                  I love waking up each morning to see what stupid sh*t Trump tweeted overnight. My mother always said give a fool enough rope & eventually he’ll hang himself. I think she was right on that one!

Cyn, I’m putting together a collection of fall stuff plus my regular stuff to take Saturday. Nice to have a bit of variety.
                  We’ve had years that we grew pumpkins & had so many we started tossing them into the chicken yard not knowing they would dive in & leave nothing but a thin orange shell, haha! I haven’t heard any more from SK & I’m trying to contact PQ as well.

Mick, who is that chicken lady in your pic? The chickens look happy.
                  Hope you feel better soon, sounds like you picked up a virus somewhere. I hope your brother is OK.

Hello to everyone else & wishing a nice night for all!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all -

Thanks Mick for the link! Glad you are a bit better, but take it slowly - I'm sure the chickens will do OK until you are all better! (My husband is still laughing at the cowboy joke... that was such fun!)

Lav, good luck with all your stuff! Do you ever get tired of putting stuff in your car and taking it out again? I admire your creativity and stamina. What are you cooking these days? I'm using the instant pot... too hot outside to cook in the apartment and make the inside hot too!

Yesterday I hit the wall in transporting "stuff". It's a little harder here than when we had the house... we use a common garage space, and it's a hike to get to the car.. I have a cart, but still... I am bringing things to and from storage, to my clients, from my clients, to charity, to recycle and throw away... it is getting on my nerves!! Hopefully I'll get to DONE at some point soon... crossing fingers.

Pauly, how's stuff? Cute pup! I think of you as I do my Honest Guys meditation... here's one I am working on... "I expect good things to happen" what a great approach to the day, right? Working on it...

Det, what's up, mister? Hello to Sam and all and hoping to see PPQ soon...

Comment

hiya all hope we are good 20.45 pm ...about an hour back from my brothers got caught up in all the manchester traffic ...especially with the Tory Party conference on their..they shut part of the motorway down...snipers on the bridges,armed law everywhere ...and the big black car with outriders containing a clown .

hiya tree ...set yourself a task list ...move x amounts of things a day and thats it ..

hiya Lav hows you then Chicken lady? good I hope..yep youve got yours ..weve got ours clowns ..

hello to everyone else

I hate conspiracy theories.
                      I think there's a group of people creating them just to annoy me.

When I brought home my Korean mail order bride, I asked her what she made for dinner and she said, "We're having crackers."

"Crackers, that's it ?"

"Yes."

Anyway, I really miss that parrot.

My wife was selling a bunch of her old patterned dresses that she had outgrown; and amazingly this place in New Mexico paid us quite a lot for the lot of them.

We also got this really nice letter a couple weeks later from the Navajo nation, thanking us a lot for the teepees !

Pre flight briefing.

In the event of cabin depressurisation oxygen masks will drop from above.. Pull on the mask to begin the flow of oxygen.
                      Put on the mask and breathe normally.

How do we define "normal breathing" whilst in a plane plummeting towards the ground?

Boris Johnson puts the country on election alert as he tells the Tory Party Conference that he thinks Jeremy Corbyn is a d.ck

I saw a kid earlier with a hairy face and horrible beady eyes.

Saying that, I suppose it's normal for a goat.

Comment

oy ABeroooos!

goodness, overwhelmed but not in a horrid way happy to report. Sporting my blue blocking glasses here to cut down on computer eye strain.
                        Had a family snap decision to move my grams to OR so I was in scramble mode to pack up all her things and get her affairs sorted in record time..she's
                        not easy to pack for being so forgetful and all but she's made it and doing fine. whew.

Now I've been working on photos for architectural photo job and learning ever more on the E commerce front so i feel like I'm in college stuffing the ol brain
                        with knowledge which is good and certainly keeping me out of trouble. Did make it to the Greek festival last week which was a hoot... opah! did I send this pic
                        of a very groovy new spot we found at Calico Basin?

pic Shared album - Xring007 - Google Photos

is there a way to just chuck a 13yo into cryo-freeze, then unthaw her when she's 25 and check progress? ack!
                        anyhoo...

we are heading to a music concert in LA this Friday... road trip! which would be a hoot without the whining machine but we'll
                        make the most of it of course.

Mick, superb pics once again. Horses wearing rain jackets?

Pauly, you make it out to anything interesting lately? we did a tour of the Greek orthodox church last Weekend at the festival and it's just
                        gorgeous. They repainted all the icons and did an amazing job.

Lav, how's the turkey pot pie? sounds like good comfort food to me.

Tree! I'll get caught up when I can but the way things are looking that will be rough going til after the weekend craziness.

Off to a Refuge meeting tonight...at least I have the presence of mind to keep doing what is working so well for me. That and the gym which
                        is a lovely combo.

oh.. made a lovely baba ganoush today... so silky.

that's it in a nutshell for crazy man.... zoom....

be well loves
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hello Cyn & everyone.

Cyn, I fortunately have these craft fairs spread out so I don’t feel like I’m hauling stuff every day. That would get on my nerves, for sure. I have to involve YB with most of these things to transport tables, a tent & now my new upright racks to hang things. He puts all that in his truck & I put all the lightweight stuff in my car, ha ha!

Believe it or not I roasted a 12 lb turkey on Sunday so I’m just tossing turkey into different things this week. As soon as it gets cold I’ll get back to making soups & stews in the IP - looking forward to that actually.

Hello to all & wishing everyone a nice night.
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...yup it's me checking in.

The celebration of life on Sep 14th went really well, my BIL and I sent my sister off in style. Monday I wasn't feeling really great so stayed another day and drove home on Tuesday (Sep 17). Wednesday I still wasn't feeling great and ended up having my son drive me to the emergency ward. I was admitted with an irregular heart beat and while still in the emergency ward my heart beat went back to normal. After doing a chest xray they discovered that I had 4 broken ribs (remember the back pain I was complaining about?), one of which sliced a blood vessel and filled my left lung cavity with blood and collapsed the lung. So after 3 chest tubes (to drain the blood) and 15 days later they finally discharged me. I just now got home and having access to my laptop wanted to check in. Looking forward to spending the night in my own bed!!!

Will read back and see what everyone's been up to and hope that you're all doing ok....:smile:PPQP
                            Last edited by porqoui; October 2, 2019, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Oh PQ, sorry about your health issues how did you break ribs I wonder? Glad to finally hear from you
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X