Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does drinking more alcohol again cure the shakes, or is it just a myth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does drinking more alcohol again cure the shakes, or is it just a myth?

Just wondering if anyone has a good method of getting rid of the shakes

k

Re: Does drinking more alcohol again cure the shakes, or is it just a myth?

Originally posted by scotskev81 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has a good method of getting rid of the shakes

k
    A quick double vodka helps (Its called the hair of the dog from where I'm from and said with tongue in cheek) or diazapam (valium)............can't give you the dosage as I'm not a doctor.

But bonnie lad and I know you'll hate me for saying it but if you're experiencing them its time to see your GP again and be brutally honest about just how much you're drinking.

Alcohol withdrawal symptoms | Drinkaware
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Yes it works but according to what you've posted before you don't drink enough to get the shakes
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
        Yes it works but according to what you've posted before you don't drink enough to get the shakes
        i've never had the shakes but this was for a friend I know. Someone who has been in the same pub as me swears by drinking again to cure himself.

Comment

Ah Kev! Yer GAS:congratulatory:
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by scotskev81 View Post
            i've never had the shakes but this was for a friend I know. Someone who has been in the same pub as me swears by drinking again to cure himself.
            Yes another drink is a great cure ..... it replaces the alcohol your body is fighting so hard to get rid of.
            So you have the drink and the detoxing stops and happy days ... just like taking off a tight pair of shoes - relief.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
              Yes another drink is a great cure ..... it replaces the alcohol your body is fighting so hard to get rid of.
              So you have the drink and the detoxing stops and happy days ... just like taking off a tight pair of shoes - relief.
              I'd only take off the one shoe - off the leg that's bein' pulled. Cause that's what it looks like to me! Just sayin'........
              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
                I'd only take off the one shoe - off the leg that's bein' pulled. Cause that's what it looks like to me! Just sayin'........
                [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION] :hahaha:
                Last edited by satz123; October 23, 2019, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X