Feeling hopeful...finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling hopeful...finally

I have been addicted to something since I was 12, alcohol has had me for the past 16 years. I have been on naltrexone in the past but not TSM. I started on Friday night and drank my usual bottle of wine plus a cider. I didn't really want to drink but it was there so I felt like I had to. That sounds so stupid.

I woke up yesterday just exhausted. I did not feel hungover but I felt a bit dizzy and fatigued. Last night I had no desire to drink which is very strange for a Saturday night. I ended up sleeping for 12 hours last night and I still feel tired. I am sure part of it is due to my body recovering.

It feels like this may work. As long as I make sure to take that pill.

Week 1: 13.4 units, 0 units, 10 units, 13 units, 0 units, 10 units

Re: Feeling hopeful...finally

Welcome, [MENTION=24420]AutumnRain[/MENTION]
    It is wonderful that you are feeling hopeful!
    You would be welcome to participate in the Newbies Nest where there are people at all stages of quitting drinking.
    Take care, NS

Comment

Welcome to the boards. I wish you much success, and look forward to reading your posts!
      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Welcome Autumn rain!

Good to see you taking action. Reclaim your precious life friend. You can do it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

You will never be sorry that you sobered up. Please remember to take daily action to protect your sobriety, and guard it with your life. The quickest way to lose the battle is to become complacent (from personal experience).
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I concur with Bridget. No one ever regretted sobering up. We're here for you if you need support...

Pav

Comment

Working...
            X