October Army Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

October Army Thread 2019

Pinch,punch, white rabbits and all that jazz............its October :applouse:

It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Re: October Army Thread 2019

Had just realised that! Happy October everyone...one of my favourite months .. love autumn! Howdy Jackie and all else
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Good morning Girlies!!!

Happy October to all! If today is any sign, it's going to be a gorgeous month, weather-wise! Love that it's warm during the day but cool at night and in the morning when I get up - about 6a.m., it's definitely "fresh" out! Definitely not expecting a monsoon or anything [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] !!

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
      I won't be-labour this but you all might remember about the problems the boy had earlier on this year at the hands of a certain piece of work? Well she's at it again.....this time she's accused a group of men in town. The area is well covered by CCTV. But what do you know, nothing turned up! Apparently she has made a report to police, which I also hope is true so that a pattern begins to emerge for NSW Police. It's been 4 months. Time to get more attention, I guess.
      I hope the little biatch gets what she deserves. And whoever said it is right - it's people like her that make it so hard for woman who actually have been abused to be believed by others, the courts included.
      Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
      I was going to say it suddenly dawned on me but its been niggling a while.
      A text/whatsap/IM cannot is taking the over getting off your backside and something called visiting.
      In a visit.........you can see body language/ smiles (whether they're real or fake)/ when they're sat in front of you by body language and some say they're fine you can see they not. Inotations in the your or their voice speaks volumes.There's hugs...real ones not some damned fecking emoji. You can't get that from a phone.
      If you have a fight you either work it out not just switch you off.
      I can't text great long screeds of what I'm doing/done/going to do.
      Jenny's teaching at a school where phones are handed in as soon as the pupils get ther and handed back when they leave. In the space of just two years they've seen better behaviour/higher attendance/better exam results.

Its a wonderful thing that we can keep in contact with family across the world (we've got family in France & USA) but when they're half an hour down the road it hacks me off.

Here endeth the big think.
      Personally, I'm sick of cell phones and I hate texting. (I have large fingers and have to correct every other word!) I see people at coffee places sitting at the same table and not exchanging a single word because they're on their shagging phones. They actually talk more to the waitress when they give their order. Kids sitting 10 metres away from each other in the school ground at recess, sending text messages back and forth. FFS. Just say it to their face!!!

I like to talk on the phone but DO NOT LIKE people dropping in unexpectedly. I love to have company but want to know ahead of time so I can have a little something ready when they get here, never mind not being in my jammies with a mosturizing green face mask on! Call ahead or go somewhere else!

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
      BIG BOAST!! Have a wireless printer...…….. wireless my ARSE.... it came with an instruction book of about 94 million pages of how to connect wirelessly -- I threw the book in the bin in a tantrum ---- TODAY -- I connected it by pressing 3 buttons...……. WHY OH WHY couldn't the book say - 'press the blue one - press the yellow one- and then press the one on the left for 3 seconds' --- LATHERIN HEART!!!
      Those manuals are made for MEN, Molls. Us women can figure out stuff by ourselves. I never look at one. Just poke around and press buttons til I find out what the machine is all about. We had a problem with our printer - 4 men couldn't figure it out. I solved it with just plain common sense. Same with the ai-conditioner remote thingey. It wouldn't give the right signal to the AC to cool, blow, whatever it was they wanted to do. Again - Stirly to the rescue - just take out the bloody battery and start over. Simple as that!!
      Originally posted by IamMary View Post
      I was probably being a tad facetious about the 'getting hammered' at the weekend away. We have all grown up a bit now (all late 40s), but it was these parties and mad nights out that bonded us 30 years ago and the expectation is there. As a group, we only meet once or twice at most a year now and I was giving it socks on these occasions, until 4 years ago. They definitely knock them back more than your crochet group Rustop! I do really enjoy most of their company though, so its tricky.
      Sorry, Mers, I kinda came over strongly in my opinion about your weekend away. I guess it's just that I hate AL so much and enjoy life in general and times with family and friends without it, that I react that way. Just can't see the point anymore. Hope you have a great time with your pals!!
      I've 2 crumbly knees and another crumbly hip...he reckons arthritis set in bout 30 years ago! Best ignored
      Did you have a hip replacement, Molls? My BIL in Canada has been in desperate need of a knee replacement for years now but the medical coverage won't pay for it til he's 65. Bloody ridiculous. In the meantime, he limps and the way he walks has caused wear and tear on his other joints and he's got constant pain in his one hip and back.
      Sobriety brings out our strengths we recognize our weaknesses. We learn to cope. We learn there's no answer at the bottom of a glass. Our brains heal and finally we grow up to be the person we always had inside.
      I love the way you expressed that, Jackie. It's exactly what happens. 'Cept the growing up part. I'm never gonna grow up. A little older, but still a kid at heart!! inkele::spin:
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Morning yous twos.

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION].............just how long did it take you to do that post? Very thorough.

