MWO Welcome Wagon September 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MWO Welcome Wagon September 2019

I want to say a big hello and welcome to the members that have joined throughout the month of September:

[MENTION=24415]Bluebird42[/MENTION] [MENTION=24416]edw4rd160[/MENTION] [MENTION=24417]Healthy20[/MENTION] [MENTION=24419]Lexistar[/MENTION] [MENTION=24413]Lynnie2222[/MENTION] [MENTION=24412]SarahWSP[/MENTION]

So lets give them all a big, warm MWO Welcome!

You’ll get the most out of this place by becoming active, reading and posting everyday, so find a thread you think might be good for you, introduce yourself, and get more involved!

It takes all of us to make MWO the great place it is, why don’t we step it up a notch and make it a fantastic place to be!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Re: MWO Welcome Wagon September 2019

I wonder if many of the people who register think this site is focused on moderation and medication, as suggested by the MWO homepage, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. Then, when they read the active threads, they realize that most of them encourage abstinence so they leave. I wrote to [MENTION=10546]Forum Manager[/MENTION] and [MENTION=23772]Administrator[/MENTION], asking if the homepage could be updated to reflect what actually is going on but haven't heard back about that. If the homepage were accurate, perhaps more people who want to quit would be interested in the site.

Comment

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION], I have thought the same thing about what MWO's homepage suggests and it really does not to be updated.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
        I wonder if many of the people who register think this site is focused on moderation and medication, as suggested by the MWO homepage, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. Then, when they read the active threads, they realize that most of them encourage abstinence so they leave. I wrote to [MENTION=10546]Forum Manager[/MENTION] and [MENTION=23772]Administrator[/MENTION], asking if the homepage could be updated to reflect what actually is going on but haven't heard back about that. If the homepage were accurate, perhaps more people who want to quit would be interested in the site.

What home page are you referring to?

The one with Roberta Jewell and the shop have been not accesible for some time now, I put a redirection direct to the forum in place many months ago. You can only see redirected pages by using "My Way Out" as part of your search, in which case the person searching knows about the site! Any link to a keywords on the Forum (which is far more widely published) will go directly to the Forum and the Homepage cannot be backlinked from the Forum.

If you, or anyone else has any ideas for a replacement home page then please start a new thread.

In the last 3 months there have been 30 new registrations, of which 3 members have posted, all three only once. Personally I consider the forum is getting people through the door.

In any case the Homepage has not been trawled for years, certainly not as long as I have been involved. As Forum Manager has explained to you, NoSugar, the reason why people are drawn to the site is because of the medication section which although almost non-existant at the moment contains key words, generally being medication names when combined with phrases such as "give up drinking" are easy to find in a search. Where as "give up drinking" will bring up a host of paid suggestions before MWO.

Not much has changed since;

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f...-rankings.html except that we are in discussion with another platform, although initial changeover tests have not proved very successful. If you wish to continue Search engine discussions please use the existing thread.

Also see the following post;

This current platform is old and no longer supported by vBulletin. If you would like to discuss moving to a different platform, please start a new thread.

Please desist from littering threads with your complaints, start a new thread or use an existing relevant one. This way we can all keep up!

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
        I want to say a big hello and welcome to the members that have joined throughout the month of September:

[MENTION=24415]Bluebird42[/MENTION] [MENTION=24416]edw4rd160[/MENTION] [MENTION=24417]Healthy20[/MENTION] [MENTION=24419]Lexistar[/MENTION] [MENTION=24413]Lynnie2222[/MENTION] [MENTION=24412]SarahWSP[/MENTION]

So lets give them all a big, warm MWO Welcome!

You’ll get the most out of this place by becoming active, reading and posting everyday, so find a thread you think might be good for you, introduce yourself, and get more involved!

It takes all of us to make MWO the great place it is, why don’t we step it up a notch and make it a fantastic place to be!
        This is the people who completed the email confirmation, the users who registered but did not complete the email confirmation (for whatever reason) is higher.
        Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
        X