Oddly enough Sunday night came and got into a long and complicated two text messaging session one with my brother.............and you're never going to believe what it was about.............our mother's old biscuit barrel. It was oak with a silver handle and did I have it.
        He'd been watching Antiques Road Show and saw one worth nearly £200 pounds.
        The other with the S&H as I got a series of photos of him knocking their fitted wardrobes out so I had to send many happy emojis and well dones.

And I think I just lost my temper in a post again
        Last edited by JackieClaire; October 1, 2019, 04:24 AM.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning yous twos.

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION].............just how long did it take you to do that post? Very thorough.

Oddly enough Sunday night came and got into a long and complicated two text messaging session one with my brother.............and you're never going to believe what it was about.............our mother's old biscuit barrel. It was oak with a silver handle and did I have it.
          The other with the S&H as I got a series of photos of him knocking their fitted wardrobes out so I had to send many happy emojis and well dones.

well if that was you losing your temper - you're one calm broad:applouse: just reminded me of my 'excuses' phase really!!! He'll get there!!!!
          So yeah -- my heart is sinking... I don't do drama but this is drama...…...Joe is going to build bannisters...……………..oh jaysus………..he's talking MONTHS.... may -- MAY be done for Christmas...……………….
          Did the brother WANT the biscuit barrel or is he just delighted for your good luck????:egad:

Yes Stirly - had one done last January - it was brilliant - can't afford to get anything else done for the moment cos work wouldn't keep paying me!!! was out of work for weeks!!

Comment

Didn't take too long, Jackie dear. I type pretty fast seeing as how I'm on the damn computer all day so, yeah, only a few minutes.

I gather S&H and Mrs. S&H are getting new wardrobes....

Okay, wee rant. We have a newish employee - been here since August. Very enthusiastic about learning all of our products, waiting on customers, etc., etc., but he talks just to talk and never looks at you first before opening his mouth. When I'm on the phone, trying to concentrate on an e-mail I'm writing to a customer, when I'm noting something down. Just opens his mouth and spouts unnecessary dribble. Repeats something we've already discussed for no reason. Asks did Mr. So-and-so not come in to pick up his order? Well if the order is still sitting here then obviously he didn't!! Makes me mental. He also completes my sentences if I pause before I finish what I was saying and most of the time it's not what I was going to say. AND, he talks over me when I'm waiting on a customer. I've been in this business over 25 years. I don't need you adding your 2 cents worth when you don't yet know the product that well, dude. GRRRR......

Comment

Yes Stirly - had one done last January - it was brilliant - can't afford to get anything else done for the moment cos work wouldn't keep paying me!!! was out of work for weeks!!
              Cross-post Molly. Wonderful. Glad it was a success!

Bannisters? Oh my. My guess is they could be very complicated, getting them all fitted and such. Is he handy around the house or just decided to learn as he goes? Patience, dear girl, patience! I can picture the grandkids at Christmas running up and down stairs with vertical posts but no hand-rail attached!!:egad:

Comment

He did mention needing a stair gate....the stairs could be like Startys oven many years ago...I may not have ANY!!!
                Nope handy is not the best description

Comment

He did mention needing a stair gate....the stairs could be like Startys oven many years ago...I may not have ANY!!!
                  Nope handy is not the best description
                  Haha!! That's kinda what I figured!! Well I'm not the handiest person either but I do love to work with my hands to make things. Here are a few examples - three lighting fixtures made of wood, chains and rice paper and an end table made from a large planter with a top that was once a large wall clock and that I painted with a Japanese-type flower. And also a coffee table made from wire baskets and left-over kitchen wall tiles. The ducks on top of the coffee table were carved by my Dad. :heartbeat:
                  Light fixture#3.jpgLight fixture#2.jpgLight fixture#1.jpgCoffee table#2.jpgEnd table.jpg

Comment

Morning to you all. I have snuck into bed early again.
                    I think your young employee needs to be kept a tad busier, Stirly.
                    Did you ever see those TShirts for sale online that said ''People: Not a fan"? Think I might get one. I've had a very odd day at work and if you don't mind I'll just lay here and listen to you all chatter.

If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Oh wow, Stirly. You clever little minx.
                      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

smashing Stirly -- well done!! Hey Bridgers -- now must away to work - talk later xx

Comment

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]...........how clever you are I love, love the ducks.

I'm sure when I get the hang of the loft ladders my latest :heartbeat: There'll be one or two up there.
                          Jenny's got one, not because of having children its to stop Buddy the Beagle getting upstairs when they had stairs they're in a bungalow and it keeps him in the kitchen when they're eating.
                          Rather clever that at my mum's she used to put one of my brother's motorbike helmets at the bottom of her stairs............both mine were terrified of it. Oddly enough they didn't mind when he had one on.

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

That looks frighteningly familiar!! I took over your tantrum btw!! At work ..talk later

Comment

Afternoon all. Typing on phone so excuse errors. Wow Stirly, very talented lady, very impressed. Can you please send some of your weather our way, bucketing it down here again. Am glad to be in work, although fire and-crochet sounds inviting too.

Comment

Working...
                              